• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Or if the series would end up like Oumagadoki Zoo or Barrage. IE swiftly cancelled.
(movie)
Horikoshi was pessimistic during that time, he stated that if MHA didn't take off he would quit so a ending where Deku ended up being a failure that gives Bakugo OFA seems like something he would do as one final middle finger to everyone, another mangaka did something similar when his manga got cancelled where he killed the only fan favorite character that was getting the majority of the fanart series in the final volume epilogue for no reason

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
God reading that potential ending is maddening. I can't imagine a world where that ends up good.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
User Warned: Repeated failure to adhere to spoiler rules
Wait, so the series would end with Bakugo using OFA and Deku Quirkless?
Man, he really likes Bakugo

Last edited by a moderator:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I do wish manga writer's would be more open about their writing process so it's neat to see these things. It's interesting to see how narratives change.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: I think the arcs after Kamino are better written than the ones before, even if they have been less hype. Before kamino there are many emotional moments but not many chapters that stand out on writing standpoint. After kamino we got things like Shigaraki's past, the Endeavor stuff and of course my favorite chapter of the series: 115: Unleashed

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There has definitely been stronger writing in the later chapters than the earlier ones

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
For those interested in reviews. Not very spoilery, but they do touch on the new characters and general plot. The final battle is also discussed in somewhat vague terms

It got an 8/10

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Rereading the festival arc for like the second time this year lol I think chapter 183 is a prime spot for filler. It has the giant montage of festival events just waiting to be fleshed out into a full episode.

Edit: Holy crap, rereading it I totally forgot the book the MLA published was brought up in the pro hero arc.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
my thoughts below... also roped another coworker into going. He loved it actually all four of my coworkers did.

Person sitting in front of me had her Hawks shirt on. Awesome.

curious what the dubline is for the KACCHAN of the Bakugous line from kaminari is.

team bakudeku. whoever wrote it had to be a hardcore fan. two handholds and a combo move. epic.

and i want this to be my endgame canon for the series. let bakudeku be holders of one for all.

kaminari was fantastic with that saving move and kiritodo moment. phenomenal. especially with that epic freeze.

sero mineta uraraka was my vip team for the movie though. They fought and fought and fought truly the plus ultra way. like Sero definitely needs this much love in the main series.

todo endeavour hug was nice and todo face.

vocal song during the climax was awesome.

lame villain but the blades girl v mina and tokoyami was good. ninja dude too i gyess but kirikami could have done something at that fight.

dont understands nines true quirk.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Did shigaraki have any lines? Did the dub va voice him any different? I remember that his speech bubbles changed after the mla arc.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hot take: I think the arcs after Kamino are better written than the ones before, even if they have been less hype. Before kamino there are many emotional moments but not many chapters that stand out on writing standpoint. After kamino we got things like Shigaraki's past, the Endeavor stuff and of course my favorite chapter of the series: 115: Unleashed
I agree, and I'm especially glad that instances of what I figured to be one-off or unimportant mentions/info drops turned out to be worldbuilding and foreshadowing that Horikoshi seems intent to follow through on. Didn't know what to make of stuff like the details of Gentle's video intro from this last episode, or like the doctor's pet theory, when I originally read them in the manga... but the concepts, ideas, and characters established during moments like those are generally creeping into the main plot or showing their relevance/importance, slowly but surely.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Ugh, I want to see the movie, but my stupid local theater doesn't have the subbed version.

I've never particularly liked the dub, but I guess I'll put up with it just so I can see some sick-ass animation on the big screen.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, maybe cause I got spoiled, or maybe cause my audience was also pretty tame, but I wasn't too hyped.
The ending sucked.

It was very pretty though.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The guy next to me was, but my theater was pretty quiet overall.
It was relatively packed too.

Even screenings of Promare with a dozen or fewer people were louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.