• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I will give her props, I would have bounced out of there instantly. Mt Lady too, while exhibiting traits that people like Stain would look down upon, really put herself out there as a hero in this chapter.

And pouty Toga was adorable. She just wanted to kill more heroes! Hopefully she snatched some of Twice's blood before extracting

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So the plan seems to have always been for the liberation army as a whole to follow behind Giga. I do wonder why Skeptic was chosen to go along with them though, Shigaraki must have wanted him to his side quickly but I can't for the life of me tell why.

Also I ask again, did Hori forget Trumpet lmao
Dabi is the one who grabbed Skeptic for some reason

Oct 25, 2017
Kaminari got some great lines and faces this chapter. Kirishima too.

Didnt realize everyone grouped up so fast, must have missed it.

Assault on Midnight, sad. Hope she comes back in future chapters.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe planning on using skeptic to film his reveal to Endeavor? Then release to the public? (Or something along those lines).

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Yaomomo has a history of jobbing when it counts, even when it's usually softened up with a sentiment of "wow she sure showed a lot of potential/did something that helped".

A consolation prize ain't gonna cut it this time and I fear she might develop lifetime PTSD if she screws up now. If only for that reason alone, I legitimately think they might incapacitate Giga here.

Yeah, if Momo fails here again it's going to be a KO to her already faltering self-esteem, especially if Midnight actually died. Even though it really shouldn't be because, y'know, Gigantomachia is a walking nuke and they're a bunch of sixteen-year olds in their first year of high school. Unfortunately for her, I don't see this plan working for a couple of reasons.

What a fuckin' chapter, goddamn. I don't think they're going to kill Midnight here, but they sold me on the possibility, which IMO is all you really need. Mt. Lady put in a strong showing, and so did Cementoss.

MOMO TAKE MY ENERGY. I think she's going to do it, y'all. The rest of the League will make their way onward, or at least Dabi will, but I think they knock out Giga here. Or at least slow him down enough that the League separates from him. TBH Mudman can probably screw him up solo, when you get that big you need stable footing pretty badly. But I'm super hyped to see Momo finally bring it home - and she will. I got FAITH.

(But even if she doesn't, it's not like losing to Gigantomachia is jobbing, c'mon y'all).

(Still a very cool name).

Based on the final few pages here it seems like Juzo's Softening is going to be key to their plan here. Take Gigantomachia's feet from under him and trap him by effectively putting him in quicksand and then swarm him considering Momo is presumably handing containers of anaesthesia to anyone with a pulse.

On paper a good plan. However, what they don't know and the audience does is, as seen in 220 when he first fully appears and in 223 when he's fighting the league, Gigantomachia can burrow underground like a mole. A gigantic 82 foot tall mole who can zoom around underground at frankly ridiculous speeds. Giga is going to shrug Juzo's trap right off.

And that's assuming that Giga doesn't have additional quirks hiding within that haven't been displayed yet that would be perfect counters to whatever else 1-A & 1-B will throw at them considering that we have yet to be clued into what Giga's quirks actually are and how many he actually has.

Additionally, and this is a bit meta, but it was revealed this chapter that Dabi is specifically the one that grabbed Skeptic, meaning that he wasn't intended to come along for the ride. Gigantomachia appears to have been under orders to only grab the original league which is further reinforced by the fact he didn't grab Trumpet in the meeting hall when he could've, only grabbing Spinner. In 271 after Hawks and Tokoyami escape with the knowledge of Touya Todoroki's Dabi's real name, he says "Should we get started early?". I think him nabbing Skeptic confirms that he has a plan of his own he's putting into action. Therefore, he has to make it to Jaku and Endeavor for purposes of the plot and the only way Dabi is covering that distance in a timely fashion is on Gigantomachia's back. Ergo, the kids must fail. Meta but it is what it is.

Good to see Redestro back in action, I'm guessing Horikoshi is saving Trumpet for later which is not a good sign for the Heroes, I'm kind of 50/50 on whether Midnight is ok or not since that did sound like goodbye speech

I don't see Momo's plan working which sucks because she hasn't had a legit win in like ever but also here's the thing, we now have the majority of Class A and B working on a plan where if the slightest thing goes wrong it would lead to the Villains victory, all the traitor suspects(except Ochako) are in that group so if none of them do anything out of the ordinary then I'll be 100% on the traitor being Ochako because it's now or never

And as an aside, and I sound like a broken record with how many times I've said "Maybe this'll be the time we delve into the traitor stuff!", if Momo's plan is actually working then sabotaging it and clearing the way for Giga would be a hell of a way to reveal themselves.

It's not going to happen, it never does.

But if it does it's going to be Hagakure and it's going to fall flat because we know nothing about her.

:^)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will give her props, I would have bounced out of there instantly. Mt Lady too, while exhibiting traits that people like Stain would look down upon, really put herself out there as a hero in this chapter.

And pouty Toga was adorable. She just wanted to kill more heroes! Hopefully she snatched some of Twice's blood before extracting
Between both Mt. Lady and Crust I feel like this entire arc has already served as an indictment against Stain's ideology.

Not that it really matters given that Shiggy was obvious about it not mattering and simply being a means to an end, but it makes a character like Dabi look like a schmuck talking up how heroes don't exist when at the same time as he's delivering a monologue to Hawks, someone like Crust will literally give up his life under the belief that other people's lives are more valuable.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Momo: I have a plan

j037u6beyjh21.png

Ed-TWLoj-Wo-AEEDkr.jpg

"Faith? In Momo?"

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Props to Mt. Lady and Kamui. She had an amazing line there lol.

Everyone give Momo your energy
tenor.gif

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Jesus he look like an asshole

That's largely because he is one. But like, damn, way to hammer it home. That fucking expression.

And I think they'll stop or at least delay Giga enough that Dabi, Skeptic, and some of the others move on without him.
Nah, haven't you read? He's a misunderstood victim with a hidden heart of gold who actually sent his mom the flowers

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Jesus he look like an asshole

That's largely because he is one. But like, damn, way to hammer it home. That fucking expression.

And I think they'll stop or at least delay Giga enough that Dabi, Skeptic, and some of the others move on without him.

How would they get to Jaku in time without Giga? They're 80KM away from the hospital.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Nov 15, 2018
If the traitor is 1 of the students here, now is honestly the best time for them to do something and screw this plan over.

If the traitor is a teacher, we can remove Midnight and Cementos from that list.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
if Ochako, Iida, Tsuyu and Todoroki become involved in the Shiggy fight, we'll have class 1-A fully covered this arc. That would be cool.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Mt. Lady did less than I thought.

Tbh I'm more interested in the Shiggy fight. At any rate, hope Momo finally redeems herself.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Dabi grabbed Skeptic right, which means the MLA was gonna get ditched?
It's pretty clear from what the troops are saying that the plan was to follow behind giga after shigaraki woke up the whole time. You gotta let this theory go, shigaraki isn't gonna ditch a literal army that's on his side even if you believe he doesn't personally care about them.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It's pretty clear from what the troops are saying that the plan was to follow behind giga after shigaraki woke up the whole time. You gotta let this theory go, shigaraki isn't gonna ditch a literal army that's on his side even if you believe he doesn't personally care about them.
I know but why only pick the OG League on his back

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm thinking Momo and the others incapacitate Giga, at which point Dabi + Skeptic and mayyyybe Toga go on ahead to back up Shiggy. I could see Compress and Spinner sticking around to help out against the 1-A students along with any other pros that are still around like Kamui and Edgeshot

Fight could go in a lot of directions

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This two week wait is gonna kill me. I'm still unhappy about Momo's team losing during the joint training arc, but at least we're about to get the payoff to that now. I'm so proud of Momo, she's come so far from Yaoyorozu: Rising. The jury's still out on whether it'll be a worthwhile payoff, of course, so hopefully her plan will actually live up to the hype and be a good use of 1-A and 1-B's abilities. Nonetheless, it's impressive that she's able to compose herself during such a high pressure situation. Especially so that she seemed to almost tell her classmates that they were free to flea. This really will be her time to shine given all the variables she'd have to take into account and the strategies she'd have to consider, so go flex those thinking skills, Yaomomo!

Even if I wasn't a massive fan of Momo, it's a very interesting situation we're at now. Who would've thought the 1-A and 1-B student would have to face Gigantomachia? In such short notice too. It's not just Momo I'm proud of, but everyone else. Heck, look at Mineta, he's not trembling like I'd expect. Mudman will probably be the most important part of Momo's plan considering he'll be integral to slowing down the massive mountain. The question is how effective it'll be... There's also the League to worry about, which Midnight wasn't able to tell Momo about. I feel like if they somehow succeed in knocking out Gigantomachia, the League (or at least some of them) will still make it to Shigaraki. Possibly Dabi since he's got something else up his sleeves. He could sneak his way out of the forest to meet up with Shigaraki and his old man. Possibly Shoto too.

Seriously hope Mina and/or Kirishima recognizes Gigantomachia. Maybe Mina will recognize his voice? Would be great.

Mt. Lady getting tossed aside like that isn't unexpected, I suppose, considering the huge power gap between her and Machia. Still, seeing her persevere this whole time is awesome. I don't think there's much she can really do, but I love that she's not giving up at all. Even Kamui Woods isn't and the dude just got burnt! Kamui Woods shouting her name though, heh. *puts shipping goggles on, CSI style*

Re-Destro vs. Edgeshot seems like an interesting fight. That's by the mansion, so there should be a lot of heroes there too. I'm curious to see how that part will play out, though I can definitely wait. It's the least interesting thing currently happening.

Oct 25, 2017
Wish haikyuu!! got the translated novel love heroaca got.

Anyway, am excited for another school briefs novel, always love seeing the characters actlike normal high schoolers/teenagers.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Think we'll get the Toya reveal this year?
Depends on when this entire battle wraps up because I don't think the Toya reveal is happening here.

It's worth remembering that Dabi still tries to keep his identity a secret, even for the League, and that the only reason he revealed it to Hawks was because he was about to be roasted to death. The fact that we weren't privy of whatever Dabi told him suggests to me that right now that knowledge is for Hawks' ears only and it's up to him to decide how to use that info. It's not like revealing his identity will do him any good, given how Dabi has had encounters with both Endeavor and Shoto in the past, and in neither situation did he reveal himself.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The last 2 chapters have been really good, happy that we are seing the rest of the 1A kids have some action too
Also Mt Lady and Woods are totally a couple and nobody can change my mind

Oct 25, 2017
The last 2 chapters have been really good, happy that we are seing the rest of the 1A kids have some action too
Also Mt Lady and Woods are totally a couple and nobody can change my mind
Giving the secondary pro heroes serious action scenes has been a great literary decision. Horikoshi is doing great keeping this arc from feeling like a slog like some other writers have unfortunately done when handling similar content.

Incredibly excited to see read in the final volume from.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Bakugo's sprite looks derpy, but nice to see more MHA reps in death battle. This is the quicker one where the fans vote, so I shouldn't even have to say who won lol

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Bunkitz

Have you seen this and the SMT V trailer? Whew

Yeah! It's funny cause I was joking about SMTV showing up on the Direct, fully expecting it to not actually show up, lmao. I'm excited for it, never played an SMT mainline game before. Surprised about Nocturne too, wanna give that a try but I heard it can be excruciatingly hard, haha.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to watch the Heroes Rising movie, that was fun. Was kind of funny that Deku seemed to get stronger after "giving up" one for all.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
these breaks are rough
Yep, especially with an arc this intense
Yeah! It's funny cause I was joking about SMTV showing up on the Direct, fully expecting it to not actually show up, lmao. I'm excited for it, never played an SMT mainline game before. Surprised about Nocturne too, wanna give that a try but I heard it can be excruciatingly hard, haha.
Lol I played Nocturne years ago and I remember it being fucking tough, haha. So that part is entirely accurate, though I'm sure they'll be options to make things more manageable. Nocturne is hardcore, though I guess that describes mainline SMT in general
f61.png

Status
Not open for further replies.