• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Shigaraki is WAY too powerful now. This is pretty ridiculous. I'm wondering if AFO was this OP when his quirk was locked too.
It's to the point where I'm just waiting for all story to move on a bit. Like this is a cool fight and all but we can kinda expect Aizawa to blink and have a character get bodied and have that whole plotline happen.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I suspect the PLF members on Machia's back will begin attacking Mt. Lady in the next chapter. Hopefully she'll get the support she needs. If they're not too far away from the mansion, then Cementoss and Fat Gum should be fairly close, yeah? Cementoss would be a great help if he could trap Machia's feet in concrete for a little while, maybe. They need someone to deal with Dabi though, I think he's the biggest threat right now, among those on Machia's back. Then again, he might be unable to fight much now since he was nearly overheating last we saw him. I don't recall seeing him, but has Kamui Woods done anything yet? He'd be a bad match up since Dabi's there, but the rest of The Lurkers ought to assist Mt. Lady. Edgeshot could quickly knock out Machia's passengers. Unless Compress' slight of hand is somehow fast enough to capture him.
It was Skeptic on his back, not Trumpet
Oh right, my bad, lol. I'm mixing them up cause they're all the same to me. Except Geten. Geten's cool.

Heh.
not feeling this I guess the original AFO mind take over that Hori's playing with; hope it doesn't go the Madara —> Kaguya direction
At the very least, if it does go there, at least there'll be some build-up to it unlike that mess.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I suspect the PLF members on Machia's back will begin attacking Mt. Lady in the next chapter. Hopefully she'll get the support she needs. If they're not too far away from the mansion, then Cementoss and Fat Gum should be fairly close, yeah? Cementoss would be a great help if he could trap Machia's feet in concrete for a little while, maybe. They need someone to deal with Dabi though, I think he's the biggest threat right now, among those on Machia's back. Then again, he might be unable to fight much now since he was nearly overheating last we saw him. I don't recall seeing him, but has Kamui Woods done anything yet? He'd be a bad match up since Dabi's there, but the rest of The Lurkers ought to assist Mt. Lady. Edgeshot could quickly knock out Machia's passengers. Unless Compress' slight of hand is somehow fast enough to capture him.

Oh right, my bad, lol. I'm mixing them up cause they're all the same to me. Except Geten. Geten's cool.

Heh.

At the very least, if it does go there, at least there'll be some build-up to it unlike that mess.
No worries and glad to see another Geten lover

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
9e9lcUl.jpg

maybe we'll get the full lurkers+interns combo.

Kamui Woods, Mineta, Shiozaki and Sero all have really good capture quirks. They might be just enough for mt Lady to stand a chance in a straight fight.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ya know, there's really no reason for Bakugo not to develop some kick based explosions. The nitroglycerin is in his sweat so it should be possible. Knowing Bakugo there is probably a reason, but it'd be cool if he did kicks like Deku. Would be a nice parallel since Deku has taken some stuff from Bakugo already
9e9lcUl.jpg

maybe we'll get the full lurkers+interns combo.

Kamui Woods, Mineta, Shiozaki and Sero all have really good capture quirks. They might be just enough for mt Lady to stand a chance in a straight fight.
That'd be hype, I love Kamui Woods and it would be a nice opportunity for some others to get some shine. Though I really do hope Kirishima crosses path with Giga this arc, to plant more seeds for an eventual confrontation if nothing else

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ya know, there's really no reason for Bakugo not to develop some kick based explosions. The nitroglycerin is in his sweat so it should be possible. Knowing Bakugo there is probably a reason, but it'd be cool if he did kicks like Deku. Would be a nice parallel since Deku has taken some stuff from Bakugo already
The thing is, the triggers (the detonator, if you will) seem to be in his hands. It'd be cool if he eventually learned how to do it with other parts of his body, though that may become too OP. Plus, personally, I like that he's forced to get more creative since he can only produce the explosions from his hands. His aerial mobility wouldn't be as impressive if he could create explosions from his feet too.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The thing is, the triggers (the detonator, if you will) seem to be in his hands. It'd be cool if he eventually learned how to do it with other parts of his body, though that may become too OP. Plus, personally, I like that he's forced to get more creative since he can only produce the explosions from his hands. His aerial mobility wouldn't be as impressive if he could create explosions from his feet too.
Yeah that's a fair point though I was thinking with some gear it might be possible. The cool thing is he could still use his hands for aerial mobility and his feet to fight. It could look pretty cool seeing him do explosive roundhouses mid-air and alternating between explosions from his hands and feet. It would look like a Devil May Cry game lol

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

That'd be hype, I love Kamui Woods and it would be a nice opportunity for some others to get some shine. Though I really do hope Kirishima crosses path with Giga this arc, to plant more seeds for an eventual confrontation if nothing else
I wanna see Edgeshot kick ass

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Shigaraki rejecting AfO also gives him a reason to dip later since he doesn't feel the need to get OfA as strongly anymore and recognizes it as something AfO wants instead.

Nov 14, 2017
I think Bakugou hasn't used his feet to use his quirk because it would tear through the shoes he wears.
And knowing his mom's personality, she wouldn't have that because that's money down the drain in buying new shoes.

Now that he's in UA, he can definitely go to the support department and ask for shoes with modified soles or something.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think Bakugou hasn't used his feet to use his quirk because it would tear through the shoes he wears.
And knowing his mom's personality, she wouldn't have that because that's money down the drain in buying new shoes.

Now that he's in UA, he can definitely go to the support department and ask for shoes with modified soles or something.
Yeah have Hatsume hook him up. I wonder how a convo between those two would play out

Oct 25, 2017
I think it could be a mistake - there is a chapter this week i beleive
Would seem like Horikoshi didn't finish the chapter in time if mangaplus is doing this sudden delay. Wouldn't be the first time Horikoshi missed a chapter suddenly. I dont know why one would doubt mangaplus and shueisha at this time when the magazine has to be headed to the printers imminently.

Hope he didn't get a bad sickness.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This chapter's made me wonder again whether All For One genuinely cares for Shigaraki or has just been manipulating him this whole time to reach this point where he'd try to take over his successor via his will imbued in the original quirk.
Yeah that's a fair point though I was thinking with some gear it might be possible. The cool thing is he could still use his hands for aerial mobility and his feet to fight. It could look pretty cool seeing him do explosive roundhouses mid-air and alternating between explosions from his hands and feet. It would look like a Devil May Cry game lol
See, now you have my attention.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
This chapter's made me wonder again whether All For One genuinely cares for Shigaraki or has just been manipulating him this whole time to reach this point where he'd try to take over his successor via his will imbued in the original quirk.
After this I feel like he definitely doesn't care much. I'm sure he takes pride in Shigaraki's growth but that's likely only because he sees it as his success. I think it's gonna really come back and bite him on the ass in the end once Shigaraki finds out. In the MLA arc Shigaraki mentions that he doesn't like tactics that use emotional manipulation, which is what AfO was using when he originally raised Shigaraki to make All Might suffer when it was revealed who's grandson Shiggy was. I think this revelation to Shigaraki might be what makes him turn on AfO.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
After this I feel like he definitely doesn't care much. I'm sure he takes pride in Shigaraki's growth but that's likely only because he sees it as his success. I think it's gonna really come back and bite him on the ass in the end once Shigaraki finds out. In the MLA arc Shigaraki mentions that he doesn't like tactics that use emotional manipulation, which is what AfO was using when he originally raised Shigaraki to make All Might suffer when it was revealed who's grandson Shiggy was. I think this revelation to Shigaraki might be what makes him turn on AfO.
I can see that happening. Could be the twist at a prison break arc where it's revealed Shigaraki wasn't there to break All For One out of Tartarus, but to kill him.

Alternatively, we could have a sick All For One vs. Shigaraki battle.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I can see that happening. Could be the twist at a prison break arc where it's revealed Shigaraki wasn't there to break All For One out of Tartarus, but to kill him.

Alternatively, we could have a sick All For One vs. Shigaraki battle.
I could totally see this. Though I think it'd be a quick thing. Leave him in the chair and just disintegrate him.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
EcRfIooXQAAvRUp

EcRfIp9WkAI5FQ3

Picked up a new figure that people here might like
Looks awesome man
I think he cares in the sense that he sees Shiggy as a useful tool for revenge against All Might. So in a narcissistic way I would say yes. I don't think AfO can actually take over Shiggy, but I could be wrong. If he can everything might've been a ploy
See, now you have my attention.
Lol

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
AFO only sees him as a tool
Not sure about you guys but prison break arc after this would seem like doing too much

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Shiggy is most def killing AFO

GT going to tell him about his Grandma and how AFO used him against All Might

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I can imagine AFO laughing as he turns to dust, all like "I've created a monster. Haha, good luck fuckers, I'm out"

I feel like that would be a fitting note for him to go out on

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
The great thing about AfO is that he can die but still have a presence in the story as vestige in both Shigaraki and Deku's mind.
His death would be a cool moment, but I would also like to see more of his backstory.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think the prison break could start because Shiggy wants answers about certain things (Nana and the history of OfA and AfO). That ending in Shigaraki vs AfO sounds incredibly hype

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So sorry if this was already asked but do you guys think that Hori forgot about the traitor plotpoint?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So sorry if this was already asked but do you guys think that Hori forgot about the traitor plotpoint?
Probably. Then he'll pull a Kubo and act like it was planned from the jump.

This is why I hate hints that get dragged out. We shouldn't be waiting hundreds of chapters without more of an idea of who it is.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
At this point does anyone even care? He totally forgot so we should just forget too. It would've been cool if Kaminari was it but that kinda went out the window in the base invasion so ehhh

Status
Not open for further replies.