• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
So guys, recall how AFO activated his quirk: He places his hand on the person which he's transferring to/from. This is consistent in all the times we see the quirk used from what I remember.
And how does Shigaraki activate decay? He places his hand on whatever he wants to use it on.

Assuming both quirks still work the same way, whoever Shigaraki steals a quirk from dies.

EDIT: Although, if Decay no longer works in the hand where he lost his fingers, and AFO does, I suppose that'd be a way around that particular stipulation. However forcing both quirks to activate together adds an unnerving sense of danger to AFO that it didn't have before, so I prefer that.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So guys, recall how AFO activated his quirk: He places his hand on the person which he's transferring to/from. This is consistent in all the times we see the quirk used from what I remember.
And how does Shigaraki activate decay? He places his hand on whatever he wants to use it on.

Assuming both quirks still work the same way, whoever Shigaraki steals a quirk from dies.

EDIT: Although, if Decay no longer works in the hand where he lost his fingers, and AFO does, I suppose that'd be a way around that particular stipulation. However forcing both quirks to activate together adds an unnerving sense of danger to AFO that it didn't have before, so I prefer that.

Sounds good to me. Imagine some hero crying that they get the quirk stolen and immediately die. I want to see the horror faces.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I like that knowing real life policie brutality and cops getting away with murder in some places and when Mha has violent assholes as heroes

We're advocating heroes who are glorified cops with merchandise to more freely kill people

I don't see anything wrong with that

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think applications of different countries perceptions of certain civil offices works like that.

And that goes both ways. The apllication of lethal force and the staying of it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
They are definitely not coming back to school after this. Shigaraki will destroy half the city and establish the liberation army nation right there.

This is exciting, i wonder how ballsy can Hori be with what's gonna happen now. Imagine the possibilities.
I really hope you are right but it's possible something will happen to prevent that

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I want a badass hero like Mirko saying: so what? You stole my quirk? I'm still standing, villain!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean with Decay he could kill a fair few pepole. The question is, will UA be able to function after this arc because if so then i don't see a reason why Izuku and co can't go back to school
After that one line in the chapter, I'm putting money on this - right after this arc, we're going straight into a prison break arc, and that is what's going to well and truly break hero society. Here, most of the heroes are going to get away. There, I think things will go a lot harder.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
After that one line in the chapter, I'm putting money on this - right after this arc, we're going straight into a prison break arc, and that is what's going to well and truly break hero society. Here, most of the heroes are going to get away. There, I think things will go a lot harder.
Depends on what happens, i could see Shigaraki going to the Prison straight away since most if not all the heroes are here so there is not much left to protect the prison.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It's gonna take him a little time to get there - time the surviving heroes can use to try and converge back around the prison.
Maybe but at the same time - i suspect a lot of the heroes are going to be heavily injured by Shigaraki and if he goes right to the prison (if he say gets a speed or a flight quirk) there is going to be little time for the Heroes to catch up with him plus leading with the LOV,PLF

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I always thought AfO would die in a prison break arc in a final badass "I'm leaving it all to you now" moment with Shigaraki.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I always thought AfO would die in a prison break arc in a final badass "I'm leaving it all to you now" moment with Shigaraki.
That's what i am betting on as well

Question: Where do you think Season 5 of the Anime will end? I bet it will be the Timeskip to March and the start of the War Arc

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
going from starting with the anime to manga is that the manga and I noticed the manga is definitely a bit more overt with sexualizing it's characters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
going from starting with the anime to manga is that the manga and I noticed the manga is definitely a bit more overt with sexualizing it's characters
Really, I think the anime does it more. Lots of sexualized shots were not in the manga. The hot spring scene was worse in the anime.
Also, anime increased Nejire's chest and had a scene to show it off with the pageant when it wasn't like that in the manga
Heck, this season had a scene/close up of mineta looking at Ashido's chest for no reason

Also on the side:
, so when deku says heroes vanished
it means they never came back, right?
If so, then shiggy will slaughter

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Also on the side:
, so when deku says heroes vanished
it means they never came back, right?
If so, then shiggy will slaughter
They vanished from the streets right before the hospital raid, to prepare, only heroes that were on patrol were the "traitors". That's what that narration was referring to

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh wait, I totally misread Daytak's post. My bad. The anime is way worse than the manga when it comes to sexualizing the characters.

Ugh, hate thinking about Nejire's design in the anime and the little addition they made to Yaoyorozu: Rising.

Oct 31, 2017
MHA has to be one of the tamest series around when it comes to fanservice, but reading the last page of the thread without being familiar with it you'd think it's basically a hentai/ecchi series.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The anime has toned it up and down in some places. I wouldn't say its any more or less horny than the manga.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I so hope there isn't a movie out when this is getting animated
Same here, man. And i hope this is going to be the first arc of S6. Hell honestly i debating with this - but considering how much of an impact this arc is going to have on the series and how the future of MHA will be completly changed by this arc (especially if we have a Naruto style timeskip). I think maybe having this be 12 episodes instead of 24 just covering the War Arc may work better

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't dawn on me until just now, but given the revelation that Shiggy has AfO now, Twice super needed to die for narrative purposes.

Also makes me wonder how long the doctor actually had his copy of Twice's quirk squirreled away.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel that hard cut to the Mansion coming. Honestly if we stayed there and only cut back to the hospital when Giga started to move that would be really hype imo because it would signify that Shigaraki is up and about

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I would love it if Shigaraki contacted Giga and told him to help out the mansion group instead or rushing to Shiggy's aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.