• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
rfSmgMF.png
You god damn legend.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
So the Dad basically woke up with his daughters Drunk friend staggering out from his baby grandaughters room......did your friend atleast take her daughter out of the room before you went to sleep?

I mean wtf is wrong with her. Letting a drunk dude sleep with her baby.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, despite the unsolicited flex of the "oh I don't even need that $4k back, I got $43k just chilling in the account right now, that's chump change!" aura here, OP you are a hot fucking mess right now. Like shit man, when I was 22 I was beating myself down for loaning $350 to someone I was seeing/sleeping with at the time because they also seemed pretty down on their luck. But $4k....

I know for a fact that you will not take her to court because when you escalate it, she's going to give a some kind of sob story and you are going to give her some leeway. You seem to really do genuinely like her no matter how nonchalant you try to play this off. But here's the order of possible things I think is happening right now:

1. She is probably still not in a position to pay back any of that $4k and she panicked and is blocking you/leaving you on read
2. You are her rebound and her father catching you in the morning (hell, depending on how drunk you were, you might have even alerted him if he was at home while you were vomiting your life choices for the evening down the toilet) coming out, hungover, out of the goddamn nursery probably made him go off on her and her life choices, leading her to blocking you
3. You did/said something in blackout that she doesn't want to deal with

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I have only finished page two, so I dunno if there was some reveal, but my guess is OP didn't pay his phone bill, so his provider cut him off, thus why the messages were undelivered.
Will come back to this once I have caught up.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Supposedly she had hella credit card dept. she has a part time job so money is a real issue for her atm.

The parents are helping for immediate expenses, she can either pay it off over time with consolidated debt or file for bankruptcy. She doesn't need 4k of your money now, I don't see the urgency.

No bankruptcy court is going to raid her parents house or raid her personal belongings needed for a baby. It would probably all be waived, ruin her credit score which is probably already tanked and cause CC companies to not lend. She'd only owe the bankruptcy lawyer probably $1-2k that could be paid over months.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Chick lets random vomiting drunks sleep in the same room as her baby in her parent's house? Just eat the $4k loss and be happy you're out of that situation OP.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
The parents are helping for immediate expenses, she can either pay it off over time with consolidated debt or file for bankruptcy. She doesn't need 4k of your money now, I don't see the urgency.

Exactly, whether she's in debt to the credit card company or OP, she's still in debt. Maybe it saved her on interest, but fuck that, let her family bail her out. She's got no rent and minimal expenses while living with the family, right?

This thread has been a wild ride.

Summary of sheer tomfoolery

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Thread summary for those just joining us:

• OP has anxious attachment style.

• OP had sex with this person two weeks ago despite this person literally crying over their ex of six years. Oh, and she has a child with this ex.

• OP gave her $4,000.

• OP doesn't know not to give people $4,000.

• OP's crush/beneficiary lives with their parents.

• OP had an awkward encounter with her parents when leaving their house hungover because apparently Bowling for Soup was right and high school never ends.

• OP doesn't know about boundaries.

• OP got drunk and may have done/said something that caused them to get blocked. They know they threw up in her house, in her baby's room, and that may just be the beginning.

• OP seems to think this still may end well for them, thinks love can bloom, is wrong.

Last edited:

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
What a boring thread. It's typical of these socially awkward kind of threads.

Makes comments, doesn't answer them or answers them vaguely. Keeps dropping more and more hints about other aspects but doesn't answer anything. If you don't want the advice or don't want to tell the story... well, I just don't see the point.

Just give it a week and see if she responds. If she doesn't, keep on living. It may suck but it is what it is. If she responds down the road, answer if you want.
Even ignoring the "socially awkward" part, these threads almost always start with "my friend/crush/partner/whatever stopped talking to me and I didn't do anything" and 200 replies later, we find out that the OP did, in fact, do something.

I think it's just done to get a big, popular thread on the site at this point.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Leaving everything else out of it just for everyone to be aware accidental blocks do happen. I'm super cool with my wife's best friend and I accidentally blocked her a few months ago without realizing it.

Thread is fun though troll or not.

Oct 30, 2017
I lent about $10k to a significant other once. She ended up paying most of it back, but is currently being sued for embezzling something like $250k from her employer, so I'm pretty sure I was paid back with stolen money. Kind of wild. It was a very foolish relationship and many lessons were learned the hard way.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Also why do you have 42k in checking as a single adult? Like 10-15k max. Put the rest in something that will grow.

If you aren't panicky with temporary drops in stock valuations during recessions, here's a solid one. Open a Vanguard brokerage and grow it.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Also why do you have 42k in checking as a single adult? Like 10-15k max. Put the rest in something that will grow.

If you aren't panicky with temporary drops in stock valuations during recessions, here's a solid one. Open a Vanguard brokerage and grow it.
Also it's foolish to say how much money they have in their account. It could easily put a target on the OP back.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
You definitely need to get that money back.

I've gone thru craziest lengths over $100.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think I need an MSPaint diagram of the situation.
I got you, bro

image.png

Okay, so I imagine the girl as a redhead and her ex having green eyes (like, glowing green eyes like he crushed up and snorted a bunch of kryptonite)

She's holding a baby and also one of her arms is detached because I didn't want to go back and fix it she's so down on her luck

Also, her ex-boyfriend is flexing but he has no muscles because muscles are hard to draw in MS Paint he's trying not to embarrass OP by flexing that hard

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I just feel like a friend asking for a loan of thousands is a red flag unless it's something incredibly obvious. I've lent friends money, most at once being $700 but it was a buddy of mine I had known at that time for 17 years and knew why it was needed given his situation. Someone asking me for 4 fucking grand...

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

• OP had sex with this person two weeks ago despite this person literally crying over their ex of six years. Oh, and she has a child with this ex.

• OP gave her $4,000.

• OP saw had an awkward encounter with her parents when leaving their house hungover because apparently Bowling for Soup was right and high school never ends.

• OP got drunk and may have done/said something that caused them to get blocked. They know they threw up in her house, in her baby's room, and that may just be the beginning.

• OP seems to think this still may end well for them, thinks love can bloom, is wrong.

🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
UpwardRapier

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
So the Dad basically woke up with his daughters Drunk friend staggering out from his baby grandaughters room......did your friend atleast take her daughter out of the room before you went to sleep?

I mean wtf is wrong with her. Letting a drunk dude sleep with her baby.
No we both went to sleep at 2 am. I was never alone with the baby. She slept with the baby on the bed while I crashed on the floor.

From the dad's perspective, it did look bad tho

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017

• OP gave her $4,000.

• OP saw had an awkward encounter with her parents when leaving their house hungover because apparently Bowling for Soup was right and high school never ends.

Thanks for this.

Hot mess all around. Sounds like he's young enough to learn at least.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe talk to the ex and see to see if everything is okay. If not, talk to the dad?

Or you just accept you lost a friend and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.