• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Been thinking about Dabi, is it bad that while i feel he has a sympathetic backstory - i consider him one of the least sympathetic charcters in MHA. I sympathise less with Dabi then i do with Shigaraki.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Like i feel somewhat sorry for Dabi since his shit backstory but the way the flashback presented itself. Dabi was always a bit messed up in the head whose worse traits only got increased thanks to what Endeavour did. Unlike Shigaraki who seemed to be a nice person before his fall - Dabi already had some of his worst traits but what happened to him amplified them.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Been thinking about Dabi, is it bad that while i feel he has a sympathetic backstory - i consider him one of the least sympathetic charcters in MHA. I sympathise less with Dabi then i do with Shigaraki.
I feel the same type of sympathy as seeing a asshole kid raised by asshole parents, sure it sucks that he was raised to be a jackass but he's still a jackass and I'm going to hate him all the same

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Like i feel somewhat sorry for Dabi since his shit backstory but the way the flashback presented itself. Dabi was always a bit messed up in the head whose worse traits only got increased thanks to what Endeavour did. Unlike Shigaraki who seemed to be a nice person before his fall - Dabi already had some of his worst traits but what happened to him amplified them.
He was not messed up normally Endeavor drilled it into his head

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
so if all of Class A is there then we could have traitor confirmation during this fight, once more Hitmen show up then its clear it someone from Class A

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but it seemed to be that there was always some darkness/ambition in Dabi already and Endeavour's training amplified it.
Dabi probably would have just become a Bakugo at worst if he was raised properly or given the support he needed
Endeavor actions made Dabi worse than he would have been
Dabi was a troubled kid but basically abandoning him and not even trying to not make him feel like a failure made him spiral

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Dabi probably would have just become a Bakugo at worst if he was raised properly or given the support he needed
Endeavor actions made Dabi worse than he would have been
Yeah. I agree with that if Dabi grew up normally he would probalby be more like Bakugo then anyone else.

Also Bakugou's face when he is sarcastic clapping

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying that Dabi kills are Endeavor fault necessarily unless you want to be reductive just that Endeavor was a shitty dad and gave up on him

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I was a little skeptical of the reorder to begin with, but I think that between it and them spending nearly half of the season that it's clear that they'd prefer to minimize the MVA arc to the greatest extent possible. They blew through the Pro Hero arc last season too, so I'm inclined to agree with the theory that the production sees class 1-A as the only real selling point and will move aggressively to cut down on any story beats not featuring them. War arc is probably gonna be a mess.

Fortunately, I was always on team #readthemanga, because the source material is almost always better.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wish any of my friends and family read the manga for well any anime. They're all anime only watchers and are missing out on the good shit. I can't say a word about MVA or anything happening now :(. I really wanna see anime only reactions to MVA too.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed, we might never see the detnerat commercial or redestro killing that employee

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Man that would suck, it was great seeing the whiplash from the dumb commercial to him killing his assistant in cold blood after he insulted the MLA and then being sad about "being forced" to do it

Edit: oh yeah i forgot that because the anime changed it the scene is ruined as we will now know that ReDestro is a villain, also yes the stakes are ruined when we know they are fine

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The whole arc is already off anyways since it starts with narration saying it's the end for the LoV and it has multiple fake out deaths for Toga(who we see next episode)
Ill wait and hope the previews are bullshit but i wouldn't have revealed any of the leaders early so then you can at least pretend the Hori would get rid of the LoV and some stakes

otherwise there's no point to making it a mystery

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean even if the anime had a perfect adaptation i would still be team manga just for the art

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's wild to me that the moment Horikoshi veers his story away from being all about Class 1A for a bit, the production committee or whoever can turn around and say "no, fuck that arc, we don't like that"

Like, Oda benched all of the non-Luffy Straw Hats for quite a while with Amazon Lily/Impel Down/Marineford and Toei didn't throw a fit and start changing shit (other than adding some filler, but that was gonna happen either way). It just seems like a shitty thing to do to Horikoshi. He wrote the story that way for a reason, and they're fucking it up because they must think they know better.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Neither is JJK
and hopefully csm too 🤞🤞

Eh I wouldn't put them on the same level, while JJK's anime is better so far, I don't feel like I played myself by reading the source material, it has a real grit to it that I appreciate

As for Chainsaw Man, definitely not. Even if the anime adaptation is godtier, Chainsaw Man has a lot of godly paneling that provides a unique experience the anime isn't always going to be able to properly match.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I wouldn't put them on the same level, while JJK's anime is better so far, I don't feel like I played myself by reading the source material, it has a real grit to it that I appreciate

As for Chainsaw Man, definitely not. Even if the anime adaptation is godtier, Chainsaw Man has a lot of godly paneling that provides a unique experience the anime isn't always going to be able to properly match.
I have no idea how they will adapt some of the demon powers

Some of them only really makes or look cool because of the comic format Like the demon hand that would come out side the panel and flick his finger at the butt of the sword to add momentum

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how they will adapt some of the demon powers

Some of them only really makes or look cool because of the comic format Like the demon hand that would come out side the panel and flick his finger at the butt of the sword to add momentum

Yep exactly, the Chainsaw Man manga has a bunch of moments that make full use of its medium

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think people need to relax about the anime adaptation and the changing of arc orders until this season/the series is over. I know we're all still recovering from the tragedy that was TPN s2, but nightmares like that aren't super common.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Was TPN s2 that bad?
From what i heard (read a chunk of the manga including the arc they skipped)
They skipped a very popular arc and excised a very popular character and compressed the material they do have as a result then so shit happens all of a sudden with the time needed and confusing and rushed as a result because new characters appear who thr heroes known but you haven't seen the events and that popular character they skipped was relagated to a note
Imagine if MHA s2 cut Gran Torino, then skipped the Stain arc, then jumped to the war arc where Shigaraki reveals he got all that power to betray A4O and help the heroes beat him.

That's the equivalent of what TPN s2 did.

Plus the climax ended in a sideshow

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
From what i heard (read a chunk of the manga including the arc they skipped)
They skipped a very popular arc and excised a very popular character as a result then so shit happens all of a sudden with the time needed

Plus the climax ended in a sideshow

That was just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It was a popular manga what happened

There is speculation that due to the manga being over, the plan was for a rewritten s2 anime to skip content and set up for a TPN movie that would finish the story. However the anime did so poorly that said film became a slide show in the final episode. Also the author of TPN kept adding in new bonus chapters to retcon or try to explain some of the weaker parts of the story, so some think the idea to change s2 was the author George Lucasing his own story.

While we'll probably never get the full "what the hfil happened", it's clear something went wrong behind the scenes even just looking at the first half and second half of s2 of TPN.

Also fun fact, TPN s2 has one of the major antagonist change sides with a Batman v Super esque "Martha" twist.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's wild to me that the moment Horikoshi veers his story away from being all about Class 1A for a bit, the production committee or whoever can turn around and say "no, fuck that arc, we don't like that"

Like, Oda benched all of the non-Luffy Straw Hats for quite a while with Amazon Lily/Impel Down/Marineford and Toei didn't throw a fit and start changing shit (other than adding some filler, but that was gonna happen either way). It just seems like a shitty thing to do to Horikoshi. He wrote the story that way for a reason, and they're fucking it up because they must think they know better.
Presumably Hori approved the decision but who knows how things went down

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think Deku is losing this fight despite his weakened state. It feels more thematically appropriate for him to finally beat Bakugo but realize he's lost his way in the process.

He's probably going to have an epiphany moment once he's taken them down I reckon, since 1-A is probably not going to convince him by beating him up.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
this chapter is so good
deku vs class a aside, I love how Shoto confronted endeavor for him not keeping up his promise
i also like how it gave all the 4 closest to deku some insight, iida, shoto, bakugo and ochako

Status
Not open for further replies.