• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
If the super secret defense system is only there to shuttle civvies out of the final conflict, I'm not surprised he didn't waste any time trying to set it up, it's not critical to the plot.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If the super secret defense system is only there to shuttle civvies out of the final conflict, I'm not surprised he didn't waste any time trying to set it up, it's not critical to the plot.
it will probably what will happen
afo will find a weakness, maybe thanks to the traitor, and the heroes will need to stay there to defend the ground while civilians escape

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You guys ever wonder like who builds the villain hideouts in any kind of media. Like who do they pay

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Kirishima and Ashido saying how they feel before this is all over?

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
This whole "I've built this intricate underground defense system that surely cost an insane amount of money but I've been so rich this whole time I paid it all out of my pocket" just reeks of "hey we need to wrap this series up real soon so let's just gloss over this to have a stage for the final battle".

It's a huge handwave that doesn't really bother me that much, but it would have been nice to have foreshadowed this better than "we're gonna upgrade UA's defenses".

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Now that the Deku Alone arc is over, I gotta say that pretty much nothing that could have been interesting about the concept came to pass.

An epic rematch against Muscular? Nope, he's a jobber now.
Overhaul? Just a throwaway moment.
Meet up with Stain? No.
Gentle and La Brava? No.
Toga? No.
Consequences from annihilating his arms in the Shiggy fight? No.
Seeing Deku scrape by in the gritty underworld of MHA, like we've seen with characters like Twice and Hawks? No.
Seeing Deku evolve his philosophy towards heroism or hero society? No.
UA character doing anything interesting while Deku is missing? No.

It's pretty depressing. The hypest thing about it was a purely cosmetic change to Deku's costume.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Now that the Deku Alone arc is over, I gotta say that pretty much nothing that could have been interesting about the concept came to pass.

Meet up with Stain? No.
Gentle and La Brava? No.
Toga? No.
Seeing Deku scrape by in the gritty underworld of MHA, like we've seen with characters like Twice and Hawks? No.

It's pretty depressing. The hypest thing about it was a purely cosmetic change to Deku's costume.
I don't know why but your breakdowns always crack me up

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Meet up with Stain? No.
Gentle and La Brava? No.
Toga? No.

If Deku couldn't beat Muscular's weak ass, then that would have been embarrassing.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

Meet up with Stain? No.
Gentle and La Brava? No.
Toga? No.

Damn...can't disagree with anything here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

Meet up with Stain? No.
Gentle and La Brava? No.
Toga? No.

I liked Muscular being a jobber though. That was fun.

The rest... yeah.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Meet up with Stain? No.
Gentle and La Brava? No.
Toga? No.

I'm cool with Muscular being a jobber. Fuck him. If Deku beat his ass before, Muscular definitely doesn't stand a chance after what, 8 months of Deku getting stronger while Muscular sat in a prison cell?

Stain and Toga will definitely show up later as well, so there is that.

Also, you reminded me. Gonna be upset if we never see Gentle and La Brava again. Have Gentle show up and saving people, and end the series with him getting a hero license.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
My take is that this is one of the best arcs
It's like, I honestly and truly enjoyed the arc but when I stop and think about it I do think Hori could've went further before they brought Deku back. Wasn't everyone saying they wanted Deku on his own away from U.A.? There was a lot of real estate to explore there

Of course, I do expect certain plot points like Stain to be followed up on regardless. Now I'm expecting him to help in the final battle

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
man, like 97% of the heroes in this series are pretty decent folks tbh

the civilians suck super hard. the LOV and Stain should focus on those ungrateful bastards and not the heroes

yo shiggy, if a hero was walking by while you were in the alley as a kid, they would have helped you

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about how people, myself included, theorized Deku was gonna make his own little anti-hero team, with people like Gentle and Toga joining.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hori is definitely just looking to close things out, yeah. I think that's pretty clear at this point.

I would put money on the thinking basically being "I want to set up a status quo I'm happier with by trading on MHA's success." Like, we know that the original draft of MHA was very different than what we got; I'd expect him to move more in that direction.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I really hope Hori will do another series his art is too good. But I could totally understand if he's out after having his one big success

Also you already know the track for when the UA barrier starts working and the buildings go down

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
At the very least, we got that little moment of Deku asking Muscular his goal first before destroying him. So... we know he's taking into account that the villains are people too and worth understanding first before putting them away. It's a tiny step towards addressing the issues with quirk society, though I doubt we'd get anywhere interesting, sadly.
Bunkitz DragonSJG

No Way Home trailer leaked

I'm weak, I couldn't resist
Then I am stronger, lmao. First thing I found out about but I can resist. I'll keep ignoring it til the proper trailer is released. Hopefully.

Is it hype though?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Hori will do another series his art is too good. But I could totally understand if he's out after having his one big success

Also you already know the track for when the UA barrier starts working and the buildings go down

I doubt he's out after one series, given that we're seeing all kinds of big names come back recently; SJ is gonna wave a giant pile of money under his nose.

I would expect that it'll be maybe a Jump+ thing, though, given his health issues at various points in MHA. Gives him more creative freedom, too.

Or he'll just go to Marvel and do Spider-Man stuff.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
At the very least, we got that little moment of Deku asking Muscular his goal first before destroying him. So... we know he's taking into account that the villains are people too and worth understanding first before putting them away. It's a tiny step towards addressing the issues with quirk society, though I doubt we'd get anywhere interesting, sadly.

Then I am stronger, lmao. First thing I found out about but I can resist. I'll keep ignoring it til the proper trailer is released. Hopefully.

Is it hype though?
Hype as fuck bro

Not to say anything about Hori specifically, but from personal experience, loving something you create and also being absolutely exhausted by it are by no means mutually exclusive.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Good chapter. First bit with the principal is kinda...I don't know? I guess? Lol

But Ochaco's part is beautiful but I don't think she's done yet, or maybe the civilians won't completely buy it. We will see.

On another good (or bad depending how you see it), 3rd movie is a big success story in Japan:

Translation from AitaiKuji regarding the little art above: The Boku No Hero Academia WORLD HEROES MISSION movie is a hit in theaters in Japan, and starting August 28th, movie-goers will be able to get a special mini illustration board with new art by Horikoshi featuring Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki, and Rody Soul!

https://twitter.com/AitaiKuji/status/1429667838776676359?s=19

Movie numbers translation:

Last edited: