• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
It would be so fucking funny if the whole blocking thing was a mistake in whatever way, no hard feelings, but then the OP mentions the debt and gets blocked for real.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Any time i feel down on myself, i just pop into any random thread on era and immediately feel better.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
utEJUma.png
omg

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Thread summary for those just joining us:

• OP has anxious attachment style.

• OP had sex with this person two weeks ago despite this person literally crying over their ex of six years. Oh, and she has a child with this ex.

• OP gave her $4,000.

• OP doesn't know not to give people $4,000.

• OP's crush/beneficiary lives with their parents.

• OP had an awkward encounter with her parents when leaving their house hungover because apparently Bowling for Soup was right and high school never ends.

• OP doesn't know about boundaries.

• OP got drunk and may have done/said something that caused them to get blocked. They know they threw up in her house, in her baby's room, and that may just be the beginning.

• OP seems to think this still may end well for them, thinks love can bloom, is wrong.
Thanks Jiggles. Mighty fine summary. Enough to laugh my ass off.

OP can I has $4k too? Bro you lost that money. Kiss it good bye.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Legally, sure. It doesn't absolve her from repayment though.
I kind of feel like if the sex were reverse, the OP a woman and a man walked off with a cool 4k, I think people would be more sympathetic with the OP and mad at the man but maybe I am over thinking it.

Because 4k is a lot of freaking money for somebody to say they would pay back and then ghost them. It is wrong, it is stealing if this woman here said she was going to pay it back.

But, I really don't think OP is getting that money back either way.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
maybe send her an email?
you've slept with her and all, surely you have her email

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States

• OP had sex with this person two weeks ago despite this person literally crying over their ex of six years. Oh, and she has a child with this ex.

• OP gave her $4,000.

• OP had an awkward encounter with her parents when leaving their house hungover because apparently Bowling for Soup was right and high school never ends.

• OP got drunk and may have done/said something that caused them to get blocked. They know they threw up in her house, in her baby's room, and that may just be the beginning.

• OP seems to think this still may end well for them, thinks love can bloom, is wrong.

Great write up. Will continue to watch thread from here 👍

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Fuck, I still wake up in the middle of the night over getting 2k swindled from me. Not everyone is rich.
4k is a lot for me too. Like it would ruin my year. Though with my social anxiety I am not sure I would want to deal with the courts.

OP said they were well off as well so they probably won't either.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Op, since you claim to have it in writing that she is to pay you back and you apparently want the money back, you might want to start by asking a lawyer or legal expert if that holds up in a small claims court. Of course factoring fees, it may be better to let this whole thing go but it's your choice. Just don't make things worse by physically going to her.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Op If I were you, I'd talk to her mom. Talk to her and tell her you were sorry you puked in her grand baby's room. It won't happen again.

Also mention you lent her daughter $4k and you want it back but if you get together again, you will surely wait until next year for it back.

Also give her a compliment. I heard if you do that to the GF's mom, that gets you bonus points. If her husband is around, ask her to put you on speaker and also apologize to him that you won't do the walk of shame no mo. You a grown ass adult and ready to settle down. He will surely like that.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Op If I were you, I'd talk to her mom. Talk to her and tell her you were sorry you puked in her grand baby's room. It won't happen again.

Also mention you lent her daughter $4k and you want it back but if you get together again, you will surely wait until next year for it back.

Also give her a compliment. I heard if you do that to the GF's mom, that gets you bonus points. If her husband is around, ask her to put you on speaker and also apologize to him that you won't do the walk of shame no mo. You a grown ass adult and ready to settle down. He will surely like that.

Umm, no. Don't do any of this.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You ever finish a really great book and get sort of melancholy knowing you'll never get to experience that story for the first time again?

That's how I feel being caught up with this thread right now.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017

he didn't puke in the baby's room. the people putting that in thread recaps are wrong. he said he puked only in the toilet. give him some credit!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

• OP gave her $4,000.

KvTIgE3.gif

You spend months of era waiting for threads like these to come up. Thanks for the summary. OP, best to just leave it and keep going (throw up in toilet or not)

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
judyjustice.tv

COURT IS BACK IN SESSION FOR ANOTHER SEASON! - Judy Justice

Court is back in session with JUDGE JUDY SHEINDLIN WE ARE BACK IN PRODUCTION FOR A THIRD SEASON OF THE DAYTIME EMMY-AWARD WINNING JUDY JUSTICE ON AMAZON AND WE ARE ACTIVELY ACCEPTING NEW CASE SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PROGRAM. KNOWN FOR MAKING FAIR AND JUST DECISIONS, JUDY JUSTICE OFFERS NEW INSIGHT...

srs
Judge Judy would be entertaining because she would totally drag OP, but I dunno, Judge Steve Harvey might be fun too

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
13 pages?!? What I miss
Check the threadmark. Puked in her house. Slept drunk in the same room as her daughter. Dad is not a fan. They've had sex before. They're both 28. She maxed out her credit cards, so he spotted her 4000. He's got 43K in his account after this payment. She still on/off with her ex (baby daddy?). OP still thinks he'll get his money back.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
The timing of her blocking him is off, why after the party ?

I don't bite with the " he was drunk and puked so dad was not happy", she lives with her parents, he can't be that uncommon to see drunk friends after a party.

Also if she was with OP to scam him why would she stop at 4k ?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
At this point I'm just waiting for OP's friend to make an account to tell us what really happened.
"You. Are. An. Ass.
It is such typical behaviour of you to write me off as the crazy ex girlfriend due to your reluctance to do the most bare minimum of introspection. But on a goddamn forum we're both on???
I left you because you were an immature toff, and I didn't want to spend the rest of my days coming home to some troglodyte that was always on Era, playing Rocket League, thinking it was okay to make anti semitic jokes to their jewish girlfriend, having tantrums left and right over the most asinine shit, and incapable of articulating their needs and feelings to me. You couldn't even be bothered enough to take out the rubbish while I was away at work or take into consideration my work schedule the next morning whenever we tried to make date night plans. You constantly pissed off our friends by arriving late to everything. You pissed off my flatmate and wrote her off as an extreme racist when you were the one slamming doors at 2am knowing full well she had work the next morning and then leaving me to clean up your mess.
The fact that you immediately turned into a poonhound post breakup just solidifies so much I suspected about you. You lacked so much consideration for anyone that wasn't yourself and always will. I was a bigger fool to have stayed with you."

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This.

Maybe you did something while drunk. Maybe you didn't, but if you threw up in her toilet and she said you were feeling it after the first shot, you probably did. I don't know why you clowned around with her dad, but either way, you made her feel uncomfortable. Or maybe you made her dad feel uncomfortable. Or maybe you didn't, and she's just not interested for some other reason!

You need to be okay not knowing.

This.

Very possible ya let all them crush feelings out and she's not comfortable. Or made a comment to dad that wasn't appropriate.

Just move on. Just normal 20's shit. You'll get over it.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

• OP gave her $4,000.

A+

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017

I don't bite with the " he was drunk and puked so dad was not happy", she lives with her parents, he can't be that uncommon to see drunk friends after a party.

He puked and passed out in the same bedroom as the man's grandchild in the man's house. Like, if I'm the grandpa in that situation I'm making sure dude never comes back to my house and I'm seriously considering trying to take custody of my grandchild from my daughter.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

That's a lot of money. Some people are smart enough to take a win when they get one and not drag out the scam. She may not have wanted to keep seeing the OP either, especially after OP vomited in her baby's room lol. Might have been a "ok, time to get the money and get this guy out of my life" type thing.

If Dad said, drop this guy or I am kicking you out, you damn well bet she will drop the guy. Sounds ike she has major money problems. But it also could be 100 different reasons. For all we know, her ex is back in the picture. Or maybe she dropped her phone in the toilet and is waiting to get a new one.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

She lives with her parents and her young child. The child was there. Not sure how old the kid is but imagine the conversations at the dinner table over that couple of days...

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Maybe she does intend to pay you back, it would be crazy to take that much money from someone who knows where you live and your family and all that, you would have to have zero respect for the person at all and think they would just never do anything. If she only has a part time job though tax season isn't going to bring around 4000 bucks.

Either she was meaning to pay you back or she has zero, no respect for you whatsoever as a person, there's no two ways about it and I hope that would end any crush.

maybe send her an email?
you've slept with her and all, surely you have her email
[email protected]
Just move on. Just normal 20's shit. You'll get over it.
Maybe early 20's but damn puking in people's toilets and sleeping on the floor in a room with a baby that ain't yours at almost 30?

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
If you've loaned that much money to pay off someone's debts, what makes you think they will be likely to pay you back anytime soon? The whole point was that she wouldn't have debt payments cutting into her earnings, and how is that much different from her setting aside money to eventually pay you back? She could potentially be doing that slowly, but that seems unlikely. She could already even be back in debt at this point. I wonder if she even necessarily perceives that $4000 as something to be paid back over time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.