• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It will be over by the time of the live event. Likely more of a post mortem kinda thing and a "what will the villains do next find out in season 6!".

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It just kills me that the defense was that they were doing this to build up the mystery when they clearly don't care lmao

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I will say this: I was fine with the re-arrangements but why spoil the outcome? Redestro's intro is also lame.

Bones elevated JT arc, the arrangement thingy was all fine till this episode.

I honestly don't understand anymore.

The final product will probably be fine but it could have been something more than that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I will say this: I was fine with the re-arrangements but why spoil the outcome? Redestro's intro is also lame.

Bones elevated JT arc, the arrangement thingy was all fine till this episode.

I honestly don't understand anymore.

The final product will probably be fine but it could have been something more than that.
Maybe it's like... they thought it would be too much for the younger audience if they didn't know the outcome...?

Honestly I don't fuckin' know.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's like... they thought it would be too much for the younger audience if they didn't know the outcome...?

Honestly I don't fuckin' know.

The only explanation is the goddamn movie. :(

Showing Toga or talking about Shiggy's destruction was OK.

But showing both sides at the table was too much IMO. Oh well...

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
One key thing is that anime only folks (on reddit at least) are happy with this season compared to season 4 + are pretty excited at the whole liberation army.

Examples:

Well I'll be damned if this episode didn't make me hyped as hell for what is to come with this series. What a hell of an episode even if it was just a preview. These 3 are going to get exponentially stronger here! And I can't wait to see what happens next!

Gotta say this is one of the best episodes of the entire series for me. The art, the music, the direction. I don't know how much of it was the Manga itself, which I read only to catch up to the anime, or because they had an extra week of time and next week is clearly filler (Selkie!!!! I've missed you!) but just, goddamn folks, this is really great. The amount of suspense and tension the show wrung out of the first half of the episode just with slapped so hard.

That's why I said that in the end, it will be fine. I just wish we manga readers at least get more context on why they switched things up instead of endless assumptions.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
yeah, the story is gonna be strong either way, because the source material is strong during these arcs, but some of the suspense in the MVA arc will be minimized. Not a dealbreaker, just fucking weird.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

yeah, the story is gonna be strong either way, because the source material is strong during these arcs, but some of the suspense in the MVA arc will be minimized. Not a dealbreaker, just fucking weird.

Agreed. Just unnecessary.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Next season will be this current manga arc with the characters alluding to some big fight we won't see till the end of season 6/s

But what if

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Next season will be this current manga arc with the characters alluding to some big fight we won't see till the end of season 6/s

But what if

Next season can actually do the whole switch up thingy and start with this:

Screenshot-20210710-163201-Shonen-Jump.jpg

A transcendent one is coming - chapter 272.

Then we go back to Class 1A showing their new skills and teamwork.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Who even asked for a sequel to the Froppy filler episode

But what if
Next season will start with Vigilante Deku hunting down escaped convicts while on the news people talking about Dabi being Endeavour's son, then we flashback to the war arc Next episode
They cut Twice and Hawks scenes?? Oh no.
A tragic cut considering one of S6 most emotional moment involves those 2

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The worst part of this filler episode is it could have been used for Aizawa's backstory instead

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That would have been a better use of time
Aizawa isn't popular enough i guess
He constantly ranks in the top 10 favorite characters, so that ain't it. Hell he ranks higher than any of the girls in the next episode, bar the first ever popularity poll, where he was lower than Uraraka.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
This is how they introduce Re-Destro in the anime... they're already doing my stressed out son dirty.

And spoiling that the League and MLA are working together pretty much kills any and all tension that MVA coulda had. Thanks Bones!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Someone at Bones is reading my posts and making sure I specifically get screwed guys there's just no other explanation. First Gentle now MVA lmao. This doesn't bode well for Twice's death next season because I love that scene

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I finally read the chapter but i can't take Sugar guy, Invisible girl and the one who talk with animals be all about saving Deku seriously as they literally never had any meaningful interaction with him and in some cases no interactions at all

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
They gave it the lowest budget possible and took out a ton of dynamism out of the fight. I still think it's one Hori's best fights from a paneling/blow by blow point and it's one of the most dull fights in the anime.
I like the fight still but fair
I don't think the lowest budget possible even by MHA standards which is already higher than most anime besides AAA limited animes