• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
- we met a year ago at Amazon
- I went to all her family birthdays, we went on 4 dates
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
- she's very emotional. She had a child with her ex, they were together for 6 years. Ended a year and a half ago.
- I have suspicions that she has deep feeling for him still. She cries to ex lover songs :(

Okay yeah, that says a lot more. It's possible she regrets sleeping with you, misses her ex more than she wants a serious relationship with you, and/or probably feels like she fucked up the potential friendship she had with you and would rather cut her losses.

It sucks she chose not to tell you this to your face (or what she might actually be feeling), but it's likely something like that, and there's not much you can do about it. Just give her space, maybe she just needs a break from you to figure things out. But don't expect anything.

And I guess if you lent her a lot of money without clear re-payment terms...don't expect that back either.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but how good of a friend is someone if all it takes to end the friendship is that while being drunk? No apologizing, talking it out, just boom done?
Bit of an exaggeration I suppose, we had only been friends for like a couple of months but we were getting super fucking close before all that happened so I'll still refer to them as a "good friend".

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
This is the cringiest thing I've witnessed all night, and I've just watched Alex Jones' testimony

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
- she's very emotional. She had a child with her ex, they were together for 6 years. Ended a year and a half ago.
- I have suspicions that she has deep feeling for him still. She cries to ex lover songs :(

God the way you were talking about having a crush made you sound like a couple of kids.

Cut your losses and learn from this.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is going to be one of those "abandon ship" scenarios. And in the nicest way possible.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
..........No offense but that's kind of sort of important.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
Well there we go, that changes everything. You've been ghosted and it could very well be due to her ex. It might have been something you've done but it's more likely to be her just needing space. Not the nicest way to handle things but this stuff happens.

You need to stop obsessing over her and move on.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm sorry, but how good of a friend is someone if all it takes to end the friendship is that while being drunk? No apologizing, talking it out, just boom done?
Ws8pcAy.jpg

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I have money on OP considering the birthday parties the dates and there was no real date(s).

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
What a boring thread. It's typical of these socially awkward kind of threads.

Makes comments, doesn't answer them or answers them vaguely. Keeps dropping more and more hints about other aspects but doesn't answer anything. If you don't want the advice or don't want to tell the story... well, I just don't see the point.

Just give it a week and see if she responds. If she doesn't, keep on living. It may suck but it is what it is. If she responds down the road, answer if you want.

Oct 27, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
A clue 🤔 and with the dad stuff and hungover exit I'm going with some young lady got a big lecture that day and the guilt and feelings of the ex overwhelmed her and she blocked you for feeling guilty for having a good time with someone else. Just a guess.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Okay yeah, that says a lot more. It's possible she regrets sleeping with you, misses her ex more than she wants a serious relationship with you, and/or probably feels like she fucked up the potential friendship she had with you and would rather cut her losses.

It sucks she chose not to tell you this to your face (or what she might actually be feeling), but it's likely something like that, and there's not much you can do about it. Just give her space, maybe she just needs a break from you to figure things out. But don't expect anything.

And I guess if you lent her a lot of money without clear re-payment terms...don't expect that back either.

Yeah this is plausible. Lots of people recently separated with a kid are going to prioritize that.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago

These are important details. Why did you not think about sharing this information in the OP?

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This is like "Minecraft banned me for no reason all I did was ask someone if they farted" levels of suss.

If you're gonna make a thread like this you gotta come out with the full truth, you ain't gettin' nothing past us.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I have no problem loaning money, if I have it, and they always pay me back, mostly close family though.
My whole thing with loaning people money, on the rare times that I've done it, is that I make the decision fully aware that they'll never pay me back. If I can stomach that much cash leaving my account, then that's that. It's likely to happen.

Crustysox

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 6, 2022
We are absolutely being trolled, and if not..

The only logical thing to do is fuck her dad and get him to buy you shit. Gotta get that money back one way or another.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
imo the best way to get back in touch with her is to cashapp more money to her

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Just seems like a lot of drama, OP. Why entertain such a strange friendship? Loaning money, someone that is clearly not over a partner, and you like her. Like why? There are other people out there.

Honestly, if you're truly blocked, this is a blessing in disguise.

It just seems like a massive waste of time and now money lol.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
"She's a very emotional person"

EDIT: I just really don't like how this was called out as an important detail. Given this thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.