• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
That sucks if you got used for cash and then ghosted. I feel for you OP. But probably nothing you can do

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Do not harass her. Give her a reasonable amount of time to offer to pay the money back. If she doesn't, and you have documentation showing she agreed to pay it back, then feel free to file against her in small claims court. If you don't have such documentation just move on, you're not seeing the money.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Parents generally don't approve of guys who get so drunk they stay the night and throw up in the toilet.

The fact that she said that she didn't initiate the shots that night means that you were already on thin ice.

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
oh-to-be-young-again-raphael-v-chestang.gif

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How old are you and this girl? How much money did you loan her? How long have you known her? Do you share any other friends in common? You're missing a lot of info. THis feels like one of the threads where we get an update in a week that makes it all MUCH more sketchy.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Letting us know how much you lent might be important to us knowing whether you should try to get the money back. The relationship is gone and there is no salvaging.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Worst thing you can do in this moment is act like you really care.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I wouldn't overthink it (well, I would, but you shouldn't). People have a lot of reasons for coming and going out of people's lives, and it could also be a mistake or a misunderstanding. It could be as complicated as you did something offensive, or as shallow as she just didn't want to pay the money back, but regardless, you can use this chance to go make a new friend.

I usually take something like this as a sign that the friendship has run its course and just turn my focus to other people, because once you start fixating on trying to fix a friendship that seems to be going downhill, that's often when things start to turn sour in ways that aren't repairable. I've lost quite a few friendships over my life to blowing a minor misunderstanding up into a larger thing by trying to get to the root of it (I typically like to try to hash things out and solve them right away, and what I've learned is that very few people share the same sentiment), so it usually just works better to let people have some time to themselves and then let them make the first move if they decide they want to rekindle the friendship or whatever. Otherwise, you risk applying pressure to an already stressful situation and that can sometimes be the straw that totally breaks the camel's back and makes it hard to be friendly again.

Good luck!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ.

Is it at all possible that she's just not responded for 2 days? That is normal you know?
Yep.

2 days is nothing. what in the world lol.

I sometimes don't even read texts for a week.

Now the OP is jumping to conclusions that he's blocked. Watch it be that she got busy with something.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I think you need to just befriend the dad. You wanna block me? Fine. I'm going fishing with your dad. Don't wanna pay me back? That's cool-- your old man and I just cleared out your college savings buying tickets to the World Cup. Check and mate.

Real talk though: I'm getting up there in age and all I can say is that I've never seen a situation where someone gets blocked or cut off, thinks that they need to have the decision reconsidered, and have ever made the situation better by pressing the argument. Trying to get the blocker to change their mind always results in the blockee looking worse and worse.

Time to cut your losses, OP. You've already lost this one. Now it's just time to accept it and move on.
www.youtube.com

Flirt (with your Dad)

Hell hath no fury like a close friend and parent tipsy at my birthday dinner

Milfanito ~

Apr 1, 2022
If she blocked you it's simple, she doesn't want anything more to do with you, so don't insist on trying to find out the reasons why. Let it go. It's not worth it.

Remember next time don't lend money to anyone unless they are someone you absolutely trust.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
How old are you OP?

This sounds like high school shenanigans. Her parents didn't like you and forbade her from talking to you again.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cut to the chase op and tell us what you're leaving out.

How long have you known her? Did you first try to go out with her, and when she turned you down did you to pretend to be friends with her to wear her down? Were you lending her money to show what a "good guy" you are?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
thread has more red flags than a bullfighting convention

Nov 1, 2017
Cut your losses. Respect her boundaries.

More than likely you did or said some wild shit while you were drunk that you can't take back or fix. I've had to learn that lesson a few times and that is exactly why I never have more than two drinks anymore.

Also: never lend your crush money. If she knew you were crushing on her and you gave her money, it was a wrap from that moment forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.