• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muji

Banned
Jul 27, 2021
huge red flag op - don't blame us when you're writing that huge venting after break up thread in a couple months

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I was high af the other day and tried to pinch to zoom a cardboard package.

I really hope that you wrote goddamn animal in jest too bcs i dont think thats an ok reaction.
You literally referenced Seinfeld in your post so you've heard of sarcasm, but can't tell that a guy calling his girlfriend a goddamn animal in a joke thread is not serious.

Oct 30, 2017
At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but then she did it again, so I calmly said "hey I know it seems like not a big deal but can you please not touch the screen of my MacBook? I can see what your finger is pointing at without you touching the screen" which I thought was a good way to handle it.

did you actually say "of my macbook" lol

"darling, please refrain from defiling the liquid retina XDR panel of my 16" macbook pro (late 2021) with your unclean finger"

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Sell your MacBook, buy an iPad or a 2-in-1 Windows Laptop so your gf can continue touching your devices screens without you feeling irritated.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I wouldn't make a thread about it but my girlfriend does the same thing and it is mildly irritating. More than a few times I've asked her not to touch the screen and that I can see where she is pointing without mashing a finger into it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to make a whole thread about this, but I may as well just post it here. My fiancée leaves shuffle on when listening to a new album...

Vs7sxHv.gif

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I was going to make a whole thread about this, but I may as well just post it here. My fiancée leaves shuffle on when listening to a new album...

Vs7sxHv.gif
A.. A new album? She's never heard the music before and she puts it on shuffle anyway?

This is a far graver sin than the one laid out by OP.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Vs7sxHv.gif
Absolutely disgusting. Why? I've always heard of these people but have never met one. It's like watching the dev commentary on a movie the first time around.
Or ordering something new at a restaurant and just slathering ketchup on it without even taking a first bite.
This is like taking a brand new tailored suit and then deciding to play basketball in it.

WHY DOES SOMEONE CHOOSE TO DO THIS?

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Smear something yucky on your screen that won't damage it, so the next time she touches it will bother her. You have to train her like an animal, degenerates like that don't respond to reason.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
1. Sit your girlfriend in front of your MBP
2. Navigate to YouTube
3. Set the MC Hammer - Can't Touch This music video to loop
4. Check back on her 12 hours later and see if she still hasn't shaken the habit

mc-hammer-cant-touch-this.gif

Demeisen

Mar 11, 2021
I'm super confused. I touch my laptop screen on occasion, and maybe clean it every 6 months or so. I've never realised not touching it was a thing and never really noticed a difference. I may have been annoying friends and/or coworkers for decades now.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
Some of you are blind to sarcasm.. Op I feel you, wish I had a solution. Have you tried touching her eyeball in retaliation?

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Easier said than done, but you know it to be true:

Hire your wife
Shave a lawyer
Hit your head
And Dump the gym.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I hate the feeling that is being described but I have over the years somehow learned to forgive and blame my own irrational brain for having everything clean.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
+1 on the break-up. If you have kids, it's an easy win. No judge will grant her the kids if you show that fingerprinted screen.
Sometimes the truly ugly truth comes later in the relationship OP. Best of luck and may god be with you.

Last edited:

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My last office had so many women touching LCD monitors with their nails. The monitors were not glass, so you could see the imprint on the actual LCD for 10 seconds or so.

They would come to my PC, ask me to show something, and then press on the screen or tap it with their nails. I would hear the tapping noise, and it was like nails on a chalkboard.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Romantic partners will not learn until you force them to learn. If talking to your partner 1:1 does not solve the issue, you should consider giving your partner a time-out. Rewarding your partner for obliging reasonable requests will also reinforce positive behaviour. I would not recommend utilising a spray bottle, as some partners have a very negative reactions to being sprayed and may learn to distrust you.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
At least you brought it up so you're okay in my book. Most people would just internalize that stuff and have it come out in an argument years later.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My girlfriend is "Put-down-controller"-er.

You know, when you're playing games and for 5-6 seconds when you're not pressing buttons, you put the controller down and then pick it up again.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My wife does this. She is otherwise perfect.

I just do my best to keep her away from my screens.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
This may qualify as subject matter for a Seinfeld episode.

Anyway, just be nice about it, OP. If she does it without realizing it, then continue to just make an effort to politely remind her when she does it. I don't think you're overreacting, per se, but I do think pointing out to her that you can see where she's pointing without her touching the screen was even a bit passive-aggressive. Also, try to preempt her screen touches if you're able to and stop them ahead of time. With enough reminders, I'm sure she'll break the habit.

That said, there's always that possibility that she thinks you being put off by her touching your screens is funny, in which case you're probably doomed to have her touch your screen as a way of having fun with you.

OP
OP
Arc

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can sympathize. I used to date someone who wasn't just a screen toucher, but she pressed every screen directly with her fingernail.

After many "hey can you please not touch my screen with your nails, you'll damage the screen" "but everyone does that", I would be the one to hold the screen or device if I had to show her anything. And I definitely never let her on my phone or whatever

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I regret putting a somewhat serious response because this thread is hilarious and made me laugh several times. Great work everybody