• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's in writing nope.

Not exactly; oral contracts are still contracts and potentially enforceable in certain circumstances (and I don't think this situation is a statute of frauds scenario, but no one typically lends $4k without writing it the fuck down precisely because of how much of a pain in the ass this is shit is), and OP allegedly does have texts at least which could help

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the kicker, the dad doesn't speak English so that's not possible haha. I respect her decision but she kinda owes me a reason for blocking me. We're both tied to the $4k loan.

Hate to say it but you are tied to the 4k. She isn't and you won't get it back possibly. Which totally didn't go to the credit cards. Maybe she put it all down for the Texans to win a Super Bowl.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"You. Are. An. Ass.
It is such typical behaviour of you to write me off as the crazy ex girlfriend due to your reluctance to do the most bare minimum of introspection. But on a goddamn forum we're both on???
I left you because you were an immature toff, and I didn't want to spend the rest of my days coming home to some troglodyte that was always on Era, playing Rocket League, thinking it was okay to make anti semitic jokes to their jewish girlfriend, having tantrums left and right over the most asinine shit, and incapable of articulating their needs and feelings to me. You couldn't even be bothered enough to take out the rubbish while I was away at work or take into consideration my work schedule the next morning whenever we tried to make date night plans. You constantly pissed off our friends by arriving late to everything. You pissed off my flatmate and wrote her off as an extreme racist when you were the one slamming doors at 2am knowing full well she had work the next morning and then leaving me to clean up your mess.
The fact that you immediately turned into a poonhound post breakup just solidifies so much I suspected about you. You lacked so much consideration for anyone that wasn't yourself and always will. I was a bigger fool to have stayed with you."

Well this thread is new to me. How am I supposed to sleep tonight?

Wait no lmfao I remember this but didn't stick around for it to truly pop off. Wowwwww

loco

Jan 6, 2021
OP is right up there with 90 Day Fiance' and everyone else here is pillow talk

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus, 4K OP...?!?!

I'd only lend that much money to family or my absolute closest network of friends (i.e. people who I know would do the same for me).

That's way too much money to just move on from, IMO.

As for your crush? Yeah, um... If you still get no response after a week or two, I'd just do what was suggested earlier in the thread.

After getting my money back I'd move on.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
She lives with her parents and her young child. The child was there. Not sure how old the kid is but imagine the conversations at the dinner table over that couple of days...
Dad: Who is this man who puked in our house and slept drunk in the same room as my grand-daughter? And you took 4000 from him? I'm sorry, I never want to see him again.
Her: Yeah, I'll just block him. Sorry, dad.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I bet she told you that you were special as well.

You got fucking played dude, you're never getting that money back, it's over.

Listen to me very carefully.

The only thing you're going to get pursuing this is a restraining order.

Drop it, accept that you had to pay a steep price to learn this life lesson and move on.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
She didn't block him. He probably lend her more money lol.
By anyone who reads this thread. It's public information now and it's not hard to figure out who the OP by people with certain skills. In fact, I was blown away when someone PMed the correct information by just revealing a tiny bit of information in the past.
People literally put their net worth online. Ever check CNBC's Make It YouTube channel? Seems overblown. He's not putting his CC and account numbers here.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1u_5Q1QBnfv8CAJ60QLD3iJU6M8=.gif

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Wew lad, what a ride.

Sometimes, during quiet moments, I sit and consider life choices I've made and wonder how things could have turned out if I'd not made certain mistakes.

Reading this thread, I'm thinking "No, I'm good. It could have gone a lot worse!"

Thanks, OP, for the life-affirming perspective.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm still laughing at this post, it's a work of art

Based on the info provided we have no real way of knowing. You do imply that you were drunk enough that night that you might have acted in a way you don't remember, so maybe it's something like that. The money could be the reason or related but without knowing you two, we can't really say.

Might also be some kind of mistake but that seems like the less likely option, depending on the device I suppose.

Thank you, I'm here all night.

I'm pretty sure I stole it from Deb on Dexter though

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wew lad, what a ride.

Sometimes, during quiet moments, I sit and consider life choices I've made and wonder how things could have turned out if I'd not made certain mistakes.

Reading this thread, I'm thinking "No, I'm good. It could have gone a lot worse!"

Thanks, OP, for the life-affirming perspective.
I am old enough to have spent 4k on a car that shorty after broke down and lost 2k in crypto.
Live long enough you'll make mistakes.

Never got scammed in this manner though because I would never give money to somebody like this. Maaaybe like $100 at the absolute most heh

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
OP needs to give us more crazy details about this situation. I want to know more about the crushes living situation. Did the baby not gave a crib?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
"You. Are. An. Ass.
It is such typical behaviour of you to write me off as the crazy ex girlfriend due to your reluctance to do the most bare minimum of introspection. But on a goddamn forum we're both on???
I left you because you were an immature toff, and I didn't want to spend the rest of my days coming home to some troglodyte that was always on Era, playing Rocket League, thinking it was okay to make anti semitic jokes to their jewish girlfriend, having tantrums left and right over the most asinine shit, and incapable of articulating their needs and feelings to me. You couldn't even be bothered enough to take out the rubbish while I was away at work or take into consideration my work schedule the next morning whenever we tried to make date night plans. You constantly pissed off our friends by arriving late to everything. You pissed off my flatmate and wrote her off as an extreme racist when you were the one slamming doors at 2am knowing full well she had work the next morning and then leaving me to clean up your mess.
The fact that you immediately turned into a poonhound post breakup just solidifies so much I suspected about you. You lacked so much consideration for anyone that wasn't yourself and always will. I was a bigger fool to have stayed with you."

OMG

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I was laughing but then I started thinking and I did loan my wife $3k after about two years of dating. She had to have a major surgery and didn't want the hospital bills hanging over her head. Still together with a kid all these years later so worked out I guess lol. I didn't get suckered in with the pay you after my taxes though 😬

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I was laughing but then I started thinking and I did loan my wife $3k after about two years of dating. She had to have a major surgery and didn't want the hospital bills hanging over her head. Still together with a kid all these years later so worked out I guess lol. I didn't get suckered in with the oh you after my taxes though 😬
Getting married is one way to get out of a loan I guess! Glad it worked out for you

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am old enough to have spent 4k on a car that shorty after broke down and lost 2k in crypto.

Never got scammed in this manner though because I would never give money to somebody like this. Maaaybe like $100 at the absolute most heh
I thought crypto was very scammy.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be your friend for 4k too OP, if I don't reply right away after you send it my goldfish is drowning.

But fr, just live and learn and move on.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the waiting till tax time thing to
Get paid back (unless they hadn't filed yet for some reason) was OP expecting to wait till next year? (Unless OP is not American but I imagine now isn't the time to expecting refunds like that)

Last edited:

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017

I bought a block of land ~15 years ago because family pressured me into it, thinking it could only go up!

Technically I still have the land, I guess.

I also made my girlfriend renew her lease because I wasn't ready for her to move in with me yet. We never spent a night apart during those sox months. A marriage and two kids later, she's still giving me grief about the rent she wasted.

I still don't feel as bad about my choices as OP should.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Maybe she does intend to pay you back, it would be crazy to take that much money from someone who knows where you live and your family and all that, you would have to have zero respect for the person at all and think they would just never do anything. If she only has a part time job though tax season isn't going to bring around 4000 bucks.

Either she was meaning to pay you back or she has zero, no respect for you whatsoever as a person, there's no two ways about it and I hope that would end any crush.

[email protected]

Maybe early 20's but damn puking in people's toilets and sleeping on the floor in a room with a baby that ain't yours at almost 30?

Jesus, I missed the baby part…yea….that might have something to do with it……..

Status
Not open for further replies.