• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
So if any of the homies tryna put some money together to get...uh... "an assorted collection of vintage fan-art from the land of the Rising Sun" commissioned of Mirko... let me know so I can put 5 on it

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Eb9EFPMWsAEO7ms

this is art

Eb9Bs6BVAAEUta2

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Tbh I didn't get the Miruko hype before this arc because it really was all just a bunch of thirst lol, but I really started to love her in this arc. Hori did a good job in showing both her abilities and her personality in such a short span of chapters.

It kind of makes me reflect on how good Hori is at establishing characters very quickly when he wants to. Hawks is a major case here since he basically became hugely popular the second that Billboard chart chapter dropped.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
hmmmm shiggy should be pretty damaged as it stands right now , bakugou;s explosion then endy's attack should have left him messed him up

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Overall a pretty good chapter though i do wonder - if this fight is going to suffer from being too long

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 80
EcFqs-EXsAILBce

I think I prefer how Betten Court draws Kouchi more than Horikoshi whenever I see a horikoshi drawing of him I'm like, he looks so different...

I wish Endeavour didn't have a five minute limit.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It would be cool to see that group get involved. Mineta and Sero actually interned with the Lurkers too.

Does anyone have any idea of the layout of the mansion raid? I'm not sure if giga would have to run through the students on a direct path to the city.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
As much as we'd all love to be rid of Mineta, let's be real: He ain't dying and it's fairly likely he'll actually play a significant role in whatever conflict the backup team will get into. Horikoshi likes the character and he's had his moment every now and then. I just hope Horikoshi eases off the pervy antics and eventually stops it altogether after a potential time skip.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I was wondering how the back up group would get involved, having them all team up together to try and bring down Gigantomachia would be a brilliant way to bring them into the fold.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It appeared fine in the app which actually has been having problems of missing pages the last few weeks. Thankfully not this week.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
MT. LADY LET'S GO!!! God I hope she gets a good showing here and isn't knocked out of the fight anytime soon.

Bakugo with that classic full blast attack though. Mmm. *chef's kiss*
Mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp rise up
Got it now, lol. Didn't think to check there though. Might do that next time.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Thank god two of those theories I hated turned out to be wrong. Skeptic is coming so Shigaraki did likely intend for all the commanders to go with Giga, but I doubt Redestro, Geten, and Trumpet are allowing themselves to abandon their forces.

The Shigaraki possession theory is benched for now, thank God. People who want Deku to fight AfO in the end are villains.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
1j22tu8ipyl41.jpg

(Bakugo telling Kirishima about the fight later)

Ohhhhh yeah! That's that good shit! You just gotta love a battle chapter and this was pretty damn dope.

Loved how the chapter opened with Deku and Shiggy locked in combat ala All Might and All for One. We have an interesting group for this fight, with Deku, Bakugo, Endeavor, Gran Torino, and Aizawa vs Shigaraki. Aizawa's presence here is clutch as it allows Bakugo and Deku to be able to contribute at their currrent level. Beyond that, it's just nice seeing how precious Aizawa has become to the students and vice versa. I touched upon it last week too, but these moments with Aizawa has low key been some of my favorite parts of this arc. Really hope Eraserhead makes it through this

Action wise the choreography was not Hori's best but I think that's balanced out by the chaos of the battle and the fact the Hori still nails the key shots, like Endeavor and Shiggy rushing each other on page 7 or the epic explosion Bakugo produces on page 16.

Shigaraki just shrugged off AfO's influence like it wasn't shit. It was a cool moment but it seems way too easy to me, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it. Though I think rejecting being like AfO leads more credence to the idea that Shiggy will kill him at some point.

Of course Hori switched to the mansion just as we are getting to the hotness. Still, Giga vs Mt.Lady hype!

-Expecting Shoto to show up whenever we switch back to Deku/Bakugo
-Loved the small back and forth between Shiggy and Bakugo. Not on your radar, huh? Ok, you're still getting blasted
-How many times has Shiggy been baptized in fire this fight? Jeez

Can Mt. Lady hold off Giga? Will AfO try to assert his will on young Tomura once again? How long can Aizawa keep his eyes open?!? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Mt. Lady you go girl, holy shit.

Stopping Machia! like the real mvp, fuck bakugo.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Good action chapter though I'm reminded that the second Aizawa blinks the damage that the Heroes have dealt will be healed

On the mansion side I don't mind the switch up since that's actually the side I'm most interested in

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This was a good action chapter though i do worry that ultimately this fight is going to end up be reallly long with little breathing room. Hell this arc in general has very little in terms of breathing room.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder, since Mt Lady stands no chance against Giga + the Commanders, if maybe he'll blast by her and the person she fights instead is a Mecha Suit Redestro. That seems more her speed.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't notice earlier that Shigaraki effortlessly weaved through Hell Spider like that. That's whack.
Thank god two of those theories I hated turned out to be wrong. Skeptic is coming so Shigaraki did likely intend for all the commanders to go with Giga, but I doubt Redestro, Geten, and Trumpet are allowing themselves to abandon their forces.

The Shigaraki possession theory is benched for now, thank God. People who want Deku to fight AfO in the end are villains.
Didn't notice there were people on Machia's back. Cool to see Trumpet (and presumably the other commanders?) didn't get left behind. As much as I would have been interested in seeing Shiggy not care for the PLF and only look after the League members, I think this is the more interesting route.

Wasn't aware there was a possession theory. That would have sucked.
Good action chapter though I'm reminded that the second Aizawa blinks the damage that the Heroes have dealt will be healed
Fuck, you're right. Totally forgot about the regen. Shiiit. They need to knock him unconscious or something, which would be akin to knocking All Might out. That's a really tall order, oh boy.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Action was alright this time around in terms of being able to follow it a little better than past chapters.

I never gave any credence to the whole possession theory. Not for any particular reason, just didn't really think about it. So to see it almost happen this chapter surprised me. It's debunked for now, and hopefully it stays that way.

Endeavor saying what we all thinking, where the hell is Todoroki? I justified his absence as being necessary due to not being really capable of flight. But if Shiggy's quirk was just gonna get turned off for the time being, I'm kinda bummed that Horikoshi didn't just make up an excuse so he could come with Deku and Bakugo after all.

And Mt. Lady bout to get destroyed

Oct 25, 2017
So few comments, I guess you all discussed the chapter to eath in the spoilers...maybe a spoiler thread is warranted

----

I saw all you LoV riding the giant, lol. Surprised theres none of the UA kids on that page anywhere, thought they would have been in the forest too, unoless I just cant see them.

Rational Bakugo protecting/covering his Deku is the best.

It is kind of sad Midoriya's whips were nothing more than some cheap parlor trick. I hope Horikoshi hasn't forgotten to make them useful and such as it'd be disappointing if they stay as nothing more than a cosmetic gimmick to make him do more than just punch and kick every now and then.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Cool that the MLA isn't being left behind
Yeah, where is ma man Shoto
Mt Lady is in danger, cuz Tomura told Giga to kill everyone he sees right?

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Well damn Mt. Lady actually putting in work other than just being fan service!

not feeling this I guess the original AFO mind take over that Hori's playing with; hope it doesn't go the Madara —> Kaguya direction

Shiggy should at least be damaged; even with his all might-esque physique he should ha e some serious damage from the flames of Endeavor and now Bakugo. Again I think his inate super strength is overkill

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Man. If Shigaraki doesn't have any damage after that....

849.gif

He is way too OP. It's almost comical at this point.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I don't even know how this series is going to be able to proceed with QUIRKLESS Shiggy being this OP jfc

Shiggy being all "I appreciate what you did for me master, but I don't want to be like you" was a good character moment tho. He's really come into his own.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I didn't notice earlier that Shigaraki effortlessly weaved through Hell Spider like that. That's whack.

Didn't notice there were people on Machia's back. Cool to see Trumpet (and presumably the other commanders?) didn't get left behind. As much as I would have been interested in seeing Shiggy not care for the PLF and only look after the League members, I think this is the more interesting route.

Wasn't aware there was a possession theory. That would have sucked.

Fuck, you're right. Totally forgot about the regen. Shiiit. They need to knock him unconscious or something, which would be akin to knocking All Might out. That's a really tall order, oh boy.
It was Skeptic on his back, not Trumpet

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I actually will admit this chapter sort of goes against my whole idea of the final Shigaraki fight not being a 1 vs 1 since Shiggy stated how much AfO being brought down by a single guy got to him.

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Anyone else think this arc could become too bloated I mean we have
Heroes vs shiggy
Machia fight at the mansion and if machia arrives with the commanders, a fight against them too

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Shigaraki is WAY too powerful now. This is pretty ridiculous. I'm wondering if AFO was this OP when his quirk was locked too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly feel something is going to escalate to bring things to an end and bring things to a new status quo. Also they've established too much to skip year 2, but skipping to that point well we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.