• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Neat art for the Hero Res

EcZH72vVcAAldzU

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neat art for the Hero Res

EcZH72vVcAAldzU

Seeing this I realized that most of that cast wasn't important for at least a year (or even longer) at all. Manga is so different now in comparison to the first two-three years.

Edit: Yes they are in this arc too, but most of them don't even do any important shit. Maybe now with Giganto around the corner something will happen.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I mean, on other places like reddit and discord, folks are still not certain and said why
Fingers crossed though
NVM, Viz updated
Urgh

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Horikoshi should take as many breaks as he needs

Sucks not having a chapter this weeks, but if he can keep up the quality of this arc all throughout, it's worth it.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense to go digital now but I wonder why he didn't embrace it before. A lot of artists seem to like it.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I would assume it's still not 100% digital and that he'd do the pencils first then scan it to continue work digitally. Since it's to lessen the risk of contracting the virus (i.e. lessening human contact) then I assume his assistants will be doing their work digitally now (so the backgrounds, screentones, text, etc.) rather than working on the actual sheet of paper Horikoshi drew on.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I do remember Hori commented a few weeks back he had started using digital, but he was getting used to it:

I've switched to doing the final touches digitally since page 19 of the last chapter. I'll work hard to get used to it soon.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wait it wasn't drawn digitally before ? How do they do some of the effects ?

Japan is barely affected by covoid and they are still taking precautions. God bless them

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
wait it wasn't drawn digitally before ? How do they do some of the effects ?

Screentones. They're sheets that are adhered on and cut off with an exacto-knife, and occasionally they'll dip nibs or brushes in white-out.

EDIT: Also, for complex things like photorealistic images being used as backdrops, those can put cut and pasted onto the sheet itself. Because the pages are printed out as pure monochrome, they tend to fit in seemlessly.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Finally watched Heroes Rising. It's a bit disappointing? Don't get me wrong, the action was awesome, but the whole movie felt like an excuse just to put these kids in combat situations? Even more so than the first movie. I also lost track of how many times the movie made me think "Oh, how convenient."

• The brief Dabi vs. Endeavor fight. The flames in the MHA anime have always looked great, so seeing two fire users going at it was wonderful.
  • Mahoro and Katsuma being adorable throughout the entire movie. Loved them. Would really like to see them one day in the manga. Or maybe not cause that'll turn some complaints below into canon, lmao.
  • Can't Stop Twinkling: Supernova. That was an incredibly cool super move from Aoyama, and he even tried to fight some more after he was exhausted. Proud of my twinkly boy.
  • Sero's excellent performance throughout the movie was greatly appreciated. That moment his helmet broke worried me for a bit, but it ended up just making him look cooler. His very brief performance against Shoto in the sports festival showed me how cool (heh) he can be in a fight, and Heroes Rising further cemented that for me.
  • Shoto creating an icy version of Flashfire Fist to freeze Chimera from the inside out was sick. It was also very, very cool. It would be cool if he could create an even better version that he can use regularly (at least as regularly as Endeavor uses Flashfire Fist) in the future.
  • Katsuma's quirk is, as described by Deku, pretty much the same as Recovery Girl's, but minus the saliva.
  • Speaking of Recovery Girl's quirk, it was described as being incredibly rare and (if I recall correctly) the only known healing quirk around, at least to U.A.'s knowledge. Yet here we are at Nabu Island and there are not one, but two nurses with healing quirks. Sure, one could argue we don't actually see them heal, but come on, those were healing quirks. Deku and Bakugo were just in too bad a condition for it to work then.
  • Chimera too OP. During both fights.
  • Shoji protecting the kids and the kids protecting Shoji.
  • Bakugo somehow forgetting receiving One For All.
  • Bakugo somehow not retaining One For All and Deku somehow retaining it even after he transferred it.
this finale is getting real good
Oh? The series is ending soon? Or is the finale you're referring to just for this arc?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Finally watched Heroes Rising. It's a bit disappointing? Don't get me wrong, the action was awesome, but the whole movie felt like an excuse just to put these kids in combat situations? Even more so than the first movie. I also lost track of how many times the movie made me think "Oh, how convenient."

• The brief Dabi vs. Endeavor fight. The flames in the MHA anime have always looked great, so seeing two fire users going at it was wonderful.
  • Mahoro and Katsuma being adorable throughout the entire movie. Loved them. Would really like to see them one day in the manga. Or maybe not cause that'll turn some complaints below into canon, lmao.
  • Can't Stop Twinkling: Supernova. That was an incredibly cool super move from Aoyama, and he even tried to fight some more after he was exhausted. Proud of my twinkly boy.
  • Sero's excellent performance throughout the movie was greatly appreciated. That moment his helmet broke worried me for a bit, but it ended up just making him look cooler. His very brief performance against Shoto in the sports festival showed me how cool (heh) he can be in a fight, and Heroes Rising further cemented that for me.
  • Shoto creating an icy version of Flashfire Fist to freeze Chimera from the inside out was sick. It was also very, very cool. It would be cool if he could create an even better version that he can use regularly (at least as regularly as Endeavor uses Flashfire Fist) in the future.
  • Katsuma's quirk is, as described by Deku, pretty much the same as Recovery Girl's, but minus the saliva.
  • Speaking of Recovery Girl's quirk, it was described as being incredibly rare and (if I recall correctly) the only known healing quirk around, at least to U.A.'s knowledge. Yet here we are at Nabu Island and there are not one, but two nurses with healing quirks. Sure, one could argue we don't actually see them heal, but come on, those were healing quirks. Deku and Bakugo were just in too bad a condition for it to work then.
  • Bakugo somehow not retaining One For All and Deku somehow retaining it even after he transferred it.

Oh? The series is ending soon? Or is the finale you're referring to just for this arc?
Where did you watch it? I want to do it tomorrow

And on the side, where are people getting this image of Dabi from?

oQYM4kz.png

IuXIFxp.png

Yeah, he's totally sane and sympathetic guys:

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh sorry, I meant, where are people getting this idea that Dabi is sympathetic when the narrative shows he's nothing but an insane callous asshole?

I feel like they are projecting their hope that Dabi has actual layers to it's whole character, it's deeper or more interesting, when he's just trash.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care that he's Endeavor's son no sad backstory is gonna make me not think he sucks. All he has is his edgyboi design and that's it. I never want to see Dabi ever again

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Dabi's situation is very interesting and he has potential to be a very good character. He's also a giant asshole. Those aren't mutually exclusive things.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Dabi is he was introduced like 200 chapters ago, and we still can't really say anything about him. He was never really a forefront type character, but he also wasn't in the background either.

When you drag a mystery out that long, it just gets tedious. To the point where if the answer is the simple expected thing, Dabi really is Endeavor's son, it'll be disappointing.

I gotta hope we're getting something more interesting than that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Dabi is he was introduced like 200 chapters ago, and we still can't really say anything about him. He was never really a forefront type character, but he also wasn't in the background either.

When you drag a mystery out that long, it just gets tedious. To the point where if the answer is the simple expected thing, Dabi really is Endeavor's son, it'll be disappointing.

I gotta hope we're getting something more interesting than that.

The irony is that people only care about him to begin with due to the assumption he's Endeavor's son. So if he miraculously ended up not being that, even if we avoided an obvious reveal, he'd become incredibly less interesting regardless.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Movie was pretty pretty standard Shounen movie and the last few minutes even put it down for me. Didn't like it at all.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
No MHA or One Piece this week is rough

At least it's Spy X Family week to help make up for it

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Movie was pretty pretty standard Shounen movie and the last few minutes even put it down for me. Didn't like it at all.
I went into it not expecting much, but I really enjoyed it. Somehow they managed to give EVERY 1A student some shine, the fight sequences were well animated, and they made the non-canon characters all pretty compelling (particularly the kids). My only issue with the characters was how overpowered Chimera was.

No MHA or One Piece this week is rough

At least it's Spy X Family week to help make up for it
Read 👏 Juju 👏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.