• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Damn I have so much egg on my face right now

To be fair this whole chapter reshuffle is so confusing i mean:

We're getting the aftermath of JTA and Bakugou/Shoto getting their provisional licenses next episode as expected, only for it to jump all the way to 241/242 the episode after, only for it to then jump back to MVA?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair this whole chapter reshuffle is so confusing i mean:

We're getting the aftermath of JTA and Bakugou/Shoto getting their provisional licenses next episode as expected, only for it to jump all the way to 241/242 the episode after, only for it to then jump back to MVA?

I think they will use "meanwhile...the league of villains were..."

Something like that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think they might just be spinning their wheels until the end of the cour. 13 episodes, right? Next up is 12, then 13 next week, then they do the League of Villains. Have it coincide with the split.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still holding on my Dad of One coins dammit. Yes its stupid but I still want it to be real.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
E3fczwoXMAAePT1.png

Cursed…..

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Seeing the scans..yeah Lady Nagant is dead. Actually wait seems like they were brought to an ambulance so maybe Nagant lived. I guess it's more an unknown at this stage..poor Deku looks dead inside. I kinda hope that we get a scene with The Top 3 admitting that Deku no matter how strong he is shouldn't have to bear all this loss and sadness.

Last edited:

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
What was even the point of Overhaul been there is he will not heal her, it only makes AFO look dumb since the explosion didn't kill Nagant despite that being clearly his intention as well the one in the mansion because lol at the MC dying

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Overhaul really was there for no other reason than to ID Deku and for Deku to sass him into dust.

Endeavor calling on paramedics for Nagant with no immediate kill confirm like what happened with Midnight, we've definitely not seen the last of her.

Still kind of bored of everything going according to keikaku when it comes to AFO. It's expected that he's planned for contingencies but you just can't win with this clown. I kinda like how cartoonishly machiavellian he is but I think I'd like it more if the entire setting wasn't so dour and hopeless as of present. Really hope we see some optimism injected into this series soon.

Anyway it seems like this was a fairly short lived Deku power trip, interesting that AFO points out he doesn't care about All Might anymore, so is that supposed to un-death flag him? I doubt the explosion would do anything to take out Deku or Endeavor, dunno about the rest though. Seems a little too obvious.

I'm guessing at this juncture AFO is trying to break Deku's spirit for him to embrace dark side heroics, like that one time Bakugo's wound triggered a transformation state which AFO responded gleefully to.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
All these flashbacks to Nagant when she was a bright eyed bushy tailed youth gives me the distinct impression I'm suppose to feel for her, and boy, I just don't know about that.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Overhaul really was there for no other reason than to ID Deku and for Deku to sass him into dust.

Endeavor calling on paramedics for Nagant with no immediate kill confirm like what happened with Midnight, we've definitely not seen the last of her.

Still kind of bored of everything going according to keikaku when it comes to AFO. It's expected that he's planned for contingencies but you just can't win with this clown. I kinda like how cartoonishly machiavellian he is but I think I'd like it more if the entire setting wasn't so dour and hopeless as of present. Really hope we see some optimism injected into this series soon.

Anyway it seems like this was a fairly short lived Deku power trip, interesting that AFO points out he doesn't care about All Might anymore, so is that supposed to un-death flag him? I doubt the explosion would do anything to take out Deku or Endeavor, dunno about the rest though. Seems a little too obvious.

I'm guessing at this juncture AFO is trying to break Deku's spirit for him to embrace dark side heroics, like that one time Bakugo's wound triggered a transformation state which AFO responded gleefully to.

Well it wouldn't really make sense if he had the foresight to make a contingency if Nagant tried to switch sides, but also didn't make a plan for what he should do at his stated rendezvous point if she did do what she thought she might.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Side note that's not mentioned but it looks like we might just have time skipped again in the middle of this chapter, since Nagant said that Deku was to be retrieved within two months and since Deku seems fully healed up going into the confrontation. I mentioned a few times before that I suspected time wouldn't be so condensed moving forward since it took 300 chapters just to cover the first year, though I guess it remains to be seen whether they went the full mile. Nagant not being part of the troupe, the lack of Mirko, and Deku's impatience makes me suspect it's probably just a week or two at best.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Side note that's not mentioned but it looks like we might just have time skipped again in the middle of this chapter, since Nagant said that Deku was to be retrieved within two months and since Deku seems fully healed up going into the confrontation. I mentioned a few times before that I suspected time wouldn't be so condensed moving forward since it took 300 chapters just to cover the first year, though I guess it remains to be seen whether they went the full mile. Nagant not being part of the troupe, the lack of Mirko, and Deku's impatience makes me suspect it's probably just a week or two at best.
I just don't think that's the case. I think Deku immedately rushed over to the Mansion to confront AFO. Could be wrong on that though

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
All these flashbacks to Nagant when she was a bright eyed bushy tailed youth gives me the distinct impression I'm suppose to feel for her, and boy, I just don't know about that.
Yesterday there was a thread on the subreddit on whether Nagant was a well written character and so many people agreed that she was more of a plot-device than a character, the fact that she changed her opinion in just one chapter was ridiculous, in particular that her backstory and reasons doesn't make sense when you think about it

"I got scared when i saw my bloodied hand with the kids after years of killing in the shadows, so now i will openly hunt a 16-year-old to help the homicidal maniac with a history of murder that goes well beyond the thousands but now that the 16-year-old said some words to me i will change my mind "

Also the fact that she wasn't killed despite her backstory showing that is something the commission would do is jarring same that they would let AFO live when he was in Tartarus plus it contradicts the commission that we were shown interacting with Hawks

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't think that's the case. I think Deku immedately rushed over to the Mansion to confront AFO. Could be wrong on that though
Very unlikely since they had to round up heroes, called first aid for Deku, and he wasn't even strong enough to use Blackwhip. He's not going to engage AFO when he's critically wounded.

A few day ago there was a thread on the subreddit whether Nagant was a well written character and so many people agreed that she was more of a plot-device than a character, the fact that she changed her opinion in just one chapter was ridiculous, in particular that her backstory and reasons doesn't make sense when you think about it

"I got scared when i saw my bloodied hand with the kids, so now i will hunt a 16-year old to help the homicidal maniac with a history of murder that goes to the thousands and includes human experimentation"

I think the point with the last chapter is precisely that she didn't want to hunt Deku. She was strong armed into it by a tyrannical megalomaniac with no way out, attempting to justify it as being for the greater good. It's explicitly mirroring her tenure for the HPSC where she didn't begin questioning her actions until it was too late, she just obeyed because that's all that could keep her sane. She had to trust that her superiors knew the right thing.

The one way Nagant doesn't end up a plot device is if she doesn't die and fulfills an additional role along the road, which is why I've been so bullish about keeping her alive, which it seems likely that they'll do now. Maybe she can team up with Mirko; they're both extremely powerful femme fatales who are hospitalized and seemingly away from the heroes for the time being.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Very unlikely since they had to round up heroes, called first aid for Deku, and he wasn't even strong enough to use Blackwhip. He's not going to engage AFO when he's critically wounded.
Fair-point. Also after this chapter someone NEEDS to have a a talk with Deku. He frankly needs an intervention, his drive and recklessness is going to consume him

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just read the summary and didnt look at the pictures to know nagant's fate and...
It seems like a great chapter
First it makes Nagant survive but out of picture. That I think it is the best solution, Nagant can really unbalance things at this moment but I still think she can offer more to the series
Then there is the part in the mansion, deku is finally punished for his recklessness. What AFO said is true, deku is becoming souless and he is ready to exploit that. What deku needs is to not repeat the same mistakes All Might made but here he is

Anyway I think calling Nagant a plot device after the last chapter is an overreaction but the subreddit did the same with Eri lol, they overreact to everything. In any case, if you pendantic enough everyone is a plot device, that is how you write stories and that is why things like tropes exist, because the same plot devices keep being reused. Being a "Plot device" isnt bad unless you want a cheap criticism without much reasoning behind it

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Need someone to wipe that shit eating grin off his face once and for all be it deku or shigaraki

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Edit: oh this is just merchandise stuff and not necessarily Endeavor arc promo.

Last edited:

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
AFO is so full of shit when he says he doesn't care about All Might anymore. An egomaniac supervillain suddenly no longer hates the polar opposite of himself? The only guy that could stand a chance against him, who beat him twice and permanently scarred him for life?

He may have started caring about Deku more, but All For One absolutely still hates All Might. I'm willing to guess he said what he said just to pull on Deku's emotions some more.

Either that or to lure a false sense of security regarding All Might.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
AFO is so full of shit when he says he doesn't care about All Might anymore. An egomaniac supervillain suddenly no longer hates the polar opposite of himself? The only guy that could stand a chance against him, who beat him twice and permanently scarred him for life?

He may have started caring about Deku more, but All For One absolutely still hates All Might. I'm willing to guess he said what he said just to pull on Deku's emotions some more.

Either that or to lure a false sense of security regarding All Might.
I believe it. All Might doesn't have OfA anymore, so now he's concentrating on who actually does have it. He'd probably still attack All Might, but only as a means of getting to Deku.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
AfO is psychotic and seems to only really care about fucking with his brother which he does so through proxy with the successors. I believe him when he says he's moved on.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Afo loves co opting All Might catchphrase

first "You won't become i am here" during the invasion arc at least in the dub

now "You're Next"

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
read the scans now
really great chapter, with nagant surviving I think she will definitely come back in the future considering her last thoughts in the chapter, probably to help hawks in a fight?
but the really great part was the mansion one, AFO is a great villain, I like how Horikoshi is doing this more of a batman style thing instead of just deku directly facing him, AFO works in the shadows, he isnt like shigaraki, he will only face deku when the odds are the in the best situation towards him
doesnt help that deku is becoming really reckless, he is doing exactly the opposite bakugo told him to not do
and the final page is simply superb

also I love how much disdain deku has towards chisaki, deku gets angry a lot but you never see him do a face like that

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read JJK but if it's known for awkward hard cuts like this chapter did that doesn't particularly sell me on it lol

(/s I'm sure it's good even though I dislike how intercommunity fights over/undersell each other)

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes:

Oh damn, is Koichi about to take this guy head-on? That's gonna be a hard fight for him but I so want him to beat this smug asshole.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I haven't read JJK but if it's known for awkward hard cuts like this chapter did that doesn't particularly sell me on it lol

(/s I'm sure it's good even though I dislike how intercommunity fights over/undersell each other)

Yup, that's why i made the comparison, because it felt like there should've been another chapter between Nagant revealing the location and Deku and Co raiding the mansion

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
kohei and gege are close friends, so it shouldnt be weird if kohei was influenced by jjk

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Vigilantes:

Oh damn, is Koichi about to take this guy head-on? That's gonna be a hard fight for him but I so want him to beat this smug asshole.

Probably Koichi acting as bait. 6 think he went to get All Might but the police are the ones making the move.

Maybe they will get the other heroes instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.