• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The question become what will he do when he wakes, will he eliminate most if not all of the of the Pro Heroes and the remaining goodguys have to escape, eliminate some of the Pro Heroes but get tired due to being at 75% leading to Gigantomachia coming in to rescue him which leads to most of the heroes. Those are the two options i am leaning towards

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
HOLY 0_0. This Chapter 2 Page Spread loooks soooo goood

Here is a dumb thought, how are they going to adapt this arc in the anime. It's no secret that this arc will definetly be the most intensive/difficult arc to adapt in the anime due to the huge amount of focus on action,the amount of charcters and a lot of the sequences will be difficult to do on a budget. Depending on how long this arc last and if S5 ends with the timeskip to March like we are all predicting, honestly i could see this as a straight up MHA Movie adapting the arc in a movie format. This Arc is mostly action focused like the Demon Train Arc so they could adapt it as a movie plus this arc is the end of Act 2 of MHA and will likely be the columation of everything that has happened in Act 2 of MHA so why not go all out on it.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Also the chapter makes it clear that the hand on the back of Shiggy's head, the one that wasn't destroyed, is indeed Nana'.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
All For One has Nana's hand, does it mean he has the rest of her body too
Was Nana turned into a nomu[\spoiler]
I feel like, since AfO is in the business of purely fucking with All Might, he would have used a Nomu Nana sooner on him. I think he just got rid of the rest of the body. Or the hand was all that was left of her and gave AfO the idea to put the hands of Shiggy's family on him.

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
MeatyEnchantingAlligator-size_restricted.gif

Also goodbye X-less, it was nice not really knowing anything about you

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
There is a device on Shiggys left hand (where his fingers used to be) which looks like it can slot into the Docs machine (there's an earlier panel showing X-less looking directly at the port).

I think there's a possibility that Shigaraki can still get to 100%

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hmm, i don't know if i like the direction where this is going.

So Shiggy has AFO's Quirk now?

Shiggy with AFO's Quirk, Deku with all his powers... this can get messy pretty easy.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Hmm, i don't know if i like the direction where this is going.

So Shiggy has AFO's Quirk now?

Shiggy with AFO's Quirk, Deku with all his powers... this can get messy pretty easy.
Wait does he? I thought that was confirmed to be false

Apparently he used Google Translate which may not be the most accurate sooooo it could be false

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yep, it's been confirmed true....sooo how screwed are the heroes,hero society

Well

Shiggys Quirk was already really powerful, and more then enough to do serious damage, but it all depends on what other quirk he has got, or does he needs to collect some first? Also he is at 70%, so maybe there will be some restrictions, how effective those other quirks are.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Well

Shiggys Quirk was already really powerful, and more then enough to do serious damage, but it all depends on what other quirk he has got, or does he needs to collect some first? Also he is at 70%, so maybe there will be some restrictions, how effective those other quirks are.
True but Shigaraki's Decay quirk on its own is going to cause some serious damage especially if he is given a boost...shit is going to go bad for the heroes and honestly i know i have been flipflopping but i think is going to end on a heroes lose

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
True but Shigaraki's Decay quirk on its own is going to cause some serious damage especially if he is given a boost...shit is going to go bad for the heroes and honestly i know i have been flipflopping but i think is going to end on a heroes lose

I'm not sure, if his own quirk got even a boost. I always thought that % meant how much stronger the Doc was making Shiggy's quirk, but now i think it was just percentage showing how far AFO's quirk has been transmitted

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
So, Shigaraki has All for One. GG heroes.

Second age of All for One inbound. Hero society falls, Shigaraki and the PLF rule the ashes, and our heroes have to go underground or flee Japan entirely and work from the shadows to take it all back. Book it.

This chapter does pose quite a few questions though:

1) What is the difference between the original quirk and a replicated quirk?
2) What is the significance of the machine that avoided destruction that Exless was looking at?
3) Why are the believers of the quirk singularity theory referred to as a cult?
4) Since Shigaraki can now take and keep quirks, what purpose will the remaining quirk destroying bullets serve?
5) What does only having 75% of All for One mean?

Shit is about to pop off. Finally. Finally.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
So, Shigaraki has All for One. GG heroes.

Second age of All for One inbound. Hero society falls, Shigaraki and the PLF rule the ashes, and our heroes have to go underground or flee Japan entirely and work from the shadows to take it all back. Book it.

This chapter does pose quite a few questions though:

1) What is the difference between the original quirk and a replicated quirk?
2) What is the significance of the machine that avoided destruction that Exless was looking at?
3) Why are the believers of the quirk singularity theory referred to as a cult?
4) Since Shigaraki can now take and keep quirks, what purpose will the remaining quirk destroying bullets serve?
5) What does only having 75% of All for One mean?

Shit is about to pop off. Finally. Finally.
That's what i am hoping as well...I REALLY HOPE we don't have Shigaraki failing or running away, it's do or die time

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This chapter raised a lot of questions, what i also would like to know

Why did AFO need Docs quirk? I always thought he had some kind of secret quirk cause he is alive for centuries.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, the fact that AFO held onto a discount version of his own quirk while Shiggy has the real deal is... a twist I didn't see coming. That's insane.

But I still don't buy that Shiggy and PLF are going to rule Japan now or something. That seems too glamorous and too easy. The notion that Shiggy is basically the most overpowered unstoppable quirk holder alive just doesn't vibe with me at the moment, it's moving too fast.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
This chapter raised a lot of questions, what i also would like to know

Why did AFO need Docs quirk? I always thought he had some kind of secret quirk cause he is alive for centuries.

It's certainly possible that the Doc's quirk is the sole longevity quirk AfO has been using. I've always been a sucker for history and lore and as such have been curious as to the series timeframe. The Doc is 120 and met AfO 70 years ago. In Chapter 1 we were told Midoriya is in the 5th generation of quirk users. Safe to assume AfO is in the 1st. I've always assumed that AfO was in the ballpark of 200-250 years old, but I guess he's a lot younger than that, more like 140-150. The fact that AfO (pre-All Might crushing his head like a grape anyway) has always looked so young throws me off as to the timing of everything; he probably just has another quirk that keeps his youthful appearance.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's certainly possible that the Doc's quirk is the sole longevity quirk AfO has been using. I've always been a sucker for history and lore and as such have been curious as to the series timeframe. The Doc is 120 and met AfO 70 years ago. In Chapter 1 we were told Midoriya is in the 5th generation of quirk users. Safe to assume AfO is in the 1st. I've always assumed that AfO was in the ballpark of 200-250 years old, but I guess he's a lot younger than that, more like 140-150. The fact that AfO (pre-All Might crushing his head like a grape anyway) has always looked so young throws me off as to the timing of everything; he probably just has another quirk that keeps his youthful appearance.

I also always thought he was over 200 years old, cause of the 5 generations, and suspected he found centuries ago a quirk that lets him live longer, but it makes sense how you describe it. Cause if not, he wouldnt need docs quirk at all.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I also found it interesting, how

at the end of the chapter, it seemed like the quirk inside Deku was saying the words "It's coming", "He is coming".

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing this is how Deku awakens Nana's quirk, as a symbolic measure. Shiggy sheds the small part of Nana he still held onto subconsciously, and now she lives through Deku instead.

Not that I think it'll help them in this situation. I still think a better swerve would be if Deku manifests a different quirk for the upcoming throwdown.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm guessing this is how Deku awakens Nana's quirk, as a symbolic measure. Shiggy sheds the small part of Nana he still held onto subconsciously, and now she lives through Deku instead.

Not that I think it'll help them in this situation. I still think a better swerve would be if Deku manifests a different quirk for the upcoming throwdown.

It may be, but i think it was just all the people inside Deku, and Nanas quirk, although i really love her, is a bit pointless. She could float, didn't she?

I'm really excited, and scared to hell, to be quite honest, how Horikoshi is gonna handle all this.This can either be really brilliant, or we are gonna just get bleach/dragon ball kind of fights at the end,

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I reread this chapter 3 times in past hr, and it's really good. Still finding small hints, like

When Shiggys family is clinging to him, and saying "Don't leave us", that whole picture is really well done. His father infront of hin, standing in his way, like he did as he was child, Nana is kinda above him, and pushing him a bit down.

I guarantee when that is animated it'll be Nana's voice.

The more i think about it, the more sense it makes it. You guys are right!

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized something. May not be the case, but if it is...

So, All for One has a replicated All for One quirk. Shigaraki has the original.

All for One obviously had to swap out the original for the replicate before Kamino.

During Kamino, Gran Torino remarked that AfO's powerset and fighting style was completely different from their initial clash five--now six--years ago. All for One also made remarks on how he was getting used to how the sludge teleportation quirk worked. He also made an off the cuff remark the first time he used the air blasts against All Might about how fun this combination was in a way that implied it was the first time he used it that way.

Do the quirks stolen by All for One stay with the quirk?

Shigaraki has All for One's original quirk. Does that mean that he now has All for One's original powerset of quirks he's been using for the past century?

I've always wondered why All for One would need to restock quirks after the first All Might fight. It made no sense to me. Sure, he was greviously injured and generally weakened, had his head popped like a balloon, but why would that lead to his stolen quirks disappearing? This would provide that explanation.

All for One, with his new replicate All for One quirk with no previously stolen quirks, had to restock. As per the data analysis book, he sent Gigantomachia around the country in the five years after the first All Might fight to kidnap heroes to harvest their quirks. Like, for example, Springlike Limbs from the Springer Agency two years back...

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

All for One obviously had to swap out the original for the replicate before Kamino.

During Kamino, Gran Torino remarked that AfO's powerset and fighting style was completely different from their initial clash five--now six--years ago. All for One also made remarks on how he was getting used to how the sludge teleportation quirk worked. He also made an off the cuff remark the first time he used the air blasts against All Might about how fun this combination was in a way that implied it was the first time he used it that way.

Did All for One trade in his original quirk with his original powerset he's had for the past century to Shigaraki, and then quickly go around collecting a fresh set of quirks for the replicate quirk for himself for his fight at Kamino?
If that's the case then Shigaraki became even more terrfying as he doesn't need to collect Quirks to get stronger as he has all the quirks that were stolen by AFO

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Shigaraki has All for One's original quirk. Does that mean that he now has All for One's original powerset of quirks he's been using for the past century?

I've always wondered why All for One would need to restock quirks after the first All Might fight. It made no sense to me. Sure, he was greviously injured and generally weakened, had his head popped like a balloon, but why would that lead to his stolen quirks disappearing? This would provide that explanation.

All for One, with his new replicate All for One quirk with no previously stolen quirks, had to restock. As per the data analysis book, he sent Gigantomachia around the country in the five years after the first All Might fight to kidnap heroes to harvest their quirks. Like, for example, Springlike Limbs from the Springer Agency two years back...

We dont know much about AFOs quirk, except that he can steel quirks use them, or give them to someone else. We don't know how much he can store, to what percentage he can use those, how long did it take his body to get adjusted to using all those quirks, cause i don't think that is easy on the body. That's why Shiggy was probably in the that tank, the Doc was adjusting his body to AFO's quirk. I don't think Shiggy has all the Quirks that AFO had before.

AFO lost probably all the other quirks, because he had to give up his own quirk and take the duplicate one, so he had to get new quirks, which he did before Kamino.

Also having many quirks is not such a huge advantage, cause AFO lost already two times to All Might, and All Might had just one quirk. I think what is gonna be exciting, what kind of combinations Shiggy will use.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We dont know much about AFOs quirk, except that he can steel quirks use them, or give them to someone else. We don't know how much he can store, to what percentage he can use those, how long did it take his body to get adjusted to using all those quirks, cause i don't think that is easy on the body. That's why Shiggy was probably in the that tank, the Doc was adjusting his body to AFO's quirk. I don't think Shiggy has all the Quirks that AFO had before.

AFO lost probably all the other quirks, because he had to give up his own quirk and take the duplicate one, so he had to get new quirks, which he did before Kamino.

Also having many quirks is not such a huge advantage, cause AFO lost already two times to All Might, and All Might had just one quirk. I think what is gonna be exciting, what kind of combinations Shiggy will use.
Maybe that's what the percentage referred to. % of all for one's stolen quirks that activated.

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
Welp, shit's gonna hit the fan as expected, I'm hyped!

Maybe the difference between an original Quirk and a duplicated one is their efficiency and power? Or that you cannot duplicate a duplicated Quirk, you necessarily need the original to do that? We need to know more!

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Maybe that's what the percentage referred to. % of all for one's stolen quirks that activated.

Could be, but wouldnt it make it a bit confusing? How much of which quirks have been transferred.

I still think the percentage just showed, how far Shiggys body got adjusted to using AFOs quirk. Even the pictures point to this.

In one picture AFO looked like the previos owner of OFA in Dekus vision, if you guys remember. They had black fog around them, and he couldnt see them clearyl. When Shiggy saw AFO in his dream/vision he said "Master, you look like Kurogiri", and this is the same as with Deku. Deku couldnt see anyone at first, but with time as his body adjusted to using OFA he could see some previous members, and this is the same what's happening to Shiggy. He is still at 75% being able to use AFOs quirk, that's why he can't see him clearly.
G4GOdfJ.jpg

Welp, shit's gonna hit the fan as expected, I'm hyped!

Maybe the difference between an original Quirk and a duplicated one is their efficiency and power? Or that you cannot duplicate a duplicated Quirk, you necessarily need the original to do that? We need to know more!

Duplicate is never as good as the original, so its probably weaker, he can't store as many quirks, or use them as good as with the original quirk. Probably why he gave Shiggy the original and kept the duplicate, if not, then there would be no reason to give Shiggy the original one.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The existing scanlations might be erroneous by the way, someone brought up that when Doc talks to Mic about him being Kurogiri's friend, Doc isn't saying he originally wanted "preservation", he's actually telling Mic that he was trying to get the Erasure quirk.

Make of that what you will.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am waiting on offical translations to get a clearer reveiw but i am pretty sure Shigaraki getting OFA is true

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The existing scanlations might be erroneous by the way, someone brought up that when Doc talks to Mic about him being Kurogiri's friend, Doc isn't saying he originally wanted "preservation", he's actually telling Mic that he was trying to get the Erasure quirk.

Make of that what you will.

Ohh, hmm, when are the official translations coming? Sundays? I think i will wait from now on, cause every time something gets translated wrong.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I hope we get to see Toga's reaction to Twice's death beyond what we already got in his death chapter. Feel like her and Compress are cooking up some scheme though maybe not. We still have to see the conclusion to the Hawks/Tokoyami/Dabi stuff and we know Hori has to be gearing up for Giga to go on a rampage so there might not be time for anything else.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got caught up on everything after taking several weeks off and man oh man can I not wait for all this to be animated.

It's going to be one of the most hype arcs of the series in terms of animation so far I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.