• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Shiggy collapsing just because he got woke up too soon. I had previously figured he'd let the heroes run, but, well, he doesn't seem inclined to do that, so he'll have to have some other reason to bring things to a temporary halt. It's pretty clear rn that nobody in the series is capable of standing up to him as things stand.

Also, goddamn, 4 dead heroes over in Vigilantes this week too. Something's in the water over there.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like with the media there now when Giga and friends arrive Shigaraki is gonna make a big speech about how society is going to change. The media finally being there definitely means something big is gonna go down soon

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What makes you say that? Besides Deku only Bakugo and Gran Torino understand the entire situation on the heroes side
Bakugo thinks he can take on a dude that just bodied two heroes with a wave of the arm, quirkless. Both Deku and Bakugo are in over their heads, especially Bakugo who last chapter was going on about getting payback.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bakugo thinks he can take on a dude that just bodied two heroes with a wave of the arm, quirkless. Both Deku and Bakugo are in over their heads, especially Bakugo who last chapter was going on about getting payback.
That's fair, thought it might've been another reason. Wasn't sure why Bakugo was getting singled out specifically like Deku wasn't in too deep as well. Though the way Bakugo talked about not falling behind Deku makes me think he has a power up or new move we don't know about.

I'm not particularly worried about either of them, they got enough plot armor to make it through this. Some of the pros on the other hand...

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think Gran Torino may die because Bakugo has basically become to Deku what Gran Torino was to All Might and Nana Shimura. A trusted confidant who helps AfO in the fight against AfO.

Also if anyone is out of their depth, it's Manual lmao. The dude isn't even top 200 if i remember correctly.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
That's fair, thought it might've been another reason. Wasn't sure why Bakugo was getting singled out specifically like Deku wasn't in too deep as well. Though the way Bakugo talked about not falling behind Deku makes me think he has a power up or new move we don't know about.

I'm not particularly worried about either of them, they got enough plot armor to make it through this. Some of the pros on the other hand...
I mean Deku has OFA, which can give him some vestige power somehow if things get out of hand
Bakugo....yeah

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Endeavor got straight bodied

Shigaraki is scary...someone is dying soon, can't tell if it's Endeavor or Aizawa

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean Deku has OFA, which can give him some vestige power somehow if things get out of hand
Bakugo....yeah
I really don't see Bakugo having it rougher here than Deku. Guarantee they're still near each other in power level. There's no guarantee a vestige power up will really turn the tide. If he gets float that'll be neat but it's not going to do much by itself

Now if the first holder pulls some hax, that'll be the kind of bullshit I was expecting. But I would also expect that to cover more asses than just Deku's

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm starting thinking he may get out of this thing unscathed, killing him would be pointless and dequirking him is just repeating a growth arc he's already on. He's more valuable alive and healthy

I think he's going to get a W here but on a technicality and someone will get shot with the bullet because he got cocky

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If someone gets snuffed out it probably won't be for lack of Bakugo trying. He's got enough of a burden to carry as is with All Might.

I'm actually thinking if anyone gets undone here because of someone's actions it may be because of Deku. Gran Torino already set up the possibility for that when he told Deku that OFA is in danger of being stolen, that might imply that at least two people (Gran Torino and Bakugo) are cognizant enough of the fact that Deku needs to stay the hell away from Shiggy since he's at risk.

It'd also make sense from a thematic standpoint. Consider also the fact that throughout MHA, he's always talked himself up as wanting to become someone that can save everyone. He's coasted pretty well so far in this regard; the first two things he did as an aspiring hero was attempting to save Bakugo (and while he didn't succeed it did inspire All Might to push through) and successfully saving Ochako. From then on he actually succeeded in protecting All Might at the Unforeseen Joint Simulation, and then saving Iida from Stain. He also managed to save Bakugo for real in Kamino, as well as Mirio from Overhaul, but nothing was more emblematic of his goal than succeeding in saving Eri. That being said I think the harsh reality is that realistically he can't save everyone. That's a lesson he's going to have to learn sooner or later it feels like, and while I do believe there's absolutely an out here for the heroes in temporarily de-escalating the threat (note that even if the villains manage to "retreat" that's still technically a loss for the heroes as the most dangerous man in Japan is a fugitive), I suspect where we're going right now may lead to Deku's first real taste at failure. Make no mistake, he's "failed" before in the sense that he didn't win a fight, or the sports festival, or what-have-you, but all of those were at least a failure forward. I think there's a good chance whatever happens here will be something that he won't find a silver lining in, and that could very well translate to the dequirking or death of one of his teachers.

Also I maintain that a possible wild card thing that could happen this battle is that Deku manifests the quirks of one of the other vestiges as opposed to Float. Somehow I think underselling the quirk and his progress toward it means it might not be the right time for that one to manifest in this case, though I suppose it'd give Deku something defensive if Shiggy starts decaying again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Bakugo, it's your turn to protect Aizawa!! 😭 I love them so much, how fiercely Aizawa will fight to protect his kids and how Bakugo and Deku are risking their lives, racing to their dad Aizawa to protect him from Shiggy! And Aizawa's "NO, YOU'RE IN THE WAY!!" was *chef's kiss*

Manual's quirk allowing Aizawa to keep using his quirk was a cool surprise and I'm glad they're doing it because his quirk is deathly crucial in this situation. Would've been cool to see Rock Lock use his quirk against Shigaraki too, but then getting too close could've gotten him killed. That would've sucked.

Shigaraki turning out to have augmented strength like the USJ Nomu though... Sheesh. His quirk might as well just be called "Overpower" at this point, lmao. It's ridiculous that they're now expected to deal with these "Near High-Ends" as well as a villain with All Might's strength. Still, at least this makes things interesting in that Shiggy isn't going down so easily. It would've been far too easy if the heroes just piled on him while his quirk was erased. On the other hand, the Near High-Ends and the rest of the League are on their way, so it looks like the heroes are going to absolutely get their asses kicked soon. Really curious to see how Bakugo and Deku will be able to contribute to this fight.

Oct 27, 2017
CRUST NOOOOOOOOOO

He was short-lived but he is mourned, he saved my boi Aizawa

Bruuuuhhhh this is waaaaaaay too OP jfc

Yo he can sense his position with Search!? Aw man this is fucked

WAIT DID RYUKYU GET DONE IN!? No surely not. Aw man Eraser no don't do this to me Hori please. Oh okay its not Eraser by himself thank god, and Ryukyu is still alright

Jesus more fucking Noumu's

Wholesome Aizawa and kids let my mans teach pls don't die this arc!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think deku and bakugou will do better than I think people are expecting, but eventually the L will be served

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Things are really heating up. So many possibilities on how this can go.

I had hoped Deku and Baku would have stayed out of the fight a bit longer lol. Especially after the warning they just got.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Aizawa is gonna do some new shit in the next chapter where "I can permanently erase a Quirk but if I do it I go blind"

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bakugo, it's your turn to protect Aizawa!! 😭 I love them so much, how fiercely Aizawa will fight to protect his kids and how Bakugo and Deku are risking their lives, racing to their dad Aizawa to protect him from Shiggy! And Aizawa's "NO, YOU'RE IN THE WAY!!" was *chef's kiss*

Manual's quirk allowing Aizawa to keep using his quirk was a cool surprise and I'm glad they're doing it because his quirk is deathly crucial in this situation. Would've been cool to see Rock Lock use his quirk against Shigaraki too, but then getting too close could've gotten him killed. That would've sucked.

Shigaraki turning out to have augmented strength like the USJ Nomu though... Sheesh. His quirk might as well just be called "Overpower" at this point, lmao. It's ridiculous that they're now expected to deal with these "Near High-Ends" as well as a villain with All Might's strength. Still, at least this makes things interesting in that Shiggy isn't going down so easily. It would've been far too easy if the heroes just piled on him while his quirk was erased. On the other hand, the Near High-Ends and the rest of the League are on their way, so it looks like the heroes are going to absolutely get their asses kicked soon. Really curious to see how Bakugo and Deku will be able to contribute to this fight.
I'm really loving the bond Aizawa has with the students and vice versa. It feels good.

I expect Bakugo and Deku to get stomped but also be weirdly vital

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Deku I think has the best odds right now, since he's got to be closest to matching Shiggy on a purely physical level. It's what happens if they lose Aizawa that he should be nervous about.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really loving the bond Aizawa has with the students and vice versa. It feels good.

I expect Bakugo and Deku to get stomped but also be weirdly vital
At the very least, they both have ranged attacks that can help keep Shigaraki at bay. Deku also ought to be smart and use Black Whip to pull Aizawa and Manual away. Honestly, they should be able to play keep-away for quite a while with the two of them and Aizawa.

Maaan. I can't wait to see the Wonder Duo's teamwork against this monster. I'd like to think they'll last a while before getting wrecked or whatever. Hopefully they'll last at least through most of the next chapter, lol.
It's what happens if they lose Aizawa that he should be nervous about.
We should be nervous about the emotions Deku's gonna be experiencing and how it'll unlock some convenient new power/s for him.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This is so wholesome, I love it so much. Naruto meant the world to me as a teenager, and it was only a few years ago when I started watching the series that the Naruto-shaped whole in my life was finally filled.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I can't ever get the hands stuff hori is always talking about lol. Guess this is why I don't draw

it's pretty amazing how little of Naruto was planned but how good it stayed for a really long time.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Damn late to the party on this since I thought it came out today:

not feeling Shiggy's inante super strength, seems a tad bit of overkill. Just damn on how Shiggy is flexing on all these heroes with zero quirks.... a prominence burn should ended my man.

Someone is definitely dying but I really can't but my finger on it; even then Giga and the crew are coming along with these high end nomus so they're fucked either way....someone's sacrifice themselves so Deku and Bakugo can escape.

I think Shiggy's so for some body/quirk overload though.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there was any strategic merit for the Doc to make that one near High End Nomu super chonky and out of shape..

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Would be cool if this led to a sort of USJ round two situation where 1-A and the other students have to deal with the League + PLF grunts. See some sweet teamwork from both sides, etc.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I wonder if the Kirishima/Momo group will get any action. If Giga has to run through them to reach the city, then that's that.
Otherwise, the only way of getting them into the fight is if the heroes at the mansion call for backup.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
An interview between Hori and Kishi from 2015 got translated recently, there's a thread in Etc. Lots of interesting stuff, but one particular bit stood out

"Horikoshi notes Bakugo is horrible, but thought it would be more interesting that way. He says he wants him to be like Vegeta from Dragon Ball but doesn't know how it'll play out from here. Kishimoto says he thinks it'll be interesting whichever direction Bakugo goes."

It's pretty much been accepted Bakugo and Vegeta were similar, but it's nice to have an actual confirmation from the creator.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
An interview between Hori and Kishi from 2015 got translated recently, there's a thread in Etc. Lots of interesting stuff, but one particular bit stood out

"Horikoshi notes Bakugo is horrible, but thought it would be more interesting that way. He says he wants him to be like Vegeta from Dragon Ball but doesn't know how it'll play out from here. Kishimoto says he thinks it'll be interesting whichever direction Bakugo goes."

It's pretty much been accepted Bakugo and Vegeta were similar, but it's nice to have an actual confirmation from the creator.
Didn't realize there was a thread for it.

It's cool to get confirmation that Horikoshi's doing it intentionally. Vegeta's my favorite in Dragon Ball, so the similarities between them is appreciated. Although, I didn't like Bakugo for his Vegeta-like qualities, since those didn't happen til much later anyway.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Didn't realize there was a thread for it.

It's cool to get confirmation that Horikoshi's doing it intentionally. Vegeta's my favorite in Dragon Ball, so the similarities between them is appreciated. Although, I didn't like Bakugo for his Vegeta-like qualities, since those didn't happen til much later anyway.
The thread is pretty recent. Vegeta and Future Trunks are my favorites in DB. I've always appreciated the similarities as it feels like there hadn't been a Vegeta type in Shonen for a while

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I've been thinking about Dekus Quirks, and what we all know about them. Deku is the 9th user, we know that All Might was also quirkless, so we have

9th: Deku, quirkless
8th: All Might, quirkless
7th: Nana: she could float
6th: unknown
5th: Black-Whip-Guy
4th: unknown
3rd: unknown
2nd: unknown
1st: AFO's Brother: transference Quirk and the power stockpiling Quirk

So we have 4 OFA users left, one of them had to have the power quirk, right? So that leaves 3 of them with unknown quirks left?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about Dekus Quirks, and what we all know about them. Deku is the 9th user, we know that All Might was also quirkless, so we have

9th: Deku, quirkless
8th: All Might, quirkless
7th: Nana: she could float
6th: unknown
5th: Black-Whip-Guy
4th: unknown
3rd: unknown
2nd: unknown
1st: AFO's Brother: transference Quirk and the power stockpiling Quirk

So we have 4 OFA users left, one of them had to have the power quirk, right? So that leaves 3 of them with unknown quirks left?
I don't know if there was necessarily a huge power boost on the road to the 9th holder, the stockpile just allowed the power to amplify with each successive user (so if someone was naturally "strong" then that transfers into the next holder). It's an interesting theory though.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't know if there was necessarily a huge power boost on the road to the 9th holder, the stockpile just allowed the power to amplify with each successive user (so if someone was naturally "strong" then that transfers into the next holder). It's an interesting theory though.

Yeah, you are probably right, and i think it was kinda explained like that in the manga. It would also interesting to see, how did the first wielder knew that he can transfer his quirk, cause he didnt know that he even had one.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Back of the Volume:
EbxImYwUMAABz5H

In the Volume:
Ebvy3f2WAAEznyO

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm glad we can expect more Miruko in the future since she's clearly his favorite character

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I feel like that theory about Mirko training Deku after this arc is going to come true just because it would give Hori an excuse to draw her some more lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm so glad Mirko and Hawks survived but thinking about it now, man, did both of them get fucked up. Interested to see where Hori takes them from here. Maybe Mirko will rehab at U.A?

Status
Not open for further replies.