• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
How do I politely tell her to get off without making her feel bad? I'm waiting for her to get bored.

I've had a long day and shes had a day off and played for hours. I was looking forward to playing and relaxing.

She doesn't play games but for some reason shes addicted to Destiny 2.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
How do I politely tell her to get off without making her feel bad? I'm waiting for her to get bored.

I've had a long day and shes had a day off and played for hours. I was looking forward to playing and relaxing.

She doesn't play games but for some reason shes addicted to Destiny 2.

Have you tried asking instead of waiting and getting upset while not making a word?

Advocate for yourself a little here. This kind of stuff creates resentment and ruins relationships.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
she's chatting with hot Destiny guys and girls all day

nervous OP? đź’¦

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Let her hog it, find other hobbies, find ways to play games with her when possible. And be extremely thankful you both share and enjoy a hobby like gaming.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Give your girlfriend a book about video game addiction. Its a really subtle but classy move, trust me.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
just get to it before she does
edit: oh shes at home before you. get to it when she takes a dump

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be elated if my SO was into gaming. Instead of kicking her off maybe try introducing her to more games.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me with the Switch and Animal Crossing. Had to buy a new one.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Dump her save files. That'll teach her.

My ex and I would switch off playing games. If she wants to play more Destiny 2, maybe switch off deaths or ever 15 mins or so? Find a co-op game you two can play together. Ask her if it'd be all right if you played something for a bit because you want to unwind. Lots of options, I think.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
There's a reason we have 3 consoles, 3 TV's, and a gaming PC in our house.

None of them are my wife, she doesn't like video games at all.

OP
OP

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Well buying a second Playstation 4 and a second TV ain't gonna happen. I'm not exactly rolling in cash.

I guess I'll just chat to you guys.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
she's chatting with hot Destiny guys and girls all day

nervous OP? đź’¦
Destiny_2_Screen_Shot_9_18_17__1.03_PM.0.png

The guy she tells you not to worry about.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Buy a Vita and do Remote Play and say looks like a hacker is on it, better get off