• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The only hope for the War arc is that it will be the first half of the season? Season 5 was promising because they were doing a good job with Class A vs. B, but then the rest happened lol

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think CC COO comment is really relevant to what happened here. It's honestly just movie marketing.

Sucks but that's money for you.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
War arc will be fine. It features Class 1A and Endeavor/Hawks after all.

Miruko's fight will be reduced to a slideshow though. :D

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a combination of movie and cashing in on 1a popularity because even with that it wouldn't explain why Todoroki family didn't get more focused in the op versus characters that are not in the arc

Also last op barely showed 1b even though they're focus of the 1st cour i know class b isn't great but that's weird

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they somehow manage to pull MVA off well *huge doubt*, the way they restructured the arc will always make it a sour spot for me.

This movie better be the greatest thing Bones has ever produced. And they made Sword of the Stranger, so huge doubts there.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I know they've been popular and made tons of money, but have any of the MHA movies been good? I usually skip these kinds of non-canon films as they tend to just be okay but nothing special either. I usually make an exception for One Piece tho :P

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they somehow manage to pull MVA off well *huge doubt*, the way they restructured the arc will always make it a sour spot for me.

This movie better be the greatest thing Bones has ever produced. And they made Sword of the Stranger, so huge doubts there.
Bones has made several classics lol that's a high bar

it at most will be the level of the good one piece movies (only seen the ones Oda was heavily involved with so New world(Shiki movie) and afterwards, really liked Gold and Z)
It'll have some good sakuga, team battle and a well animated climax but i doubt it'll be anything special it's a filler movie

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

I mean it will be a success like the previous movies and keep Bones thriving for years to come but as a manga reader, I just only view them as "silly fun".

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The last MHA movie was very well animated and I enjoy watching them. Just not at the expense of the actual TV show lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I know they've been popular and made tons of money, but have any of the MHA movies been good? I usually skip these kinds of non-canon films as they tend to just be okay but nothing special either. I usually make an exception for One Piece tho :P
They're decent entertainment with a sakuga filled climax that you see where the anime budget went

The Oda one piece movies are probably better besides Rampage i didn't like Rampage mostly talking about Z and Gold

They're not worth the animation trouble but they're fun

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My jaw dropped seeing the preview for the next episode what the fuck

JUST DO MVA

WHY ARE DOING THE LEAD IN FOR THE WAR WITHOUT SHOWING WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE FIGHTING

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

When does My Villain Academia begin?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So sounds like they are completely botching or ignoring MVA. Meanwhile I'll never be able to get friends and family to actually read the source material.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
For fuck's sake. Of course we're getting a Shirokumo episode, ANYTHING to put off the villains longer

It's just wild to me that Bones or whoever is allowed to go "fuck this part of your story, Horikoshi, we don't like it" Just adapt the damn story like it's supposed to be.

I've never seen this happen with any other adaptations. Feels like it's basically unheard of until now.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's just insanity that the one thing that should have defined this season is done dirty here like lmao. EA caught strays too with all this mystery nonsense

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
All you can do is laugh at this point. Such a weird butchering of the source material. If I'm Hori, I'm pissed off. Dude should complain to the anime studio like the Black Clover author did.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For fuck's sake. Of course we're getting a Shirokumo episode, ANYTHING to put off the villains longer

It's just wild to me that Bones or whoever is allowed to go "fuck this part of your story, Horikoshi, we don't like it" Just adapt the damn story like it's supposed to be.

I've never seen this happen with any other adaptations. Feels like it's basically unheard of until now.
Promised Neverland S2 basically went "fuck everything about this series outside of its first arc". Yeah, this is shitty, but it could always be worse. At least MVA will get adapted.

*pour one out for Goldy Pond arc fans*

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even say this is a bad/shoddy adaptation (of the current season content) because God of High School and Promise Nederland exist. This just feels bad.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Promised Neverland season 2

I'm sad as I hyped this up to anime only fans while reading it. Now they are like... Really? This?... I'm like... You don't understand, we should be in amazing content right now. Pls understand

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Promised Neverland S2 basically went "fuck everything about this series outside of its first arc". Yeah, this is shitty, but it could always be worse. At least MVA will get adapted.

*pour one out for Goldy Pond arc fans*
Promised Neverland season 2
Oh yeah, that was weird

In a way, I feel like this is weirder (but obviously better, still) since it's not like they're just cramming in an anime original ending. They're sticking to the source material but just rearranging it because "fuck this one arc in particular"

Last edited:

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why they didn't do MVA, release the movie alongside it and you can promote the big 3 via the movie and not affect the series.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Neverland S2 is quite literally the worst adaptation ever lol. Just focus on comparing MHA to it's betters like Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
If they wanted to promote the movie by doing the EA arc first, they could have rearranged it still, cut the two filler episodes, do more chapters during the weird episode they only covered a single chapter, etc. They would've still had plenty of time for EA and then completely cover MVA. But no....

Such horrible production planning.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I almost can't believe they're doing it like this. Are they so confident in their read on the market that they think that focusing on the villains is such a mistake that this is better, even though it means butchering the source material?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like it's not that rare in manga adaptations
Hello Promised Neverland
Oh Tokyo Ghoul nice for you to join
Also Blue Excorcist

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's just insanity that the one thing that should have defined this season is done dirty here like lmao. EA caught strays too with all this mystery nonsense
Yeah it's one thing for MVA but EA as whole also suffered for it, last episode is good but the arc lost some stuff in the rearrangement

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I feel like it's not that rare in manga adaptations
Hello Promised Neverland
Oh Tokyo Ghoul nice for you to join
Also Blue Excorcist

tenor.gif

Ugh don't remind me, 1st 2/3rds of that season were great, and then they go and fuck it up with that shit awful ending, it sucks cos it killed all the interest in the series, hell even the movie we got was great.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

No! I knew this season would be pretty whatever because of the source material, but I wasn't it expecting to be mediocre because of the actual structuring...

No filler movie is worth this nonsense lol

Like behind the scenes, you'd think the staff had to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally adapt this damn arc lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've seen stories go for alternate endings, but never just like... wholesale restructure the story while keeping the material, maybe even cut a whole-ass canon arc. It's so weird.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've seen stories go for alternate endings, but never just like... wholesale restructure the story while keeping the material, maybe even cut a whole-ass canon arc. It's so weird.

I think the closest recent example is AoT S3, but that did it a lot better, though that might've been more of a pacing thing

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the closest recent example is AoT S3, but that did it a lot better, though that might've been more of a pacing thing
AoT S3 took an arc that dragged like all hell, but cut content and condensed stuff to actually make the arc pretty decent. 7 months of meandering manga chapters were condensed into one episode and the series is better for it.

This did the opposite. Joint Training takes up half a freaking season. Freaking what?