• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're forgetting about the new dark horse
1594873152475.jpg

Damn you're right, she might take Deku's spot

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Lemme know when you play VIIR! It's REALLY fun and the characters are especially well done, they brought them to life better than I could have hoped for. To my surprise, by the end of it all, Barret was my favorite. I'm interested in Tsushima's Kurosawa mode too, but I don't think I could pass on the beautiful colors of the environment, hah. I'd like to give it a try eventually though, so maybe in a second playthrough or so.
For sure! I'm either going to get that or Pirate Warriors 4 next. I'm looking forward to seeing how it differs from the original!
Kichijoji is cool! I didn't realize it was going to be a whole new area we could explore like that. I thought it'd be more like the hang-out spots where you don't walk around at all.
Yeah I love the whole area way more than I was expecting. The music at Penguin Sniper and the Jazz club is just too good
aabe4e0fe635e508-e1490304349905.jpg

I got spoiled a bit on some third semester stuff, unfortunately... I was looking up guides and stuff then had the misfortune of reading some things, lol. So I'm pretty sure I've been identifying the stuff they're laying down for the third semester. It definitely has me intrigued so far. I wanna catch up and do the third semester already, but man, there's still so much of the original to go through, haha. Gotta take down Shido and then Mementos. That's like three more months? Sheesh.

It's done much better this time for sure, but so far, I don't think how I feel towards Akechi has changed much? I like him more now, I suppose, but not that much more. Oh, but learning a bit more about his backstory does make me feel bad for the guy even more now...
Oh it sucks you got spoiled brother. I'm not sure how much you saw but there's a lot in that third semester to experience, hopefully there will still be some surprises there.

I was indifferent towards Akechi because it felt like you didn't get enough time with him in Vanilla. It's probably a mix of having more control of when you advance that link(at least for most of it) and knowing where his story was headed that made him feel like more of a presence this time around for me.
Hope people don't get mad when Bakugo wins again :3
Lotus, you know that's impossible lol

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017

278: Disaster Walker

Compress and Dabi are launching attacks from Gigantomachia's back
Midnight and Kamui Woods get roughed up
Gigantomachia is literally dragging Mt. Lady along
He is heading straight for the 1-A/1-B rearguard

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Mt. Lady tries but the Giga can't be stopped. Hope the kids have a good plan or something resembling a plan for any villans that made it through the first line

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Kaminari, Komori, and Juzo arrive at the rear guard as Jiro warns everyone that something huge is heading towards them.
Gigantomachia with Dabi, Toga, Spinner, Compress, and Skeptic in tow are plowing through the heroes ranks.
Geten launches large scale ice attacks and clashes with Cementoss.
ReDestro has gotten new prosthetics and is in a 1v1 showdown with Edgeshot.
Gigantomachia has overpowered Mt. Lady and is literally dragging her along behind him with Kamui Woods and Midnight on her back.
Midnight has concluded that the Hospital Raid has failed and that she has to get to Jaku immediately as she's likely the only way they could take down Shigaraki.
Midnight attempts to neutralize Gigantomachia but the League attacks; Dabi burns Kamui and Compress knocks Midnight off with a large concrete debris from his marbles.
Midnight is seriously wounded crawling along the forest floor lamenting how hopeless the situation is.
Yaoyorozu gets into contact with Midnight on comms; Midnight tells Yaoyorozu their only chance is to use anaesthesia and that she trusts Yaoyorozu's judgement.
PLF foot soldiers rally and advance through forest and reach Midnight--implication is they finish her off and Yaoyorozu mourns.
Rear guard can see PLF forces and Gigantomachia closing in on their position in stunned disbelief and are about to flee.
As they close in Yaoyorozu takes charge and begins delivering orders to organize a defense.

Yaoyorozu: "You expect me to be a hero by showing my back to the enemy!? No, I will stand and fight!"

Chapter ends with Yaoyorozu yelling that she welcomes the enemy as 1-A and 1-B stand determined ready to clash with the incoming forces.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Kaminari, Komori, and Juzo arrive at the rear guard as Jiro warns everyone that something huge is heading towards them.
Gigantomachia with Dabi, Toga, Spinner, Compress, and Skeptic in tow are plowing through the heroes ranks.
Geten launches large scale ice attacks and clashes with Cementoss.
ReDestro has gotten new prosthetics and is in a 1v1 showdown with Edgeshot.
Gigantomachia has overpowered Mt. Lady and is literally dragging her along behind him with Kamui Woods and Midnight on her back.
Midnight has concluded that the Hospital Raid has failed and that she has to get to Jaku immediately as she's likely the only way they could take down Shigaraki.
Midnight attempts to neutralize Gigantomachia but the League attacks; Dabi burns Kamui and Compress knocks Midnight off with a large concrete debris from his marbles.
Midnight is seriously wounded crawling along the forest floor lamenting how hopeless the situation is.
Yaoyorozu gets into contact with Midnight on comms; Midnight tells Yaoyorozu their only chance is to use anaesthesia and that she trusts Yaoyorozu's judgement.
PLF foot soldiers rally and advance through forest and reach Midnight--implication is they finish her off and Yaoyorozu mourns.
Rear guard can see PLF forces and Gigantomachia closing in on their position in stunned disbelief and are about to flee.
As they close in Yaoyorozu takes charge and begins delivering orders to organize a defense.

Yaoyorozu: "You expect me to be a hero by showing my back to the enemy!? No, I will stand and fight!"

Chapter ends with Yaoyorozu yelling that she welcomes the enemy as 1-A and 1-B stand determined ready to clash with the incoming forces.

Im more hyped for Bunkitz's reaction than anything else.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that Yaoyorozu out of all characters is getting the spotlight. Worried now cause I doubt she and the others can stop them.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch, Midnight really gonna be the first "major" casualty on the Hero side? (I know Crust was first but Midnight was far more adjacent to the main cast)
Seems like it's still left ambiguous though

Let's go Yaoyo Momo, time to get a good W

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I'm shocked that Yaoyorozu out of all characters is getting the spotlight. Worried now cause I doubt she and the others can stop them.

She and the others won't be able to hold him forever, everything's moving towards what we've all been anticipating (Touya reveals himself to Endeavor, Giga rescues Shiggy).

But I think they will manage to incapacitate him for a while, long enough for the hospital raid heroes to really damage Shiggy, to the point he has to bail out there.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't put it passed Giga to be put out of commission here.

Shiggy needs to be handicapped somehow, and Giga is already steamrolling heroes on his own. I'd expect fuckery to happen but right now we're more or less assuming progression at a straight line.

I also don't think Dabi has to be on the scene, nor that he'll even be the one to drop the bombshell in a present capacity. He's had opportunities to do so in the past, having confronted both Endy and Shoto before. Nothing has really changed since then. His own admission was even strategically hidden. That knowledge is for Hawks' ears only right now, and I'm sooner inclined to believe that if that twist is coming out, it'll be thanks to Hawks. Keep in mind that so far Dabi doesn't actually want people to know of him, seemingly not even people in the League. The only reason he seemed to have told Hawks is because he was about to die (among other potential conspiracy theories).

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Giga being halted here would be incredibly disappointing imo if it means he won't meet up with Shiggy at Jakku. I've been looking forward to that scene for months lmao

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man Hori has been on a streak between this and last chapter. It's a shame next week is a break because I'm literally on the edge of my seat here

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm both excited and worried about what Momo is going to do. Let's say she actually stops Giganto through some genius plan, she still had the rest of the League to deal with.

I'm guessing Midnight survives cause she just had fodder coming after her.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
iJIW89B.gif

(When Giga is not only about to fight Kirishima and Mina but Momo just becomes badass out of nowhere)
Bunkitz

With a chapter like this I ain't even mad the Shiggy fight got sidelined lol. Here I was thinking at most we might get some more set up for an eventual Kirishima/Mina fight with Giga but nah, Hori's throwing everything and the kitchen sink at this arc and I'm here for

What I like about this is it pleases everyone, the ones who wanted to see those two fight Giga get to see that but they're also doing it in a team setting with the objective to put him to sleep for those who thought he was too OP. It's almost too perfect. Are we sure Hori doesn't read Era?? If he's reading this make Bakugo x Camie happen lol

Art was phenomenal this week, as always.
I could really feel the struggle Mt. Lady was having holding Giga back. The way dude just tossed her and then dragged her later...brutal. Kamui and her have to be an item, the way he called her name...

Midnight.

200.gif

I could go either way on this. If she lives cool but if she dies, well, hopefully it'll satisfy some of the bloodlust around here lol. If that was her death scene it was well done. They don't all need to be flashy, her passing the torch to Momo was all that was needed.

Really excited for the next chapter. With the league still on Giga's back there's a lot of different directions the upcoming clash can go. Will our heroes be left standing? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So the plan seems to have always been for the liberation army as a whole to follow behind Giga. I do wonder why Skeptic was chosen to go along with them though, Shigaraki must have wanted him to his side quickly but I can't for the life of me tell why.

Also I ask again, did Hori forget Trumpet lmao

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
At least Redestro is taken on an army of heroes after being dunked by a kid lol

Blah blah his prosthetic leg gave out blah blah i know

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At least Redestro is taken on an army of heroes after being dunked by a kid lol

Blah blah his prosthetic leg gave out blah blah i know
I was hype to see that. Too many people tried sleeping on him because of Tokoyami. And to Tokoyami's credit, Dark Shadow is a freaking monster under peak conditions.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Good to see Redestro back in action, I'm guessing Horikoshi is saving Trumpet for later which is not a good sign for the Heroes, I'm kind of 50/50 on whether Midnight is ok or not since that did sond like goodbye speech

I don't see Momo's plan working which sucks because she hasn't had a legit win in like ever but also here's the thing, we now have the majority of Class A and B working on a plan where if the slightest thing goes wrong it would lead to the Villains victory, all the traitor suspects(except Ochako) are in that group so if none of them do anything out of the ordinary then I'll be 100% on the traitor being Ochako because it's now or never

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yaomomo has a history of jobbing when it counts, even when it's usually softened up with a sentiment of "wow she sure showed a lot of potential/did something that helped".

A consolation prize ain't gonna cut it this time and I fear she might develop lifetime PTSD if she screws up now. If only for that reason alone, I legitimately think they might incapacitate Giga here.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yaomomo has a history of jobbing when it counts, even when it's usually softened up with a sentiment of "wow she sure showed a lot of potential/did something that helped".

A consolation prize ain't gonna cut it this time and I fear she might develop lifetime PTSD if she screws up now. If only for that reason alone, I legitimately think they might incapacitate Giga here.
I agree, this is one of the biggest moments she could have. I think she'll succeed, her failing would be too tragic

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Momo and the others won't stop Giga but they will slow him down, enough for the hospital squad to cause some serious damage to Shigaraki.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Survived one week without deku

Chapter got no deku

Next chapter: aug 2

Ffffffffffffffffffffff

Chapter was amazing though. MT. Lady is my new boss.

P. S I swear I read there was something about a color page this week? Don't see any.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Survived one week without deku

Chapter got no deku

Next chapter: aug 2

Ffffffffffffffffffffff

Chapter was amazing though. MT. Lady is my new boss.

P. S I swear I read there was something about a color page this week? Don't see any.

Next chapters getting a color page and will also be on the cover (to celebrate the 6th anniversary).

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If they stop Giga but he manages to grab the League and chuck them in Shiggy's direction before going down, does it count as jobbing? Compress could turn them all into marbles.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If Giga, the previous main bodyguard of AfO, is stopped by a bunch of high schoolers I don't know about the optics on that one

I'm sure Hori could contrive some sort of trap for him but man it would have to be convincing for me to believe it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What a fuckin' chapter, goddamn. I don't think they're going to kill Midnight here, but they sold me on the possibility, which IMO is all you really need. Mt. Lady put in a strong showing, and so did Cementoss.

MOMO TAKE MY ENERGY. I think she's going to do it, y'all. The rest of the League will make their way onward, or at least Dabi will, but I think they knock out Giga here. Or at least slow him down enough that the League separates from him. TBH Mudman can probably screw him up solo, when you get that big you need stable footing pretty badly. But I'm super hyped to see Momo finally bring it home - and she will. I got FAITH.

(But even if she doesn't, it's not like losing to Gigantomachia is jobbing, c'mon y'all).

(Still a very cool name).

Status
Not open for further replies.