• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I just feel like destroying hero society and having everyone go underground or run to America while Shiggy has free reign of Japan a tad unrealistic. How long could a status quo like that last before you need to wrap it up? It feels like doing that right after this arc is jumping forward to the series endgame, and I just think there's a lot more to explore before then

You guys are trying to jump from Age of Ultron to Endgame but there's a lot that happens in between

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Gigantomachia will probably get taken care of by a bunch of UA students.

I just have no idea how they're going to deal with Shiggy. Dude is way too OP. Touching him is intant death.

Would be a good time for Mirio / Eri to make their comeback.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Am curious to see what happens next, does feel like we're at the halfway point of this arc, especially with Dabi's "shall we begin early?" comment (what was that all about? Off to the new Todoroki household perhaps?).

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Like - even if the Heroes force Shigaraki into a retreat. What's stopping him from stealing as many quirks as possible and then nuking entire cities. Letting Shigaraki go is the last thing the heroes want to do at the moment because right now he only has Decay and X-Less's quirk. If they let him escape he's going to get dozens of quirks especially considering the Paranormal Liberation Army. If Shigaraki request members of the PFA to give Shigaraki their quirks, they will definetly do so - giving him more quirks. At this point - the Heroes need to stop Shigaraki here and now.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
there has to be another timeskip or something as Shiggy is.just way too powerful and Shiggy probably will take out a majority to top 20-30 heroes to boot and Deku ain't no where near ready to face Shiggy. My thinking is Shiggy will go on a tear for another chapter of two and since he's not 100% he'll suffer some recoil using his abilities giving the hero's time to flee and lick their wounds.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
there has to be another timeskip or something as Shiggy is.just way too powerful and Shiggy probably will take out a majority to top 20-30 heroes to boot and Deku ain't no where near ready to face Shiggy. My thinking is Shiggy will go on a tear for another chapter of two and since he's not 100% he'll suffer some recoil using his abilities giving the hero's time to flee and lick their wounds.
Shiggy's going to get even stronger as even thanks to AFO he can get as main quirks as possible from PLF Members as well as citizens.The Heroes are screwed either way, they don't have the power to stop Shigaraki and even if they flee, he's going to get even stronger.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I don't see Shigaraki taking quirks from the PLF or civilians, that seems completely at ends with what they want.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, five pages since the chapter dropped. Whew.

Damn sad seeing Crust go like that. Not because I was fond of the character or anything (though I did like him) but the way he so selflessly sacrificed himself like that was kinda hard to see. Especially with Aizawa there, unable to help. Curious how Ryukyu was able to get out in the narrow corridor though. She must've just been running then? Really hope Pixie Bob and the other Pussycats made it too... though I'm kinda doubtful of Pixie Bob seeing how close she was to the decay there. Was cool seeing Wash's quirk, I like it. Hope he's not a goner too and not because of the jokes but that quirk looks very useful and I'd be interested in seeing it used more.

Shit, it's hard to imagine much people surviving this. Only Ryukyu and Endeavor can fly among the pro heroes, right? There's Gran Torino too but he'd ran out of gas real soon.

The PLF base is far from the hospital, right?

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Shiggy's going to get even stronger as even thanks to AFO he can get as main quirks as possible from PLF Members as well as citizens.The Heroes are screwed either way, they don't have the power to stop Shigaraki and even if they flee, he's going to get even stronger.

I agree with you but I think there's a limit to how powerful horikoshi will make him.(I'm assuming) I don't think he wants another Madara situation were Shiggy becomes to powerful and an asspull is needed.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Hirokoshi definetly either needs to impose a limit for Shigaraki or give him a weakness to make him Madara levels of OP. Maybe a certain girl with the ability to rewind biological functions (i would bet money Eri will play into Shigaraki's defeat)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just feel like destroying hero society and having everyone go underground or run to America while Shiggy has free reign of Japan a tad unrealistic. How long could a status quo like that last before you need to wrap it up? It feels like doing that right after this arc is jumping forward to the series endgame, and I just think there's a lot more to explore before then

You guys are trying to jump from Age of Ultron to Endgame but there's a lot that happens in between
I agree, if shigaraki takes japan the rest of the world will take him down

Also i doubt we will see a big timeskip, the maximum I can see is the second year being skipped.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Remember, the internship is absolutely "academia" as well. There's no way you're going back to school hijinks and normal classes once this arc ends.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I agree, if shigaraki takes japan the rest of the world will take him down
This is my big thing. The world isn't just going to let Shigaraki openly take Japan for longer than like a week, maybe a month before they come in hard. You would have to make Shigaraki god basically to justify him having control any longer

I know people are tired of the school setting, but I worry people are getting too hasty. We can enjoy the ride in One Piece, why not MHA? I'm not opposed to things going that way and I do want some drastic shit eventually, but not now. You can't top that situation once you do it. It really should be saved til close to the end.
Also i doubt we will see a big timeskip, the maximum I can see is the second year being skipped.
I can see a timeskip happpening an arc or two before the final arc depending on where Hori goes. I think a couple months til half a year into second year would feel about the right time for me.

I agree it wouldn't be a big timeskip, at most we skip their third year. I don't think Hori would skip their graduation though, so there is that to consider
Remember, the internship is absolutely "academia" as well. There's no way you're going back to school hijinks and normal classes once this arc ends.
I think there's a sweet spot in between them going to school while also having a society crumbling, but not completely crumbled

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think most of us that are clamoring for the school stuff to end are fine with that.

I don't see Shigaraki taking quirks from the PLF or civilians, that seems completely at ends with what they want.

What he wants isn't even what they want to begin with

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Isn't the rest of the world already worse off than Japan in MHA? And the PLF already has their hands in the politics of Japan so this could all easily be framed as a revolution in the end if, theoretically, hero society in Japan was overthrown. Other countries are not going to bother then because I'm sure if the PLF did succeed here then they'd be dealing with their own shit

What he wants isn't even what they want to begin with
Not literally but he allows for his followers to do what they please, like this is an entire thing in the MLA arc. He stands for the liberation of quirks to them he's not gonna start stealing their quirks.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Isn't the rest of the world already worse off than Japan in MHA? And the PLF already has their hands in the politics of Japan so this could all easily be framed as a revolution in the end if, theoretically, hero society in Japan was overthrown. Other countries are not going to bother then because I'm sure if the PLF did succeed here then they'd be dealing with their own shit

Not literally but he allows for his followers to do what they please, like this is an entire thing in the MLA arc. He stands for the liberation of quirks to them he's not gonna start stealing their quirks.
It's also possible that PLF has contacts in other goverments considering how a lot of its members are well known potically. I could see them framing Shigaraki/PLF's take over of Japan as a good thing for all and the those who resist are deemed villains.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I always saw the "let others do as they please" as lip service tbh, and it was only ever directed at the LoV anyhow. He has literally no attachment to Re-Destro and everyone else that recently started following him so at the very least he owes them nothing. Not saying he'd necessarily go and actually steal them, I'm just making the point that Shiggy doesn't care about them or their beliefs, so nothing's stopping him from ever doing that.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The rest of the world was worse off because they didn't have a symbol of peace figure like All Might iirc. Which to me is all the more reason the rest of the world would unite and shut that shit down before Shiggy came after them next

I still think Shiggy should be moving with one foot in the shadows after this. He'd be like Japan's open secret, but I don't see how else the rest of the world letting him take over doesn't feel like a huge plot hole

He would need more power in other parts of the world, which I think necessitates more time. Because even if you have villains in other parts of the world that rise up because of Shiggy that's no guarantee they would all fall in line. They are villains.

Then you have him take over everything at once with Japan as his HQ.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

That's the thing, though. The status quo wouldn't be "Shigaraki rules japan from atop a throne made of rubble."

The PLF's whole plan was to legitimize the whole thing. That's what'll happen. Shiggy will be pulling the strings, but he'll be sitting in a mansion giving orders to the prime minister, that sorta shit. Some foreign heroes won't like it, but if the Japanese government is under his thumb, well... what're they going to do about it? Invade Japan, pick a fight with the "legitimate" government?

Nah. Villains will run the show, and there'll be some hero underground, but it won't be obvious or easy.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I always saw the "let others do as they please" as lip service tbh, and it was only ever directed at the LoV anyhow. He has literally no attachment to Re-Destro and everyone else that recently started following him so at the very least he owes them nothing. Not saying he'd necessarily go and actually steal them, I'm just making the point that Shiggy doesn't care about them or their beliefs, so nothing's stopping him from ever doing that.
I mean dude was talking about how he didn't like redestros methods of emotional manipulation in the mla arc. At one point we gotta draw the line between lip service and shigaraki actually looking after his own people. I don't think it's completely impossible but I do think shigaraki has to pushed into a corner to do it. I could see people giving up their own quirks to him as a sort of sacrifice for the cause.

I just don't see him as someone who would easily turn on people that are on his side since coming to value his allies was a part of his arc leading up to where we are now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is my big thing. The world isn't just going to let Shigaraki openly take Japan for longer than like a week, maybe a month before they come in hard. You would have to make Shigaraki god basically to justify him having control any longer

I know people are tired of the school setting, but I worry people are getting too hasty. We can enjoy the ride in One Piece, why not MHA? I'm not opposed to things going that way and I do want some drastic shit eventually, but not now. You can't top that situation once you do it. It really should be saved til close to the end.

I can see a timeskip happpening an arc or two before the final arc depending on where Hori goes. I think a couple months til half a year into second year would feel about the right time for me.

I agree it wouldn't be a big timeskip, at most we skip their third year. I don't think Hori would skip their graduation though, so there is that to consider

I think there's a sweet spot in between them going to school while also having a society crumbling, but not completely crumbled
We are agreeing too much Tace, it is weird.
But yeah you are right.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My thing is, I think there's a lot of story potential behind a revamping of the series into a "hero resistance" framework. It'd be a fairly different series, but in a good way.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
so say we do go back to class how will this effect that? This is definitely a big turning point for the story so if we go back what changes do you guys think we will see?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The whole point of One Piece's story is being a pirate, adventuring, all that jazz. You couldn't escape it even if you wanted to.

Whereas with MHA, you got a school structure (that felt kinda half-hearted and repetitive IMO) to begin with that they're supposed to grow from to become full-fledged heroes. I'm more interested in the field work aspect myself. But more importantly, people are only getting more and more "hasty" because of the story itself. Horikoshi's the one that suddenly gave us a big bad that's capable of leveling cities, who has the goal of destroying everything, or at the very least hero society. Moving forward, he has to write it in a very particular way to avoid people constantly wondering how exactly they're supposed to just keep going to school after this arc. Which is easier said than done after this chapter...

He can do some obvious stuff like have Shiggy and co. somehow lose or need to recharge of something, but then he'll just get criticized for having the villains lose yet again despite having such a crazy advantage this time around.

It's a really difficult scenario he's introduced depending on what you want out of the series, because the drastic shit as you put it is now right in front of us.

I mean dude was talking about how he didn't like redestros methods of emotional manipulation in the mla arc. At one point we gotta draw the line between lip service and shigaraki actually looking after his own people. I don't think it's completely impossible but I do think shigaraki has to pushed into a corner to do it. I could see people giving up their own quirks to him as a sort of sacrifice for the cause.

I just don't see him as someone who would easily turn on people that are on his side since coming to value his allies was a part of his arc leading up to where we are now.

Agree to disagree I guess

I'm already someone that has never really bought into him viewing the LoV as true friends/comrades. That just goes doubly for all these new guys that joined, he'll use them however he wants IMO

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But shigaraki doesn't seem the league as friends tho. He might care a little about them as partners but I doubt it is anything like Toga or Twice feeling the league is their family.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The whole point of One Piece's story is being a pirate, adventuring, all that jazz. You couldn't escape it even if you wanted to.

Whereas with MHA, you got a school structure (that felt kinda half-hearted and repetitive IMO) to begin with that they're supposed to grow from to become full-fledged heroes. I'm more interested in the field work aspect myself. But more importantly, people are only getting more and more "hasty" because of the story itself. Horikoshi's the one that suddenly gave us a big bad that's capable of leveling cities, who has the goal of destroying everything, or at the very least hero society. Moving forward, he has to write it in a very particular way to avoid people constantly wondering how exactly they're supposed to just keep going to school after this arc. Which is easier said than done after this chapter...

He can do some obvious stuff like have Shiggy and co. somehow lose or need to recharge of something, but then he'll just get criticized for having the villains lose yet again despite having such a crazy advantage this time around.

It's a really difficult scenario he's introduced depending on what you want out of the series, because the drastic shit as you put it is now right in front of us.

"Sure, half of the top heroes are gone or disabled, but let's just go back to class. Haha, Christmas break, let's joke and go to a shrine!"

I'm not sure how you go back to this:
my-hero-86-4-e1584972989113.png

after what we currently have.

My guess is something closer to what happened during to the beginning of the Stain, Yakuza, and Endeavor arcs, a series of internships helping Deku and others come to better terms with their power. Like, I feel like a Mirko internship has to happen at the very least. The question is just how above or below board it happens.

But shigaraki doesn't seem the league as friends tho. He might care a little about them as partners but I doubt it is anything like Toga or Twice feeling the league is their family.

Shigaraki would kill them in a heartbeat if it suited his aims.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like the anime will adapt Aizawa's backstory but vigilantes in full would be great

And also remember how Shigaraki went on a suicide mission with his squad of six to save his broker? Dude obviously does care about his allies. And no I can't let this go lmao, it's supposed to be another parallel to how All for One united the underworld and hated All Might because he went after his men.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad we agree on that. I've seen a lot of people that apparently feel otherwise.

"Sure, half of the top heroes are gone or disabled, but let's just go back to class. Haha, Christmas break, let's joke and go to a shrine!"

My guess is something closer to what happened during to the beginning of the Stain, Yakuza, and Endeavor arcs, a series of internships helping Deku and others come to better terms with their power. Like, I feel like a Mirko internship has to happen at the very least. The question is just how above or below board it happens.

Yea the cognitive dissonance you'd need to have to go back to the status quo would be staggering

I dunno, I just don't see any option that keeps both parties of this debate happy for the most part.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That's the thing, though. The status quo wouldn't be "Shigaraki rules japan from atop a throne made of rubble."

The PLF's whole plan was to legitimize the whole thing. That's what'll happen. Shiggy will be pulling the strings, but he'll be sitting in a mansion giving orders to the prime minister, that sorta shit. Some foreign heroes won't like it, but if the Japanese government is under his thumb, well... what're they going to do about it? Invade Japan, pick a fight with the "legitimate" government?

Nah. Villains will run the show, and there'll be some hero underground, but it won't be obvious or easy.
Y'all keep saying Shigaraki is about to take over society lol. What you're saying technically fits that but I wouldn't say that's ruling society. That's an in between state

It's a question of semantics basically. That's Shiggy ruling from the shadows, which I'm more than cool with. He's not about to be publicly ruling Japan though

Villains running the show completely? Nah, I don't see it. This isn't a world pre All Might, they have someone to aspire to. The villains will gain some ground in places sure, but the heroes aren't going to be forced into hiding. I don't see that happening right now

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

The same way that the Naruto series still had dumb fun after Asuma died or after the Pain Arc. They just do it.

Just because there is a disaster or something in a series doesn't mean there is no feasible way for the characters to have fun again or to have slice of life chapters/episodes. The world doesn't end when things go wrong.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all keep saying Shigaraki is about to take over society lol. What you're saying technically fits that but I wouldn't say that's ruling society. That's an in between state

It's a question of semantics basically. That's Shiggy ruling from the shadows, which I'm more than cool with. He's not about to be publicly ruling Japan though

Villains running the show completely? Nah, I don't see it. This isn't a world pre All Might, they have someone to aspire to. The villains will gain some ground in places sure, but the heroes aren't going to be forced into hiding. I don't see that happening right now
What if it's not "villains" running the show? What if it's "heroic members of the PLF" who have "liberated the people" by abolishing the old guard of so-called heroes and freeing quirk use?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Hori isn't the one whispering in your guys ear that the series needs to drastically change after this arc.

Y'all are doing that to yourselves. I feel like your apathy to the school setting is coloring your perception tbh

There are ways to have Shiggy retreat that doesn't require him "losing". He could just have blow back from waking up earlier. Everything comes down to the execution, it's all in the writing.
What if it's not "villains" running the show? What if it's "heroic members of the PLF" who have "liberated the people" by abolishing the old guard of so-called heroes and freeing quirk use?
The "heroic members of the PLF" who still have to follow Shiggy's orders at the end of the day? Either way, that doesn't seem like a fall of society but a revolution, and even then it's going to take time to spread

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oooooh this is good. I like this. That would be a hell of a way to twist the story to the public.

Kinda of like when Voldemort took over the Ministry of Magic. He didn't reveal himself. He just made Pius Thicknesse his puppet and controlled everything from the shadows in order to sow chaos and confusion

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
People are saying things need to change after this is cause many us don't see how it can go back. I don't see the Villains losing in any capacity and if they succeed in their goals, which is full scale societal change, things by that very nature have to change.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The "heroic members of the PLF" who still have to follow Shiggy's orders at the end of the day? Either way, that doesn't seem like a fall of society but a revolution, and even then it's going to take time to spread
They'd follow Shiggy's orders, but there'd be a nice and respectable legitimate government at the end of the day. The social order would change, and some people - heroes, mostly - would know what's really up, but for most people life goes on. Sure, maybe there's a little more corruption and crime around the edges, but the politicians (I can't remember the name, but the PLF has a political arm in place, ready to take power already) assure them that things are much better, so maybe they are.
Oooooh this is good. I like this. That would be a hell of a way to twist the story to the public.

Kinda of like when Voldemort took over the Ministry of Magic. He didn't reveal himself. He just made Pius Thicknesse his puppet and controlled everything from the shadows in order to sow chaos and confusion
Yes, exactly - though the analogy I'd go with here is the Thunderbolts, for obvious reasons.
That's the divide. I don't see the villains completely winning here.
I don't think they'll completely win here, but I think we're one arc out from it. There'll be a prison break, which'll be reframed as a "liberation movement" a la storming the Bastille, probably focusing on Stain or, falling that, somebody more photogenic and sympathetic than AfO. Then you have your full blown revolution, complete with timeskip and/or fleeing the country.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
People are saying things need to change after this is cause many us don't see how it can go back. I don't see the Villains losing in any capacity and if they succeed in their goals, which is full scale societal change, things by that very nature have to change.
What's your definition of "going back"? Everything going back to the way it was as if nothing happened? No more fun slice of life chapters?

Because things will obviously change somewhat, but I doubt it's gonna be anything catastrophic to the tone of the series.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What's your definition of "going back"? Everything going back to the way it was as if nothing happened? No more fun slice of life chapters?

Because things will obviously change somewhat, but I doubt it's gonna be anything catastrophic to the tone of the series.

As in the status quo of them just going back to school. Obviously they can still do slice of life stuff but I legit don't think they will just be going back to UA. When I say they might go to the USA to continue their training like All Might, I wasn't joking. (it could also do a time skip type of thing but who knows)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hori isn't the one whispering in your guys ear that the series needs to drastically change after this arc.

I didn't say it needs to, though I would like it to. I said you can't blame people for feeling that way given what he himself introduced into the story. It's what most of the fandom is talking about, to the point where some even think it's the final arc lolol. That's how blatant the stakes/danger is.

Y'all are doing that to yourselves. I feel like your apathy to the school setting is coloring your perception tbh

I mean I could just as easily say your attachment to the school setting is coloring yours.

I don't need to dislike the school setting to be skeptical of those arguing things won't change too much. The only thing is that everyone has a different idea of what exactly that means.

There are ways to have Shiggy retreat that doesn't require him "losing". He could just have blow back from waking up earlier. Everything comes down to the execution, it's all in the writing

Yea, I said as much lol

The question is how do you execute that properly without it feeling cheap or anticlimactic?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like your apathy to the school setting is coloring your perception tbh

Except, uhhh... I have no apathy for the school setting. I just don't see how you get back there easily after this, without pulling a "Shigaraki has to go back to sleep now" card.

Again, this isn't one hero down. This is the entire Top 10 hacked in half, and at least a decent chunk of a city simply turned into dust. And that's just what we have so far. This is a series where moment like Stain's fight and the binning of All Might had major societal implications.

The same way that the Naruto series still had dumb fun after Asuma died or after the Pain Arc. They just do it.

Just because there is a disaster or something in a series doesn't mean there is no feasible way for the characters to have fun again or to have slice of life chapters/episodes. The world doesn't end when things go wrong.
Slice of life episodes is different from going back to school. The following arcs after Pain were the Kage summit and then the goddamn ending war of the manga.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is too soon in the manga to go have super serious arcs nonstop
Shigaraki would kill them in a heartbeat if it suited his aims.
Yep
I'm glad we agree on that. I've seen a lot of people that apparently feel otherwise.
I think people misunderstand his change after the AFO being imprisoned. It wasn't him considering the league his friends, but he learning how to value his underlings.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
They'd follow Shiggy's orders, but there'd be a nice and respectable legitimate government at the end of the day. The social order would change, and some people - heroes, mostly - would know what's really up, but for most people life goes on. Sure, maybe there's a little more corruption and crime around the edges, but the politicians (I can't remember the name, but the PLF has a political arm in place, ready to take power already) assure them that things are much better, so maybe they are.

Yes, exactly - though the analogy I'd go with here is the Thunderbolts, for obvious reasons.

I don't think they'll completely win here, but I think we're one arc out from it. There'll be a prison break, which'll be reframed as a "liberation movement" a la storming the Bastille, probably focusing on Stain or, falling that, somebody more photogenic and sympathetic than AfO. Then you have your full blown revolution, complete with timeskip and/or fleeing the country.
This is more in line with what I expect to happen
I didn't say it needs to, though I would like it to. I said you can't blame people for feeling that way given what he himself introduced into the story. It's what most of the fandom is talking about, to the point where some even think it's the final arc lolol. That's how blatant the stakes/danger is.
I don't blame them for being excited, but there's still such a thing as realistic expectations which being honest, I feel a lot of people don't have for this arc.

Every week someone says nothing is going to be the same and it just feels like setting yourself up for disappointment.

I mean I could just as easily say your attachment to the school setting is coloring yours.

I don't need to dislike the school setting to be skeptical of those arguing things won't change too much. The only thing is that everyone has a different idea of what exactly that means.
Except I'm not that attached to the school setting. I just think jettisoning the school now wouldn't be smart in the long run

I expect things to change, just not as drastically as you guys. As I keep saying, there's a sweet spot I think Hori can land
Yea, I said as much lol

The question is how do you execute that properly without it feeling cheap or anticlimactic?
I'm a writer man, I can give you at least 3 different ways off the top of my head

Hori can find a way
Except, uhhh... I have no apathy for the school setting.
Except, uhh, I was talking to Lotus. I even quoted him. As far as the rest of what you said, I never said the series wouldn't change after this. I just don't think they're going to stop going to school or society will completely fall after this arc

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
It would be odd to continue school as is assuming Shigiraki is on the loose, considering the students of UA have been targeted by him multiple times.

Maybe they have some secret base on a hidden island to continue classes at or something haha.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Slice of life episodes is different from going back to school. The following arcs after Pain were the Kage summit and then the goddamn ending war of the manga.

Yea Naruto is not a good example. Not to mention in Naruto they weren't nearly as beholden to the school system like MHA is, especially in Shippuden.

I don't blame them for being excited, but there's still such a thing as realistic expectations which being honest, I feel a lot of people don't have for this arc.

Every week someone says nothing is going to be the same and it just feels like setting yourself up for disappointment

As was pointed out, Shiggy literally just decimated a city. At some point you can't just simply handwave it away as unrealistic expectations, even if we don't predict everything perfectly.

Except I'm not that attached to the school setting. I just think jettisoning the school now wouldn't be smart in the long run

Well we're at a pivotal point where many are noticing Horikoshi could very easily do just that. And if he chooses not to, he'll have to put in a lot of effort to justify why exactly that did not happen.

I'm a writer man, I can give you at least 3 different ways off the top of my head

Hori can find a way

We'll see. This is why I keep saying I'm more interested in seeing what's next than the arc itself, as there's a lot of ways this can go.

Society falling? Sure, that'd probably be too much.

Not being unable to go to school? Really not that hard for me to picture, especially given that UA is a massive target that's already been attacked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.