• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 81

Omg they did not do a whole Crueller x Pop Step becoming a thing future, did not want but am willing to accept since its not like there was ever anything else.

Also both of them still being vigilantes though their young adult hood until they had a daughter...nice. Also a son too?!

Also Koichi air stepping??? I must need to reread...but anyway that was pretty cool.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Vigilantes - 81

"That could've been our future"

Damn, this was such a great chapter, really glad I picked this back up again.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Finally watched Heroes Rising. It's a bit disappointing? Don't get me wrong, the action was awesome, but the whole movie felt like an excuse just to put these kids in combat situations? Even more so than the first movie. I also lost track of how many times the movie made me think "Oh, how convenient."

• The brief Dabi vs. Endeavor fight. The flames in the MHA anime have always looked great, so seeing two fire users going at it was wonderful.
  • Mahoro and Katsuma being adorable throughout the entire movie. Loved them. Would really like to see them one day in the manga. Or maybe not cause that'll turn some complaints below into canon, lmao.
  • Can't Stop Twinkling: Supernova. That was an incredibly cool super move from Aoyama, and he even tried to fight some more after he was exhausted. Proud of my twinkly boy.
  • Sero's excellent performance throughout the movie was greatly appreciated. That moment his helmet broke worried me for a bit, but it ended up just making him look cooler. His very brief performance against Shoto in the sports festival showed me how cool (heh) he can be in a fight, and Heroes Rising further cemented that for me.
  • Shoto creating an icy version of Flashfire Fist to freeze Chimera from the inside out was sick. It was also very, very cool. It would be cool if he could create an even better version that he can use regularly (at least as regularly as Endeavor uses Flashfire Fist) in the future.
  • Katsuma's quirk is, as described by Deku, pretty much the same as Recovery Girl's, but minus the saliva.
  • Speaking of Recovery Girl's quirk, it was described as being incredibly rare and (if I recall correctly) the only known healing quirk around, at least to U.A.'s knowledge. Yet here we are at Nabu Island and there are not one, but two nurses with healing quirks. Sure, one could argue we don't actually see them heal, but come on, those were healing quirks. Deku and Bakugo were just in too bad a condition for it to work then.
  • Chimera too OP. During both fights.
  • Shoji protecting the kids and the kids protecting Shoji.
  • Bakugo somehow forgetting receiving One For All.
  • Bakugo somehow not retaining One For All and Deku somehow retaining it even after he transferred it.

Oh? The series is ending soon? Or is the finale you're referring to just for this arc?
Yeah the movie feels completely unnecessary which sucks because there are some cool things about it but maybe it's for the best. I do wish certain things had been saved for the manga instead of wasting it on a movie that's somehow worse than the first

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the movie feels completely unnecessary which sucks because there are some cool things about it but maybe it's for the best. I do wish certain things had been saved for the manga instead of wasting it on a movie that's somehow worse than the first
I struggle to think of an anime movie aside from Strong World that isn't "unnecessary." Anime movies are basically glorified filler arcs with more set pieces.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the second movie was definitely better. Much better use of characters, I mean it was the first time Iida has been relevant since Stain.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I struggle to think of an anime movie aside from Strong World that isn't "unnecessary." Anime movies are basically glorified filler arcs with more set pieces.
You ain't thinking hard enough

Battle of Gods
Resurrection F
Broly
Demon Slayer: Infinity Train

Even the first movie at least gives us some more on the young All Might period of time. Most anime movies are glorified filler but that has been changing since the start of last decade

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Battle of Gods
Resurrection F
Broly

Even the first movie at least gives us some more on the young All Might period of time. Most anime movies are glorified filler but that has been changing since the start of last decade

Still disagree heavily with DS adapting a manga arc as a movie rather than a season of anime. It's an outlier for a reason.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Still disagree heavily with DS adapting a manga arc as a movie rather than a season of anime. It's an outlier for a reason.
You still have 3 movies in Dragon Ball then that shows anime movies don't have to be filler.

Also wouldn't be surprised at all if after the upcoming Demon Slayer makes all the money at the B.O. that other anime end up doing the same thing

I'd much rather watch a Bleach movie covering the final arc or Boruto movies adapting arcs from the manga

Which reminds me that Naruto: The Last is a canon movie too iirc

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You still have 3 movies in Dragon Ball then that shows anime movies don't have to be filler.

Also wouldn't be surprised at all if after the upcoming Demon Slayer makes all the money at the B.O. that other anime end up doing the same thing

I'd much rather watch a Bleach movie covering the final arc or Boruto movies adapting arcs from the manga

I'm talking from the perspective of a consumer, so how much money it makes is irrelevant to me lol. I like when anime movies have canonical elements in them (provided the source material actually references it later...), but in general an anime movie adapting is less accessible than an anime season. Pretty much my only issue with it, it's just awkward to me lol

It's different from Dragon Ball, as nowadays it has nothing to adapt. So you take whatever you get. And even then those movies have so far been adapted into the anime so that people aren't lost, something I doubt the KnY anime will do.

As for your Bleach example, well, the only reason this KnY arc is getting a movie to begin with is because it's short. Bleach's final arc/saga isn't, so it'd be an incredibly cramped movie to say the least if one cares about it being properly adapted.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Battle of Gods
Resurrection F
Broly

You named 4 movies, three of which are from the same series which in itself is an outlier. That isn't saying much at all out of the hundreds of anime movies based on ongoing series.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball wasn't being written for like 20 years til that movie came out. MHA is still currently happening. Again weird comparison.

Also I hate that Demon Slayer is doing a movie release, especially now.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm talking from the perspective of a consumer, so how much money it makes is irrelevant to me lol. I like when anime movies have canonical elements in them (provided the source material actually references it later...), but in general an anime movie adapting is less accessible than an anime season. Pretty much my only issue with it, it's just awkward to me lol

It's different from Dragon Ball, as nowadays it has nothing to adapt. So you take whatever you get. And even then those movies have so far been adapted into the anime so that people aren't lost, something I doubt the KnY anime will do.

As for your Bleach example, well, the only reason this KnY arc is getting a movie to begin with is because it's short. Bleach's final arc/saga isn't, so it'd be an incredibly cramped movie to say the least if one cares about it being properly adapted.
Thats fair. All I'm saying is anime movies don't have to be glorified filler and there are examples of that not being the case.

You and I remember Budapest(Bleach's last arc) very differently lol. There's a lot of white space. I think they could do it in 2 movies and it would probably be better than the a new season. Better budget at least
You named 4 movies, three of which are from the same series which in itself is an outlier. That isn't saying much at all out of the hundreds of anime movies based on ongoing series.
Well apparently in the hundreds of anime movies out there you missed those lol. You said you struggled to think of anime movies that don't feel "unnecessary". I listed anime movies that show that statement isn't necessarily right. Them being from the same series shouldn't really matter imo

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You and I remember Budapest(Bleach's last arc) very differently lol. There's a lot of white space. I think they could do it in 2 movies and it would probably be better than the a new season. Better budget at least

I mean you probably right lmao, it's been a minute

But if I were still a big fan of Bleach, I'd dislike that. Waiting for an arc to finish out through 2-3 movies would be unbearable for me lol, even if it'd be worth it in the end

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean you probably right lmao, it's been a minute

But if I were still a big fan of Bleach, I'd dislike that. Waiting for an arc to finish out through 2-3 movies would be unbearable for me lol, even if it'd be worth it in the end
If it was something like One Piece where it favors longer arcs then oh yeah I agree completely, but for shorter arcs I don't mind. With Bleach I actually think it could help eliminate a lot of the dead space and DS can do it this time cause the arc it's adapting is shorter like you said but the rest of it's adaptation should go back to the anime season format

I'd kill for a DS prequel movie tho

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well apparently in the hundreds of anime movies out there you missed those lol. You said you struggled to think of anime movies that don't feel "unnecessary". I listed anime movies that show that statement isn't necessarily right. Them being from the same series shouldn't really matter imo
...what is that even supposed to mean? If anything the fact that there are "hundreds" implies I would be more likely to miss those, so that doesn't even make sense.

You listed five out of hundreds. If you can't tell those are exceptions I'm not sure what to tell you. It's like me saying I struggle to think of the last time a tornado hit my state and you name five random times they did occur. That's still a drop in the bucket and doesn't help your point at all lol. I never once said they don't exist, I just implied they're incredibly infrequent.

I do agree more anime arc-movie summaries like what DS is doing should happen more frequently. That's why I love the One Piece "Episodes" so much. But you seem to be forgetting something if you act surprised that one isn't canon when that's the case for a vast majority of them. That's the par for the course.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
...what is that even supposed to mean? If anything the fact that there are "hundreds" implies I would be more likely to miss those, so that doesn't even make sense.
It's not rocket science my guy, I'm joking that there are indeed anime movies that I would consider necessary in the hundreds out there. I disagree with you.
You listed five out of hundreds. If you can't tell those are exceptions I'm not sure what to tell you. It's like me saying I struggle to think of the last time a tornado hit my state and you name five random times they did occur. That's still a drop in the bucket and doesn't help your point at all lol. I never once said they don't exist, I just implied they're incredibly infrequent.
You're moving the goalposts. Let's not.

You quoted me saying you struggle to think of any anime movies that aren't unnecessary. I disagree and listed examples. You can disagree because they're "exceptions", but frankly I don't agree with that.They're still anime movies

Maybe the confusion is stemming from the fact that I think this newest MHA movie is indeed unnecessary, but I don't think that about ALL anime movies. It's case by case for me, it doesn't matter if it's canon or not.
I do agree more anime arc-movie summaries like what DS is doing should happen more frequently. That's why I love the One Piece "Episodes" so much. But you seem to be forgetting something if you act surprised that one isn't canon when that's the case for a vast majority of them. That's the par for the course.
What are you even talking about? No duh most anime movies aren't canon lol, unless you think unnecessary is a synonym for filler?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not rocket science my guy, I'm joking that there are indeed anime movies that I would consider necessary in the hundreds out there. I disagree with you.

You're moving the goalposts. Let's not.

You quoted me saying you struggle to think of any anime movies that aren't unnecessary. I disagree and listed examples. You can disagree because they're "exceptions", but frankly I don't agree with that.They're still anime movies

Maybe the confusion is stemming from the fact that I think this newest MHA movie is indeed unnecessary, but I don't think that about ALL anime movies. It's case by case for me, it doesn't matter if it's canon or not.

What are you even talking about? No duh most anime movies aren't canon lol, unless you think unnecessary is a synonym for filler?
What filler is "necessary" lol

No goalposts have been moved whatsoever. I just didn't realize the weird way you defined "necessary." Sounds like a you thing that just wasn't conveyed well. If a filler can canonically be ignored entirely I don't see what about that makes it necessary. You can be upset that this is the case, but let's not act as if five examples out of several hundreds is in any way a credible argument. That's just how it is for nearly every case whether you like it or not. If you don't like this idk what to tell you.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Eh I really liked how the second movie used everyone in some way so it's better than 1 just for that. Though

Japan's most wanted standing menacingly on top of a building in the middle of the day in an area crawling with law enforcement was pretty bad lmao

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sad there is so much dislike for Heroes:Rising here and I guess the folks would have been the ony people in the theater gnawing their teeth over it. dreadful.

Still, I wont let such negativity hamper how fantastic of a story on a literary, emotional, and mental level it was. Wish the main series could be this good. Oddly, it seems anything that isn't the main series (Heroes:Rising and Vigilantes) is superior to the main series. I guess HeroAca just lends itself well to having great non current TL stories.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eh I really liked how the second movie used everyone in some way so it's better than 1 just for that. Though

Japan's most wanted standing menacingly on top of a building in the middle of the day in an area crawling with law enforcement was pretty bad lmao
Sad there is so much dislike for Heroes:Rising here and I guess the folks would have been the ony people in the theater gnawing their teeth over it. dreadful.

Still, I wont let such negativity hamper how fantastic of a story on a literary, emotional, and mental level it was. Wish the main series could be this good. Oddly, it seems anything that isn't the main series (Heroes:Rising and Vigilantes) is superior to the main series. I guess HeroAca just lends itself well to having great non current TL stories.
Yeah my theater was surprisingly relatively full for an anime movie. It's an overall well rounded movie, and as mentioned they give every student their time to shine. The fact that Ojiro had more than two minutes of screen time already made it worth the view.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the movie yesterday, liked that everyone had a moment to shine and the animation and action was fantastic. Overall I liked the movie, but I think I might prefer the first movie.

Liked
- Bakugo
- Great action, loved Sero and Uraraka working together and the final battle was visually cool
- Shigarki's coat
- Great animation and finally good looking background art (wish they could get that team for the show)
- Really liked how Iida took charge when the villains appeared, sometimes I forget he used to be part of the main cast.
- The 2 kids were alright.
- Solid pacing

Disliked
- Meh villains, and Chimera was more interesting the Nine tbh.
- Chimera shooting laser, please nerf
- There was an interesting moment where Shoji and Chimera were fighting and he mentioned how they were both monster, should have had Shoji fight Chimera instead protecting the kids
- Not a huge fan with how the final battle conluded, visually it was amazing and the idea of it was alright, but I think i would have prefered if Bakugo gave back OfA to Deku and they just explained Bakugo didn't have it long enough to be part of the OfA line-up or something. Better than he not remembering and it went back to Deku magically. Though i'm glad this was used in the movie than in the manga.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Saw the movie yesterday, liked that everyone had a moment to shine and the animation and action was fantastic. Overall I liked the movie, but I think I might prefer the first movie.

Liked
- Bakugo
- Great action, loved Sero and Uraraka working together and the final battle was visually cool
- Shigarki's coat
- Great animation and finally good looking background art (wish they could get that team for the show)
- Really liked how Iida took charge when the villains appeared, sometimes I forget he used to be part of the main cast.
- The 2 kids were alright.
- Solid pacing

Disliked
- Meh villains, and Chimera was more interesting the Nine tbh.
- Chimera shooting laser, please nerf
- There was an interesting moment where Shoji and Chimera were fighting and he mentioned how they were both monster, should have had Shoji fight Chimera instead protecting the kids
- Not a huge fan with how the final battle conluded, visually it was amazing and the idea of it was alright, but I think i would have prefered if Bakugo gave back OfA to Deku and they just explained Bakugo didn't have it long enough to be part of the OfA line-up or something. Better than he not remembering and it went back to Deku magically. Though i'm glad this was used in the movie than in the manga.

Agreed on the background art, it's crazy how much having a clean art direction elevates the visuals:

bun6fpxeb2aakelbiuoe.png

My-Hero-Academia-Heroes-Rising-Screenshot-01.png

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I liked the movie quite a bit, but one of my biggest takeaways was that in one of the early scenes where Deku is talking to the little boy, during the whole conversation they barely drew Izuku's nose and it was very distracting lol

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Also placing the movie so far ahead in the manga was useless imo, and really just served to spoil anime-onlys who listen carefully and to get starboy Hawks in there. They don't even fully commit to it because they want to have their cake and eat it too (The League bumming in a shack despite this being post MLA was something that stood out in this regard)

Otherwise the whole idea of the movie is a pretty good one and I would kill to see something similar in the main series.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Mhm. I really thought this was gonna be better considering all the hype around it, but in the end... Two Heroes does so much more compared to this, and that at least won't have to twist and turn in order to fit the canon. The first movie added to All Might's backstory which was enough to justify it for me. This was really just cool action. Now we either know to expect Bakugo receiving One For All in the eventual ending of the manga, or Horikoshi won't do that anymore. It's a really cool idea that I like (though it needs better execution in the aftermath) which would make it disappointing if Horikoshi would no longer use it. So it sucks either ways.

It's annoying too how they could've simply had Bakugo return One For All to address why he doesn't have it anymore in the manga, and say that having it for only a very short period wasn't enough to have him become one of the vestiges. Simple as that! Would've been a perfectly acceptable explanation instead of Bakugo just fucking forgetting things (which I feel is pretty uncharacteristic of him) and there being zero explanation as to why Deku still has it.

Also, I just realized something about Aoyama's Supernova move. The scene made it look as if he was rerouting all his energy into his belt to fire off the supercharged laser blast, but... it's not like the energy ever went anywhere else to begin with. The suit reroutes it to his shoulders and so on as needed, it all still comes from his navel. This is just me nitpicking, I guess, but I wanted to mention it cause it popped in my head just now.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Watching literal decades of pokemon films have acclimated me to anime films meaning nothing lmao

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm looking for in a shonen movie is cool action and it seems like the last movie delivered on that front

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mhm. I really thought this was gonna be better considering all the hype around it, but in the end... Two Heroes does so much more compared to this, and that at least won't have to twist and turn in order to fit the canon. The first movie added to All Might's backstory which was enough to justify it for me. This was really just cool action. Now we either know to expect Bakugo receiving One For All in the eventual ending of the manga, or Horikoshi won't do that anymore. It's a really cool idea that I like (though it needs better execution in the aftermath) which would make it disappointing if Horikoshi would no longer use it. So it sucks either ways.

It's annoying too how they could've simply had Bakugo return One For All to address why he doesn't have it anymore in the manga, and say that having it for only a very short period wasn't enough to have him become one of the vestiges. Simple as that! Would've been a perfectly acceptable explanation instead of Bakugo just fucking forgetting things (which I feel is pretty uncharacteristic of him) and there being zero explanation as to why Deku still has it.

Also, I just realized something about Aoyama's Supernova move. The scene made it look as if he was rerouting all his energy into his belt to fire off the supercharged laser blast, but... it's not like the energy ever went anywhere else to begin with. The suit reroutes it to his shoulders and so on as needed, it all still comes from his navel. This is just me nitpicking, I guess, but I wanted to mention it cause it popped in my head just now.

??? Did I misunderstand because that whole thing was explained though?

the transfer wasn't finished and Bakugo went unconscious before the transfer completed

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Yeah it's like those last couple of minutes are incredibly hype but everything else surrounding it is...eh. As much as I love Kacchan I can't give it a pass. Even more so because the movie was not worth the hit season 4 took in quality because of it.

I can get why people found enjoyment in it because I did love the last battle, but I do kinda feel like
Bakugo getting OfA
was wasted in this movie. I don't see Hori using it in the main series anymore, that's something that was probably sacrificed for this film.

It's been a couple months so I can't remember the exact reason Deku is able to keep his powers. I think it's a combo of Bakugo passing out and previous holders wanting Deku to keep the power, which is a whole thing that boggles my mind. How much power do the vestiges have?! Lol

Also while I got you here bro, how have you been liking P5 Royal?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
??? Did I misunderstand because that whole thing was explained though?

the transfer wasn't finished and Bakugo went unconscious before the transfer completed
Really? Huh. Must've somehow missed that then. Hmm.

Looked it up on the wiki and it says that All Might theorized that, but then later theorized that it was the will of One For All to remain with Deku due to his willingness to sacrifice his dreams to save people, etc. All Might's first theory sounds really stupid, no offense to him. The idea that losing consciousness several minutes after receiving and using One For All will somehow undo the process is just silly.

The will of One For All undoing the transfer, on the other hand, just sounds way too convenient but ehh, I'll take it. Fits with the fact that it has been doing things on its own sometimes.
I don't see Hori using it in the main series anymore, that's something that was probably sacrificed for this film.
Yeah, agreed. Thinking about it some more, it could have ended up similarly too in his original plan, that One For All would remain with Deku. And Bakugo would forget about it? If that was the case, I would prefer it to not happen at all, I suppose. Hopefully whatever he'll do for the finale won't disappoint and will be even more exciting than this one's final battle.
Also while I got you here bro, how have you been liking P5 Royal?
Feels like forever since I touched it, haha. Stopped a long time ago (just finished Palace 6) to play TLOU2, which was *chef's kiss* but also didn't feel like returning to it cause TLOU2 for me was 2+ long weeks of playing a lot nearly everyday. I wanna go back soon-ish, but then there's Ghost of Tsushima coming this Friday, hah.

Anyway, love the game! All the improvements really make the game shine even more. I especially appreciate Baton Pass no longer being tied to Confidant ranks, that makes so much more sense and makes the gameplay open up much earlier. The new additions to the story have been great too, really like Kasumi. Not gonna lie, it's kinda hard not to ship her with Joker, lmao. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs are pushing for that though. I mean, visually alone, they look fantastic together.

Was really excited for a little while there when we stumbled into that new Palace with her. I was naive and thought I'd actually be able to explore it and battle shit. Sure wish it lasted a while longer and wasn't just there super briefly for her awakening. At least they had a decent explanation for why they didn't deal with it.

Akechi's last Confidant rank before his betrayal was really cool too. Didn't expect to get to battle him one-on-one like that. I totally trashed him though, lmao. Boy had no chance. I liked how in some parts, he was progressively being more and more obvious that there's something kind of wrong with him. That that unhinged side of him was slowly showing, even more so than in the original.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Deku and Mirio sharing a birthday
Both of em being prospective OFA recipients

That was definitely intentional wasn't it

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Happy birthday to Deku and Mirio!!!

Feels like forever since I touched it, haha. Stopped a long time ago (just finished Palace 6) to play TLOU2, which was *chef's kiss* but also didn't feel like returning to it cause TLOU2 for me was 2+ long weeks of playing a lot nearly everyday. I wanna go back soon-ish, but then there's Ghost of Tsushima coming this Friday, hah.

Anyway, love the game! All the improvements really make the game shine even more. I especially appreciate Baton Pass no longer being tied to Confidant ranks, that makes so much more sense and makes the gameplay open up much earlier. The new additions to the story have been great too, really like Kasumi. Not gonna lie, it's kinda hard not to ship her with Joker, lmao. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs are pushing for that though. I mean, visually alone, they look fantastic together.

Was really excited for a little while there when we stumbled into that new Palace with her. I was naive and thought I'd actually be able to explore it and battle shit. Sure wish it lasted a while longer and wasn't just there super briefly for her awakening. At least they had a decent explanation for why they didn't deal with it.

Akechi's last Confidant rank before his betrayal was really cool too. Didn't expect to get to battle him one-on-one like that. I totally trashed him though, lmao. Boy had no chance. I liked how in some parts, he was progressively being more and more obvious that there's something kind of wrong with him. That that unhinged side of him was slowly showing, even more so than in the original.
Totally understandable. I played it not too long after it came out and just sunk into it, I had already beat RE3 and I skipped VII(I do plan on playing it) so it was my sole focus. Ghost of Tsushima looks badass btw, going to play it in black and white mode

Yeah I'm a big fan of all the changes they made and I love the new area, Kichijoji. Lol it does seem like they are pushing towards Kasumi but I can't betray Makoto lol. It helps her romance is locked until the third semester

Dude yeah that part was such a tease, haha. I can't wait to talk to you about the third semester when you get to it, they've laid a lot of groundwork for it already.

I didn't mind Akechi in vanilla, but I really love him here. He's redone confidant is a big reason why, he feels more like a proper rival and dark mirror to Joker than before. I was surprised how much more I liked him actually when I was indifferent before.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Totally understandable. I played it not too long after it came out and just sunk into it, I had already beat RE3 and I skipped VII(I do plan on playing it) so it was my sole focus. Ghost of Tsushima looks badass btw, going to play it in black and white mode
Lemme know when you play VIIR! It's REALLY fun and the characters are especially well done, they brought them to life better than I could have hoped for. To my surprise, by the end of it all, Barret was my favorite. I'm interested in Tsushima's Kurosawa mode too, but I don't think I could pass on the beautiful colors of the environment, hah. I'd like to give it a try eventually though, so maybe in a second playthrough or so.
Yeah I'm a big fan of all the changes they made and I love the new area, Kichijoji.
Kichijoji is cool! I didn't realize it was going to be a whole new area we could explore like that. I thought it'd be more like the hang-out spots where you don't walk around at all.
I can't betray Makoto
HAUdGTo.gif

Dude yeah that part was such a tease, haha. I can't wait to talk to you about the third semester when you get to it, they've laid a lot of groundwork for it already.

I didn't mind Akechi in vanilla, but I really love him here. He's redone confidant is a big reason why, he feels more like a proper rival and dark mirror to Joker than before. I was surprised how much more I liked him actually when I was indifferent before.
I got spoiled a bit on some third semester stuff, unfortunately... I was looking up guides and stuff then had the misfortune of reading some things, lol. So I'm pretty sure I've been identifying the stuff they're laying down for the third semester. It definitely has me intrigued so far. I wanna catch up and do the third semester already, but man, there's still so much of the original to go through, haha. Gotta take down Shido and then Mementos. That's like three more months? Sheesh.

It's done much better this time for sure, but so far, I don't think how I feel towards Akechi has changed much? I like him more now, I suppose, but not that much more. Oh, but learning a bit more about his backstory does make me feel bad for the guy even more now...

Status
Not open for further replies.