• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP's girlfriend:

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
op and girlfriend are actually watching th thread as we speak and laughing together and the secret is they dont actually have a ps4

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I managed to convince her to watch a Disney film.

Problem is this does not result in me playing the Playstation.
Have you tried saying "Can I have a go on the Playstation now?" Telling her what you actually want may actually work, she's not Lassie, she can't read your mind, you need to use your words and explain what you want.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you two can't learn to share I swear to God I'm going to take that thing to Goodwill so a kid can have it who will appreciate it!

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I mean.. Destiny 2 is one of the wider available free games. Why not try the 2-month stadia pro trial that includes it? Or geforce now, or get it free on Steam, etc

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
You could always try talking to her. Like, "Hey, babe, I really want to play a little to unwind."

Then, when you can, surprise her with a PlayStation of her own.

When I was married, me and my wife would share the PlayStation, but eventually, I got her her own so she could play Fallout or Dark Souls or whatever, and I could play what I wanted when we weren't playing games together.

Also, I enjoyed watching her play games too, so it wasn't much of a big deal for me. She'd watch me play games also, so it was a win all around.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend isn't a gamer, but she works a stressful 8-6 job and ever since I bought her the Crash Bandicoot trilogy on PS4 she decompresses for an hour after work. Usually she'd go out and have a cigarette and a glass of wine. She's now into Mario Kart 8 on Switch and has nearly gotten all the stars up through the Mirror mode.

She definitely gets more time with the consoles (they're on our main television) than I do but I'm happy that she's able to relax but also that in a small way she's into games a little. I'm trying to get her into Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze as it's pretty similar to Crash but it's been hard going as she isn't instantly brilliant at it (she's pretty accomplished at Crash now).

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just tell her exactly that...

You've had a long day (presumably working and now you'd like to play. She's had it all day.

That's it.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I managed to convince her to watch a Disney film.

Problem is this does not result in me playing the Playstation.
When folks said talk to her, we mean specifically about playing the PlayStation, your desire to do so, and her preventing you from doing so. Just try not be a jerk about it, but say what you mean.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
loooool OP isn't my SO

But, when TLoU2 comes out, I feel like my SO will sympathize with the OP...

I realized that right after posting lol. It's why I edited it to also then say "Your SO". It was meant to be two different scenarios because I didn't want to delete the first one after I posted it.

Right after hitting post I was like "Oh you're such a moron". Haha.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When my ex started hogging my Switch I got her a Switch Lite, she seemed to enjoy it. Didn't touch it for months soon after she got done with SDV though.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Make a fake destiny twitter account that says the servers will be down for maintenance, show it to her and she will stop playing.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
My wife hogs my pc all the time, but in the situation you are talking about them honesty is the best policy. You just tell her she has had the day to play it and you'd like some time after work. Any nice, sane partner would understand that.