• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Kirishima got sent flying by a Class B student so why are we acting like Kirishima vs Gigantomachia wouldn't just be anything other than a 10 second tragedy

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
David vs Goliath, Kirishima will get stronger, Mina will be there, etc. I really don't get why y'all think it's so impossible. Plus, I still haven't seen the alternative that isn't just a massive group fight which would be more impersonal

A lot of people are taking about Kirishima/Mina vs Giga is because that's the closest thing to an organic match up we've been presented with using those characters.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they don't do the corny thing of having Kirishima get eaten then busting out

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah there's no way Kirishima is beating Giga alone. Love the guy but Giga has been presented with armies and month-long fights and took no visible damage.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Giganto is most likely going to be a Deku fight when he has gotten more control of OFA

Giganto has been portrayed as someone who can fight with All Might, someone whose fought the main Villain group of the series for a month while barely taking damage or losing stamina, someone who was wrecking a city and taking no damage against a literal army, and now he's facing a army of high ranking Pro Heroes

Portrayal wise you you can make the argument that Giganto is in top 3 strongest characters of the story and he's most likely going to stay top 3 on the Villains side by the end of the story

Kirishima isn't even top 5 in Class A

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I've always seen that potential fight as a Kiri/Mina team up. Love Kiri but way less interested if Mina isn't involved tbh
I mean, they'd both get bodied lol. They'd definitely need some big power boosts imo, though of course I don't see anyone beating Giga soon since he's definitely endgame.

Giganto is most likely going to be a Deku fight when he has gotten more control of OFA

Giganto has been portrayed as someone who can fight with All Might, someone whose fought the main Villain group of the series for a month while barely taking damage or losing stamina, someone who was wrecking a city and taking no damage against a literal army, and now he's facing an army of high ranking Pro Heroes

Portrayal wise you you can make the argument that Giganto is in top 3 strongest characters of the story and he's most likely going to stay top 3 on the Villains side by the end of the story

Yeah this is where I'm at with him. He was portrayed as literally unstoppable in the MLA arc. Regardless of your numbers or time he wasn't going down

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I could see a giant version of Acidman doing the heavy lifting while Kiri could have an upgraded version of Unbreakable that's more offensive. Kiri and Mina would be tanking damage and playing the long game til Giga is tired out.
I think it's all about the circumstances of the fight. Like if Kiri and Mina find Giga at full power? Shut the hell up there's zero chance they win. But after being worn down by like... 3 other heroes and with 4 other 1-A classmates helping them? Then I believe it. Lets not forget that Endeavor, the strongest hero in the series right now, barely beat 1 High End Nomu with help. Giga is like 100 Nomus. They'll probably just have Shinso do his thing (which would be lame but it make sense)

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean, they'd both get bodied lol. They'd definitely need some big power boosts imo, though of course I don't see anyone beating Giga soon since he's definitely endgame.
Obviously. But I can see it.

Giganto has been portrayed as someone who can fight with All Might, someone whose fought the main Villain group of the series for a month while barely taking damage or losing stamina, someone who was wrecking a city and taking no damage against a literal army, and now he's facing a army of high ranking Pro Heroes

So you don't think Kirishima and Mina could take him based on how he's been portrayed? Which is fair, I don't either. However, I ain't talking about right now. When it is time to take down Giga, I still see those two as the endgame. Certainly not Deku, who has even less of a connection to Giga and would feel more like a requirement than anything.

The power creep wouldn't even have to be that ridiculous. It just needs to be believable they could hang with him, not be stronger. It's all going to come down to how it's written. Spider-Man beat Juggernaut once, hell he beat Firelord, a herald of Galactus.

I don't see outside the realm of possibility at all, but maybe I'm looking at it different
I think it's all about the circumstances of the fight. Like if Kiri and Mina find Giga at full power? Shut the hell up there's zero chance they win. But after being worn down by like... 3 other heroes and with 4 other 1-A classmates helping them? Then I believe it. Lets not forget that Endeavor, the strongest hero in the series right now, barely beat 1 High End Nomu with help. Giga is like 100 Nomus. They'll probably just have Shinso do his thing (which would be lame but it make sense)
Oh yeah, a straight up one on two is more of a harder pill. But the circumstances and conditions of said fight are important. A tired or weakened Giga who suddenly has to worry about a giant acid man and someone who won't break no matter how hard he smashes? I can see it. Especially if said acid can really fuck him up or the win conditions for the fight aren't KOing him but stalling or tiring him out

Idk about Giga being a 100 nomus. Certainly not high ends. I wouldn't call Giga a thinking man, I don't see his intelligence working in his favor. That high end's greatest asset was his intelligence. That might as well not even be a factor for Giga. He's just stupid big and strong.

Beyond him wrecking a mentally drained league that's much weaker than they are now he's been playing dynasty warriors against fodder. Which is impressive, but it's still fodder

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kirishima will unlock some kind of new upgrade, like Unbreakable Unlimited or some shit like that. Giga will get washed. Truthfacts.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It would probably require an entire team, maybe most of 1-A and 1-B with some Pros thrown in there, but I'd like to think Kirishima's main contribution to a team battle against Machia will be that he'll block some devastating attack that no one else would've been able to stop.

Of course, this would be in the future where they're already much stronger, etc. The idea's obviously never been about their current states.
It's pretty obvious that Hori has plans for Shinso.

Wonder what they are
Mineta dies from some stray attack next chapter. Shinso brings the class roster back up to 20. Simple as that.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Shinso could just solo Machina by talking shit about Shiggy in his direction or asking him a question using Shiggy's voice, and then make him wreak havoc on the rest of the league. Like, holy shit is that Quirk busted.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Shinso could just solo Machina by talking shit about Shiggy in his direction or asking him a question using Shiggy's voice, and then make him wreak havoc on the rest of the league. Like, holy shit is that Quirk busted.
We need Shinso vs Dabi.

how long can dabi go without a big speech as a reply.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I hope this arc we get some kind of info on just who (or what exactly) Giga is, kinda crazy that, apart from being able to house multiple quirks without being modified,
we know next to nothing about him.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Speaking of which, Tomura told Giga to bring everyone and we saw his hand without redestro?
Does it seem more likely they are ditching the MLA"?

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
You ever notice how All Might doesn't have eyebrows in his true form, but has eyebrows in Muscle Form?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The regular source for leaks said it's coming soon

I'm seeing that the title is called "Reunion" though that could still be wrong.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Looks like it ends with Shigaraki deciding he needs to use the bullets on Aizawa. Hell of a cliffhanger

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can make of the broken translated spoilers...

MHA 275: Second Encounter

Midoriya's new baseline for OFA is 30% and able to get to 45% in short bursts

Shigaraki uses a radio wave quirk to disrupt the heroes comms
Shigaraki reaches Midoriya

Gran Torino arrives to get Midoriya out of dodge; Ryukyu & Aizawa arrive to face down Shiggy

Shigaraki uses the visions of death on the heroes like All for One did to the kids at Kamino

Cliffhanger is Shigaraki about to use a quirk destroying bullet on Aizawa, break next week

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
EXCUSE ME WHAT THE FUCK

MIDORIYA AND BAKUGO PARTIALLY DUSTED

HORI WHAT IS THAT SPREAD

OK, that's gotta be the vision of death thing, good lord that scared the shit outta me

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah it's a quirk AfO used before, it's pretty fucked up. They were dead if it wasn't for Gran Torino. Old man pulling weight this arc.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a quirk AfO used before, it's pretty fucked up. They were dead if it wasn't for Gran Torino. Old man pulling weight this arc.

Yeah, I wouldn't have posted that message to begin with but when I first saw the scan I mistook Midoriya for Aizawa and given how gleefully sadistic Pineapple has been the last hour especially regarding Aizawa I thought Hori actually killed off Aizawa and crippled Bakugo right off the bat, hence the hastily edited freak out there.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of Midoriya/Bakugo childhood flashbacks this chapter apparently...

for whatever that's foreshadowing...

EDIT:

275: Second Encounter / Encounter 2

Midoriya can use One for All consistently at 30%, but can raise it to 45% for short bursts / impacts

Shigaraki notices the heroes are using comms, so he combines "Air Palm" and "Reception" and unleashes a shockwave from his AFO palms to knock down the heroes comms

Midoriya and Bakugo have visions of death ala Kamino

Gran Torino arrives and drags Midoriya away from Shigaraki

Ryukyu and Aizawa arrive.

Aizawa: "Crust, I won't let your sacrifice be in vain" / "I'm going to pay forward your sacrifice"

Aizawa to Shigaraki: "Don't talk down to my students!"
Shigaraki then feels around in his pocket for the quirk destroying bullets.
Shigaraki: "How admirable, Eraserhead"

Break next week.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The callbacks in this chapter sweet Jesus. Shigaraki even says the same thing about Eraserhead that he did in USJ. Incredible chapter. It's about to go down

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
With all these teases and flags piling on one after another these last couple chapters, hopefully we finally get some kind of payoff when we come back from break. Dabi reveals his name, Eraserhead gets shot, Bakugo dies, I'll take anything really.

Shiggy finally waking up was cool, but I'm not the biggest fan of this game of tag he's been playing right after.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hnng. I've been so stressed today I might just click on those spoilers as a way to destress, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.