• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least season 6 should hopefully be a return to form. If the anime team fucks it up, it's all on them, as the material they'll be covering is the best the series has been in a long time.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why do I get the feeling this episode could've ended where next weeks is supposed to end? Or am I just being unrealistic and I'm stuck on binge manga pace?
today's episode had a lot of talk so I doubt it would be possible
next episode will adapt 3 chapters and will cover the whole fight.
They could adapt all in one episode but they probably would need to cut some parts

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

It sucks how much Bones fucked up, this was the season that manga readers hyped up the most

Why do I get the feeling this episode could've ended where next weeks is supposed to end? Or am I just being unrealistic and I'm stuck on binge manga pace?
They could have easily combined this week's episode with next, this week's episode was just one chapter padded out with flashbacks
Twice isn't that funny tbh

I always viewed him as a poor man's Deadpool
Which is why he's so great
Well, at least season 6 should hopefully be a return to form. If the anime team fucks it up, it's all on them, as the material they'll be covering is the best the series has been in a long time.
Wouldn't be so sure that, these movies seem to find new ways to fuck over every new season

Oct 25, 2017
today's episode had a lot of talk so I doubt it would be possible
next episode will adapt 3 chapters and will cover the whole fight.
They could adapt all in one episode but they probably would need to cut some parts
But it had like 8 minutes of flashbacks so I'm curious. Just would depend on what gets cut I guess, I guess I just binged too much and just know what this leads into, but man...the anime just feels slow at times.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Nah

They'll be too busy getting Movie 4 ready to give a shit about the quality of the war arc

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
people in here acting like season 1 wasn't a fucking chore with multiple repeated flashbacks, like, the first Deku vs Kacchan was straight up awful to get through

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any actual proof that anime onlys are actually dropping mha? Or it is just people exaggerating?
Most of time i see people complaining are manga readers

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It helps that it was a shorter season and the 1st so you didn't have to compare it to other seasons
like it's still a good season, and a strong intro to the series, i wouldn't have stuck around otherwise, but i've never considered the pacing to be particularly strong in the anime except for season 2. This episode was just an extreme case, and even more with MVA looming in the horizon

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
people in here acting like season 1 wasn't a fucking chore with multiple repeated flashbacks, like, the first Deku vs Kacchan was straight up awful to get through
Yeah season 1 is actually one of the weaker seasons for me so I really get why some have it ranked so highly, it's well animated but it adapt the weaker material of the series at a slow pace
This season is still better than season 4 by a large amount, and better than season 3 second half

he was already proved wrong when 2020 didnt have a movie
this twitter screams tales of my ass
pepe.jpg

Hate using pepe but at this moment, it's warranted

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Yonkou has 100% been wrong or talking out of his ass about things, and 10 movies sounds insane to me.

I could see like maybe 1 or 2 more movies, but 10?

No way.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the year where COVID fucked the entire industry
No i mean the movie would always have at least have the same time between them as the seasons, meaning there would be at most 2 movies per 3 years. It would never make sense to make more movies than seasons.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yonkou has 100% been wrong or talking out of his ass about things, and 10 movies sounds insane to me.

No way.
This is what i am talking about, he always does those ambiguous tweets that when proved wrong he can just say plans changed.
Like in this case it is easy to say it is because of covid. But if you blaming covid you should also give props to bones to make a new season in the same interval

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also see 10 movies as pure insane, because I don't see the series lasting 10 seasons.

I do see a movie to go along with every season though, sadly. We Naruto Shippudden now baby.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I also see 10 movies as pure insane, because I don't see the series lasting 10 seasons.

I do see a movie to go along with every season though, sadly. We Naruto Shippudden now baby.
same here, and I doubt we will see a new season every year, they tried it at first but after season 3 the interval between seasons increased

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

No way.
He saw that movies now have there own staff and committee so he safely assumed a movie per season

Even when this manga ends Bones is most likely going to continue to milk it with new seasons and movies, My Hero Academia GX

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As long Horikoshi is free to do whatever he wants after, please be a slice of life drama, I dont care what Bones does after MHA is done

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I think he should follow his passion and draw a fantasy series since his previous manga with fantasy elements got canned out of the gate and the guy did say ff9 was his favorite game, he can also do a manga with horror elements since does also enjoy to draw monsters and edgy stuff

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As long Horikoshi is free to do whatever he wants after, please be a slice of life drama, I dont care what Bones does after MHA is done
I think he should follow his passion and draw a fantasy series since his previous manga with fantasy elements got canned out of the gate and the guy did say ff9 was his favorite game, he can also do a manga with horror elements since does also enjoy to draw monsters and edgy stuff
That man is gonna go write a Spider-Man or Venom limited series for Marvel and it's gonna sell like hotcakes.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
10 yearly movies sounds ridiculous, the only series that do that are Doraemon and Detective Conan which are not action focused like MHA, One Piece used to do that until stopping after 2010

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

It sucks how much Bones fucked up, this was the season that manga readers hyped up the most

They could have easily combined this week's episode with next, this week's episode was just one chapter padded out with flashbacks

Which is why he's so great

Wouldn't be so sure that, these movies seem to find new ways to fuck over every new season

I disagree with the tweets take, if Bones knocks the MVA adaptation out of the park and social media/youtube blows up with people freaking out anyone who "dropped" will get pulled back in and binge.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I disagree with the tweets take, if Bones knocks the MVA adaptation out of the park and social media/youtube blows up with people freaking out anyone who "dropped" will get pulled back in and binge.
You're still left with 70% of the season being mid at best and 30% isn't a passing grade so this season still gets a F from me

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we've had a movie every season for the last 3 seasons. The precedent is there. Movie 1 did release during season 3 right?
I mean that I agree that we will have a movie for every season, but that we will not see a new season every year therefore there wont be a movie every year

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So, uhh, what happened with the episode? Why's it seem like doom and gloom today?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
like it's still a good season, and a strong intro to the series, i wouldn't have stuck around otherwise, but i've never considered the pacing to be particularly strong in the anime except for season 2. This episode was just an extreme case, and even more with MVA looming in the horizon

Yeah S2 is what hooked everyone, which is why the 1st half of S3 was so big, because it had attained such a huge audience by then.
How the fuck... That's surprising. Seeing some screens I have an idea which part they covered and I don't recall it being particularly long. Seems bizarre then.

they padded the 1st half hard with flashbacks and clunky filler.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I started reading Vigilantes... I got up to Stendhal...

WealthyThreadbareIberiannase-size_restricted.gif

I know that tongue and his way of viewing things...

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While not necessarily dropping the show, I have no plans to watch anymore until the season is over. The pacing of the show is awful for weekly viewing at this point — the plot feels like it's at a stand still and the few events happening which do move the plot forward are not interesting.

It's been two episodes already, and it seems nothing significant was missed in these two episodes.
First thing, when I asked for proof I asked for real proof not anedoctes, it is easy to use anedoctes to say things that is why I am asking for proof in the first place
Second thing last episode there is significant things happening, you would know if you actually bothered to watch.
People are complaining about the first half, but the second half definitely moved the plot

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
First thing, when I asked for proof I asked for real proof not anedoctes, it is easy to use anedoctes to say things that is why I am asking for proof in the first place
Second thing last episode there is significant things happening, you would know if you actually bothered to watch.
People are complaining about the first half, but the second half definitely moved the plot
Asking for "proof" is pointless since the only thing one can use is in the reactions all over the internet, but its clear that people are getting tired of the show being like this

We could also ask for proof that people are still watching, but you also will only have anecdotes

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Asking for "proof" is pointless since the only thing one can use is in the reactions all over the internet, but its clear that people are getting tired of the show being like this

We could also ask for proof that people are still watching, but you also will only have anecdotes
we have things like tv ratings and ranking, so no we have more than just reactions
last I saw MHA was one of the most watched shows in the US, if it drops then we have proof