• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The best trio is Bakugo, Kirishima and Ashido. Don't @ me.

Also... Is Horikoshi a furry? Just curious no judgement.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Like what is the series being compared to in order to say that it's rushed?
Compared to something like One Piece, it's downright hurried, lol. A lot of older shonen would drag out their plot beats to a much greater extent than MHA does.
The best trio is Bakugo, Kirishima and Ashido. Don't @ me.

Also... Is Horikoshi a furry? Just curious no judgement.
His first serialized manga literally had a bunch of animal people and we know for a fact that Mirko is his favorite so... probably.

Oct 25, 2017
The way I view the pacing recently is that either there's some disagreement with where Hori wants to take the series editorial wise, he wants to focus on other things, or he's been inspired by series like JJK and is trying new things in regards to how he paces his story.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Ngl I completely forgot about Shinso
To be honest i don't know why the heroes didn't have Shinsho at the War, literally his ability would be super useful, even if he couldn't control most of the villains the fact that they stop the moment they get brainwashed could have immensely helped

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even disregarding that, doesn't look like we're getting a second or third year. If the series really does end soon it's just a lot left on the table. For example, Shinsou's whole arc seems pointless now
That's fair, though I can also see him finally starting hero training as his a full arc. Started hating those of the heroes course and Deku, and ends with him being a member of the hero course, while also friendly with Deku.

Plus, if the obvious happens and the final arc takes place in UA being attacked, then Shinsou will have a chance to participate.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like what is the series being compared to in order to say that it's rushed?

It's not about other series for me, just that we're still in the first year and nothing else seems on the horizon aside from fighting Shiggy/AfO, who as far as I can tell are endgame enemies

Like it doesn't look like we'll get more major antagonists, just pit stop ones like Lady Nagant

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Also i just noticed that MHA also suffers from the focus on only the relevant parties (like how in Naruto only 3 of at least 10 teams were relevant with Boruto showing that the team numbers can go as high as 40) as it is hard to believe that only 1-A, 1-B and the Big 3 were the only students at the war

Like where were the 2nd and 3rd years? Not even the Big 3 have a designated class

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes on you, the Mother of Quirks will descend from Space and we'll get a Space arc after AfO is defeated.

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we thought we were gonna get a 2-3 year timeskip?

I member.

In all honestly, the pacing in this series for me alternates real hard between this is alright, and "Woah, woah, woah, my neck can't handle that much g-force Hori."

Like the ending of the war arc was absolutely rushed.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The series ends with them fighting the original quirk users the aliens that created the quirk virus who are controlled by the quirk god

Also AFO was actually secretly preparing to be strong enough to fight the quirk god and its why he wants ofa back
He's actually good guy

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind Bakugo and Todoroki sequel/spinoff where they compete worldwide for the number 1 spot.

Assuming Deku is retired. Would also keep the power levels more grounded.*

"Untill Bakugo and Todoroki pull a Koichi.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Bakugo and Todoroki sequel/spinoff where they compete worldwide for the number 1 spot.

Assuming Deku is retired. Would also keep the power levels more grounded.*

"Untill Bakugo and Todoroki pull a Koichi.
Todoroki can create a mini island and potentially reach Endevour levels of making a mini sun

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I hope we can squeeze in a timeskip enough of first year
And I don't blame Hori for rushing, weekly schedules suck

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Would be pretty disappointing if all that's left is to confront Shiggy and/or All For One, but at the same time, I can't imagine where else the series could go. Hopefully there'll still be some other things though.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I would say overseas, but I guess that's the point of the movies.
Even if they did that, it would feel like such a weird detour given the state of things. Especially given how they need to defend the (shitty) civilians right now, so it's not as if they can just up and go.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they did that, it would feel like such a weird detour given the state of things. Especially given how they need to defend the (shitty) civilians right now, so it's not as if they can just up and go.
Thought you meant after defeating AFO/Shiggy.

Before that, yeah, I don't see how we don't jump straight into a final fight at UA. Maybe we see what some other people, like Toga, are up to before?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Manifesting Volume 32

Getting ready for MVA

13 supremacy

Ochaco rising

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Thought you meant after defeating AFO/Shiggy.

Before that, yeah, I don't see how we don't jump straight into a final fight at UA. Maybe we see what some other people, like Toga, are up to before?
Yup, which is a bummer cause I definitely wanna see more stuff happen before that.

EDIT: Wait a minute... Where was Aoyama in all of this? He didn't have any moment at all, didn't he? 🤔

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Surprised considering that there are already One Piece spoilers, wonder how that works

I swear every time there's a break One Piece always leaks in advance, whereas with JJK and MHA it varies (sometimes we get them, sometimes we don't) i don't think the issues get delivered in advance when there's a break, so some people must be seriously willing to obtain the OP leaks if that's the case.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all ever consider that Toga might still be Uraraka or Bakugo?