• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
Black Clover dubbed is so much better than subbed. I love both MHA and Black Clover. Say that I think MHA has the better opening

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I wanted to watch Black Clover if it wasn't for protagonist's voice. I saw some clips of him and his scream was ridiculously annoyed.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone here is interested in Black Clover, I recommend the manga. The anime adaptation is not good imo but I find the manga great.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if you only count music, but each of the MHA OPs has more going for it with visual storytelling and symbolism than any of the BC OPs. Black Rover is a fun OP though.

Nov 2, 2017
For MHA, I like all of the openings and for Black Clover, I like all of them except for the second one, just kind of indifferent towards it.

As for endings, I don't really pay much attention to them in any anime. I do really like MHA'S ending 3 though. Others could go in whatever order.

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Black Clover has animation that makes Naruto's worst animation seem like god tier in comparison. Which is sad, because the manga is SO damn good.

However, the music is on point with BC. MHA has been the opposite -- not so good with music, but amazing animation quality.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If your only claim to fame is being able to license better music than your competitor... that's really not saying much is it?

Nah, people actually liked Bleach... I haven't met a single person that's been pro-Black Clover. At least not over any other of it's shonen contemporaries.

The Black Clover manga right now is better than MHA. It's all pay off and sweet or awesome moments while MHA is set up and more school tournament junk.

But Fairy Tail is already a poor man's version of... .. everything.

Fairy Tail shits on Bleach from on high, but lacks in some way or another to other popular Shonen series.

OP
OP
Trojita

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
The Black Clover manga right now is better than MHA. It's all pay off and sweet or awesome moments while MHA is set up and more school tournament junk.

We haven't had school tournament stuff in awhile. Two arcs ago we had a major operation. One Arc ago we had a school function that had Deku both improving and interacting with an intriguing villain. This past arc focused on the top two heroes for a little bit. Now we have the two classes sparring off in exhibition teams, but I'd hardly call that tournament junk. It is sparring.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if you only count music, but each of the MHA OPs has more going for it with visual storytelling and symbolism than any of the BC OPs. Black Rover is a fun OP though.
Oh yeah for sure! Black Clover OPs never really have much meaning or symbolism in them while MHA pretty much always excels in that regard. Especially OP3 - Sora ni Utaeba and OP4 - I KEEP MY IDEALS Odd Future for me.
Black Clover has animation that makes Naruto's worst animation seem like god tier in comparison. Which is sad, because the manga is SO damn good.

However, the music is on point with BC. MHA has been the opposite -- not so good with music, but amazing animation quality.
Feel free to join us in the BC Manga OT if you want!

SageShinigami I actually think I agree with you. I'm more into what BC is doing now and it's pretty much hype every week (especially that last chapter, gaddamn!), though I'd say I'm very into what MHA is doing right now too.

Overall, I definitely like MHA more but both manga are really good imo.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched BC but I agree with you only because I find MHA's openings lackluster. OP2 is the only solid one imo. OP4 has the best song and the best hype moment, but still falls on its face when you look at the whole 1:30.

OP
OP
Trojita

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people are remembering how bad Naruto looked at times when the A-team wasn't on deck. There's a reason studio pierrot is notorious, and it didn't start with Black Clover.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think people are remembering how bad Naruto looked at times when the A-team wasn't on deck. There's a reason studio pierrot is notorious, and it didn't start with Black Clover.
I may be misremembering Naruto too but I don't remember it looking as bad as Black Clover does often. Though for sure when I learned Pierrot was doing Black Clover, my reaction was "shit!" lol so regardless of how BC compares to their previous work, as you say they certainly didn't get this rep with BC.

I do recall Twin Star Exorcists looking good often, though I may be wrong on that.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm making my way through Naruto right now, and it's not comparable to Black Clover at all. Naruto doesn't usually look amazing, but it rarely looks terrible either. It's certainly not the production disaster BC is.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Lol no.

MHA has a bunch of set-up because it has an actual story to tell. Black Clover is only full of "awesome moments" because its story has the depth of a puddle, so all it can do is pump out mindless action scenes 24/7.

OP
OP
Trojita

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I may be misremembering Naruto too but I don't remember it looking as bad as Black Clover does often. Though for sure when I learned Pierrot was doing Black Clover, my reaction was "shit!" lol so regardless of how BC compares to their previous work, as you say they certainly didn't get this rep with BC.

I do recall Twin Star Exorcists looking good often, though I may be wrong on that.
I'm making my way through Naruto right now, and it's not comparable to Black Clover at all. Naruto doesn't usually look amazing, but it rarely looks terrible either. It's certainly not the production disaster BC is.

I'll relent. BC does have some more general fuck ups with the main characters even looking bad at times. Naruto had issues with background characters and stuff looking off. Occasionally the main characters would look off.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, BC's OPs actually are pretty good. The fuck has MHA been doing all this time...

It's a bit more even with the EDs though, as long as you ignore MHA's last one.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide which of the BC OPs I like the most though. I know I like 2 more than 1 and OP3 Black Rover and OP4 Guess Who is Back more than the first two but when it comes to those I can't decide lol. As far as song alone, I prefer the full song for Black Rover a tiny bit. But for the actual OPs, I can't choose because OP3 has the really badass fight scenes as well as the really cool Asta/Yuno rivalry part which gives me chills cause it's so well done in a short time (and somehow on its own made me more interested in their rivalry lol) but OP4 has the goddamn poses(!!!!!) as well as the really cool quick cuts of different members of the Bulls before the hook kicks in, and I also like the small bits where they get ready to attack and then are shown while still.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's the new Bleach and Fairy Tale for this generation.

People like them, but their still the b team.

I'll be the hot take guy today. MHA is better than Naruto ever was. Shonen series are primarily about casts, and Deku is a better, less stupid Naruto and Bakugou is a better everything than Sasuke.
Lol no.

MHA has a bunch of set-up because it has an actual story to tell. Black Clover is only full of "awesome moments" because its story has the depth of a puddle, so all it can do is pump out mindless action scenes 24/7.

I know MHA is about superheroes but you shouldn't cape so hard. All I'm saying is right now it's more interesting. I just read the newest chapters for both and walked away incredibly hype for one (BC) and mildly interested in the other.

Ultimately MHA is better told, but pay off is always better than set up. Right now BC is paying off, and MHA is setting up.

Oct 25, 2017
HeroAca has good muscians for its op and eds though, LENNY CODE FICTION, UVERWORLD, but consistently fails to have good visuals with the content. Like the only good scene in the ops and eds for HeroAca is that scene of Bakugou squatting, really awesome.

Meanwhile BLack CLover blows it out of the water in every regard, BLack Rover is still the best song of 2018.

BLack Clover is all around better than HeroAca though, it avoids many of the storywriting traps that entangles HeroAca keeping it from every reaching great god like status. Yuki Tabata always manages to make magic and Asta's story thrilling and wholly unpredictable. HeroAca reuses the same formula multiple arcs (how many *invasions* have happen for example, not really interesting this many times around Horikoshi).

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I agree but Black Clover is such a horrendously bad show it really pains me to say so.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I think it would be extremely fair and accurate to say that Fairy Tail is vastly superior to Black Clover.
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
i literally dropped ft when natsu literally defeated an opponent through the literal power of friendship
i haven't seen anything that stupid in bc yet

i'm currently following fairy tail 100 years quest and eden's zero though :P

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
i literally dropped ft when natsu literally defeated an opponent through the literal power of friendship

I think he means anime wise. Black Clover is still above FT (though not by much) when it comes to manga. FT at least kept it's quick pace in its anime adaptation. And is animated by competent people. And is actually animated half the time.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't seen Fairy Tail so I can't comment on stupidity, but Black Clover has an arc dedicated to a character and how much he loves his little (8 year old) sister in a pervy way, while constantly having nosebleeds when talking about her. Mind you, this character is supposed to be a "good guy".

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen Fairy Tail so I can't comment on stupidity, but Black Clover has an arc dedicated to a character and how much he loves his little (8 year old) sister in a pervy way, while constantly having nosebleeds when talking about her. Mind you, this character is supposed to be a "good guy".
fairy tail is literally a much shittier one piece with even more tits
mind you, i'm not saying bc is that good of a manga, it's just mediocre at best
i'm just saying it's not worse than ft

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be extremely fair and accurate to say that Fairy Tail is vastly superior to Black Clover.
Unless you're talking about the anime, I really couldn't disagree more. At the very least, Black Clover is competent as a battle manga. Though I like it, I can't even say that about Fairy Tail.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thought I'd bump this old ass thread considering MHA is finally coming back so we'll get new OPs/EDs finally and in the time that the MHA anime has been on break, Black Clover has had 5 new OP/ED pairs for a total of 18 songs now. And the crazy thing is there's still not one song I don't like. "Black Clover has no bad OPs" has basically become a common joke on YT and even though individual preference varies (I like them all but to me some are better than others), it's rare to see an anime get new songs so often and have them all be so well-liked. And it'll only keep that pace of new OP/EDs every 3 months going so I'm curious to see when there's finally a song I personally don't care for at all.

Here are some of the recent ones that don't have big spoilers in them:

(This one was my favorite OP until recently but my new fave is too spoilery lol)

Looking forward to MHA's OP6/ED6. I think the OP song is out there already but I wanna listen to it in the show first.
Also since this thread was posted, the song for OP2, Peace Sign has grown on me quite a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
HeroAca OPs / EDs don't age well. Only ones that have lasted the test of time are

Lenny Code Fiction - Make My Story
UVERworld - OddFiction

Oddly the best songs and visuals of the entire anime.

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
I don't agree with the basis of the thread that MHA is better than Black Clover. Black Clover is better in both story, characters, progression, and music(OPand ED's) than MHA. MHA is overrated and Black Clover is underrated. I love MHA, but Black Clover tho!... more on topic, Black Clover's OP's and ED's are so good that I sometimes forget to skip them.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I really like opening 1 and 2 of MHA

even though the stain arc is my fave arc, I really don't like the opening during that time. It sounds like it has no energy and the backing vocals sound like a old person

Odd Future is all over the place. Like, it's fun as a meme but every time it starts to get good, it changes tone.

the one after Odd Future is great though

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Bleach is still my favourite when it comes to anime music in general.
Bleach OP1 is my favorite anime OP ever. It's just so damn good, both music-wise and visually.
I still can't believe even the Bleach mobile game OP is laughably better than most anime OPs.

even though the stain arc is my fave arc, I really don't like the opening during that time. It sounds like it has no energy and the backing vocals sound like a old person
Damn, that one is my favorite MHA OP by far so I'm surprised to hear this lol.