• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed, since Shigaraki can choose what he will and won't decay now, he purposely have chosen to not decay the cape.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I also like how he still doesn't grab the phone normally, must be a reflex for him after doing it all his life

I've been rewatching clips from the anime as I tend to do when I'm hyped about the series and it's interesting how All For One is so welcoming to the League as allies of Shigaraki. Specifically, it's the moment when he stops and addresses Magne by name and explains what he's doing to them. Ultimately I know it's insignificant but if we do get that prison break arc a discussion between Redestro and All For One would be especially interesting.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The man is stylish as fuck, now, yeah.

5oHwz3y.png

Dude's even got an X on his chest, the X-men parallels have got to be intentional.

Also, I gotta give some props to Horikoshi, toga's legit full-body naked in that shot with the giant hand coming up out of the ground and damn, I didn't even notice until a reread. Looks scary as hell.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The man is stylish as fuck, now, yeah.

5oHwz3y.png

Dude's even got an X on his chest, the X-men parallels have got to be intentional.

Also, I gotta give some props to Horikoshi, toga's legit full-body naked in that shot with the giant hand coming up out of the ground and damn, I didn't even notice until a reread. Looks scary as hell.
Dude even looks buff now. Say what you will about his development as a villain and his goals, but you can't deny he's looking better and better over time.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, it really has exited my mind how bad Shigaraki's costume was. Like the hands are cool, but beyond that, its a black shirt with black sweat pants, blending into each other. I mean, it fit him and his character at the time to be dressed like that, but it still was dumb.

Also, upon reflection, X-Less probably did worse than not doing anything at all by blowing up the anti-quirk bullets. While Endeavor wouldn't know about the bullets, if they were still in play, they'd someone associated with the Yazuka raid like Ryukyu or Lock Rock or Deku (if they saw them) would know they could use those to potentially beat Shigaraki. With AfO's quirk, Shiggy wouldn't even want to use the bullets anyways, since he could just take troublesome quirks for himself, depowering people that he's not dusting that way.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, it really has exited my mind how bad Shigaraki's costume was. Like the hands are cool, but beyond that, its a black shirt with black sweat pants, blending into each other. I mean, it fit him and his character at the time to be dressed like that, but it still was dumb.

Also, upon reflection, X-Less probably did worse than not doing anything at all by blowing up the anti-quirk bullets. While Endeavor wouldn't know about the bullets, if they were still in play, they'd someone associated with the Yazuka raid like Ryukyu or Lock Rock or Deku (if they saw them) would know they could use those to potentially beat Shigaraki. With AfO's quirk, Shiggy wouldn't even want to use the bullets anyways, since he could just take troublesome quirks for himself, depowering people that he's not dusting that way.
If the result of the majority of the bullets being destroyed means Shigaraki is just gonna wild out and not give a fuck for the next few chapters then I'm support it. I imagine after this arc is over and some kind of time skip happens, Quirk erasing will become a commonplace tool for the villains. But I'm also afraid that, once Eri controls her powers, none of the bullet shit will matter (which the series keeps suggesting WILL happen)

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
If the result of the majority of the bullets being destroyed means Shigaraki is just gonna wild out and not give a fuck for the next few chapters then I'm support it. I imagine after this arc is over and some kind of time skip happens, Quirk erasing will become a commonplace tool for the villains. But I'm also afraid that, once Eri controls her powers, none of the bullet shit will matter (which the series keeps suggesting WILL happen)

It just doesn't make sense though that he'd want them around at all though. As a secondary effect of his new quirk, he erases powers awyways. So if he doesn't want to turn someone to dust, but also doesn't want them to be a threat, he can just steal it from them. And he probably wouldn't want other good quirks out there from being destroyed, since he could just take them for himself.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The time for spoils is now

All I've seen so far is we see the fight, Shigaraki can regen and this is seemingly shown by Endeavor burning off Shiggy's face. Hardcore lmao. Looks like he might not have any more offensive quirks since he's still only trying Decay.

Chapter ends with Deku looking over the rubble and seeing the fire from the fight int he distance and likely going towards it.

Last edited:

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If that is true then things are escalating way quicker than I expected. God damn.

This is going to be absolute pandemonium in a few chapters.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Bro that scene with Ragdoll is just salt on the wound lmao, I really hope the other Pussycats are alive cause that ain't right if they are dead.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
This is a big moment because Shigaraki is only now seeing that Deku has One For All

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So, whose losing their quirk?
I feel like it has to be Endeavor. Shigaraki doesn't actually have the means shoot the bullet right now but someone could when Giga brings whoever he's bringing. If he brings Dabi then I think there would be nothing he'd like more than to rob Endeavor of his quirk. It's a real mystery rn.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Thinking about it - even if Shigaraki and the PLF loose and are forced to flee - Izuku is still in real danger as Shigaraki knows Deku has OFA and is the sucessor to All-Might's legacy now and now he has the drive to obtain or destory OFA at all costs meaning he will likely go after Izuku. I think ultimately this arc is going to end with Izuku ultimately deciding to tell everyone about OFA and the UA students can't go back to UA tradiontally due to the risk presented by Shigaraki and will be trained through a different manner - likely maybe an underground training facility

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So shiggy wants OFA? Also, I think Shoto is going to join. I mean, Dabi is going there and plus, Deku can't fly either

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
So shiggy wants OFA? Also, I think Shoto is going to join. I mean, Dabi is going there and plus, Deku can't fly either
I mean he's definetly getting float this arc

Keeping the relationship between All for One and One for All a secret is just going to hinder Deku in the long run now Shigaraki knows who he is and now wants OFA so i definetly see Deku revealing everything soon

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
NGL, this has last arc vibes. I mean, with Demon Slayer and TPN ending recently, I wouldn't be surprised

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't see why anyone would assume this is the end - Deku still has 4 quirks to discover plus is at 45% OFA - if anything this is the Act 2 of MHA

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Deku and Bakugo vs Shigaraki, I can't see this ending well, I could see Bakugo dying here actually

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the spoilers it really seems to underscore that Shiggy might have more powerful quirks now than ever but his actual experience in battle is still third-rate compared to the top heroes. He's basically a tank at this point; crazy destructive capabilities but largely unwieldy.

Not sure I'm a fan of the idea that Deku's OFA might be something that gets disclosed beyond Shigaraki's knowledge of it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Japanese Raws are out - Shigaraki is definetly going after AFO and there is going to be a conflict between him and Deku/Bakugou and that's not even counting for the fact the PLF are on their way to Shigaraki's location

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
so far the confirmed quirks Shigaraki has are
1. Decay
2. All for One
3. Regeneration
4. Force (the shit he blasted endeavor with and used to jump, seems to function like bakugo's explosion)
5. Search(Ragdoll's quirk)

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deku and Bakugo vs Shigaraki, I can't see this ending well, I could see Bakugo dying here actually

Don't be silly.

If anything, Endeavour is hinting that Deku needs someone like Bakugo to help fight Shigaraki. Deku is at his strongest in melee combat, but if Shigaraki touches you it's over. As Endeavour seems to prove, Shigaraki actually not as strong against ranged attacks and it may well be up to Bakugo to create the openings Deku will need to land a hit safely.

Teamwork, yo.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
After Midoriya and Bakugo take off to lead Shigaraki away, he uses Search again. You can see Midoriya's and Bakugo's 'stars' rushing away from the rest, but there's a third one that has also left the main group that's a bit behind our duo. Somebody else broke off and is going after them. Likely either Todoroki or Uraraka. I'm assuming all the stars are 1-A kids leftover in the quirk from Ragdoll's use of it at the training camp, so in theory it could be Iida or Tsuyu or Koda or Manga lmao. But let's be real it's Todoroki or Uraraka.

So looks like we're setting up for Endeavor, Midoriya and Bakugo vs. Shigaraki with one of the other kids entering mid-fight.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
After Midoriya and Bakugo take off to lead Shigaraki away, he uses Search again. You can see Midoriya's and Bakugo's 'stars' rushing away from the rest, but there's a third one that has also left the main group that's a bit behind our duo. Somebody else broke off and is going after them. Likely either Todoroki or Uraraka. I'm assuming all the stars are 1-A kids leftover in the quirk from Ragdoll's use of it at the training camp, so in theory it could be Iida or Tsuyu or Koda or Manga lmao. But let's be real it's Todoroki or Uraraka.

So looks like we're setting up for Endeavor, Midoriya and Bakugo vs. Shigaraki with one of the other kids entering mid-fight.
Am torn on who I want to follow them, on the one hand I want to Shoto to go, especially if it involves Endeavor, but Uraraka DESPERATELY needs some development.

Also that new 'force ' quirk Shigaraki has is cool, wonder if it's the air cannon quirk AFO was rocking at Kamino.

Status
Not open for further replies.