• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah death arms giving up when at the start Of the series it seemed more like mt lady would be the one to do it really shows her growth imo

Funny how it contrast with yesterday's episode. Fan service, fashion biz heroes, right?

Same with Endeavor not answering Shoto's calls this chapter.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stain's getting what he wanted at least with all these pros quitting.

Wonder if any of the students have quit. Would be weird if none of them did. Please let one be Mineta.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Godddddd what a chapter. Few thoughts, in no particular order:

-I don't think we're going to entirely bypass the hired gun/bounty hunter stuff. Deku is still righteously powerful, but I'd expect some people to get clever or have some ace in the hole to really push him. If anything's happening to All Might, it's probably getting kidnapped as leverage.

-Is Horikoshi just the straight-up best artist in weekly Jump? Feels like it. Absolute tour de force these last few chapters.

-I really liked the conversation with the adults and the scene of the big guy retiring - unlike the Samurai, he's somebody we're familiar with, he's shown up over and over, and even for him, the current state of affairs is too much. It puts the current predicament into perspective. Deku might be strong enough to beat down anybody who's coming for him, but that's not enough. Things are still really bad.

-I think that we're definitely looking at a Deku Retrieval arc kicking off soon. That's what Shoto's texts are probably about. Kids are likely going to pop up in a big damn heroes kind of moment.

-STAIN YO. I think that he's not going to fight Deku, though he may have been offered a chance to. I think he's probably going to offer a teamup, a way to get some extra edge, and we'll go through a temptation story.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
why would he kill him now? If anything I think Stain would want answers
He can ask him a question and then kill him
Stain only goes after false heroes. He isn't going to lay a finger on All Might. Now Stain fighting Deku...I can count that as a possibility because of his current state.
People tend to forget Stain has a insane warped perspective, he can probably see killing All Might as a way to motivate Deku, there's also the possibility that he can change his perspective on All Might when sees his weakened state and see him as a fake

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Imo Horikoshi is easily the best Weekly Jump artist right now and it's not even close.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Deku is powerful but AFO can send all Nomus + every villain out there. AFO is definitely playing with him.

It's always a game with AFO.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
To see Deku in this state I would've preferred a more traumatic event happen to him first. Like he was on the path to becoming this way but the way we jumped to it was so off to me. It's like if you wanna have your HxH moment fine but we haven't reached an emotional high from the last time we saw "regular" Deku for him to become this

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That Deku glow up, whew.

He REALLY needs someone (Bakugo) to slap him upside the head and tell him he can't do everything alone

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Pretty sure Death Arms even had one of his sidekicks get murked by Toga in the war so unsurprisingly he ain't feeling too hot

To see Deku in this state I would've preferred a more traumatic event happen to him first. Like he was on the path to becoming this way but the way we jumped to it was so off to me. It's like if you wanna have your HxH moment fine but we haven't reached an emotional high from the last time we saw "regular" Deku for him to become this
Eh, Deku is pretty much in the worst possible situation for the type of person he is. Deku isn't really out of character here, he's just in a position where every flaw he has is bubbling up in massive ways. I guess what I'm saying is this isn't such a shift that I would have expected something more personally traumatic would have happened.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Deku's costume this arc needs a name so I can search art for it more easily. All I see is "new costume" or "vigilante costume". Given this chapter, I propose "Demonbunny".

Also, if Toga had a crush on Izuku before all this...

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
And Stain won't kill All Might. If he had any blood lust, Danger sense might have kicked in.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest crime of no Arc Sys MHA fighting game is that we will never see this deku with a guilty gear style entrance

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm supposed to believe that Bakugo hasn't been training like a madman since Deku left?

Insanity

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if Shoto is trying to contact Enji because of the rumors about Vigilante Deku, the way Endeavor ghosted him made it seem like he's keeping Shoto in the dark about what exactly is going on.

And I love it when he leans into that stuff

It's either going to be Stain or Bakugo that gets through to Deku. I'm still waiting to see what Kacchan's reaction to Deku leaving was.

Surely it would be Uraraka that snaps him out of it? With her whole "who will save the heroes?" bit.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if Deku uses black whip for surprise attacks looking at how he has it out like extra arms on that final page.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think that's how Danger Sense or Blood lust work

Screenshot-20210620-202353-Shonen-Jump.jpg

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Kacchan has known Deku the longest and Stain has a unique perspective on things that might resonate with Deku. Not saying Uraraka couldn't get through to him though, it's definitely possible

True, Bakugou snapping him out of it would definitely bring things around full circle, but it would be weird for Hori to pivot Uraraka's character arc in that direction, only to then not follow through on it.

At the very least I'm sure Bakugou will go after him one way or another, Dude must be livid at Deku right now, what happens when they meet though…

Bakugo: "Dammit, Deku! FIGHT ME!"

*loses instantly*

Uraraka: "Okay, we need to try a different approach here..."

i could see the kamino gang + Bakugou go after Deku, only to get absolutely bodied by him, at which point Ururaka is the one who gets through to him.

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
True, Bakugou snapping him out of it would definitely bring things around full circle, but it would be weird for Hori to pivot Uraraka's character arc in that direction, only to then not follow through on it.
Even if she isn't the one to break Deku out of this funk, it's quite possible the "who will save the heroes" bit was meant to be taken literally and she'll save Deku's ass at the perfect moment. That would be amazing
At the very least I'm sure Bakugou will go after him one way or another, Dude must be livid at Deku right now, what happens when they meet though…
The fact that we never got Kacchan's reaction is very telling. There's a good chance they already talked one on one before he left, we just don't know. Makes me think there might be a good bit of story there.

I don't see Bakugo just chilling at U.A. while all this is happening. He said he had to surpass Deku, the chosen one. He's not gonna do that staying in class while Deku is risking his life daily

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Best chapter in awhile. Even if the whole we all barely managed to survive the mansion explosion despite no one looking worse for wear was a bit lame.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
We only saw endeavor and Deku in the mansion so I'm less upset at that. It'd be another thing if someone like Kamui Woods was up in that lmao

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Bakugo needs a different anchor than Deku in the story, mostly because I kind of want him to mingle with a different group, but also because what good would it do for him to be the one to snap Deku out of his funk? He almost died departing that sentiment of "don't do everything on your own" to him, and Deku still didn't take that to heart yet. At this point I almost feel like Bakugo would probably disavow dealing with him because his sacrifice meant nothing. It'd be more interesting to see how Bakugo might've mellowed not having to think about him for a change.

Also this chapter made me realize, is Mt. Lady the most underrated female character in this series or what? She's one of the first heroes ever introduced in this series and is presented as everything that the MHA universe has sort of spent its time criticizing about them being more concerned about admiration and being in the spotlight. She even has a pretty stereotypical rivalry with Midnight since they're both presented as vain attention lovers, yet she's consistently gone to bat multiple times in protecting the kids even during the Hideout Raid Arc, as well as successfully subduing Machia enough for the kids to do their work in the War arc. And now despite society going through a turning point that would've probably treated her horribly were this the Mt. Lady we saw at the beginning of the series, she's sticking around and fighting anyway. It's funny cause it sort of feels like half of this stuff wasn't even intentional when you look at how other female characters are handled. I wouldn't be surprised if the impetus keeping Mt. Lady was just because it'd be a bit too much to get rid of both Midnight and her, but somehow we've accidentally landed in a situation where Mt. Lady has shown some pretty cool side character progression.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird chapter conclusion, felt too soon for him to become a lone wolf in just ike four or five chapters since gladly taking the bento. Like, I could have seen if something traumatic like one of the people around him had been injured or something.

Kamui Woods and Edgeshot really being in this inner circle is such a strange gathering of characters. Wonder if Horikoshi wishes he put a few more pro-heros with meaningful roles in the early part of the series so we wouldn't stuck with these characters here.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Weird chapter conclusion, felt too soon for him to become a lone wolf in just ike four or five chapters since gladly taking the bento. Like, I could have seen if something traumatic like one of the people around him had been injured or something.

Kamui Woods and Edgeshot really being in this inner circle is such a strange gathering of characters. Wonder if Horikoshi wishes he put a few more pro-heros with meaningful roles in the early part of the series so we wouldn't stuck with these characters here.

Well didn't we skip a few months between the first and second bento?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm willing to bet that a lot have which is why we haven't seen UA at all yet.

The exact opposite, I think. The reason these heroes are quitting is because they've been heroes for years, they know what to expect from their job, and what's happening now is completely outside of the scope of what they were prepared to do. In contrast, Class 1-A was attacked by villains in their first week of school.

Maybe it's the same reason new heroes like Mt. Lady are also sticking around—they aren't yet used to what a hero career is "supposed" to be like, so they're more willing to accept this new role. The whole "risking your life to gloriously save the day" thing is how the media presents pro heroes, so these characters are perhaps more accepting of that mindset since they haven't been heroes for long enough to internalize that it's all a front.

Status
Not open for further replies.