• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
That's been a popular theory for a while

Yeah as soon as she said it I imagined it must be a popular theory by now lol

But to me that brings the question of why they'd want Deku's quirk since as far as we know he'd likely have something like mild telekinesis or fire breathing or something in between right? Unless his father is more complicated than what we've been told and lead to believe

And with Shigaraki hailing from Nana and her bloodline that begins to sound to me like we're going the Deku is related to AFO route and I'm not sure how I'd feel about that

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah as soon as she said it I imagined it must be a popular theory by now lol

But to me that brings the question of why they'd want Deku's quirk since as far as we know he'd likely have something like mild telekinesis or fire breathing or something in between right? Unless his father is more complicated than what we've been told and lead to believe

And with Shigaraki hailing from Nana and her bloodline that begins to sound to me like we're going the Deku is related to AFO route and I'm not sure how I'd feel about that
Even if he wouldn't have had a special quirk, I think it'd still make sense for the doctor to steal whatever quirks he possibly could get away with. Can't have too many for his Nomu experiments, even if strong quirks are prioritized.

And with the Quirk Singularity thing, Deku's supposed quirk could have ended up very powerful despite coming from two weak ones.
That's if he had a quirk that was stolen but isn't related to AFO. If he is related to him, then that'd be even more reason to steal it.

Oct 27, 2017
Even if he wouldn't have had a special quirk, I think it'd still make sense for the doctor to steal whatever quirks he possibly could get away with. Can't have too many for his Nomu experiments, even if strong quirks are prioritized.

And with the Quirk Singularity thing, Deku's supposed quirk could have ended up very powerful despite coming from two weak ones.
That's if he had a quirk that was stolen but isn't related to AFO. If he is related to him, then that'd be even more reason to steal it.

Shit okay I didn't consider singularity

But how would they have found out what his quirk was without him or his mother ever seeing or noticing it unless as you say they were just taking everything they could get their hands on and he was an unfortunate victim that had the wrong doctor

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Midoriya, if he originally had an actual quirk, could have a completely unrelated quirk to his parents for all we know, like what happened with Eri. Its possible the doctor has ways of telling what a quirk is going to be like even before it fully manifests, though the most logical explanation otherwise, is that OFA had him just take quirks indiscriminately from kids who hadn't awakened them yet.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1580051298243.jpg

Now that the chapter is officially out the Heroes are actually heading towards a huge trap, Twice gives Hawks a cut-throat gesture and then grabs his hand like he didn't mean to do that, before Twice gave him the location he mentioned skeptic is listening in And we know from the end of the MVA arc that Twice's multiple personality problem has gotten worse but this was the only time in the whole chapter where he contradicted himself, Twice was making sure not to blurt out his true feelings

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
YO. New costume for Shoto. Noice.

R.I.P. my heart when Hawks inevitably betrays Twice and the other villains.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter. How does every chapter heavily focused on Twice work so well?

Also all those new characters drawn for the MLA. Crazy crazy. So with the group with Deku we have Froppy, Shoto, Bakugo, Urakaka, Iida, Nejire, Koda, and Manga from 1b, and maybe is that Juzo from 1b in the back? Obviously don't know if there are more there but consdidering what's about to happen, bet somebody has a high chance of dying. (it would be Koda or someone from 1b)

Oct 25, 2017
vigilantes 70

Rockin Nomura looked so cool, but I always had the slightest inkling in the back of my mind that he couldnt just be another Koichi level sap, since we already have him lol.

Also Pop you wouldnt be in this situation if you stop running away the moment Koichi wants to talk ;/

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
1580051298243.jpg

Now that the chapter is officially out the Heroes are actually heading towards a huge trap, Twice gives Hawks a cut-throat gesture and then grabs his hand like he didn't mean to do that, before Twice gave him the location he mentioned skeptic is listening in And we know from the end of the MVA arc that Twice's multiple personality problem has gotten worse but this was the only time in the whole chapter where he contradicted himself, Twice was making sure not to blurt out his true feelings
Yeah, the heroes are 100% being leaded in a trap and they are going to get annilhated

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so bad at reading in between the lines, lmao, didn't realize Twice was setting Hawks up. Shiiit. Deku 'bout to lose an arm. Or someone else. I don't know. Probably.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter. After this I really doubt UA will be destroyed because the location of the fight is far away from the school. It can be closed for a while tho if that politician manages to take power
About the fight itself I doubt they will kill all heroes there, seem a weird decision unless horikoshi really wants to speed up the newer generation taking over aspect of the manga. Aizawa is also there and I doubt he dies before solving the Kurogiri problem. Endeavor and Hawks tho are toast.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Another theory going around is that since there are 4 Quirk erasing Bullets and now the PLF is split into 4 units we're going to see them with 4 targets to de-quirk

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if eri's power potentially returning will lead to eri back pack redux but this time 100% deku won't be enough to stop the villains

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see Eraser letting Eri be anywhere near this shit especially in the state he's in now

The heroes will have already lost if they can't even protect one already traumatised girl from more pain but I suppose they could try to do that intentionally just to make that point

But I don't see what benefit it would serve to have 100% Deku lose this early in the game, it would just require more crazy power creep or something

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New poll idea, Which Liberation squad do you prefer? Black, Violet, Carmine, or Brown
Violet baybeeeee!
(Well Brown has cooler looking new characters but Violet has the ice user)
Good chapter. After this I really doubt UA will be destroyed because the location of the fight is far away from the school. It can be closed for a while tho if that politician manages to take power
But the status quo needs to be brought down!
Another theory going around is that since there are 4 Quirk erasing Bullets and now the PLF is split into 4 units we're going to see them with 4 targets to de-quirk
Interesting. I was wondering just yesterday about those bullets when I was watching the anime episode with Shiggy taking them.
For those who do not know, carmine is a colour that can be defined as "dark red". Don't know why they chose it instead of a simple "red" or a more common "crimson".
Lol yeah I googled it after reading, didn't know "carmine" was actually the name of a color. "Crimson" would've been cooler tho, always go crimson.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Violet baybeeeee!
(Well Brown has cooler looking new characters but Violet has the ice user)

But the status quo needs to be brought down!

Interesting. I was wondering just yesterday about those bullets when I was watching the anime episode with Shiggy taking them.

Lol yeah I googled it after reading, didn't know "carmine" was actually the name of a color. "Crimson" would've been cooler tho, always go crimson.
Even if the school is not destoryed i doubt the PLF would allow UA to remain open.So it's going to be shut down anyway

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
If villains really win this war, the change of stats quo will be much more traumatic and catastrophic than whan happened after Marineford in One Piece or Sasuke leaving Konoha in Naruto. There isn't really comparison. And at this point I hope this will be the war's outcome, because the following arcs (hero's return and revolution) would have all the potentialities to be amazing and to make this manga even much more better than what it is.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yup, they got all the advantage in the world, let's see this new world of theirs lol
Yeah it's going to be really intresting. MHA has been very critical of society so let's see that turned on it's head. Where Society deems pepole like Izuku and his Class 1-A,B classmates as being the villains due to not comforming to the PLF

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Capture deku for an arc. Deku retrieval arc

His classmates ain't strong enough to retrieve him tho outside of Todoroki and Bakugo

I want the villains to win but I'm scared of the cost the heroes will pay

Hope its not anyone I care about

Take Washer for example but spare Miruko or whatever rabbit chicks name is

Take Wash? How dare you sir

Yeah it's going to be really intresting. MHA has been very critical of society so let's see that turned on it's head. Where Society deems pepole like Izuku and his Class 1-A,B classmates as being the villains due to not comforming to the PLF

I'm just extremely interested in the aftermath of this, been waiting to see it for what has felt like forever.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Team Villains as well, just to see what would happen if they win.

Also it would be kinda disappointing if the villains that have been around since the beginning just lose despite having this much of an advantage.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
His classmates ain't strong enough to retrieve him tho outside of Todoroki and Bakugo

Take Wash? How dare you sir

I'm just extremely interested in the aftermath of this, been waiting to see it for what has felt like forever.
Same, and i really hope Hirokoshi lives up to the hype and pulls off this big long great arc with no more School, No More Heroes and No Safety. This is now the time for Class 1-A to truly step into their own with no heroes to rely on and the world against them

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who said it only had to be 1A. It's time for rocklock and co to step back up baby

Using adults is cheating D:

Team Villains as well, just to see what would happen if they win.

Also it would be kinda disappointing if the villains that have been around since the beginning just lose despite having this much of an advantage.

Yesh, our numbers are growing

Same, and i really hope Hirokoshi lives up to the hype and pulls off this big long great arc with no more School, No More Heroes and No Safety. This is now the time for Class 1-A to truly step into their own with no heroes to rely on and the world against them

Indeed

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I'm so bad at reading in between the lines, lmao, didn't realize Twice was setting Hawks up. Shiiit. Deku 'bout to lose an arm. Or someone else. I don't know. Probably.

Bakugo about to lose a leg, Shoto about to lose a dad.

Ooh, I wonder who the targets are (Endeavors one for sure, dabi will de quirk him and then kill him)

Wonder who the others are? Of the current top ten I saw Miruko, Wash and Ryuku in there, can't think of anyone else they'd want to go after (Aiwaza maybe?).

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Team Villains as well, mainly because if they lose Horikoshi might as well end the story right there, it would be impossible to take them or any other new Villain seriously after nearly 300 chapters of set up to be defeated when all the cards are in your hands, Shigaraki no longer has anymore excuses he better win

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
But they din't? The stuff at the end of the chapter is happening in march
Horikoshi should have just had the Twice/Hawks stuff earlier. This felt like a lot of unnecessary cutting back and forth. Also outside of the Liberation Army's organizational stuff, I don't think any of this was necessary.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice Twice x Hawks content (hawks x dabi ship sinking fast). Otherwise... dont know how to fell about the chapter, felt like it was just a recap to remind Horikoshi himself about the liberation army structure ideal and plans since the shigaraki take over, or also, a way to just give himself more time for the next content.

Also intense wind, made Shoto's hair blow in a weird way.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The flashback was just for the Hawks and Twice scene of how they got to that point, the heroes ARE not in the streets because we see they've all gathered together to raid the PLF this chapter
He jumped forward, then back for a rather unnecessary explanation/scene, then jumped forward again. The Hawks/Twice stuff would have been better earlier but now it feels like unnecessary and interrupting of the flow of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.