• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Question, do you think it's possible Geten is related to Rei? (In my opinion Geten unhooded looks very similar to Rei and they have similar quirks so it's possible he could be related to Rei which would explain his hatred for heroes)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is getting a little too transparent to be honest.

A bunch of high-ends roaming wild and Endeavor defeated, I don't see any way this doesn't get de-escalated.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
hori fucking killed it with the art this week. Like, somehow more than he usually does

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if when Shiggy was using the communicator earlier he was actually talking to both Giga and the other Nomus when he said to bring everyone.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Mitsuki is looking at a photo album of Bakugo baby pictures, something horrible is absolutely going to happen to him.

Last edited:

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Death,Dequirked or loses an arm?
Killing off Bakugo would be one of the most shocking and bold moves in recent memory, but it's not gonna happen.

Out of those options, I'd say the most likely is he's the one who's going to take the dequirking bullet, if only because the irony of a Quirkless Bakugo and the character arc that could become of that is too delicious to ignore. Though I don't like how it would basically be Mirio all over again, where one of Midoriya's biggest threats to the No. 1 spot gets their quirk destroyed. Plus then we'd have both Mirio and Bakugo waiting for the 'ol Eri-rewind treatment. Seems derivative.

I don't know exactly what Horikoshi's going to do, but this chapter's spoilers have made it as clear as its been to me that Bakugo is going to be met with some horrible fate by the end of this fight.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Killing off Bakugo would be one of the most shocking and bold moves in recent memory, but it's not gonna happen.

Out of those options, I'd say the most likely is he's the one who's going to take the dequirking bullet, if only because the irony of a Quirkless Bakugo and the character arc that could become of that is too delicious to ignore. Though I don't like how it would basically be Mirio all over again, where one of Midoriya's biggest threats to the No. 1 spot gets their quirk destroyed. Plus then we'd have both Mirio and Bakugo waiting for the 'ol Eri-rewind treatment. Seems derivative.

I don't know exactly what Horikoshi's going to do, but this chapter's spoilers have made it as clear as its been to me that Bakugo is going to be met with some horrible fate by the end of this fight.
Why do you say that?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Even if something goes wrong with AFO and Shigaraki himself has to retreat - Gigantomachia and the rest are more then enough to clear everything up especially since Ryukyu is down and Endeavour is going to hit his limit soon.

The Heroes are at their limits and the other PLF Members haven't even showed up yet

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
the Heroes are on their last leg with just Shigaraki, now we have more High Ends, quirk erasing bullets haven't been used yet, and Giganto and the PLF are on their way

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yeeeppp, even if something goes wrong with Shigaraki, there's High Ends,Giganto and PLF...the heroes quite honestly are going to be forced to retreat

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that the way it gets "de-escalated" is the heroes just turn and book it and Shiggy decides to let them go for whatever reason. Maybe Endeavor manages some heroic sacrifice to delay him or something, but I don't think this ends with Shiggy on the lam.

Also, I don't think I'd read too much into any flags for Bakugou. Would not be the first time the series sent up death flags and nothing came of it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That could very well happen, and it would make sense as having the Heroes be forced to retreat with their tails between their legs is the ultimate insult to them especially since Shigaraki will arrive soon after and wreck everything

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like at this point faith in hero society has to be pretty much nonexistent after shigaraki defeated endeavor and used the heroes own pose to express dominance. The public doesn't even know about shigaraki right? To them it's just some random guy coming in, destroying half a city, taking out multiple heroes including members of the top ten, and the other villains are not even here yet. I'd be freaking the fuck out if I was watching this in universe.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still think that the way it gets "de-escalated" is the heroes just turn and book it and Shiggy decides to let them go for whatever reason. Maybe Endeavor manages some heroic sacrifice to delay him or something, but I don't think this ends with Shiggy on the lam.
here's a crackpot theory: Shigaraki eventually gets a hold of Deku and triesto steal Deku's quirk, but learns that he can't, just like AFO couldn't (maybe he could have at 100%, but because his transformation was interrupted, he's not there yet). Shigaraki then resolves to just destroy Deku instead, and Deku narrowly escapes. Plan C? Throw a quirk-erasing bullet at Deku... but Deku (or Bakugo) straight up catches the bullet somehow, and use their quirk to 'shoot it' back at Shiggy. Shiggy's body and quirk are, at this point, too naturally resiliant to be completely erased in this manner, but the bullet is enough to weaken him temporarily and maybe destroy a handful of his stockpiled quirks... forcing a retreat, so that Shiggy can recuperate, learn the ins and outs of his newfound power, and plan ahead.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like at this point faith in hero society has to be pretty much nonexistent after shigaraki defeated endeavor and used the heroes own pose to express dominance. The public doesn't even know about shigaraki right? To them it's just some random guy coming in, destroying half a city, taking out multiple heroes including members of the top ten, and the other villains are not even here yet. I'd be freaking the fuck out if I was watching this in universe.

To the public he's basically pulling the villain version of All Might showing up

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the cruelest option for Shiggy is to let the heroes run off, then chase them down at his leisure. That can be the prison break arc. Could do the Endeavor public reveal there too, right before they execute him.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Saw this the other day. Damn, it hurts.

R.I.P. Twice.
Wait, the rumor says it might be a next gen launch title?!?!?
Yeh, man. 👀 Well, it's supposedly launching holiday 2020, at least, so that was my assumption. Which would be perfect for me because I've been waiting for quite some time now to dive back into DMC5 but its slowness on my PS4 made me just wait for the PS5 instead. That, and the fact that I only have 500GB of space, lmao. TLOU2 and FFVIIR take nearly 200GB...

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Rock Lock and Gran Torino not even stopping to think about protecting Eraserhead from Shigaraki was impressive imo considering it was surely a death sentence for both of them.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeh, man. 👀 Well, it's supposedly launching holiday 2020, at least, so that was my assumption. Which would be perfect for me because I've been waiting for quite some time now to dive back into DMC5 but its slowness on my PS4 made me just wait for the PS5 instead. That, and the fact that I only have 500GB of space, lmao. TLOU2 and P5R take nearly 200GB...
Fucking righteous man!

And yeah, I know that pain. I have like no space left on my PS4 hard drive lol

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Had a thought, what if Aizawa doesn't die but rather Shigaraki heavily injures his eyes - making him unable to use his quirk

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really love Hori's Art/Drawings, and i got a feeling like it's getting better and better.
This looks just so good!
VrrQymB.png

I really can't predict how this arc is gonna end, anything could happen, but what i did notice: The Doc said: Excessive modifications to the body take a toil on the brain... So maybe Shigaraki will start feeling some after-effect?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I really love Hori's Art/Drawings, and i got a feeling like it's getting better and better.
This looks just so good!
VrrQymB.png

I really can't predict how this arc is gonna end, anything could happen, but what i did notice: The Doc said: Excessive modifications to the body take a toil on the brain... So maybe Shigaraki will start feeling some after-effect?
I don't think that was what the doc was meaning to imply. Before he said that, he said that Shigaraki wasn't as powerful as All Might, which the USJ Nomu very nearly was. So, he's basically saying that he made as Shigaraki as powerful as he possibly could without fucking with his brain.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think that was what the doc was meaning to imply. Before he said that, he said that Shigaraki wasn't as powerful as All Might, which the USJ Nomu very nearly was. So, he's basically saying that he made as Shigaraki as powerful as he possibly could without fucking with his brain.

I see, makes sense, but was the USJ Nomu really that strong? The only thing he had going for him was shock absorption, so he could handle All Mights power.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I see, makes sense, but was the USJ Nomu really that strong? The only thing he had going for him was shock absorption, so he could handle All Mights power.
yeah, Shigaraki said so himself and there clear examples.
www.youtube.com

MHA All Might vs Nomu full fight

My hero academia ep 13 English dub
at 11:02, the Nomu moves at a incredible speed that only all might could block in time and the punch he throws lets off a big air blast, just like a detroit smash.
If the Nomu weren't that strong, All Might probably wouldn't have been hurt by it at all.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
yeah, Shigaraki said so himself and there clear examples.
www.youtube.com

MHA All Might vs Nomu full fight

My hero academia ep 13 English dub
at 11:02, the Nomu moves at a incredible speed that only all might could block in time and the punch he throws lets off a big air blast, just like a detroit smash.
If the Nomu weren't that strong, All Might probably wouldn't have been hurt by it at all.

Well yeah, but All Might was not at his best anyway, but i get what you mean. Still doesnt seem to be stronger then Shigaraki, maybe in row power.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Shigaraki just defeated Endeavour and Ryukyu while not having his quirk and then continued pose on top of them, the amount of disrespect is outstanding

I have a real bad feeling that something is going to happen to Bakugo, this chapter you even have his mom looking at a photo book about him, that's a huge deathflag

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
lol I gave the heroes too much credit, thought Shiggy would at least need some help.

Dequirked Shigaraki being able to clown Endeavor seems a little much .But surely he doesn't have an answer to rock lock /s

At least Bakugo has this handled.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Someone on Reddit pointed this out but it's possible when Shigaraki notices the news are broadcasting this - he is going to reveal that Deku has All-Might's former quirk just to screw with him

Status
Not open for further replies.