• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe that Uravity would get killed. Would be a shame since she hasn't gotten as much development time as other characters. Could see her coming in to stop someone from hitting the ground.

If any student goes here, which is probably a very slim chance, it's Bakugo. Bakugo or sugar guy teleported I'm out of nowhere.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to believe that Uravity would get killed. Would be a shame since she hasn't gotten as much development time as other characters. Could see her coming in to stop someone from hitting the ground.

If anyone student goes here it's Bakugo (which would be surprising).

He's not killing the number one popular character in the manga.

Ochako instead, is either dying, saving deku or revealed as the traitor now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ochako wont die for the simple fact that Toga exists
Ochako dieing now after Toga being built up as her nemesis is like killing Todoroki before him facing Dabi
So in a way Bakugo has a bigger chance of being killed because he has no endgame opponent as of now
Didn't everyone hate that Froppy crying scene? I thought if it happened again people would be pissed lol
No, vocal people might make it seem like that I guess

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Shiggy not only has Search, but an inherent desire to obtain OfA, which he will soon learn Deku possesses. Def. gonna need a way to put him out of commission for a bit if Horikoshi really intends on allowing them to still attend school lmao

Nah, it wouldnt be copying, we dont even know how things would go if this happenned
I mean if it that would be copying then it is fair to say Bakugo is a Sasuke copy because both are rivals that are taken by the enemy group.

I was reading it as them implying that this would be unique due to how bold it is. Obviously it wouldn't be a literal 1:1 thing, I shouldn't even have to say that. (and unlike MHA the series I mentioned has done a much better job with hints...)

Not that it matters, I don't see it happening at all, in fact I'm not entirely sure if people are serious or not. :P

Mmm that dissappeared completely from my mind, lmao. Solid series though.

It really was, wasn't it

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I really liked this set-up for getting Deku and Bakugo involved. This didn't rush in recklessly because shit was going down or anything like that, Izuku realized he was a target and did the sensible thing to prevent casualties.

Ochako being the traitor would be crazy, but it sure isn't happening.
If you only make arcs like this with no set up they have no impact
100% this

That's why I dropped Black Clover a while back. So much fighting, so little impact.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was reading it as them implying that this would be unique due to how bold it is. Obviously it wouldn't be a literal 1:1 thing, I shouldn't even have to say that. (and unlike MHA the series I mentioned has done a much better job with hints...)

Not that it matters, I don't see it happening at all, in fact I'm not entirely sure if people are serious or not. :P
I know, I said it 2 posts above you, but there is a difference between copying and not being unique
Also even if the series had a better job with hints it did a mediocre job solving matter so unless Horikoshi screws things up it should be done better here

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I've on the Ochako traitor theory train for awhile now so I do hope that's where this is going
Ochako wont die for the simple fact that Toga exists
Ochako dieing now after Toga being built up as her nemesis is like killing Todoroki before him facing Dabi
So in a way Bakugo has a bigger chance of being killed because he has no endgame opponent as of now

No, vocal people might make it seem like that I guess
There actually isn't that much build up fight wise besides both of them liking the same guy and Toga being jealous of her, and all that that could just be used for a arc of Toga trying to be Ochako instead

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo going to take a bullet for Deku isn't he?

Or Endy takes it for both of them

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So Shiggy not only has Search, but an inherent desire to obtain OfA, which he will soon learn Deku possesses. Def. gonna need a way to put him out of commission for a bit if Horikoshi really intends on allowing them to still attend school lmao

It really was, wasn't it

How can Horikoshi justify not having Shigaraki focus on deku and the UA kids at all times if he literally can track them? something big is happening...

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Baku is the most popular character in the manga. Horikoshi would have balls of steel to kill him off. Even Ochako would be super major.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There actually isn't that much build up fight wise besides both of them liking the same guy and Toga being jealous of her, and all that that could just be used for a arc of Toga trying to be Ochako instead

I feel like the fandom in general loves to overrate the build-up/tension between characters. Like Giganto and Kirishima/Mina for example. Toga and Uraraka is a little better, but there's still not much meat to it atm.

Obvious exception is Dabi and the Todorokis though.

Is it bad i would rather Bakugou die then him being de-quirked

Meh, no one really wants to see him mope around for 100 chapters, so I don't blame you.

I hope if it happens, it's not like that. Felt like that was handled in like 4 chapters.

Right now if it's still a thing, I just want it to be something where I can look back and see any hints I missed.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for quirkless Baku, it'd be huge.

Like, huge karma energy for all the damage he did to Deku all those years, finally switching places. It could lead to a huge development of his character in the series. I can also see Shiggy doing that and not decay him as a way of punishment for rejecting the offer of joining the MVA when he could.

I'm in, do it Hori.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like the fandom in general loves to overrate the build-up/tension between characters. Like Giganto and Kirishima/Mina for example. Toga and Uraraka is a little better, but there's still not much meat to it atm.

Obvious exception is Dabi and the Todorokis though.

Meh, no one really wants to see him mope around for 100 chapters, so I don't blame you.

Right now if it's still a thing, I just want it to be something where I can look back and see any hints I missed.
I feel him outright dying would work better in the story then him being de-quirked but that's just my opinion

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone getting their Quirk taken away at this point would just feel super pointless

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone getting their Quirk taken away at this point would just feel super pointless

I'm in for quirkless Baku, it'd be huge.

Like, huge karma energy for all the damage he did to Deku all those years, finally switching places. It could lead to a huge development of his character in the series. I can also see Shiggy doing that and not decay him as a way of punishment for rejecting the offer of joining the MVA when he could.

I'm in, do it Hori.

Main reason I don't care for it is that we're still waiting on Mirio to get his quirk back lol

I feel him outright dying would work better in the story then him being de-quirked but that's just my opinion

If Mirio hadn't lost his quirk already, I'd disagree. But if he has, so yea, don't really want a retread. At least, not with Bakugo anyways. If you want to use it on Endeavor or something, sure, go for it.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the potential for Bakugo development far exceeds whatever the story could gain by him being killed. Shonen really, rarely handles death and mourning in any meaningful way so it'd be just a lot of potential erased for a shocking moment (and probably would alienate like the whole japanese mha fanbase too).

Just the potential of Baku having to deal with becoming what Deku was at the beginning of the manga is too interesting. Mirio is a non factor, i doubt we'll see him in a long time, Baku instead is a core character and the most popular one.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like Endeavour losing his quirk would make more sense than Bakugou. It could cripple him leading to his death at the hands of Dabi

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the potential for Bakugo development far exceeds whatever the story could gain by him being killed. Shonen really, rarely handles death and mourning in any meaningful way so it'd be just a lot of potential erased for a shocking moment (and probably would alienate like the whole japanese mha fanbase too).

Just the potential of Baku having to deal with becoming what Deku was at the beginning of the manga is too interesting. Mirio is a non factor, i doubt we'll see him in a long time, Baku instead is a core character and the most popular one.

I feel the same way tbh

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See in my head the Dabi stuff was gonna be for Todoroki to deal with. Like I assume the plot is gonna kill the strongest hero after his "redemption" for maximum feels. Maybe he gets finished off by Dabi?

The thing is, Dabi is Endeavour's fault. I'm not sure he can ever truly be redeemed as long as his oldest son, who he tortured and presumably caused the "death" of, is running around with the belief that all heroes are unworthy hypocrites because of what Endeavour did to him as a child.

Which we can sympathise with, right? The second most revered hero in Japan, who so many look up to, is actually a terrible human being that tortured his own wife and children - a family he never truly loved and only had because he wanted to create the perfect quirk.

That relationship between Endeavour and Dabi is too good not to explore and Shoto being caught in the middle of that is even better, since I'm gonna assume Endeavour is the only one who knows what happened to Toya. Just when the Todoroki family finally seemed to be finding some semblance of a relationship, Dabi could shatter it.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So is someone else going after bakudeku? It has to be Shoto cuz Dabi is incoming. Also bakugo will not die/lose his quirk as he is too popular. I think Endy is losing it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We know OFA can be transferred but I wonder if Deku could theoretically splinter one of the seven quirks.

Not saying Bakugo would be dequirked, his Explosion is too synonymous with the character and I don't think anything Deku hasn't unlocked yet would really suit him, but who knows if that'll come into play.

I will say if Endeavor takes a bullet for Bakugo that's going to completely cripple his morale. That's the second time he'd be indirectly responsible for a number one hero having to hang up the cape. He already has to bear the burden of All Might on his shoulders, that's bad enough.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is a mistake to assume Horikoshi would do something because x character is popular or not.
The first person she was able to use the quirk was ochako, she faced ochako in the forest, there is her impersonating ochako. I dunno, i think it is pretty obvious Toga is Ochako's endgame opponent

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I got an aversion to the idea of Ochako being the one to bite it, if only because of the whole "Women's in Refrigeration" trope. Like, it's bad enough she doesn't get the development that her male classmates do, but then to kill her off on top of it just to service Deku's development would leave a really bad taste in my mouth.

Much as it would make the Japanese fandom rage, I think Bakugo being the one to die or lose his quirk would make the more narrative sense. Hell, with him being hyped up by the public so much as a prodigy it would even drive it home harder how Hero Society gets destroyed because of this operation.

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, Dabi is Endeavour's fault. I'm not sure he can ever truly be redeemed as long as his oldest son, who he tortured and presumably caused the "death" of, is running around with the belief that all heroes are unworthy hypocrites because of what Endeavour did to him as a child.

Which we can sympathise with, right? The second most revered hero in Japan, who so many look up to, is actually a terrible human being that tortured his own wife and children - a family he never truly loved and only had because he wanted to create the perfect quirk.

That relationship between Endeavour and Dabi is too good not to explore and Shoto being caught in the middle of that is even better, since I'm gonna assume Endeavour is the only one who knows what happened to Toya. Just when the Todoroki family finally seemed to be finding some semblance of a relationship, Dabi could shatter it.
Hrm... okay Endeavor losing his Quirk but staying alive would be interesting. You've convinced me

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it'd just be copying
Assassination Classroom
I mean, it'd finally make her relevant, but eh, I dunno about that.
Been a while since I've seen that, but I remember it being over and done with in like a single episode lol. Didn't have much impact all things considered.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hrm... okay Endeavor losing his Quirk but staying alive would be interesting. You've convinced me

I'm not even sure he needs to lose his Quirk. He needs to choose to retire. He can't call himself a hero after the things he's done and it doesn't matter how much he tries to atone for what he did - just being a hero justifies everything Dabi hates about him and hero society as a whole.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Been a while since I've seen that, but I remember it being over and done with in like a single episode lol. Didn't have much impact all things considered.
I don't know if in the anime it was addressed in that way, sicne I have only read the manga. Bu I found that reveal perfectly done in the manga with a very good arc, and in all the next re-readings made me try to see any detail hinting to that reveal. But maybe it is just me, since I put that manga in my top 3 of all the time, and I understand it isn't something may would agree with me.
And maybe it is the reason why I hope Ochako is the traitor - it would be a great opportunity for her character development.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if in the anime it was addressed in that way, sicne I have only read the manga. Bu I found that reveal perfectly done in the manga with a very good arc, and in all the next re-readings made me try to see any detail hinting to that reveal. But maybe it is just me, since I put that manga in my top 3 of all the time, and I understand it isn't something may would agree with me.
And maybe it is the reason why I hope Ochako is the traitor - it would be a great opportunity for her character development.
It was a good reveal don't get me wrong, it's just that I remember things going back to the status quo almost immediately. If MHA did something similar I can't imagine it getting brushed off like that so quickly.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The reveal was well done, what came after that was meh
It was a good reveal don't get me wrong, it's just that I remember things going back to the status quo almost immediately. If MHA did something similar I can't imagine it getting brushed off like that so quickly.
This

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure he needs to lose his Quirk. He needs to choose to retire. He can't call himself a hero after the things he's done and it doesn't matter how much he tries to atone for what he did - just being a hero justifies everything Dabi hates about him and hero society as a whole.
But I think he needs to have an All Might moment to the world after losing just to establish Shigaraki as a huge threat. And none of the kids have a position like that in the story. Him choosing to retire would be a tad too similar to All Might for me. The Dabi thing coming out and him just fucking off to who knows where could be a cool spin on the All Might moment.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
You're right about the fact that status quo almost went back immediately, but that event was what made Korosensei tell his story to everyone, so it had a great impact in how the story continued. Besides, Kayano was almost a secondary character, despite appearing in many covers, with respect to Ochaco who had greater moments in MHA. So, if she is the traitor, I would expect something even more eventful (but I admit it wouldn't be so easy to motivate her being a traitor, maybe money?).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any of the students die here, but I could see Bakugou getting dequirked.

And I think Ochako is following them, and is the traitor, but I don't think she'll be joining the villains here. My guess is, if she's the traitor, it was a transactional thing. Her family needs money, they gave her money for information, but she stopped a while back. But she'll get called out here and it'll be appropriately dramatic.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
tenor.gif

(When the chapter ends with Deku and Bakugo teaming up to help fight Shigaraki)

Yoooooooooooo! Yoooooooooooo! Are we here right now? Are we getting the classic Shonen rival team up fight? Because that shit is my fetish.

Hori has been knocking it out of the park lately. The fight between Shiggy and Endeavor was ridiculously flashy and I can't wait to see it animated. That one scene where Endeavor spins around and the panel actually bends to accommodate him, or the panel of Shiggy with his face half burnt off was
tenor.gif

I guess it's been true for a while, but Shiggy has really come into his own. Really liked seeing his new abilities in the midst of battle, more options work for him. While Shiggy should have a ton of OP quirks I think he will stick to quirks that are easier to use. Realistically some of the quirks he has should have harder learning curves then others, so I can see that being an advantage the heroes can exploit. Either way, I'm more excited about Shiggy then I've ever been

Why I'm not surprised you guys think Bakugo or Uraraka could die lol. There's 0% chance. Less than 0%. There's a better chance of Bakugo becoming quirkless or Uraraka being the traitor tbh. Though with Mirio still being quirkless I doubt Hori would use that quirk bullet plot device in the exact same way. Though if it did happen it would be interesting to see how Bakugo handles it

I'm starting to think Endeavor might not make it out of this thing. If Bakugo and Deku team up with him to help and things get bad, he'd prioritize their safety over his. I could easily see him taking a fatal blow or quirk bullet for either, doubly so if Todoroki is the third star that broke off(though it's probably Uraraka). Besides the fact that killing any of the main three right now destroys their arcs, narratively it makes more sense to me for Endeavor to make some kind of sacrifice for them. One, because his still on his redemption arc and two, because Hori spent the last arc establishing a closer relationship with Endeavor and the main trio so a situation like that would have maximum impact. The only question is how would that play out with the Dabi stuff.

-Bakugo has definitely grown, and I think this chapter is an excellent example. He immediately recognizes the danger same as Deku, and realizes as a keeper of the secret it's his duty as a hero to protect Deku and help him make sure no one else gets caught up in the battle. It's just a few panels but it was nice seeing them be on the exact same page. Can't wait for Deku and Bakugo to do some DBZ shit in the upcoming chapters
0da1e00997d4e3b74ff40d06b7e3cf6a.gif

-R.I.P. Shiggy's drip. Damn Endeavor for burning the best outfit Shigaraki ever have. Too bad he can't regenerate his clothes

-Will one of the students die? Will Endeavor? How will Giga, Dabi, and the rest of the league factor into things? Was there another hero that followed behind Deku and Kacchan? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

Whew boy things are getting intense

Nov 15, 2018
Koda's the only 1-A missing on the last few pages. The 3rd star must be him.

Also why are people expecting Ochako to be the traitor all of a sudden? We've seen her inner thoughts like 50 times, she only thinks about being a hero and Deku.

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me Deku has secretly been learning how to float because it'll be annoying if he hadn't learned to use at least one new Quirk

Status
Not open for further replies.