• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Did read eariler in the week that some animators who had never worked on the anime before did cuts for this episode:

Interesting to note some of them are international animators too, wonder if BONES reached out because of the pandemic (similar to Wonder Egg Priority was doing, recruiting oversees talent to get their later episodes done).

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna censor the shit out of this arc and the next season, and that's just pathetic

Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen are making all of the money and have the same audience and haven't been censoring anything, but with MHA it's "OH WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!"
DS and JJK arent the same timeslot as mha
Did read eariler in the week that some animators who had never worked on the anime before did cuts for this episode:

Interesting to note some of them are international animators, wonder if BONES reached out because of the pandemic (similar to Wonder Egg Priority was doing, recruiting oversees talent to get their later episodes done).

probably because between the movie and mva they didnt have enought staff for this episode

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Hey the arc that was supposed to happen eons ago is finally here. Hopefully MVA gets the same treatment the rest of the season does, because Bones has done nothing to make me believe they aren't just trying to shove the villains in the corner and trying to forget they exist.

Yeah they mention it themselves too.

On another Sakuga moment, this caught me off guard lol:

The amount of gore was never going to make it (those higher ups have to be sweating bullets over the upcoming war arc), but I'm more annoyed that the Shigaraki scene at the end was 95% a still frame in the same episode Uraraka gets a completely pointless sakuga moment. Wouldn't be the MHA anime without a contrived butt camera angle for the 1-A girls I guess.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is time to accept the gore will be toned down
even if it was a late night anime I think it would toned down, it is just more accepted to have gore in manga than in anime

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Just waiting for shigaraki vs redestro to be a sakuga fest I have no faith in the rest from bones.

Also they slapped pants on Giga lol that was expected. He was really clowning on them stark ass naked

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Apparently the twitter animation posts were deleted.

Last edited:

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Just waiting for shigaraki vs redestro to be a sakuga fest I have no faith in the rest from bones.

Also they slapped pants on Giga lol that was expected. He was really clowning on them stark ass naked

The implications of Giga wearing pants is hilarious when you imagine that the most malicious villain in the history of this universe draws the line at public nudity.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna censor the shit out of this arc and the next season, and that's just pathetic

Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen are making all of the money and have the same audience and haven't been censoring anything, but with MHA it's "OH WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!"

They gave the one guy some pants in JJK

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Mirko and Aizawa not losing limbs. Shigirakis face not breaking open and Toga not being a bloody mess.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they didn't keep spoiling MVA the more they do it the more it deflates its

Otherwise good episode buuuuut this definitely should have been accompanied by a filler episode depicting some vigilante stuff i doubt that's ever going to be adapted anytime soon

Still good episode
They gave the one guy some pants in JJK
Cowards

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA gore isnt much but it certainly hits harder than things like aot for me

maybe because i am so used to not see gore that when it happens it is worse

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel people are forgetting that Overhaul blowing the top half of Magne off was left in tact. And that was Season 4. Yeah, it's a shame that the Shiggy torture scene was botched, especially since the key animator of that scene showed what it was supposed to actually look like, but I feel it's too soon for doom and gloom about all of MVA and the War arc having all blood removed.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a difference between Magnes instant death and Mirkos long running wound in that fight plus everything that happens to Aizawa.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
So where you do guys think the seasons ending? Shigaraki defeating Redestro? Or 257? ("On that day, heroes vanished from the streets")

The number of episodes left would suggest we're ending on the former, but that OP shot of Aizawa and AM would suggest the latter, and after this last episode I'm thinking it's that.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
So where you do guys think the seasons ending? Shigaraki defeating Redestro? Or 257? ("On that day, heroes vanished from the streets")

The number of episodes left would suggest we're ending on the former, but that OP shot of Aizawa and AM would suggest the latter, and after this last episode I'm thinking it's that.

The right ending is on the heroes vanishing line. That's a great hook for next season.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the episode. In all honesty I really wish they just went into MVA when they were fucking supposed to though. It being a flashback kind of just sucks the momentum out to me. How may eps is this season? 24?

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Won't Giga having pants creates the plothole of Jeanist not doing anything to stop him?

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Won't Giga having pants creates the plothole of Jeanist not doing anything to stop him?

I can't believe they didn't think of this, especially given how big of a role Jeanist plays at a pivotal moment lol.

I bet they will say they are fibers he can't control.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised how many people missed or don't get that Hawks is supposed to have killed Jeanist in the anime. Or that they missed the news saying he was missing when they are trying to put the coat on Bakugo

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018

Placeholder listing for the 3rd movie: October 29, 2021.

Ugh. I don't know if I'm willing to risk covid to see this. Pretty much every other movie this year I don't really care about but this is super limited and probably won't be out on digital/bluray until May next year with how these usually go (Heroes Rising was February -> October if I remember correctly). On the other hand, it's a non canon (let's be real here) anime movie. Not worth the risk. Lol. I guess it'll depend on how far away it is for me. The last two movies were super packed in both theaters though.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
The Aizawa scene made me a bit weepy. His va did a great job.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I guess cool we're finally getting MVA, a 22 chapter arc, for the last 6 or so episodes of the season. At this point I would almost prefer them leaving it for next season.