• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People talking about Endeavor getting rolled over by Shiggy and the assembled League are kinda burying the lede imo. I doubt the students are just gonna stand back and watch him get screwed on this one. They were already forced to witness him eating dirt during the High-End fight. I don't see us merely getting a repeat of that, except with him losing this time.

Could he still die? Sure, but out of the three last battles against "major" villains (AFO, Overhaul, High-End), the students were sidelined for all but one. Deku in particular is probably not getting sidelined for this, especially since he's already had a premonition, and if this is Endeavor's final battle, then I really wouldn't be surprised if Shoto gets in on the action this time for a dad-son team up, given how he was clearly the most upset about having to watch Endeavor fight High-End and not being able to do anything about it. We're gonna be here for a little while longer I'd wager. Tokoyami jumping into save Hawks was only the beginning. It's time to bust out of the shadows, put on the big boy pants, and work for a living.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah I would use this moment to gather the commanders and the kids in one place to begin the set-up for the endgame matchups.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There are some chapters Horikoshi just like to remind us how good he is at drawing hands and this was one
The panel with Toga and Machia's hand behind is really good

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I hope we're not done with the mansion, I want to see Toga and Giganto destroy all the Heroes there

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Toga just put *how many* bodies in the ground? Jesus.

Damn good chapter. Shit just keeps getting worse for the heroes. Endeavor vs. Shiggy makes a lot of sense as a matchup, but it does mean that we're unlikely to get the climactic Dabi reveal right now, doesn't it? Unless he shows up and like, whispers it to a dying Endeavor or something. But I'd always figured that it'd happen on live TV, so we'll see. I think maybe Endeavor loses but gets away.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
CfTgid_apdNuRfIRTQsC9JPsCnp_h6AEoFIfvgZ2uH4WDlb_HptftQ-PC4OwZJHOH-TmzKt_FHSnJ05At8uxjpGNert8hExCHC4YBh_qL6DwTX2kNGI6J5ryF973npGt8rj3YjD12cFiv7xKkFrFUhLkZac

(Shiggy was a whole vibe this chapter)

Definitely heading into act 2 of this arc. Interesting that neither Deku or Todoroki was able to do much to stem the tide of Decay. As if Shiggy needed to be more OP, looks like it's not easy to brute force counter his quirk.

Serious Akira vibes with the Shiggy panels this week. That landscape was appropriately apocalyptic. I'm glad we got some more info on the changes to his quirk too, being able to touch things without decaying them is def an upgrade. Shiggy's "To me, Machia" seemed like a callback to the famous X-men line, "To me, My X-men" that Prof X and Cyclops like to use, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Poor Toga. Sucks that Twice died but he had to go. Maybe the murder spree she went on will quell some of y'alls bloodlust lol. Hori's art continues to impress. That panel with the massive handwas pretty clean.

But yooooo, that ending panel. First off the drip on Shiggy is off the charts, truly Dio level fashion. With his new outfit, I can't help but see Shigaraki as a much younger Magneto.

f945a64ff48e9f9178e7c6d592442440.jpg

Not a 1:1, but it was the first thing I thought of.

Things with Endeavor could go either way. I think he'll hold his own against Shiggy until Giga and the others show up. But, after that, who knows. He could very well met his end here. Though I think there's also a good chance Deku, Todoroki, and the others will arrive and intervene. Exciting times!

-Deku continues to be Spider-Man with Black Whip and I can't be mad at it

-Curious how the anime will handle the Toga scene. Besides straight up slicing necks, she's also naked. In general I feel this arc is going to be heavily censored. I supposed the MVA arc in season 5 will give us a good indication of what to expect

What will go down between Shiggy and Endeavor? Will Giga or the heroes arrive there first? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like Gran Torino and Ryukyu can't be too far behind Endeavor.
Aizawa could take a ride on Ryukyu again too.
A combination of strong heroes+erasure would be enough to give Shiggy some trouble.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Also, the tremble in Shiggy's right shoulder...
Is that meant to imply there's still a bit of recoil for using his quirk too much?
A very small weakness, but one that probably wouldn't be there at all if he came out at 100%.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, that was intense. I liked that we were jumping between the different sides a lot in this one chapter. Shigaraki's powered up Decay won't stop even if the objects have already been destroyed... so doesn't that actually make it like a shockwave? Well, whatever the case, it'll be interesting to see how anyone will try to fight him. I'm pretty sure Endeavor has a good chance against him but he'll ultimately lose once the rest of the League and Machia arrive. On top of being able to stay afloat and attack from a distance, we've seen with the Hood fight that Endeavor's a pretty smart and creative fighter, so I'd expect him to have a proper strategy against an enemy he's been preparing for for some time now. Hopefully we'll see new moves from the big man. What I'm more curious about though, is how Horikoshi will make this an interesting fight from Shigaraki's side. He only has Decay right now so his fighting will still just be overwhelming power and nothing that interesting.

I'd be shocked if Endeavor met his end here, though it would also be somewhat fitting in that many abuse victims don't get the closure they need. Having Endeavor die before he's able to redeem himself or make proper amends for his past sins would be realistic, I suppose. Can't imagine Dabi would be happy with letting Shigaraki end his old man though, so I wonder if he's at least informed Shiggy that he wants to be the one to off him.

Toga letting lose is a scary thought. Especially now that she's learned how to use other people's quirks too. What was the deal with that huge hand though, was that supposed to be a quirk she copied and used or something else? Mr. Compress just watching on the sidelines is so on brand of him, lmao.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Damn, that was intense. I liked that we were jumping between the different sides a lot in this one chapter. Shigaraki's powered up Decay won't stop even if the objects have already been destroyed... so doesn't that actually make it like a shockwave?
Caleb Cook mentioned this on his twitter analysis he does every week, Ochako is commenting that the decay doesn't follow the same laws of physics as a shockwave since physical force can't be used to counter it.

Toga letting lose is a scary thought. Especially now that she's learned how to use other people's quirks too. What was the deal with that huge hand though, was that supposed to be a quirk she copied and used or something else?
The hand is Giga breaking out from underground, presumably to gather Toga.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Giga breaking out means that all the PLF members who were underground are also gonna get loose. Suddenly heroes are at a massive numbers disadvantage on top of everything else.

Phewboy. It looks like the decay might have stopped, but that's about the only thing the good guys have going for them at this point.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Caleb Cook mentioned this on his twitter analysis he does every week, Ochako is commenting that the decay doesn't follow the same laws of physics as a shockwave since physical force can't be used to counter it.
Ohh, okay, that makes sense. So it's more of this intangible wave of destruction then, huh? Sheesh. Talk about OP.
The hand is Giga breaking out from underground, presumably to gather Toga.
RIGHT. LOL. My bad. Should've been obvious. I wonder how Endeavor would do on a one-on-one against Machia. Can't imagine the heroes would be able to do much against him.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Giga breaking out means that all the PLF members who were underground are also gonna get loose. Suddenly heroes are at a massive numbers disadvantage on top of everything else.

Phewboy. It looks like the decay might have stopped, but that's about the only thing the good guys have going for them at this point.
X-Less also heroically succeeded in destroying the machine (and unknowingly the dequirk stuff) that distracted him from Shigiraki.

though I guess the heroes would have liked the dequirk tools right about now

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Here's a thought:
If the police/state become a more antagonistic force in the story after this arc, what if they employ a captive Doctor Ujiko to use his scientific knowledge for their side?
that would create a lot of tension between the heroes and the state.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about X-Less destroying most of the quirk-destroying bullets. On one hand, I'm glad the heroes won't have to worry too much about them. However, the story finally reached a point where they could mass produce the damn things but then suddenly we're right back where we were before. Nothing's changed, basically. Not committing to that disappoints me more, I suppose.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about why I like Deku less and less over time, and I think I finally got it.

There's a reason protagonists in most shows almost never have "the best character arc." They usually start and end the same, while the side character is the one that has to grow and learn. They can stick with their ideals no matter how naive and it simply works out.

That's basically been Deku so far. He's had to learn about the horrors of the world, but it ends up with him concluding he has to be an even better hero, or just reaffirms who he is.

No wonder one of Hori's potential endings was Deku giving OFA away. I think the same issue kind of applies to Shigaraki, mind - but they have tried to make him more than a beat bent on destruction. Now he's a calculated monster... bent on destruction.

Seeing that these two characters are supposed to grow in parallel to each other seems weird. And I hope that the conclusion of this arc kick-starts the growth for both characters.

It just makes no sense that Deku vs Shigaraki is only interesting because that's what's on the tin. Endeavor's arc is way more compelling. Hawks's story is way more compelling. So on and so forth.

Deku doesn't even really have a tragedy. He wanted to be a hero really badly just because, and now he has the power to do it.

Idk. Maybe Hori recognizes this, and Shigaraki is supposed to give Deku a real starting point.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1590983639896.png

Interesting theory
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about X-Less destroying most of the quirk-destroying bullets. On one hand, I'm glad the heroes won't have to worry too much about them. However, the story finally reached a point where they could mass produce the damn things but then suddenly we're right back where we were before. Nothing's changed, basically. Not committing to that disappoints me more, I suppose.
It stays most of them were destroyed so there are still some left

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, it's clear Horikoshi just didn't want the bullets mass-produced but had to come up with some way to stop them from being mass-produced. But he still left that little wiggle room for them being used and I think if he felt the need to address that there are still some Endeavor better watch out

Caleb Cook said that the phrase Shigaraki said about Overhaul would that he would be "spinning in his grave" if he saw the result (though apparently the phrase doesn't need an actual death as it does in English). I thought that was funny, Shigaraki really enjoys clowning on poor Overhaul. I fully expect if we do a prison break they're gonna laugh in Overhaul's face and leave him there.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's the point Bunkitz is making. So many chapters have gone by, and yet we're back right where we started with this hanging plot thread.

It's almost definitely for the best for the story though, so whatever I guess.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I was never the biggest fan of the bullets. Gonna be hard to top the Mirio moment anyway, so it's probably for the best they've been reduced in number. Let's Hori use them if he wants but also never touch that plot point again if he so chooses
I can def see him getting a regeneration quirk
Shiggy having a "to me my X-men" moment was hype tho
Right?!?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Shigaraki really enjoys clowning on poor Overhaul. I fully expect if we do a prison break they're gonna laugh in Overhaul's face and leave him there.
In that situation, Shiggy could just steal Overhaul's Quirk to further rub salt in the wound and then be even more ridiculously OP. While they're at it, they might as well steal Stain's and give it to Toga because why not.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh snap. Deku's gonna get an Ultraman quirk! It's exactly what they need to fight Gigantomachia!
Yeah, exactly, that's my issue with it. We're exactly where we were last time. I'd rather they do something with it or just get rid of it at this point. What they did was almost do something with it but then just stepped back and went back to normal.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Deku's going to learn how to give the other quirks away and give Ultraman to Kirishima so he can fuck up Giga in the future

If Shiggy steals Overhaul's quirk that would the funniest shit ever and more proof Hori fucking hates him

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If that theory is true here is my theory on the quirks.

Moonlight - Eyes that can give increased analysis and markmenship. Moonlight is a tricky one since he is pretty much a human but the one thing that he is known for is his extremely marksman and skill with ranged options. Giving Izuku the abilitiy to more throughly analyse his surrondings and more accurate predict where his shots are fired makes sense.

Wolverine - Limited Regeneration. I doubt we will see Izuku get claws but some sort of regeneration makes perfect sense for him considering his body.

Devilman - Hightened Mental Abilities. While this may be too similar to the Quirk i suggested for ML. This would likely affect his brain not his eyes and allow him to use both his eye quirk and his brain quirk in tandem to become a better hero.

Ultraman - Energy Projection/Energy Storing - i don't think Izuku is going to become massive,instead i think the whole energy absoprtion/energy projection quirk that allows him to charge certain parts of his body with All for One and then release it in a massive ranged attack

I bet most of the quirks aren't going to be attack based quirks but rather quirks that would augment Izuku's all-ready shown abilities. That makes sense based on what All-Might said about the OFA Quirks not being that powerful

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a TL:DR or even a link? It's just a blank box for me.
Blackwhip is a Quirk clearly inspired by Spider-Man, and the image hypothesizes that Float is inspired by Superman.
Both Spider-Man and Superman appear as silhouettes in MHA's first chapter, the part where they go through the history of quirks; "Fantasy... became reality!".
The image is basically saying that Daigoro is parallel to Spider-Man while Nana is parallel to Superman. Ergo by said logic, all the other characters that appeared on said panel will inform the OFA quirks that Deku will awake to, those being Wolverine, Moonlight Mask, Ultraman, Devilman and Kamen Rider.

The theory doesn't really hold much water to me because it doesn't match up with the number of vestiges, as well as the fact that All Might is already the Superman parallel. Even if you want to count All Might and Nana as one, the original OFA holder never had a Quirk, so it's still a mismatch.

Though that isn't to say Deku's next set of quirks won't be inspired by some of them.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine how ballsy the kids are if they go meet Shigaraki now. Hope they do, tbh. Ochako should go too.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Blackwhip is a Quirk clearly inspired by Spider-Man, and the image hypothesizes that Float is inspired by Superman.
Both Spider-Man and Superman appear as silhouettes in MHA's first chapter, the part where they go through the history of quirks; "Fantasy... became reality!".
The image is basically saying that Daigoro is parallel to Spider-Man while Nana is parallel to Superman. Ergo by said logic, all the other characters that appeared on said panel will inform the OFA quirks that Deku will awake to, those being Wolverine, Moonlight Mask, Ultraman, Devilman and Kamen Rider.

The theory doesn't really hold much water to me because it doesn't match up with the number of vestiges, as well as the fact that All Might is already the Superman parallel. Even if you want to count All Might and Nana as one, the original OFA holder never had a Quirk, so it's still a mismatch.

Though that isn't to say Deku's next set of quirks won't be inspired by some of them.
Ooh, that's a very interesting theory, also much appreciated for the type up.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't another theory be that he's going to continue getting similar quirks to his classmates?

Float = Uraraka
Black Whip = Sero

He also has super strength (Sato) and super speed (Iida).
Tbh I don't think float is similar to uraraka's quirk enough to this theory to make sense
Like Uraraka can apply her quirk to everything she touches so unless deku's float is like that too his quirk is just an inferior version of hers

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I finally caught up. So Shigaraki can just look at shit and make it decay now? Also he has a bunch of other quirks we don't know about as well? Well shit. Endeavor is done for.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I don't think float is similar to uraraka's quirk enough to this theory to make sense
Like Uraraka can apply her quirk to everything she touches so unless deku's float is like that too his quirk is just an inferior version of hers
Hence why I never said Deku's quirks were superior, just similar. Black whip isn't the exact same as Tape either, but they're similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.