• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The laser comes out of his right eye, we've seen it this arc
We know. Calling them "punch lasers" is a Cyclops meme.

punches-with-eyes-696x447.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How long did they drag that shit there's no way to drag past a season maaaaaybe 2

Spader is the only reason to watch he saves it from being a generic procedural that you have seen a hundred times before

According to Google it took 4 seasons to reveal that Spader's character Raymond is her father. Except then they apparently start another mystery where apparently Spader is an imposter, his real name is Ilya Koslov, who was friends with the real Raymond, who is actually dead.

THEN apparently later seasons call that too into doubt on whether that was actually the truth.

So in conclusion, blood/DNA test proves that Raymond Reddington is in fact her father. But now the issue is that no one seems to know whether or not that is who Spader's character actually is.

So nothing really seems to have changed much, 7 seasons in.... God this show is ass.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Bro what the fuck is this lmao. How odd
That's not dumb honestly his eyes are just energy blasts it's like how Iron man hand blasts is also concussive unless writers forget

No the reason for the dumb meme is because cyclops power comes from a fucking dimension that's filled with red energy that punches and hus eyes are portals

Originally he just has just has eyebeams no explanation need because who cares then writers keep ovrcomplicating it first he just absorbs sunlit them portals to explain why he has so much energy and why his neck doesn't snap

Its so stupid

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
According to Google it took 4 seasons to reveal that Spader's character Raymond is her father. Except then they apparently start another mystery where apparently Spader is an imposter, his real name is Ilya Koslov, who was friends with the real Raymond, who is actually dead.

THEN apparently later seasons call that too into doubt on whether that was actually the truth.

So in conclusion, blood/DNA test proves that Raymond Reddington is in fact her father. But now the issue is that no one seems to know whether or not that is who Spader's character actually is.

So nothing really seems to have changed much, 7 seasons in.... God this show is ass.
Oh fuck you this is so stupid

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So, uh, The LoV knew about Eri, right?

Because if there's any Quirk that Shiggy would want to steal now that he has AFO, you think it'd be her's.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You know, if I was Dabi and the whole Touya theory was true, then I'd really want to shoot Endeavor with one of those bullets. Still don't know how those will come into play.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You know, if I was Dabi and the whole Touya theory was true, then I'd really want to shoot Endeavor with one of those bullets. Still don't know how those will come into play.
Didn't they plan to give it to the doctor
Maybe they're just saving it until the doctor figures out how to make more

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus AFO is on Batman's level of prep time

Heroes are fucked

Just to be clear. Deku felt Shiggy waking up right?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Shigaraki does win and destory hero society which is what his plan is, what will happen with Deku and co.

I also kinda disagree about it being too soon - this has been build up ever since Kamino Ward. I feel going back to school after this would just not work.

They are definitely not coming back to school after this. Shigaraki will destroy half the city and establish the liberation army nation right there.

This is exciting, i wonder how ballsy can Hori be with what's gonna happen now. Imagine the possibilities.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
AfO being all TO ME, SHIGARAKI is a very strong Prof. Xavier vibe. I love it.

I love this whole arc, frankly, MHA firing on all cylinders is a delight, between the writing and the art. Heroes are turbofucked. And the reversal of the usual imagery in the Shiggy mindscape sequence - the villain's family trying to hold him back - is so clever.

I wonder what that bit where he forgives his sister is meant to convey? He still hates his father, clearly, but the other family members are portrayed a little differently than in MVA.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so pumped for the next issue. I haven't loved a cape series like I love MHA in a long time

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Deku didn't even hear Nana. He just had the following start playing in his head out of nowhere.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Having the duplication quirk is kinda broken, though. Hope him waking up at 75% means that Shiggy won't have it.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I've seen a lot of talk in other places about how X Less should have shot a hole through Shiggy's head just in case and I was wondering what you all thought? Personally I'm fine with it because Heroes don't go around mutilating corpses lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of talk in other places about how X Less should have shot a hole through Shiggy's head just in case and I was wondering what you all thought? Personally I'm fine with it because Heroes don't go around mutilating corpses lol
Heroes supposedly have a "don't kill" rule. It's why Hawks being a pseudo assassin is a big deal story wise.

Nomu don't really count since they're corpses. Despite that, X-Less going around shooting holes in corpses to "make sure they're dead" doesn't sound very hero like.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean high-key they should've made an exception here, but I'm not gonna get genuinely upset that heroes aren't about that life generally speaking

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all against the "you'll be just as bad as they are" and "heroes don't kill no matter what" nonsense in superhero stories (I was fine with Superman offing Zodd in MoS for example).

That being said, it's been established that's how heroes work at least in Japan in this story. Endeavor told the main trio this during the internship, and we saw people like All Might not off AfO despite that clearly being the best thing to do to him. It's also why Hawks just offing Twice should be a big deal.

I'm sure heroes will kill if there's no other choice in the matter, but I don't blame X-Less for not double tapping Shiggy. Shiggy's heart had stopped. There was no reason not to believe he wasn't dead.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
The real issue is that X-less got sidetracked / distracted by a random machine and wanting to destroy it for some reason.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of those things nerds mistake for a plot hole but really isn't. They thought he was dead, yeah? And nothing in his training or background would have "double tap the corpse to be sure" be something he'd ever think of doing unprompted. If he thought he was alive, that'd still be a wild ass thing for him to do. They thought he was comatose (because he was). Just executing the guy might have been the "right" call, but it'd never have been the obvious one, considering the setting.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's pretty clear there is some rule about heroes not being able to kill villains. It's not "heroic" which fits into the heroes within the society being hyper idealized versions of heroes and that being their biggest flaw. It's also why believing that a hero will handle any unfortunate situation is a big point of contention among the villains of the story and is a big basis of the MLA's ideation, as they think it's up to themselves to take up arms as individuals. It also folds well into Shigaraki's backstory which is why I really like the league merger into the PLF. Honestly, I really like this aspect of MHA. The downsides of the hyper idealistic nature of a heroic society is really interesting but I know that Hori could mess it up in the end, but I'm enjoying the ride a lot.

Edit: Also I should say that my concern over how Hori will write the ending has less to do with my opinions of his writing skill and more to do with how I don't see how this predicament has a conclusion. During the MLA arc I thought the solution was quirk erasure but that clearly isn't' happening.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Might really should have given OFA to Mirio. whew this is going to get ugly

100%. As much as I like Deku, he's actually done nothing so far to prove that he would have been a better choice than pretty much anyone else. Least of all being Mirio.

Honestly, Deku probably fought smarter when he wasn't using OFA much.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Telling All Might that he should have given his quirk to Mirio is like telling Mirio he shouldn't have taken the bullet for Eri. They're gonna do what they feel is right.

Also it's pretty clear Deku being quirkless in a society that lets people be very successful if they have a good quirk is clearly leading to Deku creating a world where everyone can be happy. Half of the villains are villains due to the society at hand or their own quirks. Mirio having OfA only serves to suppress the weak who were born that way and boost the strong. It's a problem I have with Deku vs Gentle where you could twist it into the privileged beating down the less privileged, though of course this is avoided because Deku has a different perspective on the matter once being quirkless himself. All Might was right in giving his quirk to Deku.

And while I'm drunk and delivering hot takes, Deku was right to want to save Eri when he first encountered her. Eri needed saving then, just like Tenko needed saving when everyone ignored him, and only Deku saw it while Mirio was complacent to conform to the standards of a flawed society. And like it's weird because this is why All Might chose Deku, because he steps into situations where a hero is needed when when the society cannot provide said hero. We see it in the encounter with Overhaul and Eri here. And yes I know, "but if they got Eri then the yakuza could have disappeared when they were so close to taking them down". Issue is the narrative makes it clear Eri is the central point of their plan. If Deku had saved her then everything would have gone to shit for the Yakuza. Overhaul would have had no plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.