• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I still believe Bakugo is going to die or lose his quirk.
i dunno, if heroes:rising was truly what horikoshi had as ideas/ending ideas for the main series, then i doubt baks will be put in any sort of situation to hurt or harm him.

also hes supposed to be like midoriya's rival/2nd protagonist, Shoto seems more like to be the one to get some type of quirk loss or injury or death, imagine him sacrificing himself for his dear old man as Dabi gives him a fatal blow...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still believe Bakugo is going to die or lose his quirk.
0% chance he dies. He's worth more alive. He could get dequirked though. My money is on that happening to Aizawa and/or Endeavor, likely saving the students in the process
1873.jpg

29307.jpg

Thought you were responding to yourself there for a moment...

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wouldn't say that since another character can step up to the main rival role while I don't think anyone there can have a death as impactful to story as Bakugo can, except probably All Might
Bakugo has already been set up for the rival role perfectly and still has dangling plot threads. I don't see him dying here
1873.jpg

29307.jpg

Thought you were responding to yourself there for a moment...
Lol ikr? It's a cool avatar

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is. Look at the people that can counter Shigaraki and what happened to them:
Eri is out of commission
Mirio lost his quirk
Overhaul lost his arms

Aizawa is the only one left active, he will be taken out of comission like the other have

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
did i miss where mirio went fist to fist with shigaraki or something?
I imagine what they're getting at is that the ability to phase through matter and render yourself intangible is a natural counter to Shigaraki's quirk; Mirio can't be touched, so he can't get decayed. He can even permeate through ground, so hypothetically he can avoid environmental destruction.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
i dunno, if heroes:rising was truly what horikoshi had as ideas/ending ideas for the main series, then i doubt baks will be put in any sort of situation to hurt or harm him.

also hes supposed to be like midoriya's rival/2nd protagonist, Shoto seems more like to be the one to get some type of quirk loss or injury or death, imagine him sacrificing himself for his dear old man as Dabi gives him a fatal blow...

I mean, he also described the teamup between Deku and All Might in Heroes Rises as something he always wanted to do in the manga. There was already developments in the manga that already contradict that original ending as well (how would Deku be the Number 1 hero in the future if he had already given up his quirk to Bakugo?) So I wouldn't use that as a blueprint.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I'd say that them using that plot thread in the movie makes it a lot less likely to happen in the manga.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Theory: Deku will not be the one to beat Shigaraki. It'll be Eri who gets OFA and eventually wins.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo and Deku surely would have handled this had Gran Torino not interrupted. All the speculation about the third person only for them to seemingly return to the group is funny.

Shigiraki is due for another power up. Will be interesting to see how can utilize OfA

Aizawa is indeed cool. Unfortunately something bad will probably happen to him in two weeks. That said something has to prompt shigiraki to retreat / end this conflict so maybe Aizawa will pull something off. Not sure what else can check Shigi at this point barring some drawback to getting out of his machine early.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So is the image of death like a quirk or something?
I don't think so - they got the same thing off AfO, and we know he doesn't have the same quirkset as Shiggy. I'd put money on it being a non-mechanical thing, just pure dread.
Bakugo and Deku surely would have handled this had Gran Torino not interrupted. All the speculation about the third person only for them to seemingly return to the group is funny.

Shigiraki is due for another power up. Will be interesting to see how can utilize OfA

Aizawa is indeed cool. Unfortunately something bad will probably happen to him in two weeks. That said something has to prompt shigiraki to retreat / end this conflict so maybe Aizawa will pull something off. Not sure what else can check Shigi at this point barring some drawback to getting out of his machine early.
This could end with the heroes in full retreat instead, and Shiggy just elects not to chase them down for whatever reason.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Not sure how Bakugo and Deku could handle something that even Endeavor is having issues with. Unless you're being sarcastic.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't think so - they got the same thing off AfO, and we know he doesn't have the same quirkset as Shiggy. I'd put money on it being a non-mechanical thing, just pure dread.

This could end with the heroes in full retreat instead, and Shiggy just elects not to chase them down for whatever reason.
I can actually see it - considering it would look even more damaging for the heroes/heroes reputation if they retreat with their tails between their legs. Plus it will indicate to the Comissison that the Heroes can't stop Shigaraki

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Get them all Shigi. It's your time to shine. Aizawa unfortunately will only lose his quirk.

With Dekus and Bakugos conversation this chapter I hope for Bakugo eating dust or him being the reason a teacher or another hero dies. Bakugo is too famous to be killed off unfortunately.

Maybe Aizawa will get dequirked and then almost get killed, pres Mic will protect him and die and then Bakugo and Deku will arrive and witness him dieing and Aizawa being broken. I need my suffering.

Endevaor has plot shield.

AkaiShiki

Dec 28, 2019
Just read the latest chapter.
Mangaplus cutting all these beautiful double pages... Ugh
When are they going to fix this ? It's so annoying.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Reading these chapters it us pretty evident Endeavor has plot armor for now.

I can see Aizawa losing his quirk but I dont see him dying. Everyone else apart from the main cast are likely fucked.

Nov 14, 2017
Shiggy will attempt to dequirk Aizawa and Present Mic will block the shot.

Vigilantes gave a tragic backstory to Aizawa so why not add to the pile?

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Caught up to the manga after 40 chapters. It's really good. The story actually has stakes now and the art has been phenomenal.

Aizawa will probably lose his quirk, but still be around to teach and guide the kids by just 'being himself' - like he told All Might to do in that one conversation when AM was feeling sorry for himself, wishing he could do more for the students.

Endeavour will be around until he confronts Dabi and has to choose between revenge for Hawks or the love for his 'dead' son.

bakugo is still the worst character in the history of the medium, but there may be a ray of hope.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The only one I would call a cop from the heroes is endeavor and even him I doubt

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You know AFO once tease that he could return Ragdoll quirk if he wanted

He was bullshiting right being a dick considering she was found in a tube he likely never took her quirk

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Why is the chap coming next friday?

Dunno, next Vigilantes chapter and Chapter 276 are arriving on the same day though,
maybe they have some connection, considering what's going on in both respective series.

I could see Endeavor doing something really heinous in Vigilantes, like trying to take out Pop Step/ attacking Kōichi, while at the same time in 276 protecting Bakugou/ Deku or something along those lines.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we won't get another Yakuza situation where Aizawa's taken out of the fight early on. I get that it's kind of a given that he'll be targetted very quickly due to the nature of his quirk, but I'd really love to see him get another moment to shine like he did back in USJ. Mmm, good times.

I keep forgetting that Shigaraki's cape is supposed to be red. I don't like it. Haven't seen the movie yet either but I recall seeing some clips showing him wearing a red coat. It's not a good look on him, at least not the shades of red I've seen used. It ought to be black or something close, like a very dark purple, maybe?
You know AFO once tease that he could return Ragdoll quirk if he wanted

He was bullshiting right being a dick considering she was found in a tube he likely never took her quirk
You think they cloned the quirk instead or something? That would explain why she's in a tube, I suppose... I wonder if that'll hold any relevance.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we won't get another Yakuza situation where Aizawa's taken out of the fight early on. I get that it's kind of a given that he'll be targetted very quickly due to the nature of his quirk, but I'd really love to see him get another moment to shine like he did back in USJ. Mmm, good times.

I keep forgetting that Shigaraki's cape is supposed to be red. I don't like it. Haven't seen the movie yet either but I recall seeing some clips showing him wearing a red coat. It's not a good look on him, at least not the shades of red I've seen used. It ought to be black or something close, like a very dark purple, maybe?

You think they cloned the quirk instead or something? That would explain why she's in a tube, I suppose... I wonder if that'll hold any relevance.

From the sound of it, the quirk cloning process takes a lot of time, and Ragdoll wasn't really abducted for that long, so they probably shouldn't have had a copy of it. And if they did, its almost certainly dust now. Still, the whole process is a bit fuzzy, since AfO had to have had used his real quirk to get Ragdoll's quirk, but then suddenly stored it (somehow) into something and picked up his fake quirk instead, leaving the real one for later. Also they made a copy of Twice's somehow, which was weird. Like I get why the Doc would want it, but it's just sort of weird story wise that they'd have time to do that/Twice would let them.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
From the sound of it, the quirk cloning process takes a lot of time, and Ragdoll wasn't really abducted for that long, so they probably shouldn't have had a copy of it. And if they did, its almost certainly dust now. Still, the whole process is a bit fuzzy, since AfO had to have had used his real quirk to get Ragdoll's quirk, but then suddenly stored it (somehow) into something and picked up his fake quirk instead, leaving the real one for later. Also they made a copy of Twice's somehow, which was weird. Like I get why the Doc would want it, but it's just sort of weird story wise that they'd have time to do that/Twice would let them.
Hmm. Maybe they were in the process of copying it then? Oh, then again, he did steal it first so why would they need to still copy it from her then... Unless that's a natural part of the process, I suppose. Which wouldn't make much sense to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could copy Twice's quirk from one of his clones considering they get an exact copy of his quirk so it could've been something like that. I'd think Twice would be fine with it too given that it would be a means of him providing aid to the League.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AFO never had a Copy and he was just being a dick

Especially since apparently Ragdoll saved the students but AFO never used it though he probably had no reason

I'm sticking with Afo was being a dick

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AFO never had a Copy and he was just being a dick

Especially since apparently Ragdoll saved the students but AFO never used it though he probably had no reason

I'm sticking with Afo was being a dick

If you mean AfO never used Search, then he simply couldn't because he had no eyes. :P

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Caught up to the manga after 40 chapters. It's really good. The story actually has stakes now and the art has been phenomenal.

Aizawa will probably lose his quirk, but still be around to teach and guide the kids by just 'being himself' - like he told All Might to do in that one conversation when AM was feeling sorry for himself, wishing he could do more for the students.

Endeavour will be around until he confronts Dabi and has to choose between revenge for Hawks or the love for his 'dead' son.

bakugo is still the worst character in the history of the medium, but there may be a ray of hope.

Bakugo is sasuke level of annoying, but at least Sasuke had his reasons. Bakugo is just a spoiled brat that acts like an animal every time he shares some panels with Deku.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo is more annoying than Sasuke but he is better in most other aspects

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sasuke is, I think, much worse because of the way that the plot distorts around how he's a shitty person to accommodate for Naruto and Sakura's refusal to acknowledge that. Nobody really makes any bones about the fact that Bakugou's an abrasive ass, it's just that he's got the skills to mostly make up for it, and Deku doesn't take it personally. He's definitely got a reason to act the way he does, it's just not really used as an excuse, but rather, an explanation. Bakugou is every super talented kid who feels like they need to overcompensate for any perception of weakness. His relationship with Deku is shaped by that, and it's kind of exacerbated when he gets to UA and realized that he's not uniquely powerful/talented and might actually be outclassed in some respects.

They really need to more directly address the outright bullying though, either by retconning it (just chalk it up to early installment weirdness) or putting him through an actual apology arc.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
My kid reads the manga volumes. So I'll randomly send him screen shots out of context so right now he thinks Shiggy dusted Deku and Bakugo

Status
Not open for further replies.