• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2018
I hope a student or 2 gets killed off this arc. Tokoyami is in a position to be killed so maybe. I just don't want it to be another series where only like 4 "good" guys die in the entire series.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
CzJ2pqy_d.webp

It's okay I feel you
tumblr_pepibtRogL1swgj57_1280.jpg

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda sad there's no discussions happening just cause we're on break... Ah, well, at least we're finally back this week. Hoping to see Tokoyami and Hawks' side again. Shigaraki and Mirko can wait.

... I seriously hope we're not getting Deku and co.'s perspective this week. That'd suck. I wanna see that too but not right now when the stakes are so high for the other two teams.

Tace Bro, RE3 is siiiick. I'm enjoying it so much, more so than RE2 because it's not nearly as scary (HAH) and the slightly more action-oriented gameplay is more my style, I guess?

The section where I play as Carlos at the RPD stressed me out so much because I wasn't used to spending so much ammo so I was still playing carefully but there were a ton of zombies. I also find Carlos' cross punch harder to do... I know the timing is earlier, the opposite of Jill's perfect dodge, but I kept failing so I reloaded my file so many times, lol. Was enjoying it more once I got better though, of course.

I hate Lickers though. Fuck those guys. Fuck them to hell. Ugh. At least I got to spray their faces with an assault rifle this time around. Not quite as satisfying as using a shotgun though, I suppose.

Just kicked Nemesis' ass at the plaza, by the way.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
... I seriously hope we're not getting Deku and co.'s perspective this week. That'd suck. I wanna see that too but not right now when the stakes are so high for the other two teams.

Don't think we're there just yet, that whole part is dependent on whatever ends up going down in Ujikos lab (whether that's shiggy waking up or the high ends escaping).

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Don't think we're there just yet, that whole part is dependent on whatever ends up going down in Ujikos lab (whether that's shiggy waking up or the high ends escaping).
I hope you're right, but I can imagine something happening unrelated to that, perhaps some other PLF members who happened to be at the city (though that seems unlikely given the scene with Sliding Go before) would cause problems for the evacuation team.

Now that I think about it though, I like that the trio are part of the evac team rather than an attack team. Normally you'd expect the latter since they're very powerful and skilled combatants, so it's a pleasant change to have them do other things.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I hope you're right, but I can imagine something happening unrelated to that, perhaps some other PLF members who happened to be at the city (though that seems unlikely given the scene with Sliding Go before) would cause problems for the evacuation team.

Now that I think about it though, I like that the trio are part of the evac team rather than an attack team. Normally you'd expect the latter since they're very powerful and skilled combatants, so it's a pleasant change to have them do other things.

Agreed, I'd be very curious to see how Bakugou gets on with Evac, considering how much of a mess he made of it during the provisional exam.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Kinda sad there's no discussions happening just cause we're on break... Ah, well, at least we're finally back this week. Hoping to see Tokoyami and Hawks' side again. Shigaraki and Mirko can wait.

Tace Bro, RE3 is siiiick. I'm enjoying it so much, more so than RE2 because it's not nearly as scary (HAH) and the slightly more action-oriented gameplay is more my style, I guess?

The section where I play as Carlos at the RPD stressed me out so much because I wasn't used to spending so much ammo so I was still playing carefully but there were a ton of zombies. I also find Carlos' cross punch harder to do... I know the timing is earlier, the opposite of Jill's perfect dodge, but I kept failing so I reloaded my file so many times, lol. Was enjoying it more once I got better though, of course.

I hate Lickers though. Fuck those guys. Fuck them to hell. Ugh. At least I got to spray their faces with an assault rifle this time around. Not quite as satisfying as using a shotgun though, I suppose.

Just kicked Nemesis' ass at the plaza, by the way.
I hope this arc is pretty long, give us some time to check in with everyone, so yeah I'm good on seeing Deku and co. right now as well.

RE3 is a great game, yeah! Glad you're enjoying it. I think not having played the original actually works out for new players as they don't notice the changes.

RE3 is def not as scary as 2, though Nemmy did give me some moments. I think a lot of that also has to do with Jill being a bad ass. This isn't her first rodeo and I love her so much in this. They nailed her character and I hope this reminds the fandom that Jill is the best RE character :) Love what they do with Brad, Carlos, and the rest of the U.B.C.S

Yeah Carlos at the R.P.D is intense. Great section. RE2 conditions you to save ammo so it's funny RE3 wants you to use it all, especially with Carlos lol. I was using the handgun with Carlos at first, trying to play it safe much like yourself. When I got to the west side hallway and like 7 zombies hit the corner on me I switched to the assault rifle and never looked back lol

Lickers I didn't mind too much. I used my flash nades and ran from the bastards. Never tested if you could sneak by them like in RE2 though. Oh, what did you think of Brad?

I finished P5 Royal(seriously dude I can't wait for you to play that one...whew)right after I beat RE3 but I really need to go back and get the Platinum. If you beat Nemmy at the clock tower you should be in the hospital with Carlos. Getting close to the end bro

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wouldn't expect them before the usual time at this rate. It's only two days away anyways

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
How long do you guys think this arc will last for? I don't think Shiggy is actually done yet.

I think it will go very close to 300. Maybe end at 294-295. Then do the fallout from this arc and lead up to Ch.300 which I really hope is the Dabi = Toya reveal

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I don't think Hori has it in him to do an almost fifty chapter arc after the Overhaul arc. I don't see this going beyond 18-185 imo.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How long do you guys think this arc will last for? I don't think Shiggy is actually done yet.

I think it will go very close to 300. Maybe end at 294-295. Then do the fallout from this arc and lead up to Ch.300 which I really hope is the Dabi = Toya reveal

Overhaul length? So many characters in play, and Deku hasn't even done anything yet. Feels like we're just getting started

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't think Hori has it in him to do an almost fifty chapter arc after the Overhaul arc. I don't see this going beyond 18-185 imo.
Fair point. I think the characters being spread out further could help though. He won't have to draw hallways week after week. Plus he's not sick this time like he was during the Overhaul arc.
Overhaul length? So many characters in play, and Deku hasn't even done anything yet. Feels like we're just getting started
Yeah, it does still feel like we're in Act 1 of this thing

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know Hori supposedly doesn't do well with long arcs but this arc feels like there's still a lot that needs to happen to me

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It's pretty clear that Hori's power level right now is much, much higher than it was during the Yakuza arc.
Still I don't know if that necessarily means this arc will as long or longer.
Where we are right now could either be the midway point of the arc of the end of the first third.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hori doesn't seem to be as restrained in this arc like he was for the yakuza arc, so I can easily see it lasting as long or longer. Though it could go anywhere at this point so I wouldn't even be surprised if it's over in another 5. That's what makes it pretty exciting currently.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I hope this arc is pretty long, give us some time to check in with everyone, so yeah I'm good on seeing Deku and co. right now as well.

RE3 is a great game, yeah! Glad you're enjoying it. I think not having played the original actually works out for new players as they don't notice the changes.

RE3 is def not as scary as 2, though Nemmy did give me some moments. I think a lot of that also has to do with Jill being a bad ass. This isn't her first rodeo and I love her so much in this. They nailed her character and I hope this reminds the fandom that Jill is the best RE character :) Love what they do with Brad, Carlos, and the rest of the U.B.C.S

Yeah Carlos at the R.P.D is intense. Great section. RE2 conditions you to save ammo so it's funny RE3 wants you to use it all, especially with Carlos lol. I was using the handgun with Carlos at first, trying to play it safe much like yourself. When I got to the west side hallway and like 7 zombies hit the corner on me I switched to the assault rifle and never looked back lol

Lickers I didn't mind too much. I used my flash nades and ran from the bastards. Never tested if you could sneak by them like in RE2 though. Oh, what did you think of Brad?

I finished P5 Royal(seriously dude I can't wait for you to play that one...whew)right after I beat RE3 but I really need to go back and get the Platinum. If you beat Nemmy at the clock tower you should be in the hospital with Carlos. Getting close to the end bro
Dude you will not believe what I just got in the mail today, lmao.

(partial reply)

I got attached to Brad pretty quickly after reading that letter at Jill's place and meeting him soon after. (man, what an opening scene!) I didn't expect him to survive given I've not heard much about him... but seeing him get bit as he tried to hold the door back and everything was sad. Even worse was Martin meeting him outside RPD... then having to put him down. 😢

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know Hori supposedly doesn't do well with long arcs but this arc feels like there's still a lot that needs to happen to me
I mean, we've got a sample size of... what, two? Yakuza was fairly long, and so was MVA. The former was not great, the latter was aces.

Mostly it's just that he doesn't do long arcs. Even those are a lot shorter than what a "long" arc looks like in other series.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely would not call MVA a long arc, even for his standards.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think it's less about Hori's health and more about him clearly just liking shorter arcs more. I can see this arc becoming like the camp arc into the Kamino arc with a massive shift halfway through but technically still being two arcs. Perhaps this shift will come when the evac team gets involved after everything done in the mansion and hospital.

Though honestly I have no idea how Deku's team is gonna get involved at all. Definitely the biggest question mark for me in this whole thing.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It was 41 chapters to MVA's 23, nearly double the length. Ironically enough the MVA arc was slightly shorter than the Joint Training arc.
Oh, wow, I thought it was closer to 28 or so.

Yeah, so, more than anything, we don't have more than one example of a long arc. Maybe that just means Hori can't do them, or maybe it's just that Yakuza had other problems at the time, like his health.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Well I'm back and...

Yeah seems about right, see you all tonight for our regular scheduling lmao

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's time lads, some pics are out

Looks like there's some internal struggle with Shiggy's family. Really fucking cool visualization with all their hands on him holding him back

Last edited:

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
SHIGARAKI IS AWAKE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, SHIGARAKI IS AWAKE.

That imagery of his family attempting to hold him back with their hands in their actual places is incredible. Based on that shot, Nana is confirmed to be the odd hand out.

And based on the fourth pic, I assume that Shigaraki successfully 'dusts' his family away for the final time and is about to move on Exless.

Woo boy, here we go.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Last page cuts back to the evacuation team, with Midoriya looking as shook as I've ever seen him in the manga with the tagline "It's coming, it's coming!"

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The trope of the hero's deceased friends/family propelling him to life from the brink of death is something I really hate but I love how here it's the family of the villain trying to keep him dead lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.