• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The best option here is to just let it go.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
You can try *one more time* to contact her through a social media account or a mutual friend in case it was a random mistake to block you on her phone, but that's it. If you're blocked or get no answer from somewhere else, leave her alone unless she gets back in touch with you.

Definitely forget the money
Could be a mistake? Do you have other channels to communicate with her? IG?

Because your side of the story seems super "normal"? Unless you leaving things stuff out.

Try once, no reply. Move on.
Definitely don't do this. If they don't want to talk to you, they don't want to talk to you, period. Trying to skirt around the obvious message they are sending and try to make contact is only going to make things worse by not respecting their wishes. If by some unlikely chance it was by accident they'll figure it out eventually and you can laugh it off as assuming you did something wrong while drunk you don't remember.

Just move on and maybe reflect on how alcohol impacted this friendship.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Yes you can and you should.

I'm not saying this isn't the proper way but it's kind of sad that this is the accepted way now. Like I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be this way people used to communicate in the past didn't they?

Its kind of no wonder people are all confused and screwed up with this ghosting stuff.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Seems real petty and weird to just block someone if they did something uncomfortable while being drunk unless it was something horrific. Feel like a decent friend would explain the situation and then maybe block if they still felt uncomfortable by your response. But maybe i'm wrong.

Otherwise it seems like you're leaving out a crucial detail lol

Last edited:

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
You look like you enjoy the attention and not really reflecting on the situation here. Take a step back.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
This has all the makings of a legendary thread.

Does OP show up uninvited to this girl's house? Do they hit the gym and lawyer up?

Stay tuned to find out!

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all going to hate how much I lent her.. so I'll leave that detail out haha
sit down and let Barry teach you about loaning people money

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More than likely you did or said some wild shit while you were drunk that you can't take back or fix. I've had to learn that lesson a few times and that is exactly why I never have more than two drinks anymore.

This. I slapped the ass of a good friend while drunk and that was a wrap on that friendship. And I deserved it.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
They blocked you is the message they sent. Maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didn't... there's really no point agonizing over it when the underlying fact is they blocked you without telling you.

Sorry OP, it sucks but it's time to cut your losses.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely don't do this. If they don't want to talk to you, they don't want to talk to you, period. Trying to skirt around the obvious message they are sending and try to make contact is only going to make things worse by not respecting their wishes. If by some unlikely chance it was by accident they'll figure it out eventually and you can laugh it off as assuming you did something wrong while drunk you don't remember.

Just move on and maybe reflect on how alcohol impacted this friendship.
Good point. But I don't even think he's blocked.

He likes her--clearly. He's not dating her since he refers her as his friend.

She hasn't replied in only 2 days. That's nothing, especially with friends. Sounds like an anxious attachment style from the OP.

Also sounds young given the scenarios.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Does she know you are crushing on her? Maybe she got word that you are crushing on her and your actions that night and you lending her money gave her a bad taste in her mouth that she doesn't want to associate with you and just straight ghosted you if she is worried about any kind of blowback from you.

Or she is just busy and hasn't responded and you are thinking she blocked you.

Oct 30, 2017
Plot twist: crush got so depressed OP didn't make a move, they got blind drunk and dropped their phone down the toilet while vomiting, and hasn't got a replacement yet so hasn't seen the messages.

Move on dude

OP
OP
UpwardRapier

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
People never lay out all the deets in these threads
- we met a year ago at Amazon
- I went to all her family birthdays, we went on 4 dates
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
- she's very emotional. She had a child with her ex, they were together for 6 years. Ended a year and a half ago.
- I have suspicions that she has deep feeling for him still. She cries to ex lover songs :(

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'm not saying this isn't the proper way but it's kind of sad that this is the accepted way now. Like I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be this way people used to communicate in the past. Its kind of no wonder people are all confused and screwed up with this ghosting stuff.

We also didnt have nearly as much access to other people back then. Knowing when they're "online" or just having access to entire conversation histories, things like that. Accepted social behavior has changed because the way people interact with each other has changed. Or just the way information about us is available to others. It all has its limits and it's more acceptable today for people to just say fuck it, and not owe someone else an explanation for why they don't want to interact with them anymore.

Much much more of our relationships are maintained digitally these days, I don't think there's one single explanation for the advent of "ghosting" but I think the relative lack of face-to-face interaction compared to before social media or the internet has a lot to do with it. We have more relationships but they're generally valued less than when we were younger.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
A lot of really weird vaguely sexist posts in here about this money.

Anyway, OP, if this is a serious amount of money that you care more about than the friendship, that's going to be messy. If you care about the friendship too, give it a week and try again. Ask if you did anything wrong or made her upset. Sounds like she wasn't comfortable with your drinking or something you did while drunk.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
- she's very emotional. She had a child with her ex, they were together for 6 years. Ended a year and a half ago.
- I have suspicions that she has deep feeling for him still. She cries to ex lover songs :(
Why did you leave out all this detail? It's massive.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
  • "Friend/Crush"
  • Drank until you got sick
Not a great recipe. God only knows what you said or how your communicated either verbally or non-verbally. If it's a blocking, then it's done & dusted. No coming back from that.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry OP. Just let it go.

And life lesson, don't lend anyone money and expect to ever see it again. Even family.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
are we being trolled

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
The lesson is she wasn't your real friend and she was probably using you for your money
Sorry dude :(

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Don't lend anything you can't afford to lose.

Don't initiate any further contact. Don't lend out anything more if she reaches out again.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago

How much

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Rhetoric
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
jfc, there's money, sex, AND a kid involved. Just write that money off and move on. She'll be back in your DMs next time she's broke.

Oct 30, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago

😖

Move on dude there is nothing here for you.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
Did you use protection 2 weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.