• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
hmmm not sure what to make of this. Art is amazing first off. They say Shiggy's not breathing but no way he's dead Hori that trick won't work.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People saying Miruko's lost more body parts than just an arm but it's hard to tell with that scan quality.

Another break incoming lol.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
In the last panel, AFO says that he's dreaming
"He" as in himself or "he" as in Shigaraki? I was thinking maybe he could save Shigaraki remotely and sacrifice himself in the process since the machine would kill him but he'd have to have such an impressive long range quirk and he'd have to act so fast.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
"He" as in himself or "he" as in Shigaraki? I was thinking maybe he could save Shigaraki remotely and sacrifice himself in the process since the machine would kill him but he'd have to have such an impressive long range quirk and he'd have to act so fast.

the rough translation is "the demon king is dreaming", so he means Shigaraki.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hori would have to have some massive gall if he killed off the most popular villain with no final fanfare. It's just not happening. But I also have no idea where any of this is going now lmao

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Translation of the final panel is apparently "The Demon King is dreaming" which, in what I'm sure is a complete coincidence, is the name of the villain from the comic AfO talked about with his brother.

And, in what I'm sure is another complete coincidence and not at all a foreshadowing of the direction this story is taking, if you'll recall the first holder said this about that comic: "In that world controlled by the Demon King, the hero of justice never gave up the struggle and fought through the pain, and in the end he saved everyone."

Sure, Shigaraki isn't breathing, but the entire hero team is now down in the lab and the final panel is All for One grinning ear to ear.

Like, it seems pretty obvious to me what general direction this is heading.

Given that 270 was originally supposed to be the pre-Golden Week chapter and, based on the math, will likely be the last chapter of a volume, I'm gonna take a shot that the end of 270 is going to cut to the evacuation team and we see from afar the hospital getting dusted.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I really do wonder how long this arc is gonna be and if we go back to school stuff after this...i hope not

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
man next chapter is going to be a blood bath
I think we might be back at the mansion next chapter, we need to see what happens with Tokoyami and Dabi. Whatever is happening with Shigaraki and AfO now feels like end of arc stuff.

Also off topic but I just re-read the AfO backstory stuff and I never realized that Shigaraki after he frees himself agaisnt Redestro is definitely meant to look like AfO talking to his underlings in Deku's dream with the flowing cloak that seems to be becoming like air at the end. Small touch but I like making these connections when rereading.

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So do you think they'll take Shigaraki in or will he wake up? Also, is this the end of the hospital raid?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Who do you think is most likely to die if Shigaraki kills a well established charcter
what I see happening is Shigaraki going off like a nuke on the whole city and Crust using his shield powers to protect the Heroes that Horikoshi doesn't want to kill yet(Endeavour and Mirko) but I can see Aizawa needing to die because of his overpowered quirk is hard to write around

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...

Maybe they're going to capture Shigaraki, bring him back to Tartarus, and then he wakes up there and everything goes to hell? Or he's about to wake up after a brief dream sequence and things go to hell here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Seeing the talk about that comic is kind of mad hype. It does hint that the villans will win here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Endeavor is cauterizing Miruko's wounds.

Love how Present Mic just socks the Doc in the jaw.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if Shiggy is going to be taken in right here. Its possible he revives himself and dusts the guy pinning him, and pottentially Mic as well. Either way, I still have to assume something happens to let Deku's group get some action/We need resolution with Tokyami/Hawks/Dabi. At this point I'm thinking Giga is going to wake up, disrupt the Hawks side of things, and head towards Shiggy, which will get the students involved.

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
Omfg the art is indeed amazing, I love it.

Yeah Shigaraki is definitely gonna wake up and go apeshit on some heroes, I can feel it. Battle isn't over yet.

Also, am I the only one who chuckled when seeing Endeavor's handkerchief? It has flame patterns on it, I think it's kinda cute lmao

Hang in there, Mirko ;_;

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There are too many spoiler tags
let's discuss something random so I won't go crazy

so let's elect who is the strongest 1B student?
My vote goes for Honekuni

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I really hope the theory that Shigaraki is done and he gets to prison is not true

I really don't like the villains losing and being sent to prison as it makes the whole Meta Liberation Thing Pointless

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what the manga has told us, Tokage ought to theoretically be 1B's S-tier contender. She has an extremely powerful quirk, she can use it well, but she jobbed pretty badly so for her sake I hope she gets another moment to show what she can do - with a little less hubris.

Honenuki imo has a Mirio/Gentle thing going for him where his quirk doesn't really seem all that practical but he's quickly shown why he's shot up the ladder with it. I don't think we've seen enough of him to make a proper assessment yet but I can buy the argument for it being him.

In practice, for the time being I actually think Tetsutetsu has made the most compelling case for being 1B's best, despite having a pretty basic quirk. He managed to go head-to-head with Shoto, who for the time being is arguably the strongest 1-A student (Bakugo may have beaten him before but it's clear he did so when Shoto was holding back). That said I think this may be a case of more screen time working toward his favor.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Random side tangent while looking through some of those quirks; in regards to Deku's new quirks he's still awakening to, I'm actually curious whether he'll be gaining any quirks that aren't Emitter quirks. I feel a Transformation quirk ought to be expected at some point.

Him awakening to a Mutant quirk would be tricky to do, by design those are permanent... but then again, they are still hiding the designs of previous OFA holders. Maybe Deku will undergo some kind of permanent physical change lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Random side tangent while looking through some of those quirks; in regards to Deku's new quirks he's still awakening to, I'm actually curious whether he'll be gaining any quirks that aren't Emitter quirks. I feel a Transformation quirk ought to be expected at some point.

Him awakening to a Mutant quirk would be tricky to do, by design those are permanent... but then again, they are still hiding the designs of previous OFA holders. Maybe Deku will undergo some kind of permanent physical change lol.

That could be really interesring

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I kinda wonder, if this War Arc is going to be one of the longest arcs in MHA and is basically going to lead to a massive shift to MHA in terms of story and ton. Would it be better if they adapted the War Arc in 12 Episodes so that more budget can be given to episodes then going for the 24 Episode length

Status
Not open for further replies.