• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Shiggy dusted a mountain, that's going to be covered in the news and will shake hero society/instill fear as a threat to the villains
I can't see them going back to school cuz of that

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting, Shiggy flattened a city once already. It's the beating the assembled forces of the heroes that's going to be the inciting incident here, assuming that this the final arc of the old status quo (I still think there'll be one more).

EDIT: ooooooooooh

I think the cops are going to side with the baddies. Remember that bit where they're talking about needing to seperate themselves from the heroes and take on more power? What if the PLF just... gives them that?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
As was pointed out, Shiggy literally just decimated a city. At some point you can't just simply handwave it away as unrealistic expectations, even if we don't predict everything perfectly.
Half the city. Which yeah, tomato tomato, but it's important to keep things in perspective here. There's still too many unknown variables with everything that's happening rn that I absolutely feel comfortable calling some of the expectations I've seen here unrealistic or better yet, premature
Well we're at a pivotal point where many are noticing Horikoshi could very easily do just that. And if he chooses not to, he'll have to put in a lot of effort to justify why exactly that did not happen.
I don't know about a lot of effort, but it needs to make sense for damn sure.
We'll see. This is why I keep saying I'm more interested in seeing what's next than the arc itself, as there's a lot of ways this can go.

Society falling? Sure, that'd probably be too much.

Not being unable to go to school? Really not that hard for me to picture, especially given that UA is a massive target that's already been attacked before.
We'll see. Closing U.A. because they're scared of the villains seems pretty terrible tbh. Shiggy would have to attack the school cause I don't see them bending unless Shiggy closes the school down from the shadows

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As in the status quo of them just going back to school. Obviously they can still do slice of life stuff but I legit don't think they will just be going back to UA. When I say they might go to the USA to continue their training like All Might, I wasn't joking. (it could also do a time skip type of thing but who knows)
With how much of the series has had the School Life vibe I would be shocked if they didn't go back to it in some form. Maybe not UA specifically, but the whole school life part of the series isn't going anywhere I think.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sorta? They said somebody else did it, but a city still got flattened.

Yes, and they used that as an opportunity to make Deika City look good, in that they defended it from villains. Whereas here this is now confirmed to be the work of one man, who killed some pro heroes, who also has AfO's quirk. Oh, and he also has his own army.

I don't know about a lot of effort, but it needs to make sense for damn sure.

We can agree there.

We'll see. Closing U.A. because they're scared of the villains seems pretty terrible tbh. Shiggy would have to attack the school cause I don't see them bending unless Shiggy closes the school down from the shadows

I mean... they're kids.

Yes I know this was a topic of debate after the first time they were attacked, but Shiggy is tremendously more powerful now.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am increasingly convinced that they're going to ditch the school aspect entirely. Large premise shift to accompany the timeskip, much more of a straight up superhero comic vibe. There'll still be lighter moments/chapters/arcs, but the school trappings won't fit if things shake out the way they're looking to. Kids are gonna have to grow up.

And... I think the series will be the better for it. Yeah, there's been some fun stuff, but by and large it's felt more like a restraint than an aid.

Also, funny idea, what if they demonize Shiggy in public even while he's calling the shots in private? "We need to expand the powers of the police force and abolish the old, obsolete hero system to ensure that dreaded Shiggy can't come back" all while he's running the show.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean... they're kids.

Yes I know this was a topic of debate after the first time they were attacked, but Shiggy is tremendously more powerful now.
The school has already discussed closing once before and they didn't when they had a kid in danger. If U.A. thinks they can protect their students the school is staying open. I'm pretty sure that's how the dog principal rolls

I really think Shiggy would have to target the school specifically. But it's all just my opinion lol, I do acknowledge anything could happen

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The school has already discussed closing once before and they didn't when they had a kid in danger. If U.A. thinks they can protect their students the school is staying open. I'm pretty sure that's how the dog principal rolls

I really think Shiggy would have to target the school specifically. But it's all just my opinion lol, I do acknowledge anything could happen

Yea I know, but like I said, he's tremendously more powerful lol

Before, the biggest threat was what, Nomus? In that scenario, I can understand the teachers and staff feeling like they'll defend it on their own, the LoV weren't shit back then all things considered. But now Shiggy alone can decay the entire place from a distance, and has the motivation to do so, especially if he encounters Deku again.

Even if he's knocked out/needs to recharge, what happens when he's active again?

And if he simply doesn't feel like destroying it anymore, frankly that'd feel like a cop out idk

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how anything at the school's disposal can handle the current situation in order to "protect the students".

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yea I know, but like I said, he's tremendously more powerful lol

Before, the biggest threat was what, Nomus? In that scenario, I can understand the teachers and staff feeling like they'll defend it on their own, the LoV weren't shit back then all things considered. But now Shiggy alone can decay the entire place from a distance, and has the motivation to do so, especially if he encounters Deku again.

Even if he's knocked out/needs to recharge, what happens when he's active again?

And if he simply doesn't feel like destroying it anymore, frankly that'd feel like a cop out idk
There's gotta be some kind of hard limit on Shiggy's power, or else he could decay any place from a distance, doesn't matter where they go. Hori has to set limits on Shiggy soon or just jump straight to the last arc of the series. I don't think he's ready to do that, which is why I think the school and society will mostly remain intact. Because even if they were to go underground to escape Shiggy's reach, the series would be over not much longer.

I don't think you can draw out a full Shigaraki for longer than an arc or two without it feeling like padding.

Nov 15, 2018
Seeing how this is the end of year 1, all the important character development and world changes is happening during year 2 regardless of whether heroes win or lose. I don't get why people want Horikoshi to waste that potential by doing a timeskip.

Also, AFO ruled the underworld for like 100 years. All might still went to the top hero school UA, and then to college in America. Endeavor, Best Jeanist went to UA, gruaduated, and worked as heros for decades. Society was different, but it wasn't some post-apocalyptic world. Thinking about it, majority of class 1-A's lifetime was under AFOs rule.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how this is the end of year 1, all the important character development and world changes is happening during year 2 regardless of whether heroes win or lose. I don't get why people want Horikoshi to waste that potential by doing a timeskip.

Also, AFO ruled the underworld for like 100 years. All might still went to the top hero school UA, and then to college in America. Endeavor, Best Jeanist went to UA, gruaduated, and worked as heros for decades. Society was different, but it wasn't some post-apocalyptic world. Thinking about it, majority of class 1-A's lifetime was under AFOs rule.

It's easy to tell us "X" happened than it is to show it though.

There's gotta be some kind of hard limit on Shiggy's power, or else he could decay any place from a distance, doesn't matter where they go. Hori has to set limits on Shiggy soon or just jump straight to the last arc of the series. I don't think he's ready to do that, which is why I think the school and society will mostly remain intact. Because even if they were to go underground to escape Shiggy's reach, the series would be over not much longer.

I don't think you can draw out a full Shigaraki for longer than an arc or two without it feeling like padding.

Yea we do seem to need some kind of handicap for now.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
My guess is that Shiggy going wild like he is now is his equivalent to Deku punching so hard that he breaks his arms

He's gonna need an adjustment period to get used to his newfound powers, during which the status quo won't change too drastically, but it'll have way more societal unrest and a sense of urgency to the students' training.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Feels bad for whoever has to do the press conference after this regardless of how this ends lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

AFO didn't want to destroy everything or have the perfect quirk to do so, at least from what we've seen. He was king of the underworld for a reason. Shigiraki is way more upfront and surface on what he wants to do.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Imagine the ads for the next top 10 hero special. A lot of new faces moving up since half of the last top ten are out of commission.
Honestly if hero society does stick around after this I do hope we get another chapter like the billboard chapter. Hawks, Jeanist (if he's still MIA), potentially Miruko, and crust will be gone from it. I'd be shitting myself if I was a regular citizen if I saw this so soon after the symbol of peace had to retire

This isn't even considering how many other ranked heroes were lost that we never met

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet that Shiggy won't try to just blow things up the easy way either. He's probably gonna have to grow as a villain still, beyond just having power.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I haven't really thought Of Gran Torino till this chapter but him confronting Shigaraki could be interesting

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like we were here before, thinking that the school part's gonna be over and that there'd be a time skip. Then nothing really happened. Well, we got a small time skip, but that hardly counts. Still, this does feel way more like a turning point. It is essentially the birth of a new All For One. Whether we get a time skip is still up for debate, but I'd be shocked if we returned to the school setting after this.

One minor thing that's bugging me is Gran Torino (and likely the other heroes too) thinks Shigaraki's powered up Decay is due to the enhancements he got from the doc, when it's actually just his quirk getting stronger after the MVA arc. Though I do wonder if the enhancements also include a power up aside from just giving him All For One.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we were here before, thinking that the school part's gonna be over and that there'd be a time skip. Then nothing really happened. Well, we got a small time skip, but that hardly counts. Still, this does feel way more like a turning point. It is essentially the birth of a new All For One. Whether we get a time skip is still up for debate, but I'd be shocked if we returned to the school setting after this.

One minor thing that's bugging me is Gran Torino (and likely the other heroes too) thinks Shigaraki's powered up Decay is due to the enhancements he got from the doc, when it's actually just his quirk getting stronger after the MVA arc. Though I do wonder if the enhancements also include a power up aside from just giving him All For One.
Rest of this arc, get some Deku training in, Iida focused adventure, and then big battle. Toss in a school life montage through graduation, to conclude the series. Could wrap it all up in next 100 chapters or so.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think it's time

My Hero Academia |OT3| Another One Bites The Dust

Stop reminding me of Twice's death :(

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Rest of this arc, get some Deku training in, Iida focused adventure, and then big battle. Toss in a school life montage through graduation, to conclude the series. Could wrap it all up in next 100 chapters or so.
Oh man, I so do not want this series ending soon. That seems too quick for me too, unless you meant that some of that occurs after a time skip. If we're just getting some training for Deku then I can't see the rest of the main (student) cast improving enough to at least be able to stand up against the various League members better. What I'd like to see for the final battle is for most of the main students to be able to go up against the League/PLF one-on-one if need be. Aside from Bakugo and Todoroki, of course, cause those two are already probably able to beat most of them but I'd like to see more students stepping up and getting stronger too.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Tokoyami will bear a grudge against Dabi now, maybe facing him in the final battle too. That'd be cool.
I think it's time

My Hero Academia |OT3| Another One Bites The Dust

Stop reminding me of Twice's death :(
Oh damn, I really like that. A little spoiler-y though, but... ehh, if someone comes up with something better, I can just change it.

Ought to update the OP soon too, now that I think about.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a bunch of weird conclusions people are jumping to imho

First, school doesn't need to end - UA was around while AFO ruled and before All Might was the Symbol of Peace

Second, Shiggy bring defeated doesn't mean his arc ends. Even if it did, he's probably going to do a little bit more than just walking around and destroying shit

Third, a timeskip seems super weird after we just got one. It would only serve to make the story feel even more rushed as Deku inevitably gets another quirk & all the side characters lose out on their chances to develop.

We're going to need a few more intermediate fights/hero lessons before the manga ends. Having that tossed away in a timeskip/rushed to get to the final confrontation seems like a great way to turn the story to total garbage.

Especially because much of the past few chapters have focused on the adults.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First, school doesn't need to end - UA was around while AFO ruled and before All Might was the Symbol of Peace

Again, easier to tell us that than it it to show it. The issue is more how exactly a theoretical co-existence will be shown in a way that doesn't break our suspension of disbelief.

Shiggy is also not AfO, so we'll see how that goes.

Third, a timeskip seems super weird after we just got one.

I would hardly call that a real timeskip. As in, the big ones we've seen other shounen series do after big arcs such as this. The one we just got was merely just to set up this arc since realistically it'd be pretty boring for Horikoshi to pad out the story with various arcs for several months in-universe instead of just getting straight to the point.

Doesn't mean we're owed a timeskip, but I wouldn't say it's weird at all if we were to get another one.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's important to recognize that UA entirely exists on the ideology of government control through heroes. We see this in its extremity through Hawks. If all faith in heroes is lost then heroes become useless to society as a whole, and so does UA. Why raise and teach heroes if they don't mean anything in the end? This is also the end goal of the MLA and it's why I don't agree when people say that Shigaraki's goal does not aline with them. They both want to show the phoniness of hero society and the worth of the self.

The arrival of Hero Society in the downfall of AfO was the end of a long standing struggle involving villains, heroes, and vigilantes. If Shigaraki and the PLF shatter all that Heroes stand for then UA'a continuation in the eyes of society is worthless. And the parent, or at least the mother of our main protagonist, is scared shitless of what will happen. This is a good mirror to the general society. Regardless of what happens here in this arc people are gonna be scared.

I don't really think we will cut drastically from the norm for the series, because I need to be negative here to check my own expectations, but I do think there should be a good explantation if things do go on like the norm.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The big difference is that while AfO ruled the underworld (and technically Japan) from the shadows, the hero system as we know it today still existed on some level. It just wasn't as solid. Part of Shiggy and the PLF's plan explicitly involves getting rid of it, which, on a really basic level, gets rid of UA. Why have a hero course if hero stops being a profession?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The big difference is that while AfO ruled the underworld (and technically Japan) from the shadows, the hero system as we know it today still existed on some level. It just wasn't as solid. Part of Shiggy and the PLF's plan explicitly involves getting rid of it, which, on a really basic level, gets rid of UA. Why have a hero course if hero stops being a profession?
Simple, just reverse the roles, leave the heroes working in the underground as well as an underground UA.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Simple, just reverse the roles, leave the heroes working in the underground as well as an underground UA.
Underground school feels like... I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but it'd be deeply eyeroll inducing, at least for me. The sort of thing that makes me really feel the pressure of the genre to have everything be translated to highschool rather than just being allowed to be its own thing.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Could totally see Hirokoshi cutting back to the Mansion for the next chapter but i hope they followup on Deku's kick

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Even if schools were around back during All For One's time (I don't recall this ever being stated though) things are no longer the same. Especially now with schools being drafted into joint operations like this and the government pressuring them to train their students more in order to have them become viable backups in case their heroes aren't enough. There probably won't be enough heroes by the end of this arc too, so I can see the hero commission forcing the schools to drop the average school life shit and just focus on training the students to become heroes they can use in their future battles against Shigaraki and co.

I can still see the school continuing though, because it'd be a far too big shift to just drop the "academia" element of the series, but it'd be hard to have it not feel awkward given what else is happening elsewhere.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Eh there's interesting stuff at the mansion now like giga awakening, redestro potentially getting his legs, and whatever that secret plan is dabi mentioned so u wouldn't mind if we cut back.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so MHA sold 3.3M this first half that is the best first half ever, of course it is the first time it had an anime and a movie in the first half but this a really good result considering the slower pace of new volumes

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Even if schools were around back during All For One's time (I don't recall this ever being stated though) things are no longer the same. Especially now with schools being drafted into joint operations like this and the government pressuring them to train their students more in order to have them become viable backups in case their heroes aren't enough. There probably won't be enough heroes by the end of this arc too, so I can see the hero commission forcing the schools to drop the average school life shit and just focus on training the students to become heroes they can use in their future battles against Shigaraki and co.

I can still see the school continuing though, because it'd be a far too big shift to just drop the "academia" element of the series, but it'd be hard to have it not feel awkward given what else is happening elsewhere.
See, this is why I keep banging on the name change drum. Sure, it'd be a huge shift, but not as a technically-sequel-series.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
See, this is why I keep banging on the name change drum. Sure, it'd be a huge shift, but not as a technically-sequel-series.
How long could that realistically last though? You'd have to keep the conflict going to justify making it a completely new series, to say nothing of what that would do to a cast that's struggling for screen time as it is.

You have to give up 75% or more of the cast, because to me it just wouldn't be realistic having all the kids showing up without school keeping them together

And if you do keep them together, I feel like you'd still be doing U.A. Stuff, just not at U.A.

Villains taking over society doesn't seem like a sustainable sequel series. An arc or two at most with them at full power imo

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How long could that realistically last though? You'd have to keep the conflict going to justify making it a completely new series, to say nothing of what that would do to a cast that's struggling for screen time as it is.

You have to give up 75% or more of the cast, because to me it just wouldn't be realistic having all the kids showing up without school keeping them together

And if you do keep them together, I feel like you'd still be doing U.A. Stuff, just not at U.A.

Villains taking over society doesn't seem like a sustainable sequel series. An arc or two at most with them at full power imo
Sorta depends on how you handle the takeover.

Let's say it's the political revolution thing. Shigaraki is in charge, not of the underworld but not in the open, either. They don't know exactly where he is, the police work for him. Heroes are rendered vigilantes by default. That's not a problem you can just punch away, necessarily. Or, I mean, sure, you could just Gordian Knot it, but I feel like that's not really an interesting way of handling. It should be presented as more of a long journey, drawing out and beating lieutenants so you can draw out and beat Shigaraki, while working on other stuff along the way to draw in allies and create power structures that can replace what the villains built while they ran the show. It won't be "and then everything went back to normal," I feel. Beyond anything else, it's been a pretty persistent part of the setting that the current status quo is pretty far from perfect. So they have to figure that out as they go, too.

Done like that, sure, most of the cast would vanish for long stretches at a time, but that's something they do now , too. Hell, we've had arcs where Deku barely showed up, and he's the main character. I could see the series leaning even harder into a rotating cast setup.

Now, the one part of this that I just straight up don't have an answer for is the "would this actually fly with the editors" one. It'd unquestionably be a huge shift to just about every part of the structure, and like, it's not like they're not doing well right now! There'd be a lot of risk averse people to overcome to make these kinds of changes.

But man, it'd work so well, and be so cool.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Sorta depends on how you handle the takeover.

Let's say it's the political revolution thing. Shigaraki is in charge, not of the underworld but not in the open, either. They don't know exactly where he is, the police work for him. Heroes are rendered vigilantes by default. That's not a problem you can just punch away, necessarily. Or, I mean, sure, you could just Gordian Knot it, but I feel like that's not really an interesting way of handling. It should be presented as more of a long journey, drawing out and beating lieutenants so you can draw out and beat Shigaraki, while working on other stuff along the way to draw in allies and create power structures that can replace what the villains built while they ran the show. It won't be "and then everything went back to normal," I feel. Beyond anything else, it's been a pretty persistent part of the setting that the current status quo is pretty far from perfect. So they have to figure that out as they go, too.
Some of this I can get behind, some of this I see going a different way. For instance, I don't think Shiggy will be able to make heroes automatically vigilantes for a long time. I think a lot of that will time up with Endeavor getting exposed or will have something to do with Hawks being a double agent. As it stands even with the PLF's plan I don't see them being able to execute that soon.

I think having the heroes still be accepted but heavily criticized can allow for U.A. staying open and a lot of what you said. Shiggy can still work in the shadows, things can gradually get worse, I just think the order and status of things will be different. Them going to school in no way shape or form has to mean things went back to normal. They didn't after Camino
Done like that, sure, most of the cast would vanish for long stretches at a time, but that's something they do now , too. Hell, we've had arcs where Deku barely showed up, and he's the main character. I could see the series leaning even harder into a rotating cast setup.
Yeah, but at least with the school setting you know you will see those characters again. This gives us no guarantee, and like I said I just wouldn't find it realistic for them to be hanging out or even teaming up in large numbers like that unless it's literally the final stand. You could do a rotating cast set up, but I feel that's just trading one problem for another
Now, the one part of this that I just straight up don't have an answer for is the "would this actually fly with the editors" one. It'd unquestionably be a huge shift to just about every part of the structure, and like, it's not like they're not doing well right now! There'd be a lot of risk averse people to overcome to make these kinds of changes.

But man, it'd work so well, and be so cool.
Every part of MHA makes up its identity and makes it unique. It would undoubtedly be a huge shift and would change the series into something else.

I feel like the series can go the places you described without shutting down the school or a sequel series. I really do

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Some of this I can get behind, some of this I see going a different way. For instance, I don't think Shiggy will be able to make heroes automatically vigilantes for a long time. I think a lot of that will time up with Endeavor getting exposed or will have something to do with Hawks being a double agent. As it stands even with the PLF's plan I don't see them being able to execute that soon.

I think having the heroes still be accepted but heavily criticized can allow for U.A. staying open and a lot of what you said. Shiggy can still work in the shadows, things can gradually get worse, I just think the order and status of things will be different. Them going to school in no way shape or form has to mean things went back to normal. They didn't after Camino

Yeah, but at least with the school setting you know you will see those characters again. This gives us no guarantee, and like I said I just wouldn't find it realistic for them to be hanging out or even teaming up in large numbers like that unless it's literally the final stand. You could do a rotating cast set up, but I feel that's just trading one problem for another

Every part of MHA makes up its identity and makes it unique. It would undoubtedly be a huge shift and would change the series into something else.

I feel like the series can go the places you described without shutting down the school or a sequel series. I really do
I think you could do it without going all the way, I just don't think it'd be as good as if they did. I think there's a strong reluctance at this point across pretty much the whole shonen genre to move away from highschool, in terms of both character age and setting or premise, but I think that in a lot of cases it's to the series' detriments. Just as a recent example, the new oneshot that ran in SJ last week was made about a million times worse by the decision to stick it in a school than if you'd had a similar take but, you know, about adult characters and not a teacher. Just the latest example, but it's stuck in my head, and it's been a thing I've been noticing for a while. And honestly, with how much cape comics are in MHA's DNA, and how little they've used the conventional school side of things... I think it's kinda primed to break with all that. Assuming the editors would allow such a thing, ofc. And assuming Horikoshi remotely sees it the same way I do, lol.

(Oh, and a big component of the PLF getting heroes outlawed would be them getting the cops onto their team, which we know is at least possible because the police aren't happy with the heroes lately and want more power, which would just be such a cool piece of commentary too).

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think you could do it without going all the way, I just don't think it'd be as good as if they did.
This is where we disagree. If Hori is going to do all that it's not MHA anymore, it's something else. If he's going to make it something else, he could go a lot further than what you've described if he's going to go there.

There is still a lot that could be done at the school, and if they were to never go back after this I would consider their entire time at school a failure. You have to wrap that part of the series up in some form. For this series, I don't think it would be a good idea unless you're really going to do it. Which is why I keep saying close to the end, whenever that is
I think there's a strong reluctance at this point across pretty much the whole shonen genre to move away from highschool, in terms of both character age and setting or premise, but I think that in a lot of cases it's to the series' detriments. Just as a recent example, the new oneshot that ran in SJ last week was made about a million times worse by the decision to stick it in a school than if you'd had a similar take but, you know, about adult characters and not a teacher. Just the latest example, but it's stuck in my head, and it's been a thing I've been noticing for a while. And honestly, with how much cape comics are in MHA's DNA, and how little they've used the conventional school side of things... I think it's kinda primed to break with all that. Assuming the editors would allow such a thing, ofc. And assuming Horikoshi remotely sees it the same way I do, lol.
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure MHA has that problem. If anything they could be doing more with school, not less. Cape comics are in MHA's DNA yeah, and they are plenty of examples of heroes juggling school with super heroics. I just don't think it's necessary to leave U.A. behind. Narratively the school still has a lot of value
(Oh, and a big component of the PLF getting heroes outlawed would be them getting the cops onto their team, which we know is at least possible because the police aren't happy with the heroes lately and want more power, which would just be such a cool piece of commentary too).
Sure, but like I said, highly unlikely that just happens overnight and without push back

You know Tsukauchi wouldn't be going for that mess lol

Status
Not open for further replies.