• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
tenor.gif

(Pour one out for X-less and the other homies we lost today)

That was intense. So out of the named characters X-less is dead and so are the pussycats? Was tough to tell. Shigaraki is ridiculously overpowered and he hasn't even started to steal quirks yet.

More heroes survived than I think realistically should have, which leads me to believe everyone we saw avoid death this chapter is safe. Barring a few exceptions like Endeavor of course

Things can go in a number of different directions, and that's exciting. I think Shiggy will try stealing some quirks which will interfere with his decay somehow. That coupled with the loss of many nomus will lead to the villains retreating even though Shiggy might be wrecking shit himself. They are still way too many powerful heroes around I think for them to get stomped that easy. They know Shigaraki's decay has been upgraded now. I predict maybe another big loss or two, but I'm still pretty sure Shiggy ain't about to take over society. Unless y'all think he's about to kill all the remaining heroes, because ain't no way in hell they would just let that happen

Of course, the smart thing would be for Shiggy to just keep decaying everything til they're all dead or subservient but that would be too easy

-It was nice seeing some of the students before shit went down. Iida and those arm motions man.

-Bakugo. His little interaction gave me more than I was expecting. I was annoyed Hori was playing him up for comedy again but he actually is a bit nicer than he was with something like the provisional license, but he's still loud as ever

-I'm really curious about the first user and how he is connected to his brothers' power. It makes me wonder if Deku will learn some fancy tricks he could use to fight against AfO's power. Oh, and 45% was cool, but also seemed like an aftert

Where is Giga? Who survived? What will the heroes and villains do now? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The last days of heroes, goddamn. I got chills all through this. What a great chapter. It'll be incredible animated too if they put the slightest effort into it - no still shots, here, just quick cuts.

Shiggy's quick has to have some kind of upper end, right? Otherwise it'll be impossible to beat him absent comical plot armor. Not that I'm expecting them to win today.

Sticking by my prediction: Most of the heroes get out, though with significant casualties (the ones who're already dead, some more fodder, probably Endeavor too), then we get a final climactic throwdown at the prison that ends with Shiggy breaking out the inmates. Maybe he kills AfO too, complete the cycle. Kids either flee the country or go into hiding. Cue timeskip to My Hero Resistacne.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the Pussycats are dead, yet. Though I'd love to see how anyone on the ground level who can't fly somehow survived that considering it seems to have already traveled miles in a short time.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think we are at a point that new percentage boosts aren't that big of news because we already know how deku can unlock it. He trains his body, his body gets use to a bigger percentage, rinse and repeat
Deku utilizing the new percentage, and new quirks, to develop new strategies and techniques is more exciting and I think is what Horikoshi should do. For example he using black whip in conjunction with air force in the last arc was really nice to see even it wasnt a super powerful move/combo

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shiggy's quick has to have some kind of upper end, right? Otherwise it'll be impossible to beat him absent comical plot armor. Not that I'm expecting them to win today.
I'm pretty confident said upper limit will be what temporarily does him in. Like, realistically speaking if he is as unstoppable now as he appears what's preventing him from just going scorched earth on more than just the entire country? It's already established he has no compunction of holding back. Things are moving pretty fast right now but I expect them to slow back down before they pick back up again. Maybe like Deku, his body isn't ready to output everything yet.

Oct 25, 2017
mic was so closeto dying, why chicken out like this horikoshi, then again, could be gran torino's time to die too.

Didnt think its time for a Midoriya v Shigaraki thing, unless they fight, Mido loses as Shigarki falls exhausted and we get a long reprieve.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, here goes...

So we lost one pussycat too? This was savage af.

And Gran Torino MVP as always, holy shit.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Shigaraki's quirk does cause him to endure damage the more he uses it so I can see him stopping the decay soon and not letting it go wild like in the MLA arc

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no shit lol. It was an afterthought this chapter. I almost forgot about it in my write up

%>New quirks, but that's just me

Apparently it's complaining to say this

I think Shiggy is going to win this arc and the Heroes will be forced into a retreat

Retreat where?

That's why I'm so fascinated in how exactly this is supposed to move forward, everyone has a different idea about what it means for Hero society to fall lol

Oct 25, 2017

Retreat where?

That's why I'm so fascinated in how exactly this is supposed to move forward, everyone has a different idea about what it means for Hero society to fall lol
Remember ppl kept saying America slayers they were guessing the wrong series it's my hero that's jumping to the states!!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Retreat where?

Back to UA - i imagine this arc is going to end with Shigaraki forcing the heroes to retreat but him being exhuasted and he has to rest/recurporiate while the Heroes go back to UA to lick their wounds

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Retreat where?

Yeah, like where would they all go?

Another option is Shigaraki getting the win but then falling unconscious or whatever so a fight boils up in the city, giving them some time. But as long as Shig's fully awake pretty much the whole country is fucked.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I think we are at a point that new percentage boosts aren't that big of news because we already know how deku can unlock it. He trains his body, his body gets use to a bigger percentage, rinse and repeat
Deku utilizing the new percentage, and new quirks, to develop new strategies and techniques is more exciting and I think is what Horikoshi should do. For example he using black whip in conjunction with air force in the last arc was really nice to see even it wasnt a super powerful move/combo
People also seem to forget he's been interning with Endeavor for the last three months, considering he pulled off that sweet combo you just mentioned after only a week with him, it's not stretch to think he's progressed substantially in that timeframe.

I'm pretty confident said upper limit will be what temporarily does him in. Like, realistically speaking if he is as unstoppable now as he appears what's preventing him from just going scorched earth on more than just the entire country? It's already established he has no compunction of holding back. Things are moving pretty fast right now but I expect them to slow back down before they pick back up again. Maybe like Deku, his body isn't ready to output everything yet.

Well, Shiggy did decay himself a bit after MVA, and considering he's not fully baked I think there's the possibility he could damage himself every time he uses OFA.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to do a repeat of The Nana scene, a hero stopping Deku or someone from getting killed by Shigiraki/Afo while Gran Torino or another old hero takes them to America

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remember ppl kept saying America slayers they were guessing the wrong series it's my hero that's jumping to the states!!

Everybody will have a gun quirk

Back to UA - i imagine this arc is going to end with Shigaraki forcing the heroes to retreat but him being exhuasted and he has to rest/recurporiate while the Heroes go back to UA to lick their wounds

Hmm, maybe?

Would be surprised if he rested for a really long time

Yeah, like where would they all go?

Another option is Shigaraki getting the win but then falling unconscious or whatever so a fight boils up in the city, giving them some time. But as long as Shig's fully awake pretty much the whole country is fucked.

Yea like, the power creep is at a point where they can't exactly co-exist

Or can they?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People also seem to forget he's been interning with Endeavor for the last three months, considering he pulled off that sweet combo you just mentioned after only a week with him, it's not stretch to think he's progressed substantially in that timeframe.
Yep, like I said development is implied
People think this is like DBZ where deku is gaining a power boost from nowhere. It isnt, Deku has always been able to output 100%, this is just him slowing being able to output 100% without wrecking his body.
If it was a new technique then it would be weird but it is an attack that we already have seen before but stronger

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, if only there was a quirk Shiggy could steal that could revert any damage he takes making him near invincible.

oh hey Eri
tenor.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I feel you man. I was actually going to say something about that but I didn't have anything nice to say so I didn't
And Gran Torino MVP as always, holy shit.
Yeah! Gran Torino was MVP this chapter
Can you explain why? I think new quirks are fine if they are utility like BW and float are
It's personal preference. I prefer percentages because it felt like Deku had to work for the improvements more and he was also more of a creative fighter when he was more restricted imo. I feel like the quirks are supposed to make Deku super special but to me it's done the opposite, as now you never know when a random quirk is going to pop up and save him. I feel like it takes away some of his agency. I do like learning more about previous wielders, but Deku didn't need to get their quirks too. I think just being able to talk to them would've worked just fine

To me, Deku earned OfA but the added quirks on top of that feel like the random Sasuke hax that would happen in Naruto. Better set up of course, but the same energy

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Shigaraki is powerful but he isn't unbeatable. He can't decay continuously for a long time and really any flying hero with the right equipment could give him trouble.

Skyline's time is now

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I do think MHA had led up the Old Hero Society Falling but the question is will they go all out in this arc with the Villains having won and the Heroes forced to retreat as the League/PLF take over the country or go with something else

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll make the bold prediction that none of the heroes will retreat anywhere; at least not in the traditional sense, and it'll probably be Shigaraki who gets out of dodge as he recoups and plots his next move. His tyrannical reign will be from the shadows, like a reverse All Might; a symbol of fear more than anything, and what's going on right now is his "I am here" moment. Distrust in heroes causes the government to kill the current system and instead resort to a police state method of combating villainy (because realistically if every top hero here either got wiped or incapacitated, what good is a "hero" system that can't do its job?). U-A will revamp operations, but the people who still hold onto the ideals of heroism will be what reignites the spark.

No need to move locations, if we want to see society change it has to happen on the ground. I'd be really disappointed if Hori decided the easy route of just saying "ok let's move elsewhere". Though I wouldn't put it passed some students or quirk users to relocate or take a sabbatical elsewhere.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you man. I was actually going to say something about that but I didn't have anything nice to say so I didn't

Yeah! Gran Torino was MVP this chapter

It's personal preference. I prefer percentages because it felt like Deku had to work for the improvements more and he was also more of a creative fighter when he was more restricted imo. I feel like the quirks are supposed to make Deku super special but to me it's done the opposite, as now you never know when a random quirk is going to pop up and save him. I feel like it takes away some of his agency. I do like learning more about previous wielders, but Deku didn't need to get their quirks too. I think just being able to talk to them would've worked just fine

To me, Deku earned OfA but the added quirks on top of that feel like the random Sasuke hax that would happen in Naruto. Better set up of course, but the same energy
I think horikoshi has been doing a good job at countering the opposite by introducing them before. BW was introduced in a moment where it harmed deku instead of helping him. Float was introduced by a book. Also we know that deku learned about the other quirks except 2.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel this, not the rest.

Also still should do a Tartarus break out.
A prison break is fine. You can squeeze that in, all the more reason people might lose faith in the current establishment.

It'd be kind of lame if we upended the central location entirely just because the big bad meanie bullied the good guys out. An anarchy state is like the worst route they can go with right now, some normalcy has to be achieved eventually.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'll make the bold prediction that none of the heroes will retreat anywhere; at least not in the traditional sense, and it'll probably be Shigaraki who gets out of dodge as he recoups and plots his next move. His tyrannical reign will be from the shadows, like a reverse All Might; a symbol of fear more than anything, and what's going on right now is his "I am here" moment. Distrust in heroes causes the government to kill the current system and instead resort to a police state method of combating villainy (because realistically if every top hero here either got wiped or incapacitated, what good is a "hero" system that can't do its job?). U-A will revamp operations, but the people who still hold onto the ideals of heroism will be what reignites the spark.

No need to move locations, if we want to see society change it has to happen on the ground. I'd be really disappointed if Hori decided the easy route of just saying "ok let's move elsewhere". Though I wouldn't put it passed some students or quirk users to relocate or take a sabbatical elsewhere.
Hey, I think you found a scenario most of us would be happy with!

Seconded
Is... Is Mina important
Real talk for the girls I would say Uraraka is most important, but Momo, Mina, and Tsu are close

So yeah, I would say she's important. She's got the whole Giga thing with Kiri too which is a lot more than other characters have

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think horikoshi has been doing a good job at countering the opposite by introducing them before. BW was introduced in a moment where it harmed deku instead of helping him. Float was introduced by a book. Also we know that deku learned about the other quirks except 2.
He could certainly be doing worse, I'll give him that. The extra quirks just don't do it for me.

The execution has been mostly ok so far though

Status
Not open for further replies.