• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter opens up with Deku wanting to disavow the whole hero fantasy thing that Tsuyu is trying to make an appeal for. I feel like at this point that would be the last thing on Deku's mind. Considering All Might (and possibly Stain) is en route to the location it feels like a good opportunity to have Deku hit his nadir here in regards to that.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter opens up with Deku wanting to disavow the whole hero fantasy thing that Tsuyu is trying to make an appeal for. I feel like at this point that would be the last thing on Deku's mind. Considering All Might (and possibly Stain) is en route to the location it feels like a good opportunity to have Deku hit his nadir here in regards to that.

I get what she meant but really don't like her line or the others like Koda's "Principal said you can return to UA, bro!"

Deku is a parallel to Shiggy here: some people don't want to be saved. I know their hearts in the right place, just don't like their aggressive approach.

I feel like Deku would either learn a lesson here by refusing their help or getting Lady Nagant PTSD and runs away even further. But, the writing is super ass cheesy in 320 so my faith is very low with how fast things are going.

Oct 25, 2017
Endeavor...I know you a hero and all, but you should've just fucking torched this doctor after Aizawa turned his quirk off. Wasn't even the fucking real one, it was a Doom bot lol. One of these Nomu's has the head of Kid Buu. Ok...so I'm assuming Mirko has to "world of cardboard" hold back in order to not just straight up kick people in half or decapitate them? Because she just bodied two Nomu's...easily. Bones is going to have to animate complete fucking chaos. The symbolism of that hand placement as he's walking towards AFO, nice touch. Of course Shigaraki pops out of all of that destruction with a fucking Tetsuo cape:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

If hagakure doesnt appear in the next chapter the chances she is the traitor goes thro the rough
Yeah a scene where Hagakure body shape is exposed because of the rain and you either Mineta freaking out because of it or her being useless against Deku seems like such a low hanging fruit that if Horikoshi doesn't do anything with her, I'd say she would be all but confirmed as the traitor

Oct 25, 2017
Toga to Ochaco:
"What do you want to do to me?"
tenor.gif

Dabi just hit Endeavor with that:
200.gif

All that shit and Shigaraki's still floating around, this is fucking exhausting.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Aizawa noooo!!!
200.gif

So Dabi having fire, but having what I would guess is ice resistance is interesting. Explains how he cooked himself and explains why Todoroki just couldn't freeze him. Also adhere's to my "genetics is a fucking mess" thought process. Deku is legit in the Avatar state dimension. But All Might isn't quirkless, his quirk is dodging death flags. YO!! WHY THE FUCK DOES BEST JEANIST HAVE A TWO FOOT NECK?!!! Deku leaves and incomes bootleg Deku.

Last edited:

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Speaking of the doctor, I find it weird how Hori never confirmed if he is the grandfather of Tsubasa (fat kid that played with Deku and Bakugo as kids that Hori implied that was the Winged Nomu)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even if she never reappears in the manga I am sure horikoshi will make art of her on twitter

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Are y'all forgetting we already saw Mirko in that montage page showing all the heroes who were still ready to continue the fight? She's gonna show up and she's gonna keep doing her thing, same way Aizawa is. Just with an eye patch for him, and god knows what for her and her missing arm.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
That was a short chapter of Vigilante, not much really, there really isn't much left for the series so I'm just waiting for it to end and hopefully announce a anime

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I only read a few chapters before, but how did he even go from sliding when he has 3 limbs on a surface to that?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Koichi's powers are pretty ridiculous. I don't think any character in the series (be it main or spin-offs) have a power nearly as versatile barring multiple quirks.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tsuyu's quirk is like 5 quirks duct taped together because frog (super jump, camouflage, acid mucus, improved agility in water and ground, long tongue)

not that i complain about it because i like her

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but those are all normal things a frog can do. Koichi's powers have evolved in such a way that you really need to stretch to say it's the same quirk as how it started out as lol

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
well if you think about it she is the closest to having spiderman powerset in the series without relying on multyple quirks

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
His power was to slide on objects how did that go from that to force fields
His power was always projecting force away from himself. He just spent most of his life using it poorly because his mother drilled it into him only to use it "safely", so he was unconsciously holding himself back all that time.

Last edited:

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
His power was always projecting force away from himself. He just spent most of his life using it poorly because his mother drilled it into him only to use it "safely", so he was unconsciously holding himself back all that time.
I haven't read Vigilantes, so I had no idea about this. That is an incredible quirk. It doesn't take much finagling to get Accelerator's (A Certain Magical Index) powerset out of that, depending on how flexible the writer is willing to be with that definition.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind it. Just say his power was actually force field manipulation, but due to never going to hero school, he never actually figured it out until now. Kinda how like Mirio's quirk was seen as kinda shitty, until he got proper training, and it turned out to be broken as all hell.

Like, when you're a kid, how do doctors figure out what your quirk actually is? That and it's been stated in the series that the government will update their records on your quirk when new usage comes to light (it's how they changed Deku from quirkless to "super strength").

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a lot of precedent for people's quirks being better than they thought they were. Koichi's not so unusual, he's just grown a lot.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I ain't gonna lie to ya'll if I had to sacrifice MVA being a three-episode slideshow for a third season of Mob in the same quality of the first two I would.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mob isnt even the same subestudio, it doesnt even make sense
honestly all of this mva anime talk is getting tiresome, the change has already been done, i dunno why people need to complain everyday about it. Just wait until it happens and then complain if it is indeed adapted badly.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Hey here's a question for you comic fans. Does Superman's physical fitness affect his powers at all? I've always wondered this.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hey here's a question for you comic fans. Does Superman's physical fitness affect his powers at all? I've always wondered this.
Not really. Supes is powered by that yellow sun radiation stuff, as long as he's got that he's gravy. Flashpoint Superman was locked underground surrounded by red sun lamps for years, came out looking like Small Might, and as soon as he hit the sun he got the full power suite.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Not really. Supes is powered by that yellow sun radiation stuff, as long as he's got that he's gravy. Flashpoint Superman was locked underground surrounded by red sun lamps for years, came out looking like Small Might, and as soon as he hit the sun he got the full power suite.
hmm. One thing I like about MHA is that character's powers are tied to their physical fitness and "fitness" of their quirk. It makes the system feel a lot more flexible and grounded.