• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

....Shigaraki caused all of that destruction with one hand...what happens when he uses two hands..

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Can he use his left hand? I don't remember him using it against Redestro after his flashback in MVA
oh yeah fair point. Still Decay is just one of Shigraki's abilities - can you imagine how much more powerful he gets when he steals morwe Quirks. Unless AFO tires him out and he has to retreat to escape i see no way the Heroes can win this

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Just read the chapter summary. Let the carnage begin.

Honestly, i am betting Endeavour dies this arc but only after Dabi reveals he is Touya to him. I expect Endeavour to be extremely injured but alive from the Decay. We know Tokoyami is going to the hospital and Dabi is likely following close behind leading to the two parties meeting leading to Dabi taking on an injured Endeavour and ultimately due to Endeavour's injuries, Dabi overpowers him and tells him his name be for killing him.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Honestly I know Crust has been the butt of so many jokes but he kinda went out like a champ here

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crust's death is so good that I'm almost mad it wasn't given to another character we spent more time with. Talk about a scathing indictment against Dabi's self-righteous "there are no heroes" nonsense.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I do think there is going to be a lot more deaths from here on out..honestly i still mantain this will be the arc where Endeavour meets his end

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot spoilers would be out and it looks my "let the bodies hit the floor" post from two weeks ago was right lmao. Everyone is fucked and the status quo of the whole series is going to change.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like with deaths from here on out we should really check our expectations on who's gonna die here. Characters like Crust can die so easily and quickly because we never really spent time to know them. I feel like if a major side character is gonna die it's only gonna be one of them and it's gonna get a whole chapter dedicated to them. I don't see Hori doing more than one of them imo.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like with deaths from here on out we should really check our expectations on who's gonna die here. Characters like Crust can die so easily and quickly because we never really spent time to know them. I feel like if a major side character is gonna die it's only gonna be one of them and it's gonna get a whole chapter dedicated to them. I don't see Hori doing more than one of them imo.
I agree that major characters will need more lead-up, but I think it's quite possible for more than 1 to die. Present Mic, for example, has already got some final spotlight before his curtain call. Other character's like Endeavor or pro-heroes at mansion could go with a bit more attention, as you said.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I agree that major characters will need more lead-up, but I think it's quite possible for more than 1 to die. Present Mic, for example, has already got some final spotlight before his curtain call. Other character's like Endeavor or pro-heroes at mansion could go with a bit more attention, as you said.
I agree that Present Mic would be a good choice for killing since we do need someone around for that Kurogiri plot and Eraserhead is obviously the choice to keep alive. When it comes to major characters though I just don't see anyone else dying. Gran Torino has to live to give insight to whatever happens to All Might in the end imo, or at least I think Gran Torino is an important character when it comes to explaining the reality to things to Deku. Unless there's a major shift in the focus of this arc I don't see Endeavor dying here and he has Miruko atm.

At most I see Present Mic, Gang Orca, and one or a few of the Pussy Cats dying. I know I've been on the Shigaraki hype train for years now but I know Hori doesn't want to write a totally depressing manga for kids lol so I'll keep my death expectations in check.

Nov 14, 2017
Vigilantes chapter is out on Viz.

Right when the Crueller is ready to execute the plan to capture PopStep, the Hero gets in the way.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
You know, seeing the full scanlation, it looks like all the even semi-relevant known heroes that showed up to fight the Nomus were picked up by Ryukyu with the exception of Thirteen. Its possible that Thirteen's quirk actually could stop the decay, though if she(?) is alive, she's probably a prime target for Shigaraki to test his quirk stealing on.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
You know, seeing the full scanlation, it looks like all the even semi-relevant known heroes that showed up to fight the Nomus were picked up by Ryukyu with the exception of Thirteen. Its possible that Thirteen's quirk actually could stop the decay, though if she(?) is alive, she's probably a prime target for Shigaraki to test his quirk stealing on.

I combed through the scanlation. Every somewhat relevant named hero on the hospital raid team at least made it to the morgue tunnels on either Ryukyu, Gran Torino, or Endeavor with the exceptions of X-Less and Crust who were killed, Thirteen and Backdraft who were last seen in the lab, Wash who was last seen at the hospital entrance, the Pussycats who were last seen on the street, and Tsukauchi, Ectoplasm, Snipe, Uwabami, and Takeshita who haven't been seen at all since the raid team assembled in 258.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I combed through the scanlation. Every somewhat relevant named hero on the hospital raid team at least made it to the morgue tunnels on either Ryukyu, Gran Torino, or Endeavor with the exceptions of X-Less and Crust who were killed, Thirteen and Backdraft who were last seen in the lab, Wash who was last seen at the hospital entrance, the Pussycats who were last seen on the street, and Tsukauchi, Ectoplasm, Snipe, Uwabami, and Takeshita who haven't been seen at all since the raid team assembled in 258.

I was just thinking about the people who were actually down in the lab, rather than outside of it like the Pussycats and Wash, but I did forget about Backdraft. Unlike Thirteen, I wouldn't think his powers would actually help him, unless the decay's transmission doesn't work through liquids, which I guess is plausible, though it doesn't seem to be the case.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I like how no one is referring to who the hero is lol. I was so curious I had to catch up.

They seem like the kind to punish vigilantes.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this pointed out elsewhere.

The Top 10 as of the end of 272.

1. Alive, at Ground Zero
2. Critically injured, potentially dequirked
3. Missing, presumed dead
4. Alive
5. Critically injured, at Ground Zero with two and a half limbs
6. Dead
7. Alive
8. Alive, at Ground Zero
9. Alive
10. Alive, at Ground Zero

And we're really just getting started here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mob would easily be number 1 hero material, with little competition, considering how much he can already do just as a middle-schooler.
I disagree since number 1 hero doesnt mean the strongest one. He is super powerful but his lack of control would mean he wouldnt be effective as a hero

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
He wouldn't be number 1 at the start of season 1 of Mob Psycho but it'd be a lock by the end of 2.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree since number 1 hero doesnt mean the strongest one. He is super powerful but his lack of control would mean he wouldnt be effective as a hero
Only time he isn't in control is his ??? state. Everything we've seen him do in season 1 and 2 at 100%, he can control himself, he just purposely locks it away. It isn't all about strength either, given that he can also repair broken buildings, enter/read peoples minds, and create damn near unbreakable barriers at 100%. I stand by my statement.

Then again, it's a dumb argument to begin with. Mob is written to be massively overpowered.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the spoilers, I thought Shiggy only destroyed the hospital. Dude isn't even finished yet and is destroying the whole city.

Everything will change after this arc, no doubt about it.

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
Present Mic's shocked face was literally my face reading this chapter, jfc

Shiggy has become like a human nuclear bomb

Also
RIP Crust

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Rip Crust, saving Eraser and that smile
Ryukyuu, Wash, Gran Torino and Pixie are the mvps.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Shigaraki put on X-Less's red cape and probably his eye laser quirk, now all I need is for him to put a S on his chest

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I wonder. Does Shigaraki not have to touch a person to steal his Quirk..i have a feeling that's going to end up being the case

Status
Not open for further replies.