• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 7, 2020
Hello all,

It is E3 week and things are getting tossed around left and right. Some false and some true. Recently a thread about a new MHA fighting game being in development by ArcSys Works began in a separate forum and basically stated that Arc is working on a MHA fighting game. The voice actor for one of the series popular characters mentioned that fans of video games should be in for a surprise. I know Arc is extremely busy with GG strive releasing this week, DFO fighter coming, and other updates and this is likely fake. However, I think this is an interesting rumor, I would love a MHA fighter but I also think a Shonen fighter (Naruto, DBZ, JJK, One piece, JoJo, Bleach, etc can be even more nutty). What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like someone trying to "confirm" the previous leak that looked pretty fake. I'll believe it when I see it

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this turns out to be real but I'm not going get my hopes up until I see it

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
They have JoJo's nearing the end of part 8, and One Piece hotter than ever, and they go to My Hero Academia which has long lost its position as the hottest anime for teens.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. Aside from me not liking MHA very much it'd also mean Arc would be busy with this when they could work on a lot of other stuff.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have JoJo's nearing the end of part 8, and One Piece hotter than ever, and they go to My Hero Academia which has long lost its position as the hottest anime for teens.

If they get the manga stuff this game will be sick regardless of where the anime is tho

The current anime arc is ass sure, but enough has changed manga wise that MHA bouncing back popularity wise is almost inevitable

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen makes more sense than those three, it already caught up in sales with My Hero Academia(with half the volumes) and it'll be the poster child for Jump in the next years

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Different licenses that have way different development expectations and costs associated.

I doubt a game like this would have ever been made with the devs train of thought starting off as 'well we can make one anime game, here is a list of a dozen we can consider'.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MHA is the only shounen I read and the character's toolsets are fun enough that this is a dream project but I'm not buying this rumor, it originated from an extremely detailed 4chan post that felt a bit too elaborate and fan fiction-y (though if you laid out DBFZ's story it'd sound that way too I suppose), and the mention of the VA seems like a bit of a "trust me bro" type source.

edit: for what it's worth Mirio's VA was indeed apparently at a convention the other day so although this story was most likely made up they at least made sure that part checks out.

Last edited:

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

What world are you living in? My Hero Academia is still one of the hottest anime around for the youth of today.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen makes more sense than those three, it already caught up in sales with My Hero Academia(with half the volumes) and it'll be the poster child for Jump in the next years
JJK will get it's own game but it only recently just got big so I don't expect one too soon, at least not this year

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, plausible I suppose, as it is reasonably popular in the US. While I wouldn't mind seeing a One Piece fighter from Arc, it however is simply not popular in the US. Would've expected Naruto before MHA, but I wouldn't complain.

I'm under the impression that Jujutsu Kaisen would still be considered too new to be prioritized.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

JJK is big in Japan (Japan love their Demon setting) but My Hero is bigger in the west.

JJK is also ending in 2 years max. My Hero final act or whatever might last for more.

Super heroes is generally more popular in the west.

Regarding this rumor, take it with a grain of salt, 4chan and all.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the original rumor and I really want to believe it cause I want it so bad. It would be hype as hell and I'd be in on any DLC.

The rumored roster is a bit suspect though with its choices but it would lead to them selling a ton of DLC later.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Objectively I don't believe it, from what little I've heard feels like the 'leaker' just took P4U and made it into a 2v2 tag ala BBTag. The whole thing feels too wishfulfilment-ish with the roster.

Personally I don't want to believe it, because it means the P5U dream is truly dead.

Either way does this even have any weight or just tales from an ass?

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Oooo damn i loved dbz fighter z from arc system, im all in for my hero academia please be true

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I need ASW to do the below GODDAMIT:

- Capcom Vs SNK 3
- FINAL FANTASY Fighting game
- Blazblue vs Guilty Gear
- Capcom Vs ASW
- Persona 5 Fighterz

any of the above is ok for me.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I don't hate My Hero like most others but I would be heated if they skipped JoJo or One Piece for it.

AND WHERE IS PERSONA 5 ARENA

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Is there any reason why One Piece never got a proper fighting game?

Same reason why none of the other big titles get a fighting game- easier, cheaper and faster to just make an arena fighter.

Why go through all that complicated bullshit making unique playstyles and then struggle to balance them when you can make everyone the same.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Can't speak about the anime immediately, but on Mangaplus, the current official place to read latest manga chapters, MHA is only second to one piece on the popularity rankings.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I'm skeptical considering My Hero One's Justice just got a new season pass.

But the thought of using Momo and Tokoyami to mess things up in a real fighting game makes me pretty happy.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Objectively I don't believe it, from what little I've heard feels like the 'leaker' just took P4U and made it into a 2v2 tag ala BBTag. The whole thing feels too wishfulfilment-ish with the roster.

Personally I don't want to believe it, because it means the P5U dream is truly dead.

Either way does this even have any weight or just tales from an ass?
E2_WKp5X0AERLxF

This supposed roster is missing a fuck ton of favorites and definitely isn't a fan dream level. Unless you mean getting the roster now is wish fulfillment.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Probably too daunting

You need at least 50 characters to have a satisfying roster and people would still be missing their favorite.

I love the series but I would never want to touch that franchise for a fighter.
Yeah a One Piece fighter is probably the harder task of all the IPs they can choose

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Hm, plausible I suppose, as it is reasonably popular in the US. While I wouldn't mind seeing a One Piece fighter from Arc, it however is simply not popular in the US. Would've expected Naruto before MHA, but I wouldn't complain.

I'm under the impression that Jujutsu Kaisen would still be considered too new to be prioritized.
They don't make a game just because it's popular in the US, or won't because it's not, lol. US isn't the center of the world.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be so in for this. Have the Vigilantes crew for dlc please thanks

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
With Ones Justice getting another wave of DLC, and ArcSys as busy as they are, I don't believe this rumor.

Also, if that one roster floating around with it was actually part of the base rumor, then I believe it even less, since the roster just doesn't seem realistic at all. Way too many excluded characters in favor of Pro Heroes we've seen next to nothing of.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I'd be very surprised if this came before a One Piece or even a Jojo FighterZ. I'd welcome it of course as a MHA fan, but it's honestly hard to believe.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
They don't make a game just because it's popular in the US, or won't because it's not, lol. US isn't the center of the world.
No, but accounting for global appeal rather than something that would be big in Japan but otherwise met with indifference in the West would still be important for a bigger project like that as opposed to just another arena fighter.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if you want to make a competitive fighting game you have to go for global appeal. The lion's share of Dragon Ball FighterZ's success was in the western performance. MHA is also popular beyond just the US and Japan. Hell, I live in Sweden and Heroes Rising actually had a short theatrical run here. MHA being eyed for a fighter would make a lot of sense since it has the popularity and its prospective character pool is still a lot more modest than something like One Piece. I could see Bamco wanting to strike while the iron's hot if they want another bonafide DBFZ type hit on their hands, even if I don't feel like it's happening right now of all times, or at least not the way this rumor describes it.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People in here acting like just because a series is no longer on the bleeding edge of what's hip by online anime nerd standards means it's unpopular and isn't deserving of a new game. Like, they still make Naruto games, for fucks sake. A series that the internet declared dead like 15 years ago. C'mon.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if you want to make a competitive fighting game you have to go for global appeal. The lion's share of Dragon Ball FighterZ's success was in the western performance. MHA is also popular beyond just the US and Japan. Hell, I live in Sweden and Heroes Rising actually had a short theatrical run here. MHA being eyed for an fighter would make a lot of sense since it has the popularity and its prospective character pool is still a lot more modest than something like One Piece. I could see Bamco wanting to strike while the iron's hot, even if I don't feel like it's happening right now of all times.

This + super heroes craze right now.

MHA designs also have worldwide appeal. Easy to like and look at, like Marvel.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Stain, AFO are the kind of picks that would shift season passes. There's a reason they left Broly off the main roster of FighterZ.