• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
And I'm afraid because I just know everyone and their mother will be there. I want to be outside too because it's a beautiful day, but it's difficult to accept.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you have to go to the city park? Why not go to a state park/county park and take a walk on the trail.

Funny enough that's what I'm doing in an hour.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
Go, and of it's so busy you won't be able to stay safely away from other people, leave! It will be good for your mental health to spend the day outside.

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My wife wants to visit a friend today who has been allowing people into their house. Its an hour drive one way and she says we wouldn't go in their house. Needless to say, we've been fighting about it today.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Is there just one park? There no woods or something that's far away from everyone else?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
it should be fine as long as you are able to keep your distance from people...if its' too crowded to get your own little area you can always go home.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
There's gotta be like a nice little secluded park or something no ?

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I go for jogs at the park but I wear a mask. Yeah there are assholes that don't but that's on them I'm not their keeper and I'm also not moving out of the way because they can't be bothered to slap a piece of cloth over their mouth.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's perfectly okay to go to the park for exercise.

Take a walk around, keep your distance, you'll be perfectly fine. If you get there and it is too busy, just try another day.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said go to a park that has trails, even in the busiest of times there should be plenty of space between you and anyone else. Bring a backpack with a lunch and plenty to drink and make a day of it. Keep the masks handy for obvious reasons.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I go for jogs at the park but I wear a mask. Yeah there are assholes that don't but that's on them I'm not their keeper and I'm also not moving out of the way because they can't be bothered to slap a piece of cloth over their mouth.
I'm not your keeper but I will advise you not to jog while wearing a mask and maybe even not jog at all outside if possible.

NEWS Wuhan man suffers collapsed lung while running with face mask

Just looking out for ya.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not running and I take breaks I'm not going to run a marathon in a mask. It's literally just jogging wich for me is more like barely walking faster than normal.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Swear I read an article on my feed saying going outdoors is encouraged by studies provided everyone keeps their distance. The issue would be that the good weather brings everyone out.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Ideally, don't go. But is you are, wear masks, don't touch any public fixtures, keep a social distance away from everybody. You should be fine at that point. Take some hand sanitizer and wash your hands vigorously afterwards.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Just stay inside, it isn't that hard. Open a window or something.
Sorry but these kinds of posts are ignorant. Yes, it is that hard to confine yourself to a couple rooms for months on end. Not everyone has a big house and a backyard all to their own. People have a need to get out, and eventually people are going to do that no matter what. That's why we need guidelines from experts on how to eventually go about it.

Oct 27, 2017
There's gotta be like a nice little secluded park or something no ?

Honestly I've been finding people in all of the spots that I normally go to that are quiet and off the trail.

I think a lot of people have that idea right now. But still, go try it. If there's too many people leave, there's definitely going to be places where there will be less people than others. Also wear masks. Be safe and responsible.

ArachosiA

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm no epidemiologist, but I would think the benefits of sun and exercise far outweigh the extremely negligible of catching the virus in the wide open outdoors.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User warned: low-effort fear-mongering
Which is worse? Staying inside on a beautiful day or dying? Stay home.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The way I see it is this:

We all need to go outside and get exercise for our mental health and physical well-being. We can reduce this, but we can't stop entirely. Saying this... knowing that many other people are going to be idiots ranging from flaunting rules to outright ignoring them, I think those of us who do care about our impact here can just be as sensible as we can.

That might mean going to the park and seeing too many people around and deciding to just come back another day. Maybe take a slightly longer walk on the way home to make up for the loss of park time, you still got exercise but you also made a sensible call.

There are ways to handle this where you don't become part of the problem, but don't let anyone tell you to "just say indoors" when you're talking about simple out door exercise.

Which is worse? Staying inside on a beautiful day or dying? Stay home.

See above, this is not reasonable in any way.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Isn't the park big enough to accommodate you and your gf without you guys having to be in a large crowd? I'd just do that: avoid the crowds (and maybe wear a mask just as a precaution)

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wear a mask, don't touch your face, and stay 6 feet away.

Oct 25, 2017
I go to the park all the time. If it's crowded, I leave and go walk a backstreet that no one is there. If it's not, I keep my distance on the occasion I do come across someone.

The risks are not great to just try it.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
If either of you go, you're part of the problem.

Stay in unless it's essential to go out.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Just go and stay away from people. If it's packed don't stay. It's not rocket science. Getting out is not a bad thing if done responsibly. Some posters here would have you think you need to become a hermit.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The way I see it is this:

We all need to go outside and get exercise for our mental health and physical well-being. We can reduce this, but we can't stop entirely. Saying this... knowing that many other people are going to be idiots ranging from flaunting rules to outright ignoring them, I think those of us who do care about our impact here can just be as sensible as we can.

That might mean going to the park and seeing too many people around and deciding to just come back another day. Maybe take a slightly longer walk on the way home to make up for the loss of park time, you still got exercise but you also made a sensible call.

There are ways to handle this where you don't become part of the problem, but don't let anyone tell you to "just say indoors" when you're talking about simple out door exercise.

See above, this is not reasonable in any way.

It's perfectly reasonable. You don't need to go to the park, it's a luxury and it's not one worth risking your life over. And you can exercise just fine at home, if that's your reason for going out.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's perfectly reasonable. You don't need to go to the park, it's a luxury and it's not one worth risking your life over. And you can exercise just fine at home, if that's your reason for going out.
No, it's really not. Outside exercise is recommend by experts because it is so important to our physical and mental well-being. You can go to the park and be perfectly within all guidelines if you're sensible. You're wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
Just go and stay away from people. If it's packed don't stay. It's not rocket science. Getting out is not a bad thing if done responsibly. Some posters here would have you think you need to become a hermit.

Yeah I'm honestly kind of surprised at that response. Practice all the things you would already do and it's fine. Staying inside altogether is not healthy unless you're in a dense area and your only park options are city parks I guess. In that case I may be dissuaded depending on crowds.

Kleefeld

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
People were always allowed to go to the park in here in Germany since the start of restrictions (without a mask as well) and numbers were and are still dropping so don't worry to much, just try to keep the mandated distance.

Mar 3, 2018
As other have said, do it responsibly. I've been going out on walks either early in the morning or late at night, and have been walking through the local park but not sitting down or lingering there. Avoid other folk and just be rational about it. Even at the park remember not to touch the railing, benches etc. Who knows when the last time was when they were cleaned or how many people have touched it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
No, it's really not. Outside exercise is recommend by experts because it is so important to our physical and mental well-being. You can go to the park and be perfectly within all guidelines if you're sensible. You're wrong.

And a busy park is the only outside area where you can exercise?

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
The people telling you to stay home are probably the same people who would stay home regardless of if there was a pandemic...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Have any credible, medical professionals made the suggestion to not leave your home at all, for any reason, even to go for a walk, otherwise you are going to die?