• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure where you live but there there are enough parks and forests to go to here that are deserted.

Just don't go to populair spots and you'll be fine.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
CcVIZqcW4AAy83Z
CcVIZqpW8AAFo0W

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you can keep your distance from other people it shouldn't be a problem. If it's too crowded to stay far enough away from people go somewhere else.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, go. But you're right. Everybody and their mother will be trying to go out. So it seems like that rules out the most popular spots because even if you use caution, there's just too many damn people with the same idea.

Jul 18, 2018
Why not talk to your GF and tell her that... hey we can go, but if it gets too crowded and lot of people, lets change plans while wearing all precautions

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but these kinds of posts are ignorant. Yes, it is that hard to confine yourself to a couple rooms for months on end. Not everyone has a big house and a backyard all to their own. People have a need to get out, and eventually people are going to do that no matter what. That's why we need guidelines from experts on how to eventually go about it.
Eventually, is the key word here. It's way to early to be stressing about going to a park filled with people, I live in a small one bedroom apartment and am doing my part, others can do the same, really no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
And a busy park is the only outside area where you can exercise?

That wasn't what you said. You said you either stay indoors or die and that's precisely why your post was called unreasonable, which frankly is generous. Id call it reductionist, alarmist bullshit myself.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
If you can, just go on a weekday. Nothing wrong with strolling in the park as long as peeps wear masks and keep their distance. But the problem is most people don't...

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That wasn't what you said. You said you either stay indoors or die and that's precisely why your post was called unreasonable, which frankly is generous. Id call it reductionist, alarmist bullshit myself.

Obviously I didn't mean you'd spontaneously combust, but you are putting yourself and others at risk for a walk in the park, which is not worth it IMO.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Eventually, is the key word here. It's way to early to be stressing about going to a park filled with people, I live in a small one bedroom apartment and am doing my part, others can do the same, really no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

nobody in this thread is recommending anybody go and stay at a "park filled with people". You can be reasonable and rational about things without feeling like you have to become Ted Kacsinzky.

The way some of you sound you would think Covid could be transmitted by looking at another person.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Staying inside is always the safer option but I'm getting increasingly convinced that some people here are taking great pleasure that their preferred method of living (staying inside all day playing video games) has become some form of high horse from which they can condescend to others.

Oct 27, 2017
Mask, hand sanitizer and social distance and you should be fine. If it's too crowded, try another park or another day. Just remember to stay calm and follow the guidelines!

And a busy park is the only outside area where you can exercise?
lol, that's not what you said.

Staying inside is always the safer option but I'm getting increasingly convinced that some people here are taking great pleasure that their preferred method of living (staying inside all day playing video games) has become some form of high horse from which they can condescend to others.
Oh, it's definitely a thing on here.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It's tough for Coronavirus to spread in the outdoors (citation). I would say there's no harm in going out as long as you wear a mask and try to keep a reasonable distance from others.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Drive 2 hours toward outside the city from where you are. Bring 2 picnic chairs and insect repellent. Find a bayou or creek and sit at the bank with your girl and have some beer. Maybe bring a fishing rod too.

Dec 22, 2017

Posts like this come off as really sanctimonious. It's possible to responsibly spend time outdoors without it being some immoral, selfish act.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (5 days): low-effort fear-mongering, antagonizing other members
nobody in this thread is recommending anybody go and stay at a "park filled with people". You can be reasonable and rational about things without feeling like you have to become Ted Kacsinzky.

The way some of you sound you would think Covid could be transmitted by looking at another person.

^ Same thinking that got us in this situation, people are dying by the hundreds if not thousands a day, stay inside.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
This right here.

It's like some of you people think your hermit way of living is superior now, so you have this asinine belief that people going outside SMARTLY (following all precautions and using common sense) are sociopaths who are selfish.

It wouldn't surprise me if you still spout this bullshit long after things calm down. Anything to make yourself feel good.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Have any credible, medical professionals made the suggestion to not leave your home at all, for any reason, even to go for a walk, otherwise you are going to die?

Let's go to the experts:

CDC

Staying physically active is one of the best ways to keep your mind and body healthy. In many areas, people can visit parks, trails, and open spaces as a way to relieve stress, get some fresh air and vitamin D, stay active, and safely connect with others.

exercisedodont04krp.png

www.cdc.gov

Going to a park or recreation facility?

Help slow the spread of COVID-19 by staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people and wearing a cloth face covering to help protect others. Do not gather in groups, even when outdoors. Learn mo

WHO

Regular physical activity benefits both the body and mind. It can reduce high blood pressure, help manage weight and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and various cancers. It also improves bone and muscle strength and increases balance, flexibility and fitness. For older people, activities that improve balance help to prevent falls and injuries. For children, regular physical activity helps support healthy growth and development and reduce the risk of disease in later life, and through regular activity, children can develop fundamental movement skills and build social relationships.

Regular physical activity also improves mental health and can reduce the risk of depression, cognitive decline and delay the onset of dementia - and improve overall feelings of wellbeing.

Do not exercise if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Stay home and rest, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.

If you are able to go for a walk or bicycle ride always practice physical distancing and wash your hands with water and soap before you leave, when you get to where you are going, and as soon as you get home. If water and soap are not immediately available, use alcohol-based hand rub.

If you go to a park or public open space to walk, run or exercise always practice physical distancing and wash your hands with water and soap, before you leave, when you get to where you are going, and as soon as you get home. If water and soap are not immediately available, use alcohol-based hand rub. Follow the directions of your local health authority in regards to any restrictions on the number of people with you and/or restrictions on the use of public outdoor play or exercise equipment.

If you are not regularly active start slowly and with low intensity activities, like walking and low impact exercises. Start with shorter amounts, like 5-10 minutes, and gradually build up to 30 minutes or more continuously over a few weeks. It is better and safer to be active for short periods more frequently than to try and be active for long periods when you are not used to it.

Choose the right activity so that you reduce the risk of injury and that you enjoy the activity. Choose the right intensity according to your health status and fitness level. You should be able to breath comfortably and hold a conversation while you do light- and moderate-intensity physical activity.

---

The experts say go outside for your health, be safe/cautious, and practice social distancing.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go to the experts:

CDC

exercisedodont04krp.png

www.cdc.gov

Help slow the spread of COVID-19 by staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people and wearing a cloth face covering to help protect others. Do not gather in groups, even when outdoors. Learn mo

WHO

---

The experts say go outside for your health, be safe/cautious, and practice social distancing.

But a miserable poster on A gaming message board tells me I'm part of the problem if I do that! Who to believe!?!

I like how this place is supposed to be supportive of mental health...until it's not. if anything it's probably long past to me for this forum to start taking action when people spread straight out misinformation with the sole purpose of ignorant , alarmist fear mongering that has no actual basis in reality.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go to the experts:

CDC

exercisedodont04krp.png

www.cdc.gov

WHO

---

This should've been obvious. Let's all hold hands at the park, Era.

Oct 27, 2017
I know? I was answering his comment. I still think it's best not to go out, but if you absolutely have to for your health as he said, then a park isn't the only choice. I shouldn't have to explain how a conversation works, jeez.
The point of contention was your claim that going outside at all puts you at risk of dying. Sorry, but when you make hyperbolic claims from the jump, the burden really is on you to explain your position. You can't say people should know you're exaggerating, as an excuse.

And experts encourage you to go out (yes, even parks) as long as you obey all the guidelines like a decent human being.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wow at some of these responses. It's perfectly ok to go out to a park or walk on the sidewalk, play a round of golf, etc as long as you practice social distancing and wear a mask.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
If you can keep distance from others, go and enjoy the park with your girlfriend.

Getting some fresh air and sun is good for your health in normal times and it's even more important now.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
And I'm afraid because I just know everyone and their mother will be there. I want to be outside too because it's a beautiful day, but it's difficult to accept.

wow to all these panic answer.... first where are you from ? if there little chance no problem to go walk outside, mental healt is also super important right now, or if you are where there a pretty big wave of contamination, then you should stay home.

Be rational....that's all

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I go on hikes every weekend. My wife goes to the park daily.

Wear a mask. Keep distance. If it's crowded or people seem like they aren't taking it seriously go home

There has never been a requirement that you never leave home. Shelter in place was about public safety. Keep distance. Don't go out for non-essential reasons. Every expert has said exercise and mental health are important

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Just go and stay away from people. If it's packed don't stay. It's not rocket science. Getting out is not a bad thing if done responsibly. Some posters here would have you think you need to become a hermit.

I echo this. Fiancée and I go out daily for walks and we maintain safe distances from people and people do the same with us. As long as people are not dicks about this, it should be fine.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at some of these responses. It's perfectly ok to go out to a park or walk on the sidewalk, play a round of golf, etc as long as you practice social distancing and wear a mask.

The "Era knows best" gang thinks OP is going to a convention center shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of people.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our friend is an epidemiologist who was one of the first to raise the alarm and she says uncrowded outdoor activity with masks is vastly safer than a lot of other stuff you're already doing like going to the market.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

1000% this and it's becoming fairly transparent if you spent time in Covid threads around here. people becoming alarmist and insufferable doesn't help anything.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Follow the normal guidelines like you would going to the store. Wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart from others, and if it's too crowded find another park or walking trail to go to. You don't have to stay inside 24/7 if you are being careful.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
There is no issue with going out as long as you keep your distance and/or wear a mask

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Go check it out. If you pull up and its obviously so packed you can't create distance nope the fuck out and turn around. If it's not so crowded put on a mask and keep your distance.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
1. Wear a mask.
2. Practice social distancing.
3. Avoid touching things unnecessarily, and wash your hands afterwards.

If you do all those things, I'm not sure how anyone could really fault you. Mental health is important too, and going to the park (and being smart about it) is a safe way to preserve your sanity and happiness

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The point of contention was your claim that going outside at all puts you at risk of dying. Sorry, but when you make hyperbolic claims from the jump, the burden really is on you to explain your position. You can't say people should know you're exaggerating, as an excuse.

And experts encourage you to go out (yes, even parks) as long as you obey all the guidelines like a decent human being.

That's all well and good, but as we've all seen that's not always possible due to other people. The first thing that pops to mind is the woman who coughed all over the bus driver, he was dead 2 weeks later through no fault of his own, the rules clearly state not to go out if you're showing symptoms, but she did, because some people are just assholes and you have to account for that. Just because you're doing everything right, doesn't mean other people are.