• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Only Captain Celebrity can stop Shigiraki now.
My theory: with Hero Society destroyed (or heavily destabilized, at the very least), there will be a need for more heroes, allowing the cast from Vigilantes to finally debut in the main series. I personally feel this tracks because Vigilantes seems to be heading towards its conclusion, which would allow the appearance of an adult Crawler, Pop*Step, and potentially even Knuckle Duster feel justified in the context of the new (hypothetical) status quo.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I read 2000+ comments on reddit plus this thread the past few hours.

This chapter man.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Ok here's a really important question:

Should Shigaraki keep making videogame references or stop now that's the superhuman liberated big boss?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm definitely seeing Thirteen's hand starting to decay on page 11. If she survives and we don't have an explanation I'm gonna call it bullshit. I guess she could have ejected from the suit but uhhhhhh

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
It is a tough break for crust.

number 6 hero and only at the level where he is incidentally taken out.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely seeing Thirteen's hand starting to decay on page 11. If she survives and we don't have an explanation I'm gonna call it bullshit. I guess she could have ejected from the suit but uhhhhhh
It is just her quirk
Aizawa is behind her and wasnt caught so i doubt she was caught specially starting by her hand instead of her legs

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It is just her quirk
Aizawa is behind her and wasnt caught so i doubt she was caught specially starting by her hand instead of her legs
Even if it is her quirk she's gonna stand there and try and fight off the decay when everyone is running the other direction, we don't see her getting carried out and she certainly isn't outrunning it, I don't know man I don't like her odds.

I do believe that she wouldn't be killed off without any focus but this all looks very suspect to me.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it is her quirk she's gonna stand there and try and fight off the decay when everyone is running the other direction, we don't see her getting carried out and she certainly isn't outrunning it, I don't know man I don't like her odds.

I do believe that she wouldn't be killed off without any focus but this all looks very suspect to me.
There is a plenty of things that can happen. We don't see how many people are with ryukyu. There is also another flying hero there that could have picked her up. The spring arms guy have picked her up etc
I think it is easier to wait to see next week what end will be given to the hospital team

Oct 25, 2017
Shiggy is a PROBLEM.

I don't think his Quirk makes for interesting confrontations though. It either works and folk are immediately screwed or...it just somehow doesn't work. It works in making him come off as a legitimate threat but not so much for actual battle. Good luck, Deku.

I'm pretty curious to see where things go from here.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Uraraka is the answer. Tag team Uraraka Bakugo/Todoroki and they all have a chance.

Deku has Nana's power to unlock.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Uraraka awakens her power and can make people float without touching them

Honestly it would be so op

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, still hope Uraraka gets a powerup...

Also that panel is so incredible.

Imagine the PTSD sequels to all those heroes that watched their comrades just die like that... this was savage.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Like I said the disintegration would start by her legs not her arm, the dust ther is probably from her own quirk sucking things
Fair but she's facing the blast and we don't get a good view of her right leg either. She could survive, but I don't think the outlook is good

Looking at that panel it feels like she should be a goner to me

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fair but she's facing the blast and we don't get a good view of her right leg either. She could survive, but I don't think the outlook is good

Looking at that panel it feels like she should be a goner to me
I think she facing the blast is a better reasoning than the disintegration one, tho she is like 2 or 3 meters ahead of aizawa and she probably can slow things with her own quirk. If she really died I expect horikoshi showing that her quirk bought people time.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think she facing the blast is a better reasoning than the disintegration one, tho she is like 2 or 3 meters ahead of aizawa and she probably can slow things with her own quirk. If she really died I expect horikoshi showing that her quirk bought people time.
13's quirk comes from her fingertips iirc. In that panel it looks like her hand and part of her arm is dusting imo, so I think it's valid reasoning as any. It's possible she could do something with her other hand but it really looks like she shouldn't survive that to me. I'm sure Hori will provide answers next chapter but yeah, outlook not so good

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
13's quirk comes from her fingertips iirc. In that panel it looks like her hand and part of her arm is dusting imo, so I think it's valid reasoning as any. It's possible she could do something with her other hand but it really looks like she shouldn't survive that to me. I'm sure Hori will provide answers next chapter but yeah, outlook not so good
I dont see it, it is too small to have such definitive conclusion. She also uses that suit that make hard to picture things.
Anyway for a character so relevant like her I feel horikoshi would make a closer look if she really was disintegrated. Tho he still might make one next week i dunno

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I am really excited about where this goes. I feel like a lot of the predictions we've been making have come to fruition and we're really in uncharted territory now.

Literally months of us talking about Shiggy dusting the hospital/city.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
In a shocking twist Thirteen managed to use her quirk to save herself but this also makes it so Shiggy steals her quirk first.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(Meaning, he's probably 10-15% Full Cowl perhaps?)

He's had a max of 20% for a while now. Post-internship, I'd imagine he could do a bit more (with strain)

As for everyone saying there won't be school anymore... hard maybe? AFO was a major threat for generations of heroes, yet UA and other hero schools still existed. It'll likely be a darker age, but probably doesn't guarantee that school, etc. won't happen.

As for Deku's powers... I feel like he needs a few real battles with his new quirks. I feel he's way less creative the more power he gets, and he needs a battle that will let him demonstrate how he can combine his abilities in interesting ways.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The biggest issues with the kids rn is that none of them have actually had fights since joint training arc, which of course I know we all love. Of course there hasn't been a good time to fit in fights for Deku and co since it hasn't really been about them but I do hope we get some soon.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think people really underestimate the Academia part of the title
But I already talked about this before

Nov 15, 2018
There's no real point in them not going to school for 2 more years, their quirks are far from their max potential. Meaning they have much to learn, and would honestly be no real threat to the strongest villains for atleast another 2-3 years anyways.

All Might fled to America and didn't fight AFO until 30-40 years later, and he was someone that could use 100% OFA from the beginning.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think that the school, as it was, is done. Maybe they go to school somewhere other than Japan, but I think they're probably just going to move on from that part of the premise.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed and the fact Hirokoshi time skipped to March when he could have had another school arc before the big raid makes me lean towards that
Good point.

To me, the school stuff always felt a little shoehorned in. The point that "oh wow we're actually doing something school-like" got used as a gag/lampshade hanging in the series itself. MHA's never really used it for more than a vehicle to shuffle people around to tests/training and setting up internships. If hero society is done, I think the school component is, too.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I admit the School Compoetent could be intresting if someone like Shigaraki who can destory cities with a mere touch is running around

The more i think about it, even if Shigaraki retreats that may be worse for the heroes as he can suprise attack at any time and turn a populated city to ash with a single touch and the heroes would be too late to stop it. Even if Shigaraki retreats everything is going to change

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.