• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Horikoshi really going all out in the last chapters with the callbacks
also it was a really great way to have the stain talk with all might. Stain is a sociopath but he understood why all might was so important, he not recognizing all might also worked both ways because despite the appearance the main thing that was unrecognizable was the attitude

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah thinking on it more, i think this was a really good chapter. I feel like we are going to get a talk between AM and Izuku soon

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
btw this chapter is totally setting up an all might flashback right?

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Really didn't like Stain here. He felt way more unhinged than he has in the past. Almost like a completely different character.

It made me chuckle a little after everybody wanting Deku to team up with Stain and Toga earlier. Lmao.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
All the callbacks.

It was nice seeing the woman All Might saved at Kamino Ward again. Also, is it just me or does Stain seem more manic than what he was previously?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
That was a really good chapter. Now All Might can die

gordon-ramsay-finally.gif

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so all might flashback is near right?
Really didn't like Stain here. He felt way more unhinged than he has in the past. Almost like a completely different character.

It made me chuckle a little after everybody wanting Deku to team up with Stain and Toga earlier. Lmao.
I am really sure stain was acting, he didnt want to act too friendly because he still wants to die by all might's hands

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Wonder what All Might will do, share Stains info with Deku and Co, or go off on his own to try and stop AFO. After this chapter I feel like it'll be more the former.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I kinda don't want AM to go after AFO since self-sacrifice as a concept has been througly discredited in the MHA Verse and it would be foolish for AM to go at this alone

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping Koichi makes an appearance in this

otherwise, cant imaigne that this isnt anything other than the final arc. Why bring back stain or have all these other backstories coming full circle now.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Leaked transcript of the end of the note:
"P.S. Tell Iida my bad about the thing with his brother"

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's interesting how Hori is really cashing in on all the civilians we have seen all through the story so far. Kinda helps solidify that we are heading towards the conclusion, regardless of how far out we actually are

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting how Hori is really cashing in on all the civilians we have seen all through the story so far. Kinda helps solidify that we are heading towards the conclusion, regardless of how far out we actually are
yeah some people dont live the civilians but I like how Horikoshi is using them, it generates this climate of social strife that you would expect from such a disaster happening.
Not many manga have such heavy focus on the civilian population, I think it is definitely something Horikoshi got inspired by western media specially marvel

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a thought, the anime will totally screw up the fact that it has been raining nonstop right?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I think civilians in most battle-oriented manga don't get much of a focus. It kind of reminds me of that one two panel comic Hori made a while back that had the MHA cast dressed as One Piece characters, with Deku as Luffy and everyone else as the crew. As soon as they became the Straw Hats, they all immediately turned themselves over to Hannyabal, who is like one of the only marines in One Piece who actually voiced concerns about the negative effects that Luffy's actions have on normal civilians.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Is the manga in a good place right now? I'm hoping for a darker turn and major character deaths (heroes and villains). I stopped reading years ago at the end of the All Might vs All for One fight.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Still hoping Koichi makes an appearance in this

otherwise, cant imaigne that this isnt anything other than the final arc. Why bring back stain or have all these other backstories coming full circle now.
Agreed - i think we will get 5-10 chapters before the final arc starts though. There's still a couple of things to wrap up/do before we can get into the final arc

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, this was a great chapter. Hori has a really good Superman run in him, I think - a lot of this had very strong vibes. Stain stays amazing too.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Great Chapter. Stain acting more unhinged than usual was totally a bit. Kinda highlighted by him knowing it was All Might all along at the end there.

Is the manga in a good place right now? I'm hoping for a darker turn and major character deaths (heroes and villains). I stopped reading years ago at the end of the All Might vs All for One fight.
lol you got a lot ahead of you if that's where you left off

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018

Ehh. You get some of this and some of that in what you're hoping for. It seems to be in it's dark phase right now with an eventual final arc possibly looming in the distance. Where you left off is unfortunately where the manga dips for a few arcs before picking itself back up. Just my opinion but I'd say you've already read the best MHA has to offer so far. I've been disappointed with where the manga went personally. I'm only sticking around because I want to see how it all ends.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Goodness I loved this chapter. Stain is such a cool character. He's such a fanboy too haha trying to act like he didn't know it was All Might. I do think Stain is trying to help now though.

It's kind of beautiful to see that woman All Might saved doing her part no matter how small it may seem to be. It's also cool to see Stain being the one to remind All Might of who he's meant to be.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, I think civilians in most battle-oriented manga don't get much of a focus. It kind of reminds me of that one two panel comic Hori made a while back that had the MHA cast dressed as One Piece characters, with Deku as Luffy and everyone else as the crew. As soon as they became the Straw Hats, they all immediately turned themselves over to Hannyabal, who is like one of the only marines in One Piece who actually voiced concerns about the negative effects that Luffy's actions have on normal civilians.

Do you have a link to this? Is it on Viz or manga plus?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Damn. My favorite chapter in quite a while. Wish Stain and All Might's talk had gone a little bit longer, but still, this was a meeting years in the making

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I feel this is the first chapter that genuinely worked across the board since the Iida grabbing Deku's hand chapter.

Every part of this chapter worked for me.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Curious where they go with Stain now. He's not on the heroes side or the villains side. Wonder if Stain comes in contact with Toga, what will happen to Toga's arc as well.