• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oooooh this discussion just gave me a scary thought

Shiggy's decay effect looks different now, yeah? More tecchnological? More like... AfO's quirk effect we saw back in All Might vs. AfO?

What if he's got the quirks of every hero he just evaporated? Snipe goes to shoot him but oop there's Crust's shield.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf no one is going to be teaching
I doubt, horikoshi pretty much confirmed there still be a school somehow when he talked about that second year girl

Shiggy's decay effect looks different now, yeah? More tecchnological? More like... AfO's quirk effect we saw back in All Might vs. AfO?

What if he's got the quirks of every hero he just evaporated? Snipe goes to shoot him but oop there's Crust's shield.
Seems too far fetched

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt, horikoshi pretty much confirmed there still be a school somehow when he talked about that second year girl
red_herring1.png

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Then he somehow becomes even more broken than he was before.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Like, the main plot is 100 percent focused around OFA-AFO at the moment. It's literally the passing of those powersets to the new generation. On one side, Shiggy was already at a level of power that clowns most of the cast, including teachers and ranking heroes. Now he can steal quirks. Like, start with Decay, and assume Shiggy didn't inherent the powers AFO had already stolen. He at least gained Crust and X-Less' quirks. So, Decay, shield, and eye lasers.

Unless A) Shiggy has some new hard limit or B) someone has a power that can induce quirk singularity jumps in existing heroes, most of the cast is largely screwed in being able to contribute anything meaningful to a fight that involves him. Even Deku. He dropped a 45% Air Force for max output with one leg, versus his previous max of 20% Air Force with a finger, and it's going to do jack all against decay. (Meaning, he's probably 10-15% Full Cowl perhaps?)

Shiggy is Thanos and the heroes don't even have a Thor, Captain Marvel, or Scarlet Witch.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Shiggy is too op, he destroyed a mountain!
Where do we go from here?
Also, I think Pixie bob bit it and 13

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
When did he steal Crust quirk
I think people are just assuming if he dusts someone then he get the quirk but that doesn't track because a bunch of nameless heroes died and no way Hori is willing to explain that. I feel confident in the first time Shiggy steals a quirk we will see it in full.

Nov 15, 2018
MHA year 2 should have:

-the after effects of this battle
-Dabi reveal the truth of Endeavor and Hawks
-peoples trust in heros will be at an all time low
-backlash from death of students

But, it's hard to have that happen if Shigaraki is still walking around decaying city after city for the next 3 years while we wait for the current cast to somehow reach a level where they would be a threat to him (only 7 quirks Deku would realistically, the rest of 1-A would be training for nothing).

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The current assumption is those consumed by mass decay are subsumed into Nu-AFO. Technically, we don't know. Hell, we don't even know how many have died yet.
I think very few people are assuming that
I think people are just assuming if he dusts someone then he get the quirk but that doesn't track because a bunch of nameless heroes died and no way Hori is willing to explain that. I feel confident in the first time Shiggy steals a quirk we will see it in full.
I agree. He might also explain how AFO truly works since he never did before

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
With how busted they just made Shigaraki, say goodbye to any hope of heroes outside of Deku and probably Bakugou being relevant in the end.

It's about to be like Goku/Vegeta, Naruto/Sasuke, etc. The main character and his rival matter and everyone else sucks.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
With how busted they just made Shigaraki, say goodbye to any hope of heroes outside of Deku and probably Bakugou being relevant in the end.

It's about to be like Goku/Vegeta, Naruto/Sasuke, etc. The main character and his rival matter and everyone else sucks.
I don't understand this take. If this a pure fighting manga maybe, but in this same chapter we have seen how people like gran torino can be useful and relevant without having an op quirk

Nov 15, 2018
Maybe this is the finale for Deku's story as he becomes a "Great Hero" and will sacrifice himself to kill Shigaraki, ending the Afo/Ofa chain for good.

Mha Year 2 can still continue though.

Nov 15, 2018
except deku says he will be the number 1 hero not just a great hero

I remember hearing that the correct translation was "This is the story of how i became a great hero". Might be greatest instead of great, idk for sure.
Although if he did take out Shigaraki, then the title of "greatest" hero should still apply as he would have effectively saved the world.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
My thoughts about Deku's quirks are as follows:

The first 4 (Blackwhip, Float, etc). will be relatively minor quirks that will be in some way enhanced by OFA's power storing capabilities. Thus will allow deku to create intresting battle styles while still not deviating too much from his current fighting style.

The ther 2 unknown quirks, who knows? Those are the ones with the most chances of being Deus Ex Machina'd into the story, though I do trust Hori in setting them up well. And I personally don't think they will be Eri level OP.

Of course, if there is a 9th quirk, that will truly be a Deus Ex Mahcina level asspull.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is the finale for Deku's story as he becomes a "Great Hero" and will sacrifice himself to kill Shigaraki, ending the Afo/Ofa chain for good.

Mha Year 2 can still continue though.

I doubt they'd go there but Horikoshi would be a brave mofo to pull a move like that lol.

Imagine if he did that and then introduced time-skipped Koichi from Vigilantes with a level up on his Quirk as the new main character haha.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Float is going to be essential for Deku thanks to Shiggy's decay lmao

Actually bet it appears next chapter.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
except horikoshi haven't been shy of showing that
You can show 1 or 2 deaths. It's mass deaths that get off screened. Showing one character die as an example (i.e. Crust), followed by a bunch more in the same predicament before the scene changes, is a very normal way for authors to get around it in Shonen Jump. It's not a Horikoshi thing; it's a kids manga thing. Mass deaths never fly in children's properties.

All the heroes could turn out perfectly fine next chapter... Or in a few chapters the policeman character will go over all the heroes that are MIA. I could see it going either way, but Horikoshi showing deaths before doesn't tell us anything.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Shonen Jump allows Chainsaw Man, i don't think they care about characters gruesome deaths.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I think Pixiebob and Wash are probably fine. Especially Wash, since we don't know them that well, and given their powers, they can just float up over the decay wave.

Thirteen's the weird one. Of everyone at ground zero, her quirk is the one that theoretically could actually stop the decay. But if she did do it, I think she's prime material for Shiggy to test out All for One (I don't really think that everyone who was hit by the decay got their powers stolen. That'd be too much).

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Complaining about other characters being irrelevant due to Shiggy's power like anyone besides Deku was gonna fight him in the end

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If anything shigaraki being so powerful will make deku rely on more people to beat him than just Bakugo. I bet Todoroki will help too

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jump published Soma. Boichi's character designs seem tame compared to certain scenes there lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.